Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,191 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128849 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Double post
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 9:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
busolayemi: who's abusing pastors...does my moda's pastor automatically translate to my pastor?? Hiannnnn

did i say your mother's pastor is your pastor?

i asked, why are you abusing the pastors?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 9:49pm On Jun 20, 2013
bettymafy:

What in the world are u even saying? The bride stays abroad, soo The dad is a worker in the Jamaican branch of Deeper life, does that not tell u there is Deeper life outside Nigeria? And that the wedding could have held in any of their branches abroad?

The bride is a Lawyer, so what Is she the first Lawyer to be a Deeper life member? And what "look" makes u think that place can't be deeper life? Must the building be dalapidated with the environment littered with pure water sachet before u know its deeper life?

And lastly, must u always argue blindly I rest my case!

if this is what you produce in place of evidence, then you might as well stop typing.

eod.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:

the couple are both based overseas, there is no reason to assume the wedding held in deeper- you dont even know if either of them attends the church.

the bride in particular is a lawyer i believe, so she can decide wherever she wants her wedding to hold.

from the looks of things, that does not seem to be a deeper life wedding.

if you have evidence to the contrary, present it in a verifiable manner.

What in the world are u even saying? The bride stays abroad, soo?? The dad is a worker in the Jamaican branch of Deeper life, does that not tell u there are Deeper life branches outside Nigeria? And that the wedding could have held in any of their branches abroad?

The bride is a Lawyer, so what?? Is she the first Lawyer to wed in Deeper life? And what "look" makes u think that place can't be deeper life? Must the building be dalapidated and the environment littered with pure water sachet before u know its deeper life?

And lastly, must u always argue blindly?? I rest my case!

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DrBaby(f): 9:52pm On Jun 20, 2013
I was brought up in deeperlife since age 4 till two yrs ago wen I left d country. No matter wat anyone says, pastor kumuyi remains d greatest blessin to my life. Sometimes I look back wen I am prayn to God n I always thank him for bringn me up in dt church. Sometimes I cry cos I miss my pastor so much...I miss him as a father in my life...he taught mw every tin I knw...principles of success (I ws d best grad doc in my sch)...he tot me abt holiness (my boyfriend too ad a deeper life background) so chastity n holiness was easy for us..we stl say it to date dt our upbringing in dt church is one single most important common factor dt hs helped us stay strong....pastor kumuyi tot me to b very conservative n to stand out frm d crowd...I love him so much.
My parents r pastors in d church...frm d word go I av told dem I am nt marrying in d church cos me I simply do nt like it.... ( weddn comin up in 3 months, we dint av to talk abt it, dey alredi knew)...I do nt share exactly d same convictions wt my parents, so any member dt does n likes d rules shld go ahead bt if he/she now comes to my own weddin to judge if I followed one rule or d other, he /she is on his/her own.
My father wl come for my weddin , I wl glorify God wt it n I wl b moderate...bt aw ppl wl judge pastor kumuyi n d church based on dis weddn stl baffles me.....dis kind of weddin is nt new in DL churches in d diaspora... (I attended for a while in scotland) bt redeem is closer to me in england now which is why I go der...d rccg here too is diff frm in naija..if u doubt me watch d festival of life progs...so ppl shld stop talkn....if dis weddin ws done in anyoda way ppl wl stl talk...pls free dis couple.
I knw pastor kumuyi has fought a good fight, I pray God helps him to finish strong...we wl knw dt he trained his children(including me) in d way of d lord..so he wl nt answer for dem on d last day. Pastor God be wt u...I stl listen to u everytime on d church website...I love dos mssgs again n again...my next plan is to make sure I hook up regularly wt d new monthly prog tho most times it falls on my call days...I love u P.kay and God knws aw time n again I appreciate u (u may neva knw) bt I always say a word of prayer for u each time...n I knw def it touches u...oh aw I miss YOUTH REVIVAL DAYS....

7 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
fxman62: I've tried to read as much of the comments on this topic as I could. Unfortunately time and power problem will not allow me to go through everything. But these are my views. It is true that most of what you have seen in these pictures are not "DEEPERLIFISH' as many have pointed out, but let me point it out that the couple are adults and old enough to make their decisions. As a Christian father, you can preach to your children just as you can do to others. If the children reject the message, it does not stop them from being your children. And you do not have a right to disown them simply because of that. You may never know the agony in the heart of this father at what the son and daughter-in-law have chosen to do. His being there is to go through with his role as a father praying and hoping that one day the 'prodigal son' will come back home to the Bible. Go through the Bible and find out how many children of great leaders followed in the path of their fathers. Did you hear anything about the children of Moses? God did not find them suitable enough to take over from their father. He saw a better successor in Joshua. What about Samuel's sons. Israel requested for a king because Samuel's sons were bribe-takers unworthy of the position their father occupied. Not to talk about Eli whose two sons destroyed his ministry. Pastor Kumuyi has done his best. He preaches and lives a modest life. he emphasizes holiness and fear of God. He is heavenly minded. If his children choose to do otherwise, he cannot be blamed for he cannot save them.
I agree with all you've said. But the grievance of most of the posters is that on a normal day if a lady doesn't wear that their cloth the intending couple wouldn't be wedded in the church. They'd be asked to go do their wedding else where. But coming to the GS's own son, his wife was allowed to wear a proper wedding gown. Why didn't they ask the couple to go do their wedding in another church if they refused to comply with the church's rules That's what is making everyone say there's so much double standards in the church.

But my own is, what is everyone's business sef If the members of Deeper Life Church see the tow this wedding has taken and decide that they too want to start wearing proper wedding gowns and make-up, they can speak up or leave. No body is holding them. They like the rules that's why they're still there. Let them enjoy being there. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 9:53pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia@:

and does this wedding look like it was held in deeper life?
it seems the OP says it was. However its not. strange in the deeper life occasions in America. They wear these things there and the administration seems okay with it. Its not a eye opener or a first time in history event except for those who are ignorant of these.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
The non deeper features of Mrs kumuyi as described by a blogger
The new standard that started with them
Look at the worldly features as deeper lifers call it
And the church allowed it and wedded them

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Godbest(m): 9:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
i feel like crying when i see people making comment like dis... we behave childish and talk without thinking.... why dont you ask your self this question before opening ur mouth to say rubblish
1 have u ever seen or heard pastor kumiyi putting rules on dressing
2 where on earth do u heard him say u should not dress good and sweet for your wedding
3 on which message have you heard him say dont wear wedding gown or stylish suit for wedding
similar rumour was made about tv.. but today we knew dat deeperlife have it own tv station and channel
please let be very careful with what we hear and say so dat u wont become the mariam in d Bible dat leprosy come upon wen she gossip MOSES
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE Y SAY IT OR PROPAGATE IT
THE CHURCH ONLY ENSURE THAT PEOPLE DONT WERE TRANSPARENT DRESSES AND BODY OPEN DRESSES DOING WEDDING AND EVENT
There is no such rule as u people say DEEPER-LIFE MEMBER TO ME ARE BETTER thinker, economist than we are, because they think beyond
I PERSONALLY HAVE A RULE NEVER ON EARTH TO TALK ABOUT ANY PASTOR....because in the Bible it a sin and it attract GOD WRATH
I KNOW U WONT WANT GOD WRATH IN 2013

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by HARDDON: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
undecided undecided
tpia@:
just my opinion.

most women who wear the whole getup, are sexually active.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 9:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
i guess its only a crime when black people do it:

[img]http://jhbrideguide.files./2011/01/kkp16.jpg?w=630[/img]

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Jun 20, 2013
babyosisi:

And the dress code has changed from now on
Who better to demonstrate it than the general superintendent and one of his general overseers
Let's watch out and see if it would become the norm in Nigeria because oversees, Deeper Life church members aren't compelled to wear pleated skirts and tie turbans during their weddings.. But this thing isn't really an issue at all. undecided Human beings sef. Instead of us to be following the teachings of Jesus we're y'all are here arguing. God have Mercy on us all. Amin.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
Gud day fellas,
@tpia,let me be candid wit u. STOP DECEIVING URSELF. I'm also a deeper life member till date, so I know what goes on. Period.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 10:01pm On Jun 20, 2013
Chi59: Gud day fellas,
@tpia,let me be candid wit u. STOP DECEIVING URSELF. I'm also a deeper life member till date, so I know what goes on. Period.

seems like you are the one deceiving yourself here, i'm not aware deeper life doctrine is what i'm discussing.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by busolayemi: 10:04pm On Jun 20, 2013
[quote author=tpia@]

did i say your mother's pastor is your pastor?

i asked, why are you abusing the pastors?[/quote/ Mayb u shd point out d words with which I have insulkted anybody

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by armyofone(m): 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
the blogger's analysis funny grin grin
maybe she got flexible because the wedding took place in Jamaica like someone said,
maybe she is not very deep into DL?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by HARDDON: 10:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
ItsModella:
I hope the members use this Kumuyi's son's wedding as a medium to free themselves from the shackles they are in. If not for anything, just for them to look presentable on their wedding day and not looking like poor, wretched people.

had thought that is what they all look like in real life?

the wedding is just a projection of that.

well wake up dl members and taste the coffee cos tis latter than y'all think.

stop mocking God and live the good life that he has programmed us to.

learn to balance your 12 o clock handle with that of your 6. hope to God you get ma drift
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Jun 20, 2013
Chi59: Gud day fellas,

cheesy cheesy
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by vislabraye(m): 10:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
Deeper Life members went overboard jare. Mumsie was persecuted because she puts on face powder. Dere was nothing she did dat made dem happy.
We had a house and 3 different Deeper Life Fellowship took place and yet dere were some cabals ruling de church.
Anyway, great wedding. De wife looks sharp.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by funnyx(m): 10:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
busolayemi: Me I was raised up in a deeper life home o but e don tey now wey I commot on top dis their doctrine tins noni...infact, I got married 2months ago and my mom almost scattered my wedding cos I used make up and jewelleries...on top say my hubby no dey attend deeper life o...plus no b deeper life dey anchor the wedding o...her reason been dat all her church pastors go full the wedding...I dnt get, was I supposed to have made mysef sad on my wedding day becos of her pastors....infact, I tire for dem...**veryveryveryveryverylonghisssssssssssssssss**

Good! I have promised myself never to allow anyone or group of people to dictate to me how to live my life. If I'm not happy with my church or the pastor I'll simply leave, ija o si ni church, sa dura ki n sa min ni.
And for those who feel obliged to stay their and were forced to have their wedding like funeral na dem wahala be that.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by crystalreal: 10:24pm On Jun 20, 2013
well,well. Never d less ,d foundation of God stands sure & let every one that.... depart from iniquity.
God's standard is sure&unchanging.Looking up to Jesus(not pastor nor his son),d author&finisher of our faith. whatever happens,always remember u'll give account of ur life personally.So,wht ar we arguing abt,luk inward&x-ray ur life first b4 X-raying others.Life is a race, u'll stumble if u look back, u'll swerve if u look beside,u'll miss out if u lookdown bt u ar sure to win if u look straight&focus ahead 2d finishing line.
As For me,i'm fully persuaded that neither....,things present,nor things to come shall be able to separate us from the love of CHRIST... I have a wonderful treasure,the gift of God without measure,we will travel together,my bible and i.my heart is fixed oh God.Best regards.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2013
tpia:
se nkan min o si loro gbogbo yin sha.
smiley smiley LOL at the bolded text...o sun mi o ooo. smiley
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 20, 2013
DrBaby: I was brought up in deeperlife since age 4 till two yrs ago wen I left d country. No matter wat anyone says, pastor kumuyi remains d greatest blessin to my life. Sometimes I look back wen I am prayn to God n I always thank him for bringn me up in dt church. Sometimes I cry cos I miss my pastor so much...I miss him as a father in my life...he taught mw every tin I knw...principles of success (I ws d best grad doc in my sch)...he tot me abt holiness (my boyfriend too ad a deeper life background) so chastity n holiness was easy for us..we stl say it to date dt our upbringing in dt church is one single most important common factor dt hs helped us stay strong....pastor kumuyi tot me to b very conservative n to stand out frm d crowd...I love him so much.
My parents r pastors in d church...frm d word go I av told dem I am nt marrying in d church cos me I simply do nt like it.... ( weddn comin up in 3 months, we dint av to talk abt it, dey alredi knew)...I do nt share exactly d same convictions wt my parents, so any member dt does n likes d rules shld go ahead bt if he/she now comes to my own weddin to judge if I followed one rule or d other, he /she is on his/her own.
My father wl come for my weddin , I wl glorify God wt it n I wl b moderate...bt aw ppl wl judge pastor kumuyi n d church based on dis weddn stl baffles me.....dis kind of weddin is nt new in DL churches in d diaspora... (I attended for a while in scotland) bt redeem is closer to me in england now which is why I go der...d rccg here too is diff frm in naija..if u doubt me watch d festival of life progs...so ppl shld stop talkn....if dis weddin ws done in anyoda way ppl wl stl talk...pls free dis couple.
I knw pastor kumuyi has fought a good fight, I pray God helps him to finish strong...we wl knw dt he trained his children(including me) in d way of d lord..so he wl nt answer for dem on d last day. Pastor God be wt u...I stl listen to u everytime on d church website...I love dos mssgs again n again...my next plan is to make sure I hook up regularly wt d new monthly prog tho most times it falls on my call days...I love u P.kay and God knws aw time n again I appreciate u (u may neva knw) bt I always say a word of prayer for u each time...n I knw def it touches u...oh aw I miss YOUTH REVIVAL DAYS....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
HARDDON: undecided undecided
I was wondering about that too but she couldn't give me any good explanation.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by zains: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2013
Most pastor's children can be very rebellious. Not surprised though. I'd do same, were I in his shoes.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 10:54pm On Jun 20, 2013
na wa oh, people like osisu just took this thing like a 4unit course sha. Abi the groom jilt you? Don't bother oh, ain't curious enough for an answer.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jun 20, 2013
zains: Most pastor's children can be very rebellious. Not surprised though. I'd do same, were I in his shoes.
Where's the rebellion in this matter Una too do.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Godbest(m): 11:03pm On Jun 20, 2013
things u need to know according to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deeper_Christian_Life_Ministry. Deeper life is the world 3rd largest church. yet the GS do not do the wedding with very expensive blinging-blinging.
i think Deeper LIFE GS is a real HOLY MAN
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Ogbu411: 11:09pm On Jun 20, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by crisycent: 11:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
John was a class ahead if me in high school, knew him to be chubby and very quiet. He was very responsible in school. Still got the same look, didnt change one bit. Hope he's not a virgin? grin
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by emmatok(m): 11:38pm On Jun 20, 2013
And where is Jerry kumuyi(senior brother).
He is not in the picture.

Well the younger generation has been waiting for this.

THE RULES WILL BE ADJUSTED.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by EnnyP(f): 12:01am On Jun 21, 2013
DrBaby: I was brought up in deeperlife since age 4 till two yrs ago wen I left d country. No matter wat anyone says, pastor kumuyi remains d greatest blessin to my life. Sometimes I look back wen I am prayn to God n I always thank him for bringn me up in dt church. Sometimes I cry cos I miss my pastor so much...I miss him as a father in my life...he taught mw every tin I knw...principles of success (I ws d best grad doc in my sch)...he tot me abt holiness (my boyfriend too ad a deeper life background) so chastity n holiness was easy for us..we stl say it to date dt our upbringing in dt church is one single most important common factor dt hs helped us stay strong....pastor kumuyi tot me to b very conservative n to stand out frm d crowd...I love him so much.

Gbam!
u spoke the truth my bro. i was also brought up in deeper life right from age 6. left the church after i got married coz i married a non-deeper life. i wore a nice and modest gown for my wedding which was attended by a lot of deeper life pastors and members. and i told my mum exactly the same thing. i told her am not forcing anybody to come for my wedding and so anybody that comes should be satisfied with everything that happens there.
i missed the church so much and i still find time to attend services there once in a while. like u said, no one is forced to do these things. the problem i have with so many people is dat they do most of what they do with no conviction whether they're doing the right thing or not. and most times when they are asked y they do what they do, they find it difficult to explain because they don't really know y. they simply do those things. i remembered in my higher institution then, we were forced as sisters to always tie our scarf 24/7 even when u're going to the toilet. ask me y then, i dnt knw. i visited a couple last week sat. the wife was a deeper life member married to a guy in baptist. she told me on their wedding which i couldn't attend, her mum, right in the presence of people removed her wedding cake from the cake stand in the reception arena claiming it was worldly. i watched the wedding video clip and i couldn't help but wonder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.