Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,925 members, 7,952,724 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:22 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (130339 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Acidosis(m): 3:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
Willzkid:
Ade, you see this is neither extravagant nor immodest, except in the eyes of some folks here who are more "deeper than kumuiyi"..
I love the deeper life church especially their stance on holiness, and personal relationship with God, but the "holier-than-thou" attitude of some members leaves much to be desired
I am strongly of the opinion that Pastor Kumuiyi is a genuine man of God with good intentions, but most of his members tend to read his words like letter without understanding the spirit behind it thereby giving room to the extreme interpretations that are rife therein.
Kenneth Hagin once noted that today's Christians find it hard to stay in the midway without compromising the faith or falling into the ditch of extremism and/or judgementalism- moderation being key here.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:12pm On Jun 20, 2013
funkybaby:
You aint seeing no double! grin

the wedding gown is ''see through/lacy'' above the chest region. lol

I saw that too, I'm still speechless undecided
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by chris51(f): 3:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
This is hypocrisy of the highest order. Deeper life members are subjected to wearing china whites when they wed while the founder's son's bride is wearing a lovely wedding gown.
Their members should shine their eyes & not be subjected to such ridiculous outfits they wear as wedding gowns.
Imagine the use of limo by Kumuyi's son, their preaching is "do as I say, not as I do"
God is watching them

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by thorpido(m): 3:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
.NET:
Deeper Life has really changed o and I thank God for them. I was born in this Church. My father was a State Pastor in charge of the then Imo State (consisting of Imo, Abia & parts of Ebonyi). My mom was one Choir girl that time. I'm talking of early 1980s. Kumuyis were very close to us then, maybe 'cos of Popsi's position in the church.

When they got married, they were not allowed to take pictures. Momsi told me she wore one skirt and blouse (you know the type that has 'gada' at the loin area...lol). She was not permitted to wear Wedding Gown.

She also said Popsi wore just Shirt+Tie, Trouser and Sandals (I think that would considered weird by today's Fashion Standards). He was by policy not allowed to wear Suit (especially since he was the State Pastor). Even his friends were not allowed to take pictures on that wedding day - cos pictures were seen as 'Worldliness' - hahahaha.

We had enough money to buy a TV then (even if say na Black+White sef), but we couldnt because of the fear of suspension or even expulsion from the church. It (TV) was usually called "The Devil's Box". Years later after we left Deeper, one day I saw a Suit in my popsi's wardrobe, the first thought I had was that he had backsliden...hahahaha.

I am happy to see John Kumuyi's wedding in good colour (we used to be friends as kids - oh those days!). His wedding pictures are a clear departure from the primitive doctrines of the 1980s that we observed with utmost reverence n Deeper Life. even up till now, my momsi no dey perm her hair. She still carry the Deeper Life mentality (even though we left Deeper in 1987).

However, one thing is certain about the Kumuyis and Deeper Life. They don't compromise about sin o. If you meddle with sin (no matter how small), they will tell you to your face o - that one I confirm am. If you refuse to repent, mehn, na expulsion o. - no be joke o.

That man is truly a man of God. I was a kid then, but I know his strong stance on wrongdoing. Even my Parents dey respect (abi na fear sef) the guy called Kumuyi. The man no be Prosperity Preacher o - unlike some new breed people (I no call anybody name o).

.NET
Curious to know why your family left.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by HisMajesty1(m): 3:19pm On Jun 20, 2013
I have officially left DLBC... This is HYPOCRISY!

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ratiken(m): 3:20pm On Jun 20, 2013
Someone correct me if am wrong but I cannot see Pastor Kumuyi in any of the pictures. Maybe its too early to assume John had his consent. We need to hear the church's response to this before making assumptions. Besides, the write-up indicated the wedding was in a deeperlife church but omitted the location.
Personally, I think there is more to what i read. This man of God cannot boldly spearhead negations to long standing doctrines even if he is indifferent to John's position or disposition. Even he wants a change, I would not expect him to start it with his son.

I am only scared that this issue if not properly handled will negatively impact the youth of that church who still see things in black and white. The rebellion will be uncontrolled... and they might end up with wrong choices in a bid to negate the doctrines forced on them. No matter how we look at it, those doctrines have no negative impact on our societal values but the opposite might.

For the records, I disagree with lots of the doctrines.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 3:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
the kids are adults.

people should just wish them happy married life and move on.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 20, 2013
dare2think:

I know, he was a normal boy with 'worldly' traits, can't fault him on
that. It was the Tv issue that got me. They had Tv when majority of the
members were allergic to it becuase his dad may have instructed them.
And yea, he used to be ..erm fat.
I've heard Pastor Kumuyi say that he never instructed any one not to use TV. I'm guessin it's all those their state overseers that came up with that rule. I strongly believe Pastor Kumuyi isn't a pretender. My heart is aways drawn to his teachings. O how I love them.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by toprealman: 3:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
Laugh is not 'agreeing' me to laugh'''''lol
This people sef!!! Back then it was no TV, no this , no that.
The bride and groom looks so glam, the bridesmaids no comment.
Happy for the couple sha.....shakes head....this people sef...........
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 20, 2013
chris51: This is hypocrisy of the highest order. Deeper life members are subjected to wearing china whites when they wed while the founder's son's bride is wearing a lovely wedding gown.
Their members should shine their eyes & not be subjected to such ridiculous outfits they wear as wedding gowns.
Imagine the use of limo by Kumuyi's son, their preaching is "do as I say, not as I do"
God is watching them

smiley
DL members are not subjected to wearing china whites, really. Although, sometimes it depends on the Marriage Committees in your locality and how they 'translate' modesty as regard wedding dresses ... I did use bridal satin for my wedding gown and it was simply gorgeous. smiley Christianity should be a way of life... And, the closer we are to the Master, the easier it becomes for us to obey his will and purpose for our lives. The earlier we understand that Church Principles does not equate Bible doctrines, the more meaningful our Christian journey would be. Heaven is more Important.. Let us guard our hearts..#mythought smiley

PS: that wedding was conducted in Jamaica! not Nigeria... Could there be China whites there? LOL.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 3:42pm On Jun 20, 2013
chizel:
@olowoTee,we are not trying to judge or conclude here about who will enter heaven or not but then I want you to cast your mind to the bible about what Christ refer to as hypocrisy,the bible also state that anyone who could not be able to take care of his family is an unbeliever,what am saying in essence is that doctrines of the church should not be made for some people and not for all,if there is anybody who should show the world where the deeper life stands in doctrine,that person should be pastor kumuyi and his household,eventhough a pastors son must not be judged on the conditition that his father is a pastor,but then if other members of the church should strictly adhere to the doctrines of the church as being teached by pastor kummuyi himself,I don't see the reason why it should be the pastors son that will violet such doctrines and his father the teacher and preacher of the doctrine should endorse of it,bcs for to have appeared in the pictures of the wedding shows that he was not against the wedding and all it's contents.again need I remind you that prophet Eli was a rightous man before God,but then he was not spared of the wrath of God on the day that God visited his children for their sins.if deeper life has decided that it's time for them to do away with some of their doctrines,they should come out openly and say it instead of telling us that eventhough all animals are equal,there are ones that are more equal than others,which is double standerd.the major problem the Christendoms in Nigeria are having today is the issue of not seeing anything bad in what our different churches do eventhough it runs foul of what the church preaches but will be in a haste to condemn the other which the person is not a member forgetting that Christ prayed that he wished that his body should be one,and Christendom is that body of Christ which our lord prayed that he should be one.a word is enough for the wise

but this is not new news in many deeper life churches in America. They do these and more at their weddings. i don't get, you are talking of divine judgement and whatever. Are you saying that God is against what has been done? Are you saying Kumuyi should act as a clog in the wheel of the son's wedding or what? There are different administrations but one spirit. the way a church is being administered may differ from location to location. The important thing, or like my deeper life friend on the forum puts it, the ESSENTIAL things are what should be held on to and earnestly contended for. Not fighting tooth and nail for wedding gown or no wedding gown. They have their lives to live, you can't/shouldn't force a horse to drink water.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 3:45pm On Jun 20, 2013
dare2think:

I know, he was a normal boy with 'worldly' traits, can't fault him on
that. It was the Tv issue that got me. They had Tv when majority of the
members were allergic to it becuase his dad may have instructed them.

the tv thing might have been from the 70s, when deeper was founded.

the kids were born in the 80s, i assume, its possible the church had relaxed the doctrine somewhat by the time they were old enough to know what a tv was.

and the original injunction could have been for the initial adults in the church, watching tv is not mandatory.

just guessing here.

tv is not do or die, when i was younger my grandma was not deeper yet she never had a tv and whenever we went to the village, we didnt watch tv for the duration of our stay there.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 3:47pm On Jun 20, 2013
@ the wedding gown thingy- what exactly is wrong with a plain wedding dress if that's what a couple prefers [and its cheaper too]?

arent the fancy wedding dresses the same ones being used anyhow and rubbished these days by the twenty goats on okada crews?

should i pull up the threads?
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by dmjshyne(m): 3:51pm On Jun 20, 2013
Still Don't Know Exactly What To Say...I Just Hope This Heralds Many More Lively And Sensational Weddings In Deeper Life

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by taju4free(m): 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
God bless the Union!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by HARDDON: 3:57pm On Jun 20, 2013
asui kpo kpo!

in wanton wonderment.

Kudos for standing up to what you bliv in!

and congratulations for a royal one.

the ministry is moving ...hehehe

I Rejoice with them dl members. lol

I knew that since they were able to over come the SIN BOX (television) restriction, they can over any other monumental ish.

this has blown the shapeless wedding gown out tru the windows too.

next is the Poverty mentality! cos i cannot bliv that the swagerliscious God, that lined the streets of heaven with Gold would give birth to kids with such mentality.

that is not been modest rather mockery to God's purpose and plan.

it is not not been modest it is failure to exploring the principle of sowing and reaping.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by nikkyshyne(f): 4:00pm On Jun 20, 2013
Vanneni: O that. I duno 4 dem o. BTW I'm good. cheesy How boutchyu gurl?
I am doing great muffin kiss
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by dacoolvik: 4:05pm On Jun 20, 2013
I hav been following d pics sinc morning wen i first saw it. I hav also read a lot of comments abt it n dis is wot i hav to say..
If d girl was from anoda church, i wld hav understood. Is there a diff marriage commitee for dis particular couple cos of their parents stance in d church? Sinc dey decided to wed them in d church, i xpectd dem to go by d rules which dey had followed for yrs. If not d pastor's children involved, wil d commitee wed a couple looking very decent with wedding gown n make up? Without turban? I like d bold step taken by his son n wife. I am sure a lot of members will follow suit.
I hav always wondered if they cant even wear a nice white suit instead of d pleated skirt. Now, i know better. Do not idolize or follow any pastor bt let JESUS be ur standard!

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by gebest: 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
babyosisi: I rushed in to see her dressing
Chai
These people sef
See the way deeper life mandates their members to dress but Kumuyi's son is wedding and I see berra wedding gown makeup and earrings
Looks like the rules don't apply to the owners
The same way kumuyi married in a flash after his wife died but members have to wait on committees and years to go by before God approves the union
o girl you no well lo, meanwhile i like the way the bride smile.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 20, 2013
All the members that wedded while wearing Cele gown will be angry now

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Reference(m): 4:08pm On Jun 20, 2013
Look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith.

Chase men around and forever be surprised. No man can do it long enough, consistently enough. Read your bible. David's sons were not like him, neither Abraham's sons, neither Solomon's sons and so forth. We are all saved by grace. No man is worth following. They are just mediums.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 4:10pm On Jun 20, 2013
rati ken: Someone correct me if am wrong but I cannot see Pastor Kumuyi in any of the pictures. Maybe its too early to assume John had his consent. We need to hear the church's response to this before making assumptions. Besides, the write-up indicated the wedding was in a deeperlife church but omitted the location.
Personally, I think there is more to what i read. This man of God cannot boldly spearhead negations to long standing doctrines even if he is indifferent to John's position or disposition. Even he wants a change, I would not expect him to start it with his son.

I am only scared that this issue if not properly handled will negatively impact the youth of that church who still see things in black and white. The rebellion will be uncontrolled... and they might end up with wrong choices in a bid to negate the doctrines forced on them. No matter how we look at it, those doctrines have no negative impact on our societal values but the opposite might.

For the records, I disagree with lots of the doctrines.
Pastor Kumuyi is in the OP's picture with the wife. Even if he no gree, courtesy demands that he should be there na. If he no come, my people go still complain. And i know it is something Kumuyi can do. It's also a deeper life church from the story. There are very fine deeper life churches even in Nigeria. You need to see one at Port Harcourt, and even the one they are building at Gbagada. They do these things, just that they are not freaked or consumed with them. Perhaps, people need to be more educated about this people or something, everything is strange even to lazy onesw in the denomination. But i thought with all the live broadcast that Kumuyi does to open their eyes, they should be more open minded now. If Kumuyi laugh sef, some people will be offended and leave. They just want him in their mould like they are his god. i've heard people gnashing their teeth for normal things like kumuyi using a glass pulpit, to using wireless microphone, to walking around while preaching, to not wearing suit to preach, to preaching at his wife's burial, to marrying another wife after the first id dead, If Kumuyi change Monday service to Tuesday, some people will quit the church. It's crazy, are you God? Kumuyi travels round the world, and is very aware of the happenings in his denomination and in other churches where he is gladly received. Haters will never visit his church since 1970 and will continue vomitting, while ignorant and lazy members would continue leaving. The church of Christ is marching on, and not even the gates of hell can do nada about it.

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by GboyegaD(m): 4:16pm On Jun 20, 2013
Henceforth, our Deeper Life sisters should be wearing wedding gown with veil to match instead of the turban and pleated skirt and blouse they usually wear.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by 2sign: 4:17pm On Jun 20, 2013
Kumuyi isn't even in the picture and that i doubt dt is deeperlife church.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jun 20, 2013
nikkyshyne: I am doing great muffin kiss
cool wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by EveryLadY(f): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2013
babyosisi: I rushed in to see her dressing
Chai
These people sef
See the way deeper life mandates their members to dress but Kumuyi's son is wedding and I see berra wedding gown makeup and earrings
Looks like the rules don't apply to the owners
The same way kumuyi married in a flash after his wife died but members have to wait on committees and years to go by before God approves the union

Please do not say what you do not.i know a lot of trendy deeper life church members. One need to be acquainted with these stuffs well enough before you can be sure.you will never know by your neighbors comportment alone

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Jun 20, 2013
This is what happens when you follow MEN, the Church of GOD is led by Jesus Christ not Kumuiyi or Adeboye or whoever.

It is not the GS or GO of Deeperlife and RCCG who set the standards for holiness in the body of Christ, it is GOD himself who sets the standards, and this holiness is all about the heart not what you wear , what you eat or how to look.

The hypocrisy in all this as I am sure all can see, is that though we agree this is a beautiful wedding between 2 wonderful people, the deeperlife members seems to be paying emphasis on dress rather than heart. This is why people view them as fanatics, they strain at gnats and swallow whole camels.

In another article these same people condemned a sister because she applied some make-up and wore weaveons , now they are shocked to see this member of their church with permed hair , make-up and even earrings, which in my opinion is wonderful, but for them is a huge embarrassment.

Let us wish this couple well and a happy life together, hoping that they will move away even further from legalism and embrace the freedoms that is in Christ.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by danny301: 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
onyinye_nnenna: I joined naira land just now cos I want to comment on this wedding picture my parents are deeperlifers and b4 u have a weddn in this church u must go tru a committe calld marriage committe full of hypocrites some of d tinz am aware of is high heels shoes for the bride is a sin, she must ty turban infact dis days some sisters put ribbon on d turban to make it modern,u must not buy ready made gown meaning it must be (cut and sew) no cake u hold bible istead of flower as the bride and u knw so many rules n regulation that drives many young members away the worst tin now is the guys in the church go outside to get married in oda church cos I no blame dem den no fit differenciate btwn (young sisters and old sisters)LMAO....infact many rules if I begin dey write al of una go scatter laff chai dis is the complete opposite of their wedd....some members perish as a result of lack of understandn

Several things have been happening in Nigeria, like Boko haram killing Innocent citizens, President Jonathan declaring emergency rule in 3 northern states, JTF killing both boko-haram members, Farouk Lawal hiding bribe in his cap, Asari Dokubo threatening Nigerians with war should they fail to return GEJ as President in 2015, First Lady (Patience Jonathan) dying and resurrecting after 7 days, Governor Jonah Jang winning NGF election with 16 votes against Ameachi's 19 votes etc and you didn't deem it right to join Nairaland to comment but because Pastor Kumuyi's daughter in law wore wedding gown and make-up for her wedding you left everything you were doing and rushed to register in Nairaland to make caricature of yourself thinking that you are making caricature of Pastor Kumuyi and Deeper Life.

What will you gain even if the whole members of Deeper Life deviate from their doctrine? Would that make you a better person if you aren't not one? I don't belong to Deeper but Pastor Kumuyi remains one Nigerian Pastor that i hold in high esteem because of what he stands for. People like Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Church are the reason why Christianity (Church) is still a little bit different from the entertainment industry in Nigeria today..... Pastor William Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Church deserve some credit for the role they played and are still playing in the Body of Christ (Church) in Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by opechy(f): 4:31pm On Jun 20, 2013
Oh ye commentators! I beseech u all to remember the part of the scriptures that says"touch not my annointed and do my prophet no harm". Am sure u don't wanna post a comment and catch a cab 2 hell from there. Mind ur biz n live ur lyf d way u want it. Leave other pple's affair

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by EveryLadY(f): 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
onyinye_nnenna: I joined naira land just now cos I want to comment on this wedding picture my parents are deeperlifers and b4 u have a weddn in this church u must go tru a committe calld marriage committe full of hypocrites some of d tinz am aware of is high heels shoes for the bride is a sin, she must ty turban infact dis days some sisters put ribbon on d turban to make it modern,u must not buy ready made gown meaning it must be (cut and sew) no cake u hold bible istead of flower as the bride and u knw so many rules n regulation that drives many young members away the worst tin now is the guys in the church go outside to get married in oda church cos I no blame dem den no fit differenciate btwn (young sisters and old sisters)LMAO....infact many rules if I begin dey write al of una go scatter laff chai dis is the complete opposite of their wedd....some members perish as a result of lack of understandn

mission accomplished.can u pls de-register now.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 20, 2013
danny301:

What will you gain even if the whole members of Deeper Life deviate from their doctrine? Would that make you a better person if you aren't not one? I don't belong to Deeper but Pastor Kumuyi remains one Nigerian Pastor that i hold in high esteem because of what he stands for. People like Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Church are the reason why Christianity (Church) is still a little bit different from the entertainment industry in Nigeria today..... Pastor William Kumuyi and his Deeper Life Church deserve some credit for the role they played and are still playing in the Body of Christ (Church) in Nigeria.

"Neither be you called masters: for one is your Master, even Christ. 11But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. 12And whoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted. " - Matthew 23:11

Mark 9:35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, "Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all."

Mark 10:43 Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant,

Luke 22:26 But you are not to be like that. Instead, the greatest among you should be like the youngest, and the on

Bottom line, look unto JESUS and not Pastor this and Pastor that.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by solar007: 4:39pm On Jun 20, 2013
Vanneni: I've heard Pastor Kumuyi say that he never instructed any one not to use TV. I'm guessin it's all those their state overseers that came up with that rule. I strongly believe Pastor Kumuyi isn't a pretender.
I have never consider TV as an issue in the church, it only depends on your pastors. I have TV, wear Jeans etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Woman Denies Husband Sex, But Cheats With 16 Men, Sends Nudes To Them / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.