Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,359 members, 7,954,465 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family (27350 Views)

Homosexuality And Visa / Let's Talk About Marriage(homosexuality,polygamy And Others) / 7 Scientific Facts About Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On Society (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by nekaa(f): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
Doing what's right should always come first n nt what makes u happy....

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by mesther96(f): 12:09pm On Jun 15, 2013
jidegirl12:

Tgirl, I presumed you have never met a gay in your life. Because if you
do and they open up for you, you will understand it's what they
can't help
and NOT choice smiley..... So you want to argue based on
Reproductive organs?

Go on I'm all eyes .

so if u cnt help stealing,u shud ? if u cnt help adultery,u shud? u r definitely gay 4 saying diz

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Capnd143(m): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
And britain is busy treatening to cut aid to us if we dnt accept gay marriage. Bleep them
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Policewoman(f): 12:11pm On Jun 15, 2013
Everybody knows Homesexualism does nobody any good. Next topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by churific(m): 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
"Homosexuality will kill the family system if not checked."

Nonsense. What family unit? What about fornication? Adultery? Divorce? Polygamy? I'm pretty sure those also kill the family "unit." Should we also criminalize those?

The list can go on forever...I'm definitely not in support, but there's no crime. Unfortunately.

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jun 15, 2013
I repeat, if a nigga shakes his asss here I'll break his legs with extreme prejudice.. And if you're on Nairaland, I'll find you angry

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Hunkyimage(m): 12:14pm On Jun 15, 2013
jidegirl12: Are you Bullying them now because it doesn't seem right to you and your beliefs? Do you really know what effect this thread can cause for gays out there?? Suicide attempt maybe?

Why can't you live and let others live Nigerians?? I tire oh.

Is she a lez? (thinkin' out loud)

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 15, 2013
Abeg o,make them give me power,I will fish all d homosexual in nigerian out within months. They want to adopt someone,s child abi?

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by ocheejemb: 12:16pm On Jun 15, 2013
"
Research has shown that kids raised by homosexual parents encounter more problems than those raised by heterosexual parents.
"

What false research is this? How many people have actually been raised up by same sex parents, compared to those of regular parentage?

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by free2ryhme: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
jidegirl12: Are you Bullying them now because it doesn't seem right to you and your beliefs? Do you really know what effect this thread can cause for gays out there?? Suicide attempt maybe?

Why can't you live and let others live Nigerians?? I tire oh.

how can we accept such a heinous desire in our culture ... whether beliefs or no beliefs .. what is not right is not right ? even those in authorities in other countries that approve of these dastardly act are married with children ... we would never accept sodomy as normal it is a crime against the human race and civilization
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 15, 2013
Stay off Homosexuality it is demonic and in human. Pls join hands to say No to homosexuality because it is not of this world but from d underworld.

That's my own oo Op pls join d fight
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by duni04(m): 12:20pm On Jun 15, 2013
I believe homosexuality is a part of natural human evolution. I think the OP's opinion about the effect of homosexuality on family is blinded by her homophobia. From the OP's tone, she has cynically suggested that millions of homosexuals world over are just homosexuals by choice and prefer same-sex partners to normal heterosexual partners. Has the OP met any homosexual person before? Are you totally sure that sexual orientation is by choice and not natural? I believe the OP's opinion about homosexuality and family will change when she answers these questions. From a pragmatic perspective, isn't homosexuality even helping to curb excessive population growth and provide families for abandoned children, products of heterosexual relationships, through adoption? I'd really like to see who conducted the research the OP quoted in her write-up. Its just our usual third world mentality at work here. We're always slow to catch-on in almost everything. What the white man has seen sitting down, we here on the dark continent cannot see even while at the peak of our jungle trees. As usual just give us a couple of decades, maybe two or more, and we'll catch on.

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:22pm On Jun 15, 2013
duni04: I believe homosexuality is a part of natural human evolution. I think the OP's opinion about the effect of homosexuality on family is blinded by her homophobia. From the OP's tone, she has cynically suggested that millions of homosexuals world over are just homosexuals by choice and prefer same-sex partners to normal heterosexual partners. Has the OP met any homosexual person before? Are you totally sure that sexual orientation is by choice and not natural? I believe the OP's opinion about homosexuality and family will change when she answers these questions. From a pragmatic perspective, isn't homosexuality even helping to curb excessive population growth and provide families for abandoned children, products of heterosexual relationships, through adoption? I'd really like to see who conducted the research the OP quoted in her write-up. Its just our usual third world mentality at work here. We're always slow to catch-on in almost everything. What the white man has seen sitting down, we here on the dark continent cannot see even while at the peak of our jungle trees. As usual just give us a couple of decades, maybe two or more, and we'll catch on.
ultra gay

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:23pm On Jun 15, 2013
sheyie2007: All of you that are in support of homosexuals, ori gbogbo yin ti daru angry

are you a closet homosexual? you seem to be very defensive

4 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Afam4eva(m): 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Homosexuality, whether right or wrong is an act between two adults and we shouldn't be questioning what adults do in private. It's when they bring their fvcking to the public place that it becomes a problem. The only problem i have with it is that, the baby that they end of adopting didn't have the opportunity to choose to live with a gay couple. So, the society would be infringing on their rights.

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jun 15, 2013
Hunkyimage:
Is she a lez? (thinkin' out loud)

Believing everybody should have the right to live their lives the way they please doesn't make one a 'lez', I totally agree with her.
Hope I've answered your DUMB thoughts

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by WaleFolarin: 12:28pm On Jun 15, 2013
say no to homorism
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Hunkyimage(m): 12:32pm On Jun 15, 2013
Amaaskia:

Believing everybody should have the right to live their lives the way they please doesn't make one a 'lez', I totally agree with her.
Hope I've answered your DUMB thoughts

Iz dis one also one of 'em? (Still thinkin' out loud)

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by 4Play(m): 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
I always wonder about people who say that homosexuality will spread if unchecked as it implies that sexual preference is easily changeable if influenced. Does it mean that these people will turn homosexual if they are influenced?

In Western countries where homosexuality is relatively tolerated, there is no evidence of an increase in homosexuality. Homosexuality remains a minor sexual preference and will remain so.

For Nigeria, gay s-ex has been criminalised and gay marriages illegal since before independence. Our current obsession with it as manifested in recent legislative measures is a strange case of misplaced priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
first of all, when debating a general topic like homosexuality that affects the people generally, it should not be based on religious proof, since many people do not share the same religion and beliefs.

You also did not mention that most homosexuals were raised by heterosexual parents. I also wonder why someone (Homosexuals) would choose a life of pain, discrimination and rejection by their given society

And because we are privilege (since the Nigerian society makes us to think so) to be heterosexual does not confer the right to us to abuse and restrict their right.

The issue of homosexuality might be due to the fact that majority of the population are heterosexual, although I might be wrong, but the cruel law of a given society makes them conceal their sexual orientation thus, making straight and gay statistics impossible.

The Human sexuality is a rigid one, and one need to have a fundamental knowledge about them before judging from your own narrow perspective if it is to be acceptable or not. check this link below.

http://www.apa.org/helpcenter/sexual-orientation.aspx

Many celebrities has publicly revealed that they are homosexual, a notable one would be Mark Feehily of westlife band in 2005. Its not a choice thing, its what they really are. I have a gay friend back then in Nigeria that always cry to me attempting suicide because he really dont know why he was gay and has no iota of feeling for any woman.

Homosexuals causes no harm to our society, at least not compare to rape. And if two matured adult consent to have A.nal sex together, is not our business.

Whether we like it or not, homos will always exist within us, and will practice their act legal or illegally.

5 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:33pm On Jun 15, 2013
Tgirl4real:

What happens to our family system if we continue to encourage homosexuality?

Research has shown that kids raised by homosexual parents encounter more problems than those raised by heterosexual parents.

What happens to the family system if we continue to encourage polygamy? what happens to the family system if a 50 year

old man is still allowed to marry a 13 girl in Nigeria? What happens to the family system when the husband and wife are

cheating on each other? What happens to the family system if the rate of divorce continues to increase? These are the

real questions if you are really worried about family system. Maybe you are confused...homosexual kids are born and

raised by heterosexual parents but they still turned out homosexual so what research are you talking about?

7 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
Cori_corde: Let's try to be open-minded and understand homosexuality. One doesn't choose to be homosexual, they just are, just like one doesn't choose to be hetero or bisexual. I mean, there's no 'gay gene' is there?

Besides, is it not heterosexual people that keep having homosexual children?

Who knows? It could be God's way of controlling population. With the rate at which the world's population is growing now, we could use a couple of gay people.

What do you mean by nobody choose to be gay,is it homosexuality encoded in their gene ? I refuse to believe that as an excuse until it's proven that homosexuality is as a result of gene mutation of these victims.Nature has a way of balancing itself:people die everyday of natural disasters and new ones are born.Homosexuality will rather cause an imbalance in the process !
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by folakukltd: 12:34pm On Jun 15, 2013
@Jide12
Was the society not functioning before highlighting this issue of human rights for the homosexual, The world continues to head towards self annihilation/destruction by encouraging gays and homosexuality for the sake of human rights, does your creator not deserve its own rights and the society by and large, to choose freely what they deem right to safeguard and secure the future of our children and our society. The devil is truly at play here and taking control of every human faculty.
We probably have maybe 2 to 5% at most of the society who are practicing homosexuality. With any support of this law, the population will increase with the encouragement of the law and every other male at the workplace will be infatuated with other men, gay or straight, and the role of the women and men relationship with each other will become blurred, in other words a confusing and confused world. it is our choice!!! In

1 Like

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Sanboy25: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2013
nekaa: Doing what's right should always come first n nt what makes u happy....
undecided
Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 15, 2013
sheyie2007: your papa na homo

dont get mad at me...you just seem so aggressive in your attack on homosexual....often times those kinda people are closet homosexuals.....if you are not just say you not or else am going to have to assume you are homosexual....

3 Likes

Re: Homosexuality And Its Adverse Effects On The Family by Horus(m): 12:38pm On Jun 15, 2013
A man should not be intimidated by a gay or a lesbian. By that I mean, those people who set out to preach “fire and brimstone,” the beating and harassing of homosexuals and lesbians, in most cases are people that fear for a dormant personality that might come forth from themselves.
If you are sure about your manhood or womanhood, then you should have no fear of socializing or befriending a person with different intimate preferences than you. The very fear is a confession that if you were to socialize with a gay or lesbian you’re afraid you might become a gay or a lesbian.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Help: My Younger Brother Disrespects Me Alot / Pregnant Wife Pranks Husband That Her Water Broke / 13 Things Every Young Person Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.