Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,982 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

My Husband Wants an Abortion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants an Abortion (1666 Views)

My Sick Husband Wants Me To Be Having Sex Elsewhere / Husband Wants Divorce From Wife Because Of Sexual Starvation / My Husband Wants Me To Have An Abortion . I Want A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hello ,my friend is married and just found out she was pregnant.Most people who are married find this to be a joyful moment,but not for my friend's husband.The thing is my friend told me that her husband told her to get an abortion soon because ,he is not yet ready to have a kid. My friend is completely against it ,but is afraid that he will neglect the baby when it's born. What should she do to convince her husband ,that abortion is not an option?
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by Chinwem(f): 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovelydoll: . What should she do to convince her husband ,that abortion is not an option?

Have the baby
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by slimyem: 5:38pm On Jun 12, 2013
Have you asked you friend what the initial agreement between them both was?
Maybe they had both agreed to no kids for a certain length of time after marriage and she decided to play her own tricks..undecided
Anyway, she should do whatever she can to dissuade him from insisting. It would be harder if she decided to get pregnant without his consent though..
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
slimyem: Have you asked you friend what the initial agreement between them both was?
Maybe they had both agreed to no kids for a certain length of time after marriage and she decided to play her own tricks..undecided
Anyway, she should do whatever she can to dissuade him from insisting. It would be harder if she decided to get pregnant without his consent though..

Strangely they are a strong christian couple.This has come as a shock to me
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2013
Chinwem:

Have the baby
i agree
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 12, 2013
Lovelydoll,is this ur "friend" u?. Jusk asking anyway.
And d story get as e bi for my eye.
Maybe u will ask this ur "friend" to tell u the truth.we can start from there.
A married man rejecting his first pregnancy,in naija(abi r they westerners)?
Osanubua!
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by slimyem: 5:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovelydoll:

Strangely they are a strong christian couple.This has come as a shock to me
You don't have the full gist of the matter.undecided
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 12, 2013
Unless their situation is very dire or unless the woman deliberately and deviously went against an agreement they had before the man deserves a solid knock on the head for that nonsense. Even if they are dirt poor and can't afford to feed themselves, he can't just dictate to her to get an abortion, it's a decision they have to come to together.

If she deliberately poked holes in the condom, then he's just acting out his justifiable anger at this point. Hopefully for her, he will eventually calm down, if not she's on her own with that one.

If it was an honest mistake that she got pregnant, then he needs to suck it up and prepare to be a daddy.

If they had no plans to keep from getting pregnant and he didn't take any precautions, then I hope she has smacked him down as decisively as possible. Nonsense.
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by dayokanu(m): 8:12pm On Jun 12, 2013
Why is he not ready yet.

The guy might be making sense depending on his reason
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 8:13pm On Jun 12, 2013
slimyem: You don't have the full gist of the matter.undecided

your right i need to ask her more questions ,but abortion is not an option
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 8:14pm On Jun 12, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Lovelydoll,is this ur "friend" u?. Jusk asking anyway.
And d story get as e bi for my eye.
Maybe u will ask this ur "friend" to tell u the truth.we can start from there.
A married man rejecting his first pregnancy,in naija(abi r they westerners)?
Osanubua!

yessss they are western ,thw wife is nigerian and the husband is african american.
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 8:15pm On Jun 12, 2013
dayokanu: Why is he not ready yet.

The guy might be making sense depending on his reason

financial probably.

but the bottom line is if your having sex ,its possible to have a child.
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by lovelydoll: 8:16pm On Jun 12, 2013
ileobatojo: Unless their situation is very dire or unless the woman deliberately and deviously went against an agreement they had before the man deserves a solid knock on the head for that nonsense. Even if they are dirt poor and can't afford to feed themselves, he can't just dictate to her to get an abortion, it's a decision they have to come to together.

If she deliberately poked holes in the condom, then he's just acting out his justifiable anger at this point. Hopefully for her, he will eventually calm down, if not she's on her own with that one.

If it was an honest mistake that she got pregnant, then he needs to suck it up and prepare to be a daddy.

If they had no plans to keep from getting pregnant and he didn't take any precautions, then I hope she has smacked him down as decisively as possible. Nonsense.

i always love your post

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by dayokanu(m): 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovelydoll:

yessss they are western ,thw wife is nigerian and the husband is african american.

One chance things.

Some cultures prefer to enjoy their marriage first before popping babies which is unlike most Africans where the week after the wedding people are already checking the brides tummy. E.g The Obamas got married in 1992 had their first child 6yrs later

Whats the womans profession and whats the guys profession?Do you have an idea of their income. American men are naturally scared of Child support issues in many cases

I suspect they both would have agreed to put a hold on having babies for some time.
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by dayokanu(m): 8:21pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovelydoll:

financial probably.

but the bottom line is if your having sex ,its possible to have a child.

If they are married and both agreed they wont have kids, the wife told the husband she has gone on contraceptive

Then they can have sex without the risk of having kids, but if the woman says she is on contraceptive and she isnt thats deception
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by greatgod2012(f): 8:39pm On Jun 12, 2013
Are they truly married, if yes, then, tell your friend to have the baby, such controversial babies usually turn out right and well, and moreso, if God want to justify and suprise her, the baby will look exactly like the man, and if such happens, its the man that will aplogise to the woman and take up his responsibility towards the baby, as well as the mother.
Abortion is not an option, especially at this stage of their marriage. I pray to God to bless them and enable them financially and in every way they want Him to.
Peace.
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by biolabee(m): 10:34pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovelydoll:

does he have other kids elsewhere?
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 12, 2013
His not ready ? undecided Why get married in the first place ? undecided

Have the kid. He may change his mind.
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by TiiTee: 11:03pm On Jun 12, 2013
lovelydoll: Hello ,my friend is married and just found out she was pregnant.Most people who are married find this to be a joyful moment,but not for my friend's husband.The thing is my friend told me that her husband told her to get an abortion soon because ,he is not yet ready to have a kid. My friend is completely against it ,but is afraid that he will neglect the baby when it's born. What should she do to convince her husband ,that abortion is not an option?

she shud not even dare!
such babies always have a purpose.
Please I beg you, tell her not to touch that pregnancy!

this is one of the circumstances that leads to single motherhood, and some people are here crucifying single mothers, not knowing what led to it. Such an irresponsible husband! smh
Re: My Husband Wants an Abortion by GoldenLady1: 11:29pm On Jun 12, 2013
Hmm, is she close to his mother? The mother may encourage the husband to drop this attitude (especially if she's a staunch Christian).

(1) (Reply)

The Thinking & Feeling Function - How They Impact Our Relationships. / Please Help This Lady! / The Cause Of Husband Scarcity Today.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.