Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,461 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59644 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by DrummaBoy(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Watch this videoclip, it explains the church's position on what is the fundamental principles of the Kingdom life of faith.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK4V0kKtxqo

Doctrines of men or better still doctrines of Kumuyi which is equal to Self imposed worship and false humility

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
DrummaBoy:

Doctrines of men or better still doctrines of Kumuyi which is equal to Self imposed worship and false humility

The doctrines of Kumuyi are the doctrines of the Bible and not the traditions of men.

Daily Manna

The Jezebels Are Judged

TEXT: Isaiah 3:13-26

"Therefore the Lord will strike with a scab, The crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, And the LORD will discover their secret parts" (Isaiah 3:17)

From the outset, Israel was to be a privileged nation, governed by God Himself. Yet at this time, theocracy, the rule of God had been jettisoned and Israel became the worse for it. Under the reign of Uzziah, luxury had become an object of fascination, while the people, particularly the women, revelled in pride, arrogance and indulgent lifestyle. The vanity boxes of the ladies carried all sorts of cosmetics and make-ups. Assorted jewellery, earrings, nose rings and chains (leg chains, inclusive) were employed for fashion painting of the eyelids and casting special gaze on men were common. The girls mastered special styles of walking. In effect, the women concentrated on the outward appearance rather than on soul-lifting virtues. They had perfected the lifestyle of Jezebel whose name connotes worldliness and idolatory. She was always associated with evil and seduction (2 Kings 21:25; Revelation 2:20-23).

The poor, the rich and the famous in this generation imitate the proud women portrayed in the text. There is a fierce competition to outdo one another in the latest fashion. They deck themselves in flamboyant wears. They must have special gaits to be acclaimed modern. And the men too are not left out. The so-called "punks" dye their hair in multifarious colours. All these are done to the detriment of the inner man. Some apply bleaches on their natural skin. Outward beauty is cheap, being purchased with silver and gold but the beauty of the spirit is however, far more precious; it is obtainable from the Lord.

"Favour is deceitful and beauty is vain: but a woman that fears the Lord, she shall be praised" (Proverb 31:30). What is the Lord's response to those who are unwilling to change? He allows degradation to set in. Such women are abased (vs. 17,24). Their men are defeated and their city left desolate. Let's possess a meek and quiet spirit (1 Peter 3:1-6). Walbery said: "A plain face is often surprisingly beautiful by reason of an inner light". Do you agree?

Thought for the day: "Beauty is only skin deep"

For Details . . .
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by shdemidemi(m): 6:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

The doctrines of Kumuyi are the doctrines of the Bible and not the traditions of men.
Doctrines of bondage according to the old testament- You need to stop leaving in the past, God's programme changed. In this church age the scripture says

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we all, who with unveiled faces contemplate[a] the Lord’s glory, are being transformed into his image with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit

Take the veil out mate.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Hero worshipper !

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Pygru: 12:53pm On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel: (Matthew 15:9).

and from among your own selves will arise men speaking twisted things, to draw away the disciples after them - Acts 20:30
This verse ^^ describes who you are!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
Pygru:
This verse ^^ describes who you are!

But I have no disciples, no personal church or even fellowship .

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Pygru: 1:32pm On Jun 22, 2013
frosbel:

But I have no disciples, no personal church or even fellowship .

smiley
lie! You have a few disciples on nairaland.
-----------------------------------
I almost even turn your disciple for nairaland but God no allow!
Hell fire is real!!!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 3:28am On Jul 03, 2013
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bsjay(m): 7:15pm On Dec 18, 2014
SpicyMimi:
I know too much of anything is bad, and ve also accepted that wearing of Trousers is an abomination to God.
But i really need the pastors in the house to address this issue concerning Make-ups! All i want here is the truth about it, i dont care how bitter it might sound to me...am ready to accept the truth.
Is the Bible against too much of wearing of Make-ups?
What about when the Make-up is just little and mild? Is it still a sin?
Or is it better not to wear one at all?
And 2ndly, do u think fixing of attachements is a sin too? Cause honestly i have a scanty long hair, and it usually looks unkempt when am without weavon or attachements.

Please i need answers.
Dear sis. You said it well. Too much of everything is not good! Again, don't ask what the bible says but the Will of God concerning anything you do. Paul, one of the writers of the bible said; "for we know in parts but when that which is perfect is come, that which is in parts shall be done away with". Pastors will tell you based on their own knowledge and beliefs far from the Will of God. They are humans like you and posses nothing special that you don't have.
To start with, in whatever you are doing, you are judged based on your intentions behind it. Womanhood is a crown of beauty and honour, and that beauty and honour are to be furthered like everything else in Creation but let MODESTY be your watch word. If you make yourself up, wear weavons with the intention of seducing men, you are judged already but making up to further the beauty of womanhood, you even receive a blessing with that pure motives!
In terms of women wearing trousers, it is wrong but never a sin against God. Moreover, we don't really sin against God, whatever we do, we do it to ourselves and for ourselves cos what you sow is what you reap.
No one out there from any religion knows why we have gays and lesbians in the world. According to the Spiritual Laws, everything we think, speak and do take on forms spiritually in accordance with their nature. If a woman wears that which belongs to a man, think like a man, act like a man, those acts are stamping on her soul spiritually and when she dies and opportunity is granted her to re-incarnate, she's going to be born as a man and naturally, such a man will have feelings for his fellow man cos his spiritual core is of a woman. Such is applicable to men who act and think like women and such people already proved themselves useless in Creation and anything that's useless in Creation is to be swept into outer darkness at the Last Judgement. For this reason it is Warned, woman think, act and dress as a woman, likewise men!
Be it the love for sex, food, drink, etc. Do not let them become a propensity because they are earthly. And, if you allow them become a propensity which you cannot do without, they tie your soul to the earth where you can never ascend to the kingdom of God. And anything earthly which ties your soul down must surely drag you into the Abyss. The only thing which enables the spirit of man to ascend after physical death is Pure Love for God's creatures, not only humans, and the Creation as a whole. This Pure and Genuine Love enables him to forgive anyone who offends him and give to those who ask of him.
Furthermore, the Ray of Divine Love can only find Its way to him that has absorbed the Ray of Purity!
These I learned from the Knowledge I acquired from the Grail Message. You too can examine the Grail Message so you can at last free yourself from all morbid beliefs and dogmatism which enslaves the human spirits, so that you can stand firmly, securely and unshakeable in the Creation of your God.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bsjay(m): 7:48pm On Dec 18, 2014
bukatyne:

Dear OP,

Remember that salvation is personal and a relationship with God.
God told me not to put on trousers anymore in a dream. If it's general or specific to me, I truly can't say but I am learning to still look good in skirts (it's not easy o!). I really have not seen anywhere in the Bible that talks against trousers sha.

AS for the make up/extension stuff, I believe it's also personal. There is no Bible verse I can genuinely say discourages make up in totality. Excess, yes because as Christians, we are to do everything in moderation but outright makeup, I don't know.

it is best you pray to God to let you know if He wants you to use make ups/ hair extensions or not.

God bless

My dear, why are you blaspheming? God told you in your dream? That means you saw God in your dream? Are you of the same substantiality with God that He would reveal Himself to you in your false dream? What are all these chaos for? Do you know that even the Archangels Who are of Divine Substantiality cannot look upon the countenance of God? How much more of a poor wretched human being who is not even of a Primordial Spiritual Substantiality but of a mere Spirit seed claiming to see God? Why are you belittling God? Do you know that the nearness of God alone would melt the whole world of Matter away? And that it was for this reason Jesus had to be born as a human being? Christians! Eeeeeeeeeehh...
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bsjay(m): 8:02pm On Dec 18, 2014
Richy4:

I just want to ask you Are Nigerians gonner appear on the same judgement seat with the white or do we have our separate judgment seat? if so then all white ladies will go to hell because they all put on trouser.

Just imagin yourself going to a deeper life member or mountain of fire for a dress code. what do you expect them to tell you. You mention Baba Adeboye's wife that she does not put on ear ring. have you ever taken time to ask her if it was her choice or not?
Referring her to those churches means putting her in total confusion! Churches practicing the will of men! What makes you people think that the Will of God is same with the will of men? You want to keep your natural hair as God created you, abi? Why don't you go naked as God created you and live in a bush in order to fulfil that naturalness? "lafs...." "My people perish for lack of knowledge"
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by handsomebolanle: 11:42pm On Dec 18, 2014
[quote author=frosbel post=16289322][/quote]
That's all I have to say^^
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bukatyne(f): 11:52am On Dec 19, 2014
bsjay:

My dear, why are you blaspheming? God told you in your dream? That means you saw God in your dream? Are you of the same substantiality with God that He would reveal Himself to you in your false dream? What are all these chaos for? Do you know that even the Archangels Who are of Divine Substantiality cannot look upon the countenance of God? How much more of a poor wretched human being who is not even of a Primordial Spiritual Substantiality but of a mere Spirit seed claiming to see God? Why are you belittling God? Do you know that the nearness of God alone would melt the whole world of Matter away? And that it was for this reason Jesus had to be born as a human being? Christians! Eeeeeeeeeehh...

Excuse me?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2014
Wearing trousers?? It's a personal conviction, I can put it on inside my house if I want bt the fact is that there are so many interpretations about that,ask God to guide u if u're nt satisfied with the responses here.
2)make ups..... I'm even hanging on this,why exactly do we need the make-up if we appreciate our natural beauty?
3)attachment..... Another personal conviction,simply there are too many ideas on these that may or may not be right.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by bsjay(m): 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2014
bukatyne:

Excuse me?

You heard me right! If you know your point of origin in Creation and purpose of being here on earth you would be so afraid to utter what you uttered. Jesus confirmed in Luke that no one has ever heard God's voice nor seen His shape! Very soon everyone will know the Truth.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by mandee8223: 10:07am On Oct 20, 2015
There r men's skirts and there r female skirts, there r men's trousers and there r female trousers, just like there r male shirts and female shirts. There r clear cut distinctintions in these attires. As a born again christian, I dress decently to look good for my creator, he gives me revelations on what I'm to do thru dreams. He watches d heart and pays no attention to ur outward appearances. He wld have revealed if wearing trousers were wrong, or make up. Bible talked about adorning urself. Kings were annointed, wore fine robes and golden jewelries like rings in d days of old and God appeared to them daily. He never left d important matters for trivial issues. If a woman wears her husband trouser or shirt is d sin, not wen she wears hers. That's my understanding, may God help us to b pure in heart and hands. Who can come up to d holy mountain of God, who can stand in His holy place? Its d man with clean hands and a pure heart" shikena! That's d bible standpoint, let's stop chasing shadows, I must do shakara for my God, he gives me beauty in place of ashes. What's ur reason for doing d things u do? To attract men or to look decent and beautiful for ur God, when u can answer this sincerely then u can know if its a sin or not! Shalom
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by khaydel: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2017
I had several dreams from God. I am a white woman and live in America and wore very modest makeup. I was reborn from above last September and almost immediately started receiving teachings from the Holy Spirit through dreams.

God revealed to me in several dreams that I was not to wear makeup or color my hair. This took several dreams for me to understand. The Lord used imagery to show it as unholy. In my last dream about my hair, I was looking in a mirror at brown colored hair (it appeared artificially sprayed so that I could see that it was colored and I could see gray hair peeking through the color) and after looking in a mirror, I walked out into a lobby in the dream and was without any clothes. Being naked in the bible is often used by Jesus to describe sin and shame. It is even mentioned in Revelation to the church of Laodicea.

In another dream, I was in a church moving my makeup brushes from the front of church to the back of church. The holy spirit then drew my eyes to a portable bathroom outside where a young man and woman were coming out of it together. God was showing this as "unclean". He gave me similar dreams such as this one. He often uses Old testament imagery in my dreams to get a message across. In another dream, I heard myself telling someone that I would color my hair soon and put makeup on. As I said this, I looked down and saw that I had no pants or underwear on in the dream. Another dream about unclothedness (shame and sin).

God has asked us to come out of the world and not conform. No matter how we try to justify, women all around the world are glorifying their flesh and enhancing HIS creation. We should wear clothes, brush our teeth and brush our hair, but we don't need to wear these other things. Can we say that these inventions come from the Mind of Christ... to wear a weave, color our hair. These things focus on appearance, which is what Lucifer does and no matter how we justify, it comes from vanity and pride. We want to be more attractive, more presentable to the world, or others. We are supposed to reckon ourselves dead to the world. We were crucified with Christ and are now called to live only for Christ. Will a heart that is right with God want to do these things? I am married and my husband would prefer that I color my hair. Despite this, God has still guided me to stop. These revelations have been hard for me, as I am sure it will be for many of you. God wants us Holy and chaste. Please take this to Him in prayer and find out for yourself. These are the revelations he has given to me.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Rosemary001: 2:19pm On Jan 14, 2019
It is high time we came out of doctines and traditions of men
God himself takes delight in our outward appearance, he always wants us to be exceedingly beautiful (Ezekiel 16:13a& b), God derived joy in decking his people with Jewel's of gold and silver.....but at the end of the day Ahola(Samaria) and Aholiba(Jerusalem) turned that which God has used to beautify them into images which they bowed to, and they turned the beauty God has given them into whoredom, killings & fornication according to vs 17,19,21,25,26,28,38...
Also God commanded the people of Isreal to go and borrow from their neighbor's jewels of gold and silver and they should use it to decorate their sons and daughters according to Exodus 11:2, 3:22..........
So if God had seen seen beautifying your outward appearance as a sin he would not have put jewels of gold and silver upon us, and even commanded us to get from the Egyptians...... so therefore God is expecting us to value and appreciate his creation, by beautifying ourselves......but mind us, we should never turn anything we use into gods, and never value them above God,
Hadn't been beautifying ourselves is sin the book of Ezekiel16:19 records that ,"these people God beautified did not only furnicate, did not only perform whoredom, did not only slain their children, did not only turn their jewels into gods but they also used the fine flour, oil, and honey to serve their small gods.....does that now mean that we using oil, honey, and flour to make our Chin chins, cakes, bread, has now become sin? ....even when flour was used to make leavened and unleavened bread unto God then, ....even Jesus Christ used bread to feed the 5000 men, in which flour has been used to serve these idols then...so how come its the use of jewel's that's a sin and not oil, honey and flour.

So also concerning braided hair or whatsoever I peter 3:3(AMP) says,"whose adornment is not merely external adorning....." I.e you should not only be concerned about your outward looks alone, but you should also possess inner beauty......So it is not as if the beautification of oneself that is crime, but its when you lack inner beauty as explained further as good character, meekness and submission......haven't you come to think of it that If outward beautification was a sin before God he would not have commanded the istrealites to go and borrow of the Egyptian jewels of gold and of silver or even himself clothe us with them as recorded in all the passages below.......So in summary, everything you do should be to the glory of God and not to devil.

Furthermore, as regards to (I John 2:15-16) which Say's
Vs15KJV:Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Vs16(KJV):For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world
Vs16(AMP):For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life [assurance in one’s own resources or in the stability of earthly things]—these do not come from the Father but are from the world [itself]..
From the above passage, the thing of the world was listed as;
I) Lust of the flesh(sensual gratification) which are pushes or urges that are not birthed by the spirit of God in us, but are just limited to what the carnal flesh wants which may include pornographies, formication, adultery, stealing e.t.c, but lust of the flesh was never in anyway related to glorifying God in your physical appearances.....
So it is until you value your appearances than God or you're not moderate in anything you do that you are now a sinner/a candidate of the lust of the flesh.
II) List of the eyes( which may include covetousness, chasing after another mans wife e.t.c)
III) Pride of life( which include assurance in one's own resources, business, riches, wealth e.t.c) without knowing that your assurance over theses things should be in God...
For instance, as I am now, I don't trust anybody or anything, but I'll always say I trust God in peoples life, i trust God in my business.....such that by his grace he'll not let allow my business never to crash land not minding how stable the business is, also such that I trust God in so so persons life, that he'll not disappoint me e.t.c.

SO IT IS HIGH TIME WE STOP MISQUOTING THE SCIPTURES.
THANKS AND GOD BLESS US ALL AS WE DIGEST THE VERSES BELOW.

Exodus 3:22
KJV:But every woman shall borrow of her neighbour, and of her that sojourneth in her house, jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment: and ye shall put them upon your sons, and upon your daughters; and ye shall spoil the Egyptians
Exodus 11:2
KJV:Speak now in the ears of the people, and let every man borrow of his neighbour, and every woman of her neighbour, jewels of silver and jewels of gold.
Exodus 12: 35
KJV:And the children of Israel did according to the word of Moses; and they borrowed of the Egyptians jewels of silver, and jewels of gold, and raiment:
Ezekiel 16:6-26, majorly vs 13
KJV:And when I passed by thee, and saw thee polluted in thine own blood, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live; yea, I said unto thee when thou wast in thy blood, Live.
Vs7
KJV:I have caused thee to multiply as the bud of the field, and thou hast increased and waxen great, and thou art come to excellent ornaments: thy breasts are fashioned, and thine hair is grown, whereas thou wast naked and bare.
Vs8
KJV:Now when I passed by thee, and looked upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and covered thy unclothedness: yea, I sware unto thee, and entered into a covenant with thee, saith the Lord God, and thou becamest mine.
Vs9
KJV:Then washed I thee with water; yea, I throughly washed away thy blood from thee, and I anointed thee with oil.
Vs10
KJV:I clothed thee also with broidered work, and shod thee with badgers' skin, and I girded thee about with fine linen, and I covered thee with silk.
Vs11
KJV:I decked thee also with ornaments, and I put bracelets upon thy hands, and a chain on thy neck.
Vs12
KJV:And I put a jewel on thy forehead, and earrings in thine ears, and a beautiful crown upon thine head.
Vs13
KJV:Thus wast thou decked with gold and silver; and thy raiment was of fine linen, and silk, and broidered work; thou didst eat fine flour, and honey, and oil: and thou wast exceeding beautiful, and thou didst prosper into a kingdom.
Vs14
KJV:And thy renown went forth among the heathen for thy beauty: for it was perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God.
Vs15
KJV:But thou didst trust in thine own beauty, and playedst the harlot because of thy renown, and pouredst out thy fornications on every one that passed by; his it was.
Vs16
KJV:And of thy garments thou didst take, and deckedst thy high places with divers colours, and playedst the harlot thereupon: the like things shall not come, neither shall it be so.
Vs17
KJV:Thou hast also taken thy fair jewels of my gold and of my silver, which I had given thee, and madest to thyself images of men, and didst commit whoredom with them,
Vs18
KJV:And tookest thy broidered garments, and coveredst them: and thou hast set mine oil and mine incense before them.
Vs19
KJV:My meat also which I gave thee, fine flour, and oil, and honey, wherewith I fed thee, thou hast even set it before them for a sweet savour: and thus it was, saith the Lord God.
Vs20
KJV:Moreover thou hast taken thy sons and thy daughters, whom thou hast borne unto me, and these hast thou sacrificed unto them to be devoured. Is this of thy whoredoms a small matter,

Vs21
KJV:That thou hast slain my children, and delivered them to cause them to pass through the fire for them?
Vs22
KJV:And in all thine abominations and thy whoredoms thou hast not remembered the days of thy youth, when thou wast naked and bare, and wast polluted in thy blood.
Vs23
KJV:And it came to pass after all thy wickedness, (woe, woe unto thee! saith the Lord Godwink
Vs24
KJV:That thou hast also built unto thee an eminent place, and hast made thee an high place in every street.
Vs25
KJV:Thou hast built thy high place at every head of the way, and hast made thy beauty to be abhorred, and hast opened thy feet to every one that passed by, and multiplied thy whoredoms.
Vs26
KJV:Thou hast also committed fornication with the Egyptians thy neighbours, great of flesh; and hast increased thy whoredoms, to provoke me to anger.
I Timothy 2:9
AMP:Also [I desire] that women should adorn themselves modestly and appropriately and sensibly in seemly apparel, not with [elaborate] hair arrangement or gold or pearls or expensive clothing
Vs11
KJV:Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
AMP:Let a woman learn in quietness, in entire submissiveness.
Vs12
KJV:But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
AMP:I allow no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to remain in quietness and keep silence [in religious assemblies].
I peter 3:3
AMP:Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes;
(I John 2:15-16)
Vs15KJV:Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
Vs16(KJV):For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world
Vs16(AMP):For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh [craving for sensual gratification] and the lust of the eyes [greedy longings of the mind] and the pride of life
I peter 3:3
AMP:Let not yours be the [merely] external adorning with [elaborate] interweaving and knotting of the hair, the wearing of jewelry, or changes of clothes;

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Leke Adeboye Thanks Daddy Freeze Over Increase In RCCG Tithes (Photo) / Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.