Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? (59607 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Tattoos / Body Piercings? / What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / What The Bible Say About Sports! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
Chiilove: My sister don't be decieved by any one. If u read ur bible well, u wil get to discover that the first and only woman that applied make up in the bible was Jezeebel, in 2Kings 9:30b "...she painted her eyelid and fixed her hair...". Jezeebel was alwas opposin the prophets, go and read her account. The bible says "anyone who is not for me is against me". Make-up is originated from the pit of hell to destroy souls to hell. My dear, Jesus himself told me to stop plaitin wool, attachment. It has hindered many ladies heaven. God told me this mornin while i was readin my bible, that, he is tired of people troopin to hell. He opend my eyes and i saw ladies, in trousers, weave-on, make-ups in hell. Oh! It's terrible. My dear, as far as heaven is concernd, MINORITY carries the vote! If u are for Christ, be for Christ! No property of the devil shud be found in u. 1Cor10:21. "u can not drink from the Lord's table and the devil's at same time..". Read ur bible and obey God's commands. No pastor can save u but Christ. As for the guy askin where God spoke against trousers in the bible: Deut. 5:22 says "don't wear that which patterneth to a man". Culture can't save us but obeydience to God's commands can.. Heave is more serious than we think. If God can sacrifice and forsake Jesus on the cross wen he was filled wit our sins('cos God's eyes are too holy to behold sin)to forgive us, u can imagine how difficult it is 2 make heaven. But, wit the holy spirit, it's simple. SISTER, IF YOU HEAR FROM GOD, ENQUIRE FR0M HIM DIRECT. Don't ask human beins 'cos they are not the one to judge u on that white thrown judgement day. Men wil mislead u if u keep askn them. Make Jesus ur perfect example. Matt 5:48. God bles u.
What a pity.

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Emmalexico(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2013
To know more pls read exodus 22:1-4 and Isaiah 3:16-24 God bless u..
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
Emmalexico: To know more pls read exodus 22:1-4 and Isaiah 3:16-24 God bless u..

Go and learn what the term CONTEXT means.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by raffite: 2:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
They say sin is not in dressing or makeup but in the heart. But I say to you, watch your heart cos it will ultimately determine your outward appearance. When heart is corrupt and has gone worldly, you will defend whatever it shows on the outside as the true way to appear.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jun 18, 2013
raffite: They say sin is not in dressing or makeup but in the heart. But I say to you, watch your heart cos it will ultimately determine your outward appearance. When heart is corrupt and has gone worldly, you will defend whatever it shows on the outside as the true way to appear.

but there are many sisters who cover from head to toe and still engage in gossip, anger , hate, envy , bitterness, malice etc.

Are these less important sins than dress ?

smiley

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

but there are many sisters who cover from head to toe and still engage in gossip, anger , hate, envy , bitterness, malice etc.

Are these less important sins than dress ?

smiley

Whats your buisness with those ones?

And how does that take away from the fact that one should dress appropriately

Frosbel the rebel leader and the acuser of the brethren.

Sounds familiar to me.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
MostHigh:

Whats your buisness with those ones?

And how does that take away from the fact that one should dress appropriately

Frosbel the rebel leader and the acuser of the brethren.

Sounds familiar to me.

Accusing the brethren , hmmm, it appears it is hypocrites like you who are accusing women of wearing certain types of dress.

Besides, why pay attention on the outside and not the inside , why not ask them to wear Hijab, lol.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean." - Matthew 23:27

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 3:10pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

How can someone listen to you bro, when all you exhibit are the fruits of the flesh , anger and slander ?

Is your anger a lesser sin than this issue of dress ?

"Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools." - Ecclesiastes 7:9

Am not angry with you my erringg friend. Am only kicking against your falsehood. There was a time I was angry but all that stopped since yesterday. Stop living in past. Wake up to the present.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 3:13pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

Accusing the brethren , hmmm, it appears it is hypocrites like you who are accusing women of wearing certain types of dress.

Besides, why pay attention on the outside and not the inside , why not ask them to wear Hijab, lol.

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean." - Matthew 23:27

And who says not to pay attention to the inside?

As usual projecting your thoughts onto another.

So those that wear hijab are what?

Dont offend more sisters with your words

See how you dey reason.

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by alexleo(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2013
raffite: They say sin is not in dressing or makeup but in the heart. But I say to you, watch your heart cos it will ultimately determine your outward appearance. When heart is corrupt and has gone worldly, you will defend whatever it shows on the outside as the true way to appear.

Thanks, thanks and God bless you for this truth.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by rayvn(f): 3:30pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=SpicyMimi]Thanks a lot, i really do appreciate.

Concerning the issue of wearing Trousers, its written in the bible that a Male shall not wear a woman's cloak neither should a Female wear a Man's cloak.

Really i just want to please God, not Men....bt sometimes i feel guilty when i wear Make-ups, bt when its just little....i dont feel any guilt.
Are female trousers for men? No,that's why there are diferences in the one you buy!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by sureway1(m): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2013
my brethren the way to hell is broad(takes many)while the way to heaven is narrow(just few)its a pratical thing check the thread very well and see how many pple liked frosbel 1st comment nd how many liked
ola's 1stcomment
then you'll get the truth.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MrMandilas: 4:09pm On Jun 18, 2013
alexleo:

Now don't rush into conclusion with what this controversial teacher, frosbel told you. Wait for others to make contributions then you pray about it for God's guidance. Don't let him corrupt your mind. Above all things, guard your heart. That's what the bible says. The message God used in speaking to you and you prayed for salvation, he has been against it and heaping all sorts of lies against this truth. God shamed him yesterday with your salvation anD testimony. Pls be careful in accepting whatever he is telling you here. Wait till you hear from many more others. Thanks.
Beware of people like Frosbel, he can lead u to hell
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 4:27pm On Jun 18, 2013
Some comments here range from being funny to being plainly stupid.
Someone spotted the scotts who wear kilts (skirts) and the European ladies that wear trousers as examples and another was quick to point out that we are Africans and so we must dress like Africans. So the suits and ties our "men of God" wear are African attires right? The level of stupidity that abounds here is so so unbelievable!
Whether in a skirt or a pair of trousers, a woman who appears provocative is not properly dressed. Simple!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SailorXY: 4:31pm On Jun 18, 2013
koastar: [b]The bible say men should not wear females cloth and vice versa. In the days of old when this statement was made by Paul, everyone was putting on gown, garments and cloack (I'm sure Paul was putting on a garment when he was making this statement).
There are male gowns and that for females, they are different in shapes and cuttings. So also this day, there are male trousers as well as females trousers-they are different! What Apostle Paul was simply saying is that a male should not put on females trousers and male should not put on females' either. If you take a look at females trousers you will see that their shapes and cuttings are different, which always comes in a curvy shape.
If I see a male putting on a female trouser I will know, same applies for a female putting on a male trouser.

On the issue of attachment, the issue here is what kind of attachment? Some people go against it because of their believe in demonic possession of such attachment. For anything can be possessed by the devil- the food you eat, the water you drink, the cream, the cloths, name it. On the issue of attachment, there is nothing wrong in putting it on but I usually advice females should go for artificial ones rather that the HUMAN HAIR because you don't know what spirit the person that had the hair was possessed of. Artificial is made in the factory just like your cream you use. I will say always pray on whatever you buy before you use them.
May God help us[/b]
Why don't you recognise a male skirt from a female skirt? If you are not lying to yourself *which is the worst thing a man can do to himself* why are you not putting on "male skirts" or "male gowns" or "male blouses" to work and other social gatherings! Surely people will recognise that you are wearing a "male version" without sending you to yaba left. If lipstick & attachments and the kikes are not proper for the male folks, why is it not same with the women?? Provide unbiased answer to these, then we can know where you really stand!!!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Eklektika(m): 4:33pm On Jun 18, 2013
@OP,*just passing*. However,I remember that there was just 1 woman that the Bible records that painted her face and fixed her hair. What did GOD do? Fed her to the dogs. Paints on the face are a sign of a heathen. Anybody that tells you otherwise,no matter his logic,status,claims to 'christian', is a heathen. Any woman that paints and claims to be a 'christian' is a heathen and ear-marked by GOD as dog-meat. You asked for the bitter truth and this is it.
*Still passing*

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Toppiano(m): 4:40pm On Jun 18, 2013
Make up is for making up for what is absent. But people are obsessed about their appearance to the extent of doing the outrageous. Make-up consists of creams (of any kind), powder, lip stick, pancake etc. Applying it modestly is not a sin, but when it is done to lure others to sin then it becomes sin.

Apostle Paul, said and I quote "if meat will make my brother offend I would rather not eat meat". Considering that some people are determined to sin, make-up or not they still fall. However, do not partake in other people's sin.

Modestly used make-up is FINE, but EXCESS OR OBSESSION is not!
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by emorse(m): 4:46pm On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY:
Why don't you recognise a male skirt from a female skirt? If you are not lying to yourself *which is the worst thing a man can do to himself* why are you not putting on "male skirts" or "male gowns" or "male blouses" to work and other social gatherings! Surely people will recognise that you are wearing a "male version" without sending you to yaba left. If lipstick & attachments and the kikes are not proper for the male folks, why is it not same with the women?? Provide unbiased answer to these, then we can know where you really stand!!!
Just want to point out that Niger Delta men tie wrappers and they have never been seen as insane. Ghanaian men too.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 18, 2013
Eklektika: @OP,*just passing*. However,I remember that there was just 1 woman that the Bible records that painted her face and fixed her hair. What did GOD do? Fed her to the dogs. Paints on the face are a sign of a heathen. Anybody that tells you otherwise,no matter his logic,status,claims to 'christian', is a heathen. Any woman that paints and claims to be a 'christian' is a heathen and ear-marked by GOD as dog-meat. You asked for the bitter truth and this is it.
*Still passing*

This is why people like you who do not read their bibles are easily misled and confused.

Why did God feed her to the dogs ? Surely not because of make-up as you religious people would want us to believe .

Let me show you why :

"One day Ahab said to Naboth, "Let me have your vineyard; it is close to my palace, and I want to use the land for a vegetable garden. I will give you a better vineyard for it or, if you prefer, I will pay you a fair place..........Well, are you the king or aren't you?" Jezebel replied. "Get out of bed, cheer up, and eat. I will get you Naboth's vineyard!............As soon as Jezebel received the message, she said to Ahab, "Naboth is dead. Now go and take possession of the vineyard which he refused to sell to you." At once Ahab went to the vineyard to take possession of it.................And concerning Jezebel, the LORD says that dogs will eat her body in the city of Jezreel. Any of your relatives who die in the city will be eaten by dogs, and any who die in the open country will be eaten by vultures." - 1 Kings 21:4-24

also

"And Ahab told Jezebel all that Elijah had done, and withal how he had slain all the prophets with the sword. Then Jezebel sent a messenger unto Elijah, saying, So let the gods do to me, and more also, if I make not thy life as the life of one of them by to morrow about this time." (1 Kings 19:1-2 KJV)

Disclaimer : Light Make-up is modesty , while painting heavy make-up is extreme. All in all there is nothing wrong using make-up, deodorants, creams and dress in a decent moderate fashion.

smiley

Next time , STOP AND THINK , then COMMENT.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2013
Toppiano: Make up is for making up for what is absent. But people are obsessed about their appearance to the extent of doing the outrageous. Make-up consists of creams (of any kind), powder, lip stick, pancake etc. Applying it modestly is not a sin, but when it is done to lure others to sin then it becomes sin.

Apostle Paul, said and I quote "if meat will make my brother offend I would rather not eat meat". Considering that some people are determined to sin, make-up or not they still fall. However, do not partake in other people's sin.

Modestly used make-up is FINE, but EXCESS OR OBSESSION is not!

Stop using body lotion & creams, deodorant, cutting your hair, shaving, wearing clean nice clothes , shoes etc. You should happy the way you were made, so run around n.aked and stop adding. cheesy
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 5:02pm On Jun 18, 2013
SailorXY:

Dont mind the chap he is confused.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 18, 2013
MostHigh:

Dont mind the chap he is confused.

You are the one confused, you look on the outside instead of the inside, even though it has been confirmed that many people who dress holy on the outside are full of dead bones and every unclean thing from within.

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by MostHigh: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

You are the one confused, you look on the outside instead of the inside, even though it has been confirmed that many people who dress holy on the outside are full of dead bones and every unclean thing from within.

smiley

Confusion.

If you read my posts I have been telling you the inside is as important as the outside, so where did you get the bolded from if not from confusion.

@frosbel many people who dress holy on the outside are full of dead bones and every unclean thing from within.

Does that mean people should not dress holy as you call it whatever that is?

You see how you contradict yourself.

By the words of your mouth you are judged

So there is such a thing as dressing holy?

Then why are discouraging people from doing holy dressing as you call it?

Wetin concern you with thier inward thoughts wether it be good or bad?

Can you please leave that job to the father? thank you

Presumptious fellow.

3 Likes

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by dallyemmy: 5:55pm On Jun 18, 2013
SpicyMimi: Have been going tru all the comments, and I fnd each nd every comment here interesting and useful.

I didn't create this thread to cause any fuss amng Christians! I just wanted to know the Truth. I wudnt want anyone to insult another based on his or her own beliefs, and I hope the arguments here won't cause one person to dislike another based on his or her own opinion.

This is my take on this...I will go with this quote-
' It is better to live a life like there is God, and die to find out there isn't, than live a life like there is No God and die to find out that there is One'

But then again I ve so many questions I really want answers to:
1. Talking abt Chemicals....are they not frm plants?
Am nt a science student so I ve no idea where chemicals come from, bt one thing am sure of is that...everythn we use here comes frm the Ground! so y is it bad for us to use creams, perfumes( I don't tink usn perfume is a sin anyway), etc

2. I just realized that, some churches are against takn of drugs? Plz is this true? And why? What abt herbal drugs?
Because, Heaven helps those who help themselves.

3. What about watching T.V,movies, listening to Love songs? Even solomon composed love songs! So I really need ur opinions on these...

Thanks soooo mucchhh!!!
God bless you all!

You are wonderfully and fearfully made. Without these a lady WILL get husband before those that try to put the chemicals on. Search for Evangelist Margeret on Youtube and listen her testimonies! God bless you Mimi!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
dallyemmy:

You are wonderfully and fearfully made. Without these a lady WILL get husband before those that try to put the chemicals on. Search for Evangelist Margeret on Youtube and listen her testimonies! God bless you Mimi!

She needs two things , Her Bible and the Holy Spirit , not Evangelist Margaret who for all we know could be a false prophet.

Talking about chemicals that go into our creams anf lotions did you not know that many of the ingredients are plant or animal extracts.

I suggest you also stop using soap amd shampoo because they also contain chemicals.

Smh

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2013
MostHigh:

Confusion.

If you read my posts I have been telling you the inside is as important as the outside, so where did you get the bolded from if not from confusion.

@frosbel many people who dress holy on the outside are full of dead bones and every unclean thing from within.

Does that mean people should not dress holy as you call it whatever that is?

You see how you contradict yourself.

By the words of your mouth you are judged

So there is such a thing as dressing holy?

Then why are discouraging people from doing holy dressing as you call it?

Wetin concern you with thier inward thoughts wether it be good or bad?

Can you please leave that job to the father? thank you

Presumptious fellow.

Holiness is a condition of the heart and involves a seperation from an inner condtion of sin such as anger , lust , sexual perversion , malice , jealously , envy , impatience , hate , murder and a host of other vices.

Before you start talking about makeup and dress can you honestly say you are 100% holy ?

What about advicing brothers to have More self control and discipline ? How come we have very high cases of rape in Islamic countries even though the women cover from head to toe.

My position has always beem that of moderation and acting with a pure intention at all times.

We do not have the authority over Christ's sheep , he leads them through his spirit , if at all they have received this spirit.

smiley
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
frosbel:

She needs two things , Her Bible and the Holy Spirit , not Evangelist Margaret who for all we know could be a false prophet.

Talking about chemicals that go into our creams anf lotions did you not know that many of the ingredients are plant or animal extracts.

I suggest you also stop using soap amd shampoo because they also contain chemicals.

Smh

smiley
i think you should pray before u listen to her testimony and then you will know (if you have the Holy Spirit)if she is a false prophet.The truth is that a woman that sends men to heaven by virtue of her showing off her body through her dressing cannot enter heaven.Even you know that. and it is not just the heart that matters. both matter before God.
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SlendyMEE(f): 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=Isiboy]

i knew u were going 2 counter dats y i quoted titus 3:9.

@ slendyMEE
be wise. Is it d attachment dat makes ur hair humble?[/quote

It makes my hair MANAGEABLE. So in what way am I being unwise? Is it the devil that gave human beings the ideas for making attachments? Be wise
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SlendyMEE(f): 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=dallyemmy]

You are wonderfully and fearfully made. Without these a lady WILL get husband before those that try to put the chemicals on.
This got me ROTFL. Are you kidding me? My elder sis, the most humble, Godfearing, decent, non-makeup using n every quality you have mentioned here got married @ 33yrs. Her crazy course mate who "donated" to all n sundry got married when she was 25yrs old, still happily married too. They are agemates. Can u pls enlighten me on what "went wrong" that my sis, who fits ya description of good, didn't find her husband early? I have many such instances to share. Stop generalization
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by SailorXY: 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2013
[quote author=SlendyMEE][/quote]^^ if your sister even fails to get a husband & make heaven, do you think she will remember if men exist on earth at all? Are you on earth to get married? Is that your main aim here? If you use make up cuz u want a husband, what happens when you have gotten the husband then?
Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by Tobiustobius: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2013
Eklektika: @OP,*just passing*. However,I remember that there was just 1 woman that the Bible records that painted her face and fixed her hair. What did GOD do? Fed her to the dogs. Paints on the face are a sign of a heathen. Anybody that tells you otherwise,no matter his logic,status,claims to 'christian', is a heathen. Any woman that paints and claims to be a 'christian' is a heathen and ear-marked by GOD as dog-meat. You asked for the bitter truth and this is it.
*Still passing*

Sign of a heathen? Really? Amazing. Really amazing, the sheer amount of crazy in this thread. And we wonder why the world is going down the drain.

To the Christians (air quotes) accusing each other of being slanderers and accusers of the brethren, Nice Work! Really converting all the heathens with your hate.

Sharp eyes to see how a face is too painted or an outfit is immodest, but blindly looking past the beggar on the street, the person in pain. New Age Christianity. Ride on, pastors!

1 Like

Re: What Does The Bible Say About Make-up? by DrummaBoy(m): 8:01pm On Jun 18, 2013
Its a pity this thread has to run these number of pages discussing what is not an issue at all

Whether a Christian lady should wear trousers or use make up - its a disaster. It is biblical illiteracy at its maximum

Now I understand why these guys cannot comprehend the issue of where the tithe occupies in today's dispensation. If U can't understand ABC, how do comprehend complicated doctrinal issues.

All I see MostHigh; Olaadegbu, Alexeleo and those who support them say here is to parrot what they were taught in church. Not bc they understand the bible for themselves

Save your invective bc this thread is not worth a look again... If I was the moderator I would have ended the discuss long time ago...

Nonsense!

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Why Men Are Having Sex With Their Maids Nowadays-Bishop Charles & Caro Ighile / Nigerian Lady Who Sees And Communicates With Ghosts Often / Amorc Is Not A Cult

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.