Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,079 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:14 PM

Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) (128723 Views)

Stepmum Ties 2-Year-Old Girl For Soiling Herself (Photo) / A Hilarious Question To A Man Or Woman That Has 10minutes Left To Tie The Knot. / Did You Seek Spiritual Guidance From A Prophet Or A Whali Before Tying The Knot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by EnnyP(f): 12:06am On Jun 21, 2013
tpia@:

did i say your mother's pastor is your pastor?

i asked, why are you abusing the pastors?

where in her post did she abuse pastors??
chill na. haba!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 12:56am On Jun 21, 2013
Godbest: i feel like crying when i see people making comment like dis... we behave childish and talk without thinking.... why dont you ask your self this question before opening ur mouth to say rubblish
1 have u ever seen or heard pastor kumiyi putting rules on dressing
2 where on earth do u heard him say u should not dress good and sweet for your wedding
3 on which message have you heard him say dont wear wedding gown or stylish suit for wedding
similar rumour was made about tv.. but today we knew dat deeperlife have it own tv station and channel
please let be very careful with what we hear and say so dat u wont become the mariam in d Bible dat leprosy come upon wen she gossip MOSES
IF YOU ARE NOT SURE Y SAY IT OR PROPAGATE IT
THE CHURCH ONLY ENSURE THAT PEOPLE DONT WERE TRANSPARENT DRESSES AND BODY OPEN DRESSES DOING WEDDING AND EVENT
There is no such rule as u people say DEEPER-LIFE MEMBER TO ME ARE BETTER thinker, economist than we are, because they think beyond
I PERSONALLY HAVE A RULE NEVER ON EARTH TO TALK ABOUT ANY PASTOR....because in the Bible it a sin and it attract GOD WRATH
I KNOW U WONT WANT GOD WRATH IN 2013
U seem not to get why pple r fuming here.if pastor k never said anything abt a bride wearing gown or dressing well on her wedding day yet he c's it often,weds them often and know that pple leave to other churches to wed bc of d set rules an regulations in his church but kept quite and never addresd d issue,to me that a go ahead nod.
Let me tell u,dis will make some of them go astray if u get what I mean.most ladies will feel betrayed."So durin my time I can wear mary amaka but ur children can wear designer gown.is this not betrayal of d highest order?
I personally like as they r evolvin but they should carry d congregation along too.
And pls forget that wrath of God thing. God's way will never be our way.stop elevatin humans (invariably worshipn) to godly position. Let me ask u,as a christian if u r one,don't u know u r a priest?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by bigpastor(m): 1:34am On Jun 21, 2013
I guess john has gotten what he desired Even his father dressed casually, the suit and trouser not same colour. To me this speaks volumes All weddings last but for a day, the marriage lasts a lifetime.
Why then all the pomp and vanity.
Today evil is usually eulogized.
(A Nigerian leader who is a man impersonated as a woman to escape from the UK was celebrated in a church service.)
I don't envy the pomp and vanity. This reminds me of David (a Man after Gods own heart) and the pleasure-seeking Solomon his son who loved outlandish women Neh 13:26, 1 Kings 11:1;
john you are on your own.
You're of age.
If I were you I would have spared my father all theses unwarranted criticisms.
Since d wedding is just for a day.
I guess the heart of your father bleeds on yr behalf
None the less I wish u all the bestand that God restores you

No matter wat anyone says, pastor kumuyi remains d greatest blessin to my life. Sometimes I look back wen I am prayn to God n I always thank him for bringn me up in dt church. Sometimes I cry cos I miss my pastor so much...I miss him as a father in my life...he taught mw every tin I knw...principles of success (I ws d best grad doc in my sch)...he tot me abt holiness (my boyfriend too ad a deeper life background) so chastity n holiness was easy for us..we stl say it to date dt our upbringing in dt church is one single most important common factor dt hs helped us stay strong....pastor kumuyi tot me to b very conservative n to stand out frm d crowd...I love him so much.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ohpeyemi(m): 1:50am On Jun 21, 2013
i have been on Nl for over 5 years without making any comment. This will be my first comment on NL. The sensitive nature of this thread however warranted it. i have carefully read people's comment on the topic and i really bleed in my heart. i started going to dl when i was 4 till some few years ago. while in dl i saw hypocrisy in it real form and how people are being deluded with different traditions and doctrine of men.
They lay heavy burden on people while they will not lift any with their little finger. I have seen people that were suspended because their children had this kind of wedding not even as elaborate as this(even pastors). The church members needs to rise up and demand for the suspension of the GS or demand for a public apology for those that have been disciplined for this type of so called offence.
This is nothing but blatant hypocrisy and double standard of the highest order. They teach another thing and act otherwise. please do not be deceived. know God for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ohpeyemi(m): 1:53am On Jun 21, 2013
big pastor: I guess john has gotten what he desired Even his father dressed casually, the suit and trouser not same colour. To me this speaks volumes All weddings last but for a day, the marriage lasts a lifetime.
Why then all the pomp and vanity.
Today evil is usually eulogized.
(A Nigerian leader who is a man impersonated as a woman to escape from the UK was celebrated in a church service.)
I don't envy the pomp and vanity. This reminds me of David (a Man after Gods own heart) and the pleasure-seeking Solomon his son who loved outlandish women Neh 13:26, 1 Kings 11:1;
john you are on your own.
You're of age.
If I were you I would have spared my father all theses unwarranted criticisms.
Since d wedding is just for a day.
I guess the heart of your father bleeds on yr behalf
None the less I wish u all the bestand that God restores you

No matter wat anyone says, pastor kumuyi remains d greatest blessin to my life. Sometimes I look back wen I am prayn to God n I always thank him for bringn me up in dt church. Sometimes I cry cos I miss my pastor so much...I miss him as a father in my life...he taught mw every tin I knw...principles of success (I ws d best grad doc in my sch)...he tot me abt holiness (my boyfriend too ad a deeper life background) so chastity n holiness was easy for us..we stl say it to date dt our upbringing in dt church is one single most important common factor dt hs helped us stay strong....pastor kumuyi tot me to b very conservative n to stand out frm d crowd...I love him so much.

you are a fake deeperlifer,
real deeperlifers don't have boyfriends.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by pheranmmy(f): 2:09am On Jun 21, 2013
undecidedAv read many comments,but time nd power wnt permit me 2 go on,as obvious as it is,dis weddin does nt conform in anyway wit deeperlife's standard 4 marriage,but am glad it happened,cos al does our blind folded eighteenth century parents will start seein tins frm a ligther nd more civilized angle,*4 t̶̲̥̅̊ħě records*,av saved dis,nd my mum is definitely goin 2 see it.I just hope dis standard will be accepted nd imbibed here in nija,den I can hope 2 av a colourful weddin,if nt hmmmmMmmmmm angry :-,I keep my fingers crossed.HML John
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by simple2004(m): 2:16am On Jun 21, 2013
i remembered a message by pst kumuyi in late 80s or early 90s titled 'God unchanging standard in a changing world'.he preached that the world will continue to change but the standard of God never change.though we are in the world that is changing the position of Gog towards sin will remain unchanged.the only thing that is permanent is change. even now adays change itself is changing.if john decides to do his wedding the way he likes, it should not be generalised as the stand of the Deeperlife Church in the way marriage should be conducted. we children of nowadays want to do things in our own way. we are a different generation. iam sure if pst kumuyi want to do wedding today he will still do it the way he did it before that one doesn't mean his son should not do things different from the way his dad did his.i was a catholic but left when i was in ss3, my father was the church president and very influential in the church. it was considered an abomination, my mum even threatened to reject me as her child, but my father said since my behaviour has changed for better i should be left alone.today my mum herself does not attend catholic church. life has thougth me that we will CHANGE at one point in our life.we are in the world and as christian, we are not of the world. the world will change so also human being.if we stand on the word of God and not precepts of men we will overcome.John , enjoy your honeymoon im sure you are a romantic guy.feel free to experiment with any style during ur honeymoon.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by OluwaMichelle: 4:20am On Jun 21, 2013
WARNING... LONG ARSK REPLY AHEAD grin tongue haha pardon me bikonu.

So I totally just joined NL just so I can comment on some of the misconception that has been said about my dear pastor Kumuyi/the church... I've been in this church long enough to know what is and isn't - since I was like 4yrs old, and I'm pushing 30 now. I consider myself Kumuyi's pikin lol, that's my dad yo! One thing that cannot be taken from him is his genuine teaching of holiness and bible doctrines (I went back to Deeper Life just because of GS messages, nothing else. Even though ppl look at me and make their assumptions, I could care less. I go to Deeper Life for my own spiritual reasons, I have been around this U.S of A and not come across anyone preach the word like Pastor Kumuyi, he is one of the real deals), plus the fact that my parents are pastors in the North America region, as well as uncles and aunts. I say all of these so you guys will know that my ties with this church runs deep, that been said, let me go into what I have to say.

Facts #1, most of the BS church "standards"/rules were not directly from the GS. The real culprits, or like many people so not-so-delicately put it on this thread "hypocrites", are the Leaders and Members alike, mainly Leaders. They are the ones making up most of these rules and then say it is church standard, and sadly it is out of ignorance, lack of exposure/understanding of the word of God, out of eye-service for man. And a lot of these issues in the church would not be so rampant if not for the "yes sir" or follow-follow mentality affecting our people in the churches. Most people aren't willing to challenge their local/regional leaders, they count it as "we will follow what we are told". it is sad really and it's not even a deeper life issue, it's an African inferiority complex, to idolize ppl (I cannot stand that nonsense).

Fact #2, the region you worship contributes a whole deal to the things you are "allowed" and "not allowed", this one has always been my utmost problem with the church. Why is DLBC in New York able to do one thing, but the ones in Texas isn't (vice versa) or any other region in the U.S? Are we not all under the same church standard? Why is it okay for Deeper Lifers in the diaspora to have attachments and dress in a way that our brethren in Nigeria/Africa not "allowed"... Although that issue had been addressed by the GS, but why are the pastors/leaders in Africa holding their members to standards that aren't ordered/supported by the GS?
My point is the mentality of some of these pastors is very limited, even the school educated ones are making nonsense rules, holding on so dearly to the rules they were held to when they were in Nigeria. I'll never forget my first DLBC wedding in America, imagine the sadness that came over me watching someone that was my age mate (and friend at the time) walk down the aisle with her husband wearing a freaking T-shirt under her wedding gown, with a bolero (KAI, e pained me). And the Pastor ordering the limo they rented to leave. No decoration for the hall used, no cake, no dancing... ppl just sat at the table looking. My friends from other churches that came to the wedding still refers to that day and rebuke the devil. Till date that was the most depressing wedding I ever witnessed.

So you see my people, we can go on and on about what you think/believe DLBC is or what Kumuyi stands for but I want you to know this much, the amt of error being passed down is not from the GS and he has tried to clear it up so many times and some people says he's backsliding. So what should he do? The only consolation is that Kumuyi won't stand for any of the leaders under him, neither will he stand on behalf of his members. At the end of it, you are on your own on the judgement day. Let Holiness be your watch-word and stop doing follow-follow and eye service. Do your job as a christian (search the scriptures, know the word let the holy spirit be your teacher and example and stop depending on your district pastors to tell you what is not/is sin/worldly in regards to bible. I leave you all to this response below...

frosbel: This is what happens when you follow MEN, the Church of GOD is led by Jesus Christ not Kumuyi or Adeboye or whoever.

It is not the GS or GO of Deeperlife and RCCG who set the standards for holiness in the body of Christ, it is GOD himself who sets the standards, and this holiness is all about the heart not what you wear , what you eat or how to look.

The hypocrisy in all this as I am sure all can see, is that though we agree this is a beautiful wedding between 2 wonderful people, the deeperlife members seems to be paying emphasis on dress rather than heart. This is why people view them as fanatics, they strain at gnats and swallow whole camels.
...embrace the freedoms that is in Christ.
Well Said! I've never met a group that put so much emphasis on outer appearance than our beloved DLBC brethren but like someone else said when we realize that "Church Principles does not equate Bible doctrines, the more meaningful our Christian journey would be." and I couldn't agree more!

#OkI'mDone >_< I don talk too much

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 4:25am On Jun 21, 2013
I've never met a group that put so much emphasis on outer appearance than our beloved DLBC brethren

what a huge lie.

either that or monumental ignorance.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by DrBaby(f): 6:57am On Jun 21, 2013
ohpeyemi:

you are a fake deeperlifer,
real deeperlifers don't have boyfriends.

U make me laugh....bt I knw wat u mean....tho its wierd bt am quite comfortable calln him boyfriend...he is my fiance, we r engaged, av done introduction and d wedding date is few weeks away. It might interest u to knw am one of many few girls who neva had a bf till mayb 24yr....I just kpt lots of male friends...I do not usu wanna say this bt I respect myself a lot n do command a lot of respect frm guys.
No matter wat u call ur partner, its wat u do in a rel dt matters. He neva ad a girlfriend cos funny thing is he is a very principled guy n believe things shld be done
At d right time. We focused on ur studies n wen we wanted to start d relationship, we felt we were spiritually sound enof n do not need to be registered under any committee as we needed to be free wt each oda...aftaral no committe wl live wt us wen we get married. My mum is in d committee, n so was his aunt n so we tot we cld always ask for help wen needed.
If ur relationship is nt registered under d committee in DL no matta wat u term it...it is bf/gf in der eyes. I am happy to say he is my bf...as far as I knw wat I do in it glorifies God. We av bn five yrs together n kpin strong n cant wait to tie d knot...God has bn so faithful to us.
I am just nt into dos committee things, I try to live my christian life in rel wt God n nt follow d doctrines esp if I am nt comfortable n cant follow it to d letter.
I tried dating a guy initially n d moment I realised he wasnt really convinced abt his christian life I left him tho I loved him so much...I do nt mess wt my christian life n I do nt follow doctrines either...wt my background in d church I av been well groomed such dt even if I stop goin to d church...I stl keep my core values...my parents too trained me well....so dear weather I call him bf or not...its wat u do in a relationship dt matters...
We r both grown-ups, christians n both of us r doctors...and I think its nt out of place to be in a relationship at this point.

6 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ojjp: 8:12am On Jun 21, 2013
Well, mayb is confirmed a virgin since they believ d white gown is meant 4 virgins. But wait, change is a constant thin.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by busolayemi: 8:34am On Jun 21, 2013
I don't get the problem with deeper life rily...d church would have been one of the most loved church around cos of their stand on holliness...and believe me or not people appreciate these teachings but they just tahe tins to the head...okay imagine dis...a family frd of mine got married earlier in d year, her mum is a choir in the church and she was getting married to a deeper life bro, she also attends the church...the only challenge been that her father attends a different church...the father insisted the wedding must take place in his church (which the lady herself loved and confided in me cos she didn't want the satin material wedding too)....to cut the story short, d church gave er an option of going to the registry which she gladly took...buh to my surprised, the mother and the couple were disciplined bcus she wore gown to the registry...not even the church...I mean, sum tins dnt jst make any sense!!!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by kcjazz(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2013
OluwaMichelle: WARNING... LONG ARSK REPLY AHEAD grin tongue haha pardon me bikonu.

So I totally just joined NL just so I can comment on some of the misconception that has been said about my dear pastor Kumuyi/the church... I've been in this church long enough to know what is and isn't - since I was like 4yrs old, and I'm pushing 30 now. I consider myself Kumuyi's pikin lol, that's my dad yo! One thing that cannot be taken from him is his genuine teaching of holiness and bible doctrines (I went back to Deeper Life just because of GS messages, nothing else. Even though ppl look at me and make their assumptions, I could care less. I go to Deeper Life for my own spiritual reasons, I have been around this U.S of A and not come across anyone preach the word like Pastor Kumuyi, he is one of the real deals), plus the fact that my parents are pastors in the North America region, as well as uncles and aunts. I say all of these so you guys will know that my ties with this church runs deep, that been said, let me go into what I have to say.

Facts #1, most of the BS church "standards"/rules were not directly from the GS. The real culprits, or like many people so not-so-delicately put it on this thread "hypocrites", are the Leaders and Members alike, mainly Leaders. They are the ones making up most of these rules and then say it is church standard, and sadly it is out of ignorance, lack of exposure/understanding of the word of God, out of eye-service for man. And a lot of these issues in the church would not be so rampant if not for the "yes sir" or follow-follow mentality affecting our people in the churches. Most people aren't willing to challenge their local/regional leaders, they count it as "we will follow what we are told". it is sad really and it's not even a deeper life issue, it's an African inferiority complex, to idolize ppl (I cannot stand that nonsense).

Fact #2, the region you worship contributes a whole deal to the things you are "allowed" and "not allowed", this one has always been my utmost problem with the church. Why is DLBC in New York able to do one thing, but the ones in Texas isn't (vice versa) or any other region in the U.S? Are we not all under the same church standard? Why is it okay for Deeper Lifers in the diaspora to have attachments and dress in a way that our brethren in Nigeria/Africa not "allowed"... Although that issue had been addressed by the GS, but why are the pastors/leaders in Africa holding their members to standards that aren't ordered/supported by the GS?
My point is the mentality of some of these pastors is very limited, even the school educated ones are making nonsense rules, holding on so dearly to the rules they were held to when they were in Nigeria. I'll never forget my first DLBC wedding in America, imagine the sadness that came over me watching someone that was my age mate (and friend at the time) walk down the aisle with her husband wearing a freaking T-shirt under her wedding gown, with a bolero (KAI, e pained me). And the Pastor ordering the limo they rented to leave. No decoration for the hall used, no cake, no dancing... ppl just sat at the table looking. My friends from other churches that came to the wedding still refers to that day and rebuke the devil. Till date that was the most depressing wedding I ever witnessed.

So you see my people, we can go on and on about what you think/believe DLBC is or what Kumuyi stands for but I want you to know this much, the amt of error being passed down is not from the GS and he has tried to clear it up so many times and some people says he's backsliding. So what should he do? The only consolation is that Kumuyi won't stand for any of the leaders under him, neither will he stand on behalf of his members. At the end of it, you are on your own on the judgement day. Let Holiness be your watch-word and stop doing follow-follow and eye service. Do your job as a christian (search the scriptures, know the word let the holy spirit be your teacher and example and stop depending on your district pastors to tell you what is not/is sin/worldly in regards to bible. I leave you all to this response below...

Well Said! I've never met a group that put so much emphasis on outer appearance than our beloved DLBC brethren but like someone else said when we realize that "Church Principles does not equate Bible doctrines, the more meaningful our Christian journey would be." and I couldn't agree more!

#OkI'mDone >_< I don talk too much

Does it not bother you that the leaders do not obey the GS due to their overzealousness? I don't have a problem with this wedding but I know someone must have been suspended in the past for the dress and limo. When goalposts changes according to the personality involved then it shows a structural problem.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by PACHRIS(m): 9:58am On Jun 21, 2013
im a bornagain christian but i know some dl member go too extreme but to me this nothing but pulling down of what his father had built for long let deeprlife member come out and defend this mess. i know one day this will happen. im never a dl member nd i cnt be one due to dia hypocratical approach to issue i remeber some of them see me wearing jeans nd call me a backslideer see their gs daughter in law tourching her air. even my wife dnt do dat
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2013
i doubt deeper lifers would type the kind of illegible nonsense i'm seeing here.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2013
careytommy: I couldn't believe my ears when Kumuyi said he never barred his members from watchin TV.

Kumuyi never barred his members from TV. The TV has both negative and positive aspects. After teaching, some members threw away their TV and there is nothing wrong with that if you think your TV will cos you to miss heaven.

funnyx: The last straw was when my brother was heavily criticised for using a gulder key holder.
You no ready before! Even the dumbest knows that "Gulder" opener is to promote Gulder beer. How come you were promoting Gulder when you claim you don't take it? Ask God for forgiveness and go back to your Church.

There is no earring in that picture. You can see it better on this page:
http://www.weddingdigestnaija.com/pastor-kumuyis-son-john-kumuyi-marries-his-heartthrob/
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 10:13am On Jun 21, 2013
OlowoTee:
No, John is human. His father's righteousness wouldn't speak for him. And, until he repents, he is no different from every other church goers who do not have personal relationship with Christ.

I married in the Church and would never regret doing so...because my conviction isn't based on Church policies but Bible doctrines.

Really, it's understandable that to whom much is given much is expected, but Pastor Kumuyi cannot force his sons to be like him, right. At 72years old, he has lived an examplary life of Christ.. He has played his part and still giving his all. I would always RESPECT him as a Father and Mentor!

Everyone would definitely give account of his/her life to God. Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith.

Esin baba ko le gboomo la. smiley I wish I could translate this now..somebody help me cheesy

And if I may add, that wedding was modest. smiley

[size=14pt]Praise God! At last somebody made some sense to me![/size]
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by undigeh: 10:15am On Jun 21, 2013
babyosisi: I rushed in to see her dressing
Chai
These people sef
See the way deeper life mandates their members to dress but Kumuyi's son is wedding and I see berra wedding gown makeup and earrings.
Looks like the rules don't apply to the owners
The same way kumuyi married in a flash after his wife died but members have to wait on committees and years to go by before God approves the union
you cause me to zoom my eyes shocked into the pics in search of the alleged ear rings,what I saw behind the neck are also behind
the top of her head were nothing but the lighting electric bulbs for either illuminations or decoration purposes.

You only manage to express your resentment for the wedded couple and seek to draw people to your side against them.

People like you are responsible for many broken marriages today."look ibe lyk say yor husband de go out wit his secratri,i si dem fo one place i no blive my eye.I siam wit my eye korokoro. Hi no go stop unless u doam to ram too..."

GOD have mercy, this is the only intercessory prayer I can offer for now. cheesy cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by amanda2013(f): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2013
Na wao well its up to the members to learn. y shuold i take panadol for them afterall its non of my biz.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Wahala90: 10:48am On Jun 21, 2013

The problem is that, in every Church, there must be those that go over board and those who won't obey at all. You can't stop them. I do listen to Kumuyi preach. The centre of his message is holiness. In one of his messages, he was very clear that inward righteousness and outward righteousness is what God demands.

Some Questions:

- Was this wedding in deeperlife?
- Can Kumuyi practically stop his son from conducting this kind of wedding?
- Did Kumuyi himself wed this way, with make-ups, earring etc?
- Will God count Kumuyi's righteousness for his son?
- Can his sons' wedding stop Kumuyi from making heaven?
- Can anyone provide enough evidence (eg Video link) that Kumuyi has said one thing and done contrary?

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:56am On Jun 21, 2013
Willzkid:

where are OLAEDUGBO and HIGHYO when you need them

Do you really need me? This matter had already been addressed in the videoclip below. Make of what you may with it.

Here is a videoclip of the GS of Deeper Life Bible Church addressing the congregation on what are the fundamental principles of the kingdom life of faith. (From 30, 34 minutes into the message addresses the issue of marriage).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK4V0kKtxqo
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 21, 2013
To the dl members
Is this dress a sin or not? Self righteousness will lead many to Hell. I pray to God everyday to help me to do His will, if you like look like a slave all in the name of christianity and you are not doing the will of God, you are on your own. Just be moderate in your appearance.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by berbajiday(m): 11:20am On Jun 21, 2013
kufre2010: I'm still expecting kumiyi to come and denied that he didn't support this wedding. Double standard.
this ur gbagaun can't be denied tho
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by totalhouse(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Congrats to my brother John and his beautiful bride.Congrats to our beloved father, pst w.f. Kumuyi.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by ratiken(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Do you really need me? This matter had already been addressed in the videoclip below. Make of what you may with it.

Here is a videoclip of the GS of Deeper Life Bible Church addressing the congregation on what are the fundamental principles of the kingdom life of faith. (From 30, 34 minutes into the message addresses the issue of marriage).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK4V0kKtxqo

I watched this vodeo clip, this man is sincere... seems his leaders manufactured most these doctrines. That's what you get handing over open-ended (compromisable) doctrines to typical Nigerians who are ever ready to witch hunt their fellow beings.
Everytime I listen to this man, the message is clear on what he stands for.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by funnyx(m): 12:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
Wahala90:

Kumuyi never barred his members from TV. The TV has both negative and positive aspects. After teaching, some members threw away their TV and there is nothing wrong with that if you think your TV will cos you to miss heaven.

You no ready before! Even the dumbest knows that "Gulder" opener is to promote Gulder beer. How come you were promoting Gulder when you claim you don't take it? Ask God for forgiveness and go back to your Church.

There is no earring in that picture. You can see it better on this page:
http://www.weddingdigestnaija.com/pastor-kumuyis-son-john-kumuyi-marries-his-heartthrob/

He promote gulder with the keys in his pocket? The keys not even bought with his own money? Abeg park well jor!
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Image123(m): 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2013
ohpeyemi: i have been on Nl for over 5 years without making any comment. This will be my first comment on NL. The sensitive nature of this thread however warranted it. i have carefully read people's comment on the topic and i really bleed in my heart. i started going to dl when i was 4 till some few years ago. while in dl i saw hypocrisy in it real form and how people are being deluded with different traditions and doctrine of men.
They lay heavy burden on people while they will not lift any with their little finger. I have seen people that were suspended because their children had this kind of wedding not even as elaborate as this(even pastors). The church members needs to rise up and demand for the suspension of the GS or demand for a public apology for those that have been disciplined for this type of so called offence.
This is nothing but blatant hypocrisy and double standard of the highest order. They teach another thing and act otherwise. please do not be deceived. know God for yourself.
You saw hypocrisy in deeper life? i see hypocrisy in you. Hypocrisy is everywhere in every denomination. Jesus saw hypocrisy all His life, didn't hinder Him from a custom and lifestyle of going to the synagogue and the temple. You may need to die and go to Heaven so that you will not see hypocrisy oh. Was it right for the church to suspend people, or why are you also calling for a suspension? Do two wrongs make a right?
Proverbs 17:26 Also to punish the just is not good, nor to strike princes for equity.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Jun 21, 2013
I am dancing azonto! Chei!!!!! Do what I say but don't do what I do!!! Congrats to the couple.. Your wedding has open a new chapter in Deeper Life Church.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by hessojay: 1:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
What is it with all these complains? Do you believe in God or the church doctrines?

Note: No church can save you; only CHRIST can!

And if you love CHRIST, you'll do what please Him...
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by undigeh: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
[quote author=Wahala90][size=11pt]
The problem is that, in every Church, there must be those that go over board and those who won't obey at all. You can't stop them. I do listen to Kumuyi preach. The centre of his message is holiness. In one of his messages, he was very clear that inward righteousness and outward righteousness is what God demands.

Some Questions:

- Was this wedding in deeperlife?
- Can Kumuyi practically stop his son from conducting this kind of wedding?
- Did Kumuyi himself wed this way, with make-ups, earring etc?
- Will God count Kumuyi's righteousness for his son?
- Can his sons' wedding stop Kumuyi from making heaven?
- Can anyone provide enough evidence (eg Video link) that Kumuyi has said one thing and done contrary?

what I saw behind the neck are also behind
the top of her head were nothing but the lighting electric bulbs for either illuminations or decoration purposes.
Dont mind them bro.
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by amebor86: 2:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
all u Amebor people trying to steer up S**T.His wife DID NOT wear earings.. i dont now how small ur screens are.. enlarge the pictures and see for urself. and those uploading VID's of Pastor K's doctrines can like to get a job.
peace....AMEBOR wink
Re: Pastor Kumuyi's Son Ties The Knot (PHOTO) by tpia5: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
undi-geh:

you cause me to zoom my eyes shocked into the pics in search of the alleged ear rings,what I saw behind the neck are also behind

You only manage to express your resentment for the wedded couple and seek to draw people to your side against them.

People like you are responsible for many broken marriages today."look ibe lyk say yor husband de go out wit his secratri,i si dem fo one place i no blive my eye.I siam wit my eye korokoro. Hi no go stop unless u doam to ram too..."

GOD have mercy, this is the only intercessory prayer I can offer for now. cheesy cheesy

amen, amen, amen and amen.

the high level of bile is unbelievable in a human being.

as if she knows them from somewhere and they offended her.

imagine, she was even fighting me because i said the pictures she posted [to ridicule some couples] were actually very nice? I dont know why people cant caution themselves when they're going off the deep end.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / Can You Suck Mucus Out your Childs Nose With Your Mouth?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.