Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,362 members, 7,815,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This (2619 Views)

My Humble Opinion On The Recent Muslim Shi'i - Military Clash In The North / Desika's Opinion on The Crucifixion Of Jesus / Honest Opinion Of A Sincere Muslim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by basilico: 8:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
Do women in their menses pray in full or rather do they recite half ayas? Are they allowed in the masjid at that time? Did i say that your prophet had intercourse with his 9 year bride when she was seeing the moon? She is the one who says the prophet used to fo.n.dle her but this site changes that word to handle. And since the quran says one should stay away from them (possibly do your 4 other wives or slaves then) on their menses Is there somewhere in your books that say the prophet was depressed one time when his whole harem of wives and sex slaves were having their menses?
ayenny02: YES, Allah said ityou better open your eyes very well and read the hadith again, where did you see the prophet (saw) had intercourse with Aisha.

Aisha said the prophet(saw) used to order her to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist to cover her body) and used to handle her not intercourse. Prophet (saw) allows for men to be near their wives and to love them and care for them during messes but they shud stay away from intercourse,
Can't you see you are a liar, the hadith you quoted contradict your false statement that the prophet had intercourse with Aisha during menstruation period
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
basilico: Do women in their menses pray in full or rather do they recite half ayas? Are they allowed in the masjid at that time? Did i say that your prophet had intercourse with his 9 year bride when she was seeing the moon? She is the one who says the prophet used to fo.n.dle her but this site changes that word to handle. And since the quran says one should stay away from them (possibly do your 4 other wives or slaves then) on their menses Is there somewhere in your books that say the prophet was depressed one time when his whole harem of wives and sex slaves were having their menses?

smiley
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by TAIWOSHO(m): 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2013
Many thanks to my fellow muslims that have given reasonable right answers.
To start with, a girl of 9 in the arabian nations is fully matured. I will ask the guy to compare a girl of 12 in america to that of nigeria. The climatic conditions of various nations affect growth.
Morever,islam encourages early marriages to avoid the young ones going astray. When a girl or boy reaches the age of puberty and start getting conscious of his/her sexual feelings.islam wants them to get married in other not to do the forbiden.
To cap it all, Praise Fowowe, anchor of let's talk about sex, radiocontinental, 10pm on monday, says, a child that can sing and dance "chop banana till u go yo" needs sex education.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by Nobody: 1:10am On Jun 22, 2013
@TAIWOSHO,
My good man, if you want to claim that nine year olds in Arabia are somehow, magically more mature than nine year olds all over the world then you have to do the following;

1.) Provide proof for your claim.

2.) Realize that Muhammed was supposed to set an example to all mankind, not just the people of Arabia, so if he marries a nine year old, that is the green light Muslims all over the world need to do the same.

3.) You still need to provide an excuse for the giving out of a six year old child in marriage by her father.

4.) Click this link to read the dangers of childbirth in young children;
https://www.nairaland.com/1328438/salams-guys-just-want-honest/1#16381681
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by TAIWOSHO(m): 1:19pm On Jun 30, 2013
cheesy....@ NL MEMBER. that the Prophet (May Allah's peace be upon him) married a Six year old girl isnt something to start debating upon. we all know that the best form of marriage is that arranged by the parenets or elders in the family( am not talking of that done for selfish reasons). in Islam, when a marriage is arranged, the consent of the lady/girl is mandatory to finalize the marriage. the problem of divorce all over the world is mostly as a result of youngsters thinking they are wise enough to arrange marriages for themselves(blinded by "love" tongue).they go out in search of ladies mostlyhaving lustful agenda in mind. this would have been averted if the elders in the family help in the search and make necessary findings about the lady and her family and vice-versa. the Prophet's friend saw a good man the Prophet was and willingly gave his daughter to him. and man will want to give his girl to any good man to marry. in the Arab world and other societies, people arrange marriages between kids,man and little girls and hoping in future they will end up in thier homes when they are ripe for it.

for proof of young girls in the Arab society being matured than in other countries, i think you should make further enquiries.
am sure you wont compare an "agric fowl" with a "local fowl". grin. American kids do have rapid growth than Nigerian kids. am sure you wont contest that.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by basilico: 4:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
The problem here is that the one supposed to set a good example should be in jail today in a free world if he sleeps with a 9 year old. A cleric in Pakistan this year married am underage girl and killed her during the act of consumation. This cleric is still free since Pak follows sharia laws and following the sunna of the prophet is halal and desirable including marrying prepubescent girls like you have explained. How many lives lost while following your prophet sunna will make muslims realise that your prophets' many actions were wrong even by the medieval standards? Thanks.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 01, 2013
TAIWOSHO: cheesy....@ NL MEMBER. that the Prophet (May Allah's peace be upon him) married a Six year old girl isnt something to start debating upon. we all know that the best form of marriage is that arranged by the parenets or elders in the family( am not talking of that done for selfish reasons). in Islam, when a marriage is arranged, the consent of the lady/girl is mandatory to finalize the marriage.
The consent of a six year old cannot be obtained for marriage for heaven's sake. The issue is that 6year old children cannot critically think for themselves and so should not be expected to consent to such a decision. Put plain and simple, it is child abuse.
Besides you really need to re evaluate your religion if arranged marriage is the best form of marriage in Islam. Why should parents decide who their children should marry? The children have different tastes fromtheir parents, they like different things, have different preferences inshort children are entirely different peoople from their parents so a parent should not decide who their child should marry because they will be making that choice based on what they; the parents believe to be the best option, not what the child would like.

the problem of divorce all over the world is mostly as a result of youngsters thinking they are wise enough to arrange marriages for themselves(blinded by "love" tongue).they go out in search of ladies mostlyhaving lustful agenda in mind. this would have been averted if the elders in the family help in the search and make necessary findings about the lady and her family and vice-versa.
This is the most ridiculous justification for forced marriage I have ever seen.
There are many reasons why divorce is on the increase elders choosing for children has nothing to do with them. Divorce has become acceptable (it used to be more respectable to stay married) also, women have a way out if they leave marriages,they can work and support themselves; a lot of women stayed married because they had no choice.
But the major reason for increased divorces is because divorce has become more acceptable in our culture than it was in the past.

the Prophet's friend saw a good man the Prophet was and willingly gave his daughter to him. and man will want to give his girl to any good man to marry. in the Arab world and other societies, people arrange marriages between kids,man and little girls and hoping in future they will end up in thier homes when they are ripe for it.
He did not willingly give his daughter. He initialy told the prophet that they were brothers so he couldn't give his daughter to his brother.
What kind of excuse is that? Abu bakr knew he wasn't the prophet's brother and if he was truly willing to give his daughter to the prophet he wouldn't even bring up the issue of brotherhood because it made no sense He would have given her away immediately. Abu Bakr and the prophet were not brothers. He probably agreed to give his child to muhammed because he was scared of offending god's messenger.

for proof of young girls in the Arab society being matured than in other countries, i think you should make further enquiries.
am sure you wont compare an "agric fowl" with a "local fowl". grin. American kids do have rapid growth than Nigerian kids. am sure you wont contest that.
Actually, girls in the past took a longer time to reach adolescence than present day girls. You are the one that should be making enquiries.
Menarche or start of puberty for females, occurs these days at a younger age than in previous eras, this means that women back in the time of your prophet took a longer time to become sexually mature than women today. The reason why females mature faster these days are associted with factors such as:
1) Higher child hood obesity: Body fat increases estrogen levels which promote earlier development
2) Pollutants in our environment and food that mimic estrogen
3) People in the past were poorly fed, this causes menarche to occur at later ages.
You can read this scientific paper for more info on the subject
Scientific research on changes in age of menarche

From the graph you see the earliest likely age for menarche 1400 years ago is still over 10 years of age. The average and median age obviously being higher than ten years. While psycho social maturity was marginally younger back then, I have trouble accepting that a 9 year old Aisha who was still playing with dolls was psycho socially mature enough to live as a married woman.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by Nobody: 12:45am On Jul 01, 2013
basilico: The problem here is that the one supposed to set a good example should be in jail today in a free world if he sleeps with a 9 year old. A cleric in Pakistan this year married am underage girl and killed her during the act of consumation. This cleric is still free since Pak follows sharia laws and following the sunna of the prophet is halal and desirable including marrying prepubescent girls like you have explained. How many lives lost while following your prophet sunna will make muslims realise that your prophets' many actions were wrong even by the medieval standards? Thanks.

Can you believe his silly justification? "Women mature more in Arabia than in the rest of the world". What nonsense.
Even if that statement is true which it very obviously isn't, it still wouldn't make sense because Islam is not limited to Arabia and Muslims all over the world are supposed to follow the prophet's example.
And see the way he was writing so confidently because he was convinced that the rubbish explanation was sensible.

Sometimes I wonder if a prerequisite to following their religion is turning one's brain and analytically reasoning off.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by basilico: 5:15am On Jul 01, 2013
I know of no other religion that allows outright lies. While he lies about how the superrace of medieval Arabs matured earlier Others claim that young aisha was 16 or so. The Ayatollah of Iran said a girl should get her first courses in her husbands house.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by Nobody: 9:03am On Jul 01, 2013
basilico: I know of no other religion that allows outright lies. While he lies about how the superrace of medieval Arabs matured earlier Others claim that young aisha was 16 or so. The Ayatollah of Iran said a girl should get her first courses in her husbands house.
Ah! I forgot about at taqiya in Islam grin
About the ayatollah's statement, that doesn't surprise me. Those ayatollahs can be crazy, one of them was advising Muslim men to thigh their underage wives because the prophet did it with Aisha.
Re: Salams Guys, I Just Want An Honest Opinion On This by TAIWOSHO(m): 4:51pm On Jul 07, 2013
the world is truely a funny one where people judge others blindly. i wont say any invectives.abuse me, i dont mind, the men of God, the Prophets were used to that. Jesus was abused, Mohammed was abused ...
Aishat we are talking about, never compplained, the people around him never did, the xtians and jews of his time never complained of child abuse.
you know why? because, they never saw anything bad in it. she was woman enough for it. if it was bad, i sure know, there would have been reports from that time, that the Prophet commited child abuse crime......

you can never understand body creation than God himself. i have people that have been to Arabian countries, and they give reports of how well they grow.

as for the arranged marriages...i never said the lady or guy will be forced into it. the consent of the individuals involved will be sorted. it is mere recommendation. it works like any other good thing. if u think it is old-fashined, you are confused yourself.

ask your dad or any other well thinking elder around about it.

am here for you, if you need any further expalnation.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Not Permissible For A Wife To Wear Her Husband's Cloth. / The Tragedy Of Sex Change In Iran - Aftermath Of Khomenini's Fatwa / My Little Prayer - A Poem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.