Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,673 members, 7,955,476 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:57 AM

Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? (19596 Views)

A Polygamous home Or A Single Parent Home? / Ladies, Would You Consider Marrying Into A Polygamous Family? / Polygamous Home !what Impact Does It Make In The Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 14, 2017
Visit this thread to read interesting submissions on matters arising in polygyny, like: Is it advisable for the first and second wife to live together? ; should a man that is not capable of fulfilling the sexual needs of the first wife take a second wife?
https://www.nairaland.com/4112695/polygyny-should-live-second-wife#61411074
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by HeavenlyCherub(f): 1:36am On Jan 02
coogar:

there are happy polygamous homes.....
it's only when there's no money you see strife and raw anger. i used to have an asian boss with 4 wives. the wives work as a team with mutual respect. they even go camping with the kids of the other wives for days!

They are no happy polygamous homes. Even with money. I come from a wealthy one- i can tell you that for free
Re: Is There A Happy Polygamous Home? by onumadu: 5:11am On Jan 02
HeavenlyCherub:

They are no happy polygamous homes. Even with money. I come from a wealthy one- i can tell you that for free

There are no happy monogamous homes either if we follow your type of thinking, which is a gross hyperbole.
In a certain family in my village there were four male siblings.
The first male (first born male) married three wives.
You know in the olden days, the age gap between siblings was wide, like 5 years, 6, 7 years gap etc due to long period that women nursed in the olden days.
Cut a long story short, the first man had already married his third wife before his next junior brother married his only wife, and then the remaining two brothers also married one wife each in turn.
That large family was at peace during all the years before the next sibling married his only wife ... and then trouble started!
Since that time till today, there has not been consistent peace in that large family.
And trouble ALWAYS starts from the monogamous families.
And guess what? The only family that unites and brings peace and stability to the large family are children of the first son who are half siblings.
All the other monogamous families are embroiled in one sibling rivalry or the other.
Each monogamously married woman there wants to lord it over all the others. And conflict persists as a result.
And guess what again? The only women with level heads in that extended family are the wives of the first male married polygamously.
They NEVER initiate or sustain any wahala. They always preach peace there!
This made ME to believe that God did not intend for IGBO some women at least to be monogamously married.
Some of them need rivalry built into their marriage in order to develop the level head needed for peaceful co-existence in a large family.
What we have these days is for a family to be at peace until the male siblings start marrying, monogamously of course, in Igboland at least, and then HELL is let lose by women! Each wants to drag her husband into hole far far away from his brothers and sisters.
They AUTOMATICALLY see anyone outside of that nuclear family as rival. And then their male children start seeing one another as rivals!
And if she doesn't get enough wahala, she starts attacking the house help. And if she doesn't have a house help, she turns to her husband for her dose of wahala. Only very strong men withstand them. That is why divorce is higher among them than in polygamous marriages.
Methinks that the unhealthy wife and sibling rivalry created by monogamous marriages (at least in Igboland) is far more dangerous than anything polygamous marriages can produce.
And I speak from experience, too.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) / My Wife Lied To Me About Her Age / Any Man Who Says He Loves His Mother More Than His Wife Is Ignorant-nigerian Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.