Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,078 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:08 AM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128844 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by adexsimply(m): 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
salt 1: In which Deeper Life Church was this wedding solemnized? I am curious to know.
If the couple chose to wed in an undeeper manner, in a non-deeper church, I won't blame them or blame the GO for attending to lend support to his son. But to actually conduct the wedding in a Deeper Church with such display and affluence is most unlike Deeper
Could you please show me any extravagance displayed in the wedding? is there something really ungodly in the settings ?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
dare2think: John was my ex school mate. Grace High School, Gbagada. Whilst in school, we regularly quizzed him about the not-watching-television doctrine his father mandated in those day.

Apparently, [size=15pt]John said they owned a television set in their home[/size]. In those days, the dude was plumpy with a pear shape. I remember once, he pointed me to the direction of a girl's breast telling me they looked sumptuous.

My cynic foray into the irony called religion was birthed that very day.
No, John is human. His father's righteousness wouldn't speak for him. And, until he repents, he is no different from every other church goers who do not have personal relationship with Christ.

I married in the Church and would never regret doing so...because my conviction isn't based on Church policies but Bible doctrines.

Really, it's understandable that to whom much is given much is expected, but Pastor Kumuyi cannot force his sons to be like him, right. At 72years old, he has lived an examplary life of Christ.. He has played his part and still giving his all. I would always RESPECT him as a Father and Mentor!

Everyone would definitely give account of his/her life to God. Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Esin baba ko le gboomo la. smiley I wish I could translate this now..somebody help me cheesy

And if I may add, that wedding was modest. smiley

22 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Chinwem(f): 1:40pm On Jun 20, 2013
ItsModella: Just look at her dress, this dress is definitely not cheap.
[img]http://mypenmypaper.files./2013/06/998123_679712865378789_1828181112_n.jpg?w=550[/img]

And then the members put on this mary amaka costume.
[img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/896231_27902_10151095840801504_50333503_n_1_jpg1f866311fde375dc4f539705c53a5ebb[/img]

Wickedness and deceit in high places undecided undecided

Really very despicable the double standards.........what kind of church is that

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
Sophiegurl: Did someone just say slight makeup? Check out those cheeks. Even her hair retouched. A lot of pple will renew their vows just to have berra pictures. Anyways congrats to the couple

this dressing nah die. naija and their pastors vis a vis their doctrines.
pope nah enjoyment, imam nah gbaladun,- Delay Anikulapo.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
Sophiegurl: Did someone just say slight makeup? Check out those cheeks. Even her hair retouched. A lot of pple will renew their vows just to have berra pictures. Anyways congrats to the couple

this dressing nah die. naija and their pastors vis a vis their doctrines.
pope nah enjoyment, imam nah gbaladun,- Fela Anikulapo.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Gloriagee(f): 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
Agree completely with you. N if this wedding is modest to use ur words, please can this be the new standard for subsequent weddings?

Searching for a Deeper Life brotongue

OlowoTee:
No, John is human. His father's righteousness wouldn't speak for him. And, until he repents, he is no different from every other church goers who do not have personal relationship with Christ.

I married in the Church and would never regret doing so...because my conviction isn't based on Church policies but Bible doctrines.

Really, it's understandable that to whom much is given much is expected, but Pastor Kumuyi cannot force his sons to be like him, right. At 72years old, he has lived an examplary life of Christ.. He has played his part and still giving his all. I would always RESPECT him as a Father and Mentor!

Everyone would definitely give account of his/her life to God. Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Esin baba ko le gboomo la. smiley I wish I could translate this now..somebody help me cheesy

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by dare2think: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
OlowoTee:

Regarding John, that was years ago, he is probably more refined now. My point in the post is regarding the concept of telling your followers to do something whilst not complying to the same mandate.

Your post states that he 'lived an exemplary life of Christ', I'm assuming you were with him every second of his life to make such a bold statement.

In addition, A stretch Limo in a wedding is not a sign of modesty. (from a modest perspective)

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by gabolz(m): 1:44pm On Jun 20, 2013
THAT BRIDE COULD BE PREGNANT SEF!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
I thought wearing make-up and Jewellery is a 'SIN'. undecided

smh.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by NET1(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
Deeper Life has really changed o and I thank God for them. I was born in this Church. My father was a State Pastor in charge of the then Imo State (consisting of Imo, Abia & parts of Ebonyi). My mom was one Choir girl that time. I'm talking of early 1980s. Kumuyis were very close to us then, maybe 'cos of Popsi's position in the church.

When they got married, they were not allowed to take pictures. Momsi told me she wore one skirt and blouse (you know the type that has 'gada' at the loin area...lol). She was not permitted to wear Wedding Gown.

She also said Popsi wore just Shirt+Tie, Trouser and Sandals (I think that would considered weird by today's Fashion Standards). He was by policy not allowed to wear Suit (especially since he was the State Pastor). Even his friends were not allowed to take pictures on that wedding day - cos pictures were seen as 'Worldliness' - hahahaha.

We had enough money to buy a TV then (even if say na Black+White sef), but we couldnt because of the fear of suspension or even expulsion from the church. It (TV) was usually called "The Devil's Box". Years later after we left Deeper, one day I saw a Suit in my popsi's wardrobe, the first thought I had was that he had backsliden...hahahaha.

I am happy to see John Kumuyi's wedding in good colour (we used to be friends as kids - oh those days!). His wedding pictures are a clear departure from the primitive doctrines of the 1980s that we observed with utmost reverence n Deeper Life. even up till now, my momsi no dey perm her hair. She still carry the Deeper Life mentality (even though we left Deeper in 1987).

However, one thing is certain about the Kumuyis and Deeper Life. They don't compromise about sin o. If you meddle with sin (no matter how small), they will tell you to your face o - that one I confirm am. If you refuse to repent, mehn, na expulsion o. - no be joke o.

That man is truly a man of God. I was a kid then, but I know his strong stance on wrongdoing. Even my Parents dey respect (abi na fear sef) the guy called Kumuyi. The man no be Prosperity Preacher o - unlike some new breed people (I no call anybody name o).

.NET

17 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
gabolz: THAT BRIDE COULD BE PREGNANT SEF!!!!!!!
Baaaad guy!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Mojiraheem(f): 1:50pm On Jun 20, 2013
happy married life

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by kufre2010: 1:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
I'm still expecting kumiyi to come and denied that he didn't support this wedding. Double standard.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by dpresido(m): 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
dare2think: John was my ex school mate. Grace High School, Gbagada. Whilst in school, we regularly quizzed him about the not-watching-television doctrine his father mandated in those day.

Apparently, [size=15pt]John said they owned a television set in their home[/size]. In those days, the dude was plumpy with a pear shape. I remember once, he pointed me to the direction of a girl's breast telling me they looked sumptuous.

My cynic foray into the irony called religion was birthed that very day.

I didn't attend same University with John though but a friend that was in UNILAG with him then said he was 'a social yoppy guy".So I don't doubt your submission at College about him at all. Your dad being a pastor and Conservative really don't require you to be exactly like him....de guy like better thing joor and has refused to play hypocrisy and eye service. De koko na to ensure Salvation is real too. Most pastors at the district churches take their personal doctrine beyond the doctrine of God itself and even go beyond what Kumuyi teaches. My admonition is to focus on God's word than principles of men that lead nowhere at all

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
grin grin grin
prosper86: Deeperlife bunch of hypocrites!showed d pics to my mom dat attends dipalyf and she was surprised cos dey don't allow wedding gowns not to talk of make up!
When my friend got married in the church she wore long skirt,longsleeved blouse with turban,Is kumuyis son different from the others?
Don't the pastors practice what they preach?
May God help us !

All animals are equal but some are more equal than the others, even in deeper life. LOLs. grin
prosper86: Deeperlife bunch of hypocrites!showed d pics to my mom dat attends dipalyf and she was surprised cos dey don't allow wedding gowns not to talk of make up!
When my friend got married in the church she wore long skirt,longsleeved blouse with turban,Is kumuyis son different from the others?
Don't the pastors practice what they preach?
May God help us !

All animals are equal but some are more equal than the others, even in deeper life. LOLs.
hypocrisy of the highest order

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by kufre2010: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
Deeper life members were not allowed to watch television but now they can watch. God is now a changing God.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Admonition: 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. Luke 13: 24.
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

I am taken aback by the comments from so many called Christians on this Forum. The essence of Christian faith and the possibility that we are going to make it to heaven is centered on keeping the word of God. With all due respect, Pastor Kumuyi my pastor and he is an ardent preacher of the word of God but the truth is that Christians are called to Follow Christ and the word of God. If you tailor your faith and christian walk after men(pastors, Apostle, etc), the chance that you will be disappointed in the last days may be high. What will happen to you if men changes? So to everyone, The wedding of pastor Kumuyi Son has nothing to do with our faith. Our faith is built of Christ and nothing else. It is Jesus Christ that can only certify you for heaven and not pastor Kumuyi. He is also running his own race and hope to finish well. The same goes to His son and the bride. Lets try and make our own calling an election sure and forget about how other people are running. If some try to bend Gods word to fit in to their status, leave them with God. You just try to finish your race well. Don't follow man but follow Gods word. It is a sure prophecy that will be able to save you in the end.

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by haibe(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
this is beautiful, am so happy for them, happy married life to them.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Pygru: 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
Congratulation
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by chizel: 1:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
I thought deeper life members don't wear neither make ups,jewwlries nor weaveon,abi my eye dey deceive me?double standerd at work.mctweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by salt1: 1:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
adexsimply: Could you please show me any extravagance displayed in the wedding? is there something really ungodly in the settings ?

Stretch limo isn't extravagance? Bride with full make-up in a Deeper Life church doesn't appear worldly to you?
This is a negation of all that Kumuyi ever struggled for. As I said before, if the wedding was done outside Deeper Life and Papa Kumuyi went as a parent to support his son, all well and good. But if it was in Deeper, it's not good for the brand he's spent all his life building: an austere, other-worldly, anti-prosperity servant voice

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by email1(m): 2:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
I am seeing things! Deeper Life, here I come! So I can now bake cake and you can now allow my wife use wedding gown? Lol.

Nice one and congrats.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Eneze1(f): 2:01pm On Jun 20, 2013
success4: Many a busy body on NL. What is my business with the way she dressed? The member that follow leaders
blindly are to be blamed. I don't see Pastor Kumuyi's blame in all these. The marriage committee are
the main problem of deeper-life when it comes to wedding issue.

thank you, he even preached about it in one of his sermons like that, those marriage committee are something else, I have to show this to my Dad,he must definitely see this *page bookmarked*

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by prosper86: 2:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
Admonition: Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able. Luke 13: 24.
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Philippians 2:12

I am taken aback by the comments from so many called Christians on this Forum. The essence of Christian faith and the possibility that we are going to make it to heaven is centered on keeping the word of God. With all due respect, Pastor Kumuyi my pastor and he is an ardent preacher of the word of God but the truth is that Christians are called to Follow Christ and the word of God. If you tailor your faith and christian walk after men(pastors, Apostle, etc), the chance that you will be disappointed in the last days may be high. What will happen to you if men changes? So to everyone, The wedding of pastor Kumuyi Son has nothing to do with our faith. Our faith is built of Christ and nothing else. It is Jesus Christ that can only certify you for heaven and not pastor Kumuyi. He is also running his own race and hope to finish well. The same goes to His son and the bride. Lets try and make our own calling an election sure and forget about how other people are running. If some try to bend Gods word to fit in to their status, leave them with God. You just try to finish your race well. Don't follow man but follow Gods word. It is a sure prophecy that will be able to save you in the end.

I agree with you,but what I hate is people saying one thing and doing the other, I used to be a member too,and makeup,wedding gown,cutting of cake was referred to as wordliness,If it were an ordinary member will such things be allowed? Are some people more important than others ?which allow them do what they want?
I can deduce Double standard here.
God bless the day my eyes opened to hypocrisy amongst members ,thank God I left the church.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 20, 2013
The message Pastor Kumuyi is sending to his members through his son's wedding is that time has come for a paradigm shift in Deeper Life's wedding without a shift in the church's doctrinal beliefs. I will like all members of this great ministry to take a clue from this wedding and dress well for their weddings and outings.

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by onyinyennenna(f): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
I joined naira land just now cos I want to comment on this wedding picture my parents are deeperlifers and b4 u have a weddn in this church u must go tru a committe calld marriage committe full of hypocrites some of d tinz am aware of is high heels shoes for the bride is a sin, she must ty turban infact dis days some sisters put ribbon on d turban to make it modern,u must not buy ready made gown meaning it must be (cut and sew) no cake u hold bible istead of flower as the bride and u knw so many rules n regulation that drives many young members away the worst tin now is the guys in the church go outside to get married in oda church cos I no blame dem den no fit differenciate btwn (young sisters and old sisters)LMAO....infact many rules if I begin dey write al of una go scatter laff chai dis is the complete opposite of their wedd....some members perish as a result of lack of understandn

5 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Eneze1(f): 2:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
this is what I have been telling my Dad, being righteous doesn't make you look like the world want to end, thank God am no longer in that church, I despise hypocrisy displayed by the church member especially those pastors under Kumuyi
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by jude33084(m): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
king joe 4 j:
you guys can go on and on grumbling...one thing is certain...salvation is nt in d doctrines,its in the relationship(with God)..congrats to d couple.

Is anybody here not happy with the union? I am very sure the answer is no one wink But Why should u deceive ur member nt to wear wedding gown bt allowed ur son's bride to use it and even make up?

The ones I know then don't even allow jeans AT ALL cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by omocheche(f): 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
Them done dey wear makeup? i think say na sin nah, i pity people wey they allow all dis people dey deceive them, see gown abeg beautiful
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
kufre2010: I'm still expecting kumiyi to come and denied that he didn't support this wedding. Double standard.
Don't be surprise, the Father may know nothing about the preparation etc. Howbeit, If only Mama Biodun (John's mum) was alive, she would not have consented to whatever make-up etc. Her conviction as a Muslim convert was SO strong..missed her, awful.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
Na wa o! Deeper deeper...n to think dis is d same church i used to attend.i always say dat one cannot bind himself with undue laws for 2 long.i guess members wil nw be free to wear wedding gowns n make up.lots of gossip n whispering must be going on among d hyper-born again brodas n sisters in deeper life nw.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
My people say its "onye a wogbu ka agba" meaning; who they decieved is whom they won. Deeper life members you've been looking but you don't see, I guess.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.