Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,016 members, 7,953,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:34 AM

Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? (19577 Views)

A Polygamous home Or A Single Parent Home? / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Polygamous Home !what Impact Does It Make In The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 13, 2013
Biolabee

6 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 13, 2013
I saw this picture some years ago with little Indonesian school girls in a peaceful protest
Doesn't this defeat the argument that Muslim women are happy with polygamy
Food for thought

( I hope they were not killed afterwards)

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by bellong: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
My dad had SIX (6) wives and only God knows how many concubines.

There is possibility of having a happy polygamous home if the man involved does not bring in "a wounded lion" to destroy the unity of the happy family.

Before my dad brought his 4th, 5th and 6th wife, the first three wives were like sisters and so cordial that you will never believe they were "orogun(s)". They loved each other and the family was so peaceful until my dad became a "female emperor" by being weak in controlling that thing between his legs. When the other wives came, they broke the fabric of what they met and destroyed the family. The last wife was the worst. She was the one that finally scattered the home and gained control of my dad. The children of the first three wives till today are cordial and they carry on the friendship of their mothers.

My take is, a polygamous home can live happily only if the man can successfully get good women of like mind and who will work together to achieve a common goal as a family while the man responsibly balances affection and attention with them.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by slimyem: 5:06pm On Jun 13, 2013
I have never seen one. Most of the happiness they front is pretentious. No woman likes to share in truth.

Polygamy is so not the way to go. Anyone who has had a personal experience whether as a child, or parent will never advocate it.
The competition never ends both between the mothers and the children. Nothing is healthy about it.

The men themselves often regret it after a while but ego won't let them mouth it. The place of money is very different in this case.

6 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
anybody that calls points a finger at any other has four pointing back at his or herself

#Not Up to it today...
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 5:07pm On Jun 13, 2013
bukatyne:
I like to base my discussion on a common ground. For example, a Christian and Muslim cannot agree on polygamy or the definition of marriage. The Bible treats marriage as a covenant; Muslims treat it as a contract

which is why you should not make comments that show bias against other religious groups. #liveandletlive

ileobatojo:
It's all the same thing.

#juju tinz

By the way, when are you coming to update the juju that allows you to 'perform' at night. Don't forget the one I gave you before will soon expire o!

i am updating this weekend - i have overused it. the weather of the past few weeks has been unusually cold!

jennykadry: I guess there are happy polygamous homes. I remember as a kid we had this neighbor who was married to two women, these women loved each other like sisters. You dare not come in between them. Even their own siblings could not bring rivalry and jealousy into their home

thank you, jenny!
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by bukatyne(f): 5:09pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

which is why you should not make comments that show bias against other religious groups. #liveandletlive

i am updating this weekend - i have overused it. the weather of the past few weeks has been unusually cold!

thank you, jenny!

Can you quote any of my post that was a bias against other religious groups?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jun 13, 2013
bellong: My dad had SIX (6) wives and only God knows how many concubines.

There is possibility of having a happy polygamous home if the man involved does not bring in "a wounded lion" to destroy the unity of the happy family.

Before my dad brought his 4th, 5th and 6th wife, the first three wives were like sisters and so cordial that you will never believe they were "orogun(s)". They loved each other and the family was so peaceful until my dad became a "female emperor" by being weak in controlling that thing between his legs. When the other wives came, they broke the fabric of what they met and destroyed the family. The last wife was the worst. She was the one that finally scattered the home and gained control of my dad. The children of the first three wives till today are cordial and they carry on the friendship of their mothers.

My take is, a polygamous home can live happily only if the man can successfully get good women of like mind and who will work together to achieve a common goal as a family while the man responsibly balances affection and attention with them.

You have spoken more on the unhappiness in polygamy
Would you prefer a monogamous home or a polygamous home with just the 3 happy wives ?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by SisiKill1: 5:11pm On Jun 13, 2013
ileobatojo:

The bolded is spot on!

I'm telling you that that person's posts on this thread are actually the stupidest thing I've ever had the displeasure of reading on NL. And there is no lack of dumb posts in this place.

Next thing you know he will be on another thread snidely congratulating people on keeping the thread 'devoid of rancour'. Excellent examples he's setting of keeping a thread devoid of rancour innit?

A dullard and a hypocrite. What an unfortunate combination.

Rotflmao! Dead!!!! cheesy cheesy

You forgot the snide remarks about people's marriages.

Jeez! I apologize to joyless old hags everywhere I shouldn't have used them for comparison. embarassed

@ Osisi
Abeg sorry for derailing your thread. It's just annoying to see someone jump shark every single time. I mean how does one consistently miss the point? Gah!

@ Topic
I think people can be happy in it if they enter it FULLY AWARE that their husband taking another wife is a strong possibility. I think it's when it is suddenly dropped on a woman's laps that start that yawa enters.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 5:15pm On Jun 13, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
@ Topic
I think people can be happy in it if they enter it FULLY AWARE that their husband taking another wife is a strong possibility. I think it's when it is suddenly dropped on a a woman's laps that start that yawa will enter.

excellent post!

bukatyne:
Can you quote any of my post that was a bias against other religious groups?

that polygamy defeats the purpose of marriage or were you sleeping when you made that comment?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by bellong: 5:18pm On Jun 13, 2013
babyosisi:

You have spoken more on the unhappiness in polygamy
Would you prefer a monogamous home or a polygamous home with just the 3 happy wives ?

I prefer the polygamous home with the 3 happy wives as they were as a child. But for me, I can't practise polygamy because I do not have that skill to make two women happy at the same time without jeopardising the interest of the other. There will always be preference. However, my dad was able to do that for the first three wives before he met his waterloo.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Not up to what today? It won't be up to five minutes before your next useless snide remark or name calling towards people not even participating in a thread. What a pretender, trying to assume the posture of the victim. You should have thought you were not up to it when you were running your mouth continuously calling people names.

@ Sisi, you have to pay a fine to those old hags. They have more joy in their lives by leaps and bounds. No basis for comparison.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by princessmoi: 5:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
I am yet to see one. I don't admire men that do it and if i were to be a man, seriously i will marry one wife and live a peaceful and happy life.

I will not advice any man to marry more than one wife.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2013
The first husband is about to die of obesity
The second looks like he is in a straight jacket
The third looks like a kwashiorkor patient in the midst of angry females grin

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 5:23pm On Jun 13, 2013
slimyem: I have never seen one. Most of the happiness they front is pretentious. No woman likes to share in truth.

Polygamy is so not the way to go. Anyone who has had a personal experience whether as a child, or parent will never advocate it.
The competition never ends both between the mothers and the children. Nothing is healthy about it.

The men themselves often regret it after a while but ego won't let them mouth it. The place of money is very different in this case.

thank you, its all about pretence, not REAL HAPPINESS.

Even among the children, its in most case, all about pretence.
May God deliver us from deception.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 13, 2013
bellong:

I prefer the polygamous home with the 3 happy wives as they were as a child. But for me, I can't practise polygamy because I do not have that skill to make two women happy at the same time without jeopardising the interest of the other. There will always be preference. However, my dad was able to do that for the first three wives before he met his waterloo.

That is your true preference right there
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Jun 13, 2013
greatgod2012:

thank you, its all about pretence, not REAL HAPPINESS.

Even among the children, its in most case, all about pretence.
May God deliver us from deception.

I cannot vouch for them, same way you can't prove that happiness lacked in these homes......But If going by what I saw, I saw real happiness in that home.

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 5:29pm On Jun 13, 2013
bellong:

I prefer the polygamous home with the 3 happy wives as they were as a child. But for me, I can't practise polygamy [/b]because I do not have that skill to make two women happy at the same time without jeopardising the interest of the other.[/b] There will always be preference. However, my dad was able to do that for the first three wives before he met his waterloo.

marrying 2 wives is not advisable....
marry one or more than two. besides, there are plenty of men with multiple-wives management skills. if you can't manage 3 wives, how would you manage a conglomerate or a country?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:
thank you, jenny!

Their own siblings tried to bring problem after the man died but for where?? The daughters and my eldest sister attended same school
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by greatgod2012(f): 5:33pm On Jun 13, 2013
@jenny, believe me, there cant be real happiness and sincere good wishes from all the wives towards one another and even, it will extend to their children too.
Each of the wives would want their own children to be the one that will be more successful than other children from other wives. Its natural, its real, its the truth. Remember we are all human and we are all naturally selfish, sometimes, we may not know that we are selfish, but because its natural, we do some silly things unconsciously sometimes.
Once again.May God deliver us from deception.

3 Likes

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jun 13, 2013
Offtopic

Hubby is trying to convince me to travel to the states with him for vac. Osisi and sisi, which state is the best to visit?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by slimyem: 5:36pm On Jun 13, 2013
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by biolabee(m): 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
Woman I will never be a victim and moreso to the likes of you

Since you are the omniscient tome of grammar.. Be content with your crown #forumcopz

As for christening others' posts stewpid, if it satisfies an inner longing to be superior then be fulfilled tongue

Thank God my joy is not in the hand of you or your ilk
#corroded tingods

Sorry for the derailment

ileobatojo: xxxxx
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by slimyem: 5:37pm On Jun 13, 2013
jennykadry:

I cannot vouch for them, same way you can't prove that happiness lacked in these homes......But If going by what I saw, I saw real happiness in that home.
You saw only what they wanted you to see.
You didn't live with them,you didn't see their hearts,they shared neither their regrets nor fears with you. What you saw was masks.cool
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by princessmoi: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
Maryland smiley

jennykadry: Offtopic

Hubby is trying to convince me to travel to the states with him for vac. Osisi and sisi, which state is the best to visit?
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 13, 2013
slimyem: You saw only what they wanted you to see.
You didn't live with them,you didn't see their hearts,they shared neither their regrets nor fears with you. What you saw was a mask.cool

Like I said,I haven't got proof but have you.........? I don't know if it was an ACT but I have never seen a more peaceful polygamous home. Still close even after these years

@

I don't believe in polygamy but that family after so many years later are still close and the women still love together. Someone mentioned religion, it has a strong part to play. some of us are Christians and don't believe in polygamy, some are Muslims and polygamy is perfectly fine with them. They were groomed and conditioned to believe in and accept polygamy.
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 13, 2013
princessmoi:
Maryland smiley

kiss kiss kiss aww baby girl, long time. Howdy? wink wink
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by princessmoi: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2013
smileyI know right, I miss you plenty. I'm doing great. How have you been?

Sending you much more kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
jennykadry:

kiss kiss kiss aww baby girl, long time. Howdy? wink wink
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by coogar: 5:44pm On Jun 13, 2013

florida, hawaii, california
osisi + sisi might try to convince you to go to chicago, winsconsin or arkansas. don't listen to them o! grin

1 Like

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jun 13, 2013

Just you and hubby eh kwa or the kids coming along

[size=18pt]If na just you and hubby please go to Vegas !![/size]

With kids Disneyland in Cali or Disney world in Orlando if they are little,they will love you and never forget it!!!

With older kids please hit the big apple,NY city!!
Time square, a must!!!
You will enjoy it

Every person has to be at Times Square at night once in their life time
The excitement is better than SE.x grin
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by princessmoi: 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2013
babyosisi:

Just you and hubby eh kwa or the kids coming along

[size=18pt]If na just you and hubby please go to Vegas !![/size]

With kids Disneyland or disneyworld if they are little

With older kids please hot the big apple,NY city!!
Time square.,a must!!!
You will all enjoy it

Every person has to be at Times Square once in their life
The excitement is better than SE.x

LOL @the bolded grin grin
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by SisiKill1: 5:52pm On Jun 13, 2013
coogar:

florida, hawaii, california
osisi + sisi might try to convince you to go to chicago, winsconsin or arkansas. don't listen to them o! grin

Bwahahahahahaha! I was gonna say California, Chicago, Florida or Vegas.

Jenny, for maximum fun, i'll go with Vegas. ..get a nice hotel on the strip and honestly it full fun ahead. You can also see the sights on the Arizona side like the grand Canyon and Cali if just 45 mins away (by air...tickets as cheap as 40 bucks if you plan ahead. Basically with Vegas you don't have to worry about not having fun and if you are like me, you don't want to depend on someone else to plan your fun or having to wait on someone to come back from work before going somewhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Increasing Suicide — Be Careful What Your Children Consume / What Is Your Greatest Regret In Life? / How Can 5k Be Managed In A Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.