Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam (9123 Views)

A Detailed Look at Quranic Perspectives on the Honey Bee / A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / A Look At Islam’s Victory By Nonviolent Resistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by anonimi: 3:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Walexz02:
you wouldn't say that againg when you have done your assignment very well. Those who searched for the truth(Islam) have found it, and many are still converting to the religion of truth....
Salam!

If people can convert INTO islam why are they not allowed to convert OUT of islam

3 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Walexz02(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
dabrake: trying so hard to market your religion? aint interested.

by the way, I didn't read the whole article, just the topic.

*hope this isn't offensive to islam (this one maclatunji is viewing this thread)*
just imagine yourself! You did not read the write up and you just post a comment..is that not a foo.ols behaviour?
Did I just see you write " market your religion" up there?
Hahaha! Those who have turned their religion to bussiness (hence, there is need for marketing) know themselves.
Salam!
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by AlPicapcI(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2013
now i see why those countries like the north are still in deep shit.

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Walexz02(m): 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
anonimi:

If people can convert INTO islam why are they not allowed to convert OUT of islam
your problem is half/false knowledge and false knowledge they say is more dangerouse than ignorance". Bring forth your cooked proves and I shall help you re-cook them ok?
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by ehosoros(m): 4:07pm On Jun 21, 2013
@walex take it easy there is actually no need at all to insult anybody, try to live the 'PEACE' u preach.
(just imagine yourself! You did not read the write up and you just post a comment..is that not a foo.ols behaviour?
Did I just see you write " market your religion" up there?
Hahaha! Those who have turned their religion to bussiness (hence, there is need for marketing) know themselves.
Salam!)
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by amtalkin(f): 4:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
Marketing Islam!
Who is interested?
If you are pls contact the OP
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Msgamble: 4:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
@walexz, why nt learn about iran,iraq,saudi,pakistan etc they say'no proselytizing' even their citizen who covert 2 Xtianity av 2 leaves d country or face prosecution/lynch by mob..are u a learner

3 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by anonimi: 4:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
Walexz02:
your problem is half/false knowledge and false knowledge they say is more dangerouse than ignorance". Bring forth your cooked proves and I shall help you re-cook them ok?

Pretending won't help your cause.
You would do better to quote parts of the Koran that allows muslims to freely leave without being challenged by others.
Is that something you are willing to do
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by tunde233(m): 4:49pm On Jun 21, 2013
"...There are multiple legitimate causes for the muslim and in my opinion, a muslim should dedicate himself to one legitimate cause at least..." CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS IN THE LIGHT OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH IN OUR COUNTRY?

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by maclatunji: 4:58pm On Jun 21, 2013
tunde233: "...There are multiple legitimate causes for the muslim and in my opinion, a muslim should dedicate himself to one legitimate cause at least..." CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS IN THE LIGHT OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH IN OUR COUNTRY?

Reducing poverty, improving access to healthcare, engaging in the political process to help make Nigeria better. Educating the young ones to improve their chances of ascending the social ladder in future. Improving the standing of Muslims in the society etc.

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by JOYCEOUS(f): 5:01pm On Jun 21, 2013
am talkin: Marketing Islam!
Who is interested?
If you are pls contact the OP

too long a story.
Plz wat did he say ??
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Reducing poverty, improving access to healthcare, engaging in the political process to help make Nigeria better. Educating the young ones to improve their chances of ascending the social ladder in future. Improving the standing of Muslims in the society etc.

Yes I agree...

Historically all societies run firmly under Islamic rule have been beacons to the entire world

Even today, we look at countries operating under STrict Sharia law - Iraq,Iran,Afghanistan,Pakistan....even here in Nothern Nigeria...these are all very successful environments setting examples for other non-Muslims all over the world.

Allahu Akbar.

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by anonimi: 5:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
maclatunji:

Are these virtues exclusive to islam as a religion
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Caleboha(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Yes I agree...

Historically all societies run firmly under Islamic rule have been beacons to the entire world

Even today, we look at countries operating under STrict Sharia law - Iraq,Iran,Afghanistan,Pakistan....even here in Nothern Nigeria...these are all very successful environments setting examples for other non-Muslims all over the world.

Allahu Akbar.
Northern Nigeria, Afghanistan and pakistan- successful Backward, grossly uninformed and extremely biased opinion! You believe Northern Nigeria is successful even with all the recent happenings People like you have this nation to ransome for many years now, but your reign has ended! Blockk headd!!!

2 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by maclatunji: 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
anonimi:

Are these virtues exclusive to islam as a religion

Of course not, but this guy made an issue of it and err... It had to be broken down for him.
tunde233: "...There are multiple legitimate causes for the muslim and in my opinion, a muslim should dedicate himself to one legitimate cause at least..." CAN YOU EXPLAIN THIS IN THE LIGHT OF WHAT WE ARE GOING THROUGH IN OUR COUNTRY?

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by deols(f): 5:17pm On Jun 21, 2013
good write-up.

Everyone has to decide what it is their own role would be.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 5:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
Caleboha: Northern Nigeria, Afghanistan and pakistan- successful Backward, grossly uninformed and extremely biased opinion! You believe Northern Nigeria is successful even with all the recent happenings People like you have this nation to ransome for many years now, but your reign has ended! Blockk headd!!!

Mac please deal with this guy for such a brutal attack on my person....and more importantly, for not understanding the finer points of Sarcasm.

Thank you. kiss

2 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by maclatunji: 5:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Mac please deal with this guy for such a brutal attack on my person....and more importantly, for not understanding the finer points of Sarcasm.

Thank you. kiss

That is what you deserve for deliberately ignoring the UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Turkey, Morocco etc as countries that are doing great under Islam.

You sought to misrepresent Islam and got misrepresented as a result.

*In dramatic voice* Justice has been served.

Having #Fun today. tongue

4 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jun 21, 2013
maclatunji:

That is what you deserve for deliberately ignoring the UAE, Qatar, Malaysia, Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, Turkey, Morocco etc as countries that are doing great under Islam.

You sought to misrepresent Islam and got misrepresented as a result.

*In dramatic voice* Justice has been served.

Having #Fun today. tongue

Malaysia, Indonesia, and Turkey are NOT under Sharia law...

Morocco is not a successful country by international standards...

UAE and Qatar are forced to have areas where there are fewer Sharia restrictions

In any case, the guy insulted me cos he thought I was trying to launder the image of Islamic Societies...If you think that is 'Justice', then you are a true Islamic Scholar grin

I'm also having fun today grin

2 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Caleboha(m): 5:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Thank you. kiss
If you think you were being sarcastic, you weren't! You simply expressed the honest opinion of many northern muslims who suddenly lose every sense of objectivity once an issue bears a religious undertone. It becomes right to marry a 13 year old, stone a woman caught in adultery sparing the man, force amnesty down the throats of evil terrorists who don't want it....etc

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
Caleboha: If you think you were being sarcastic, you weren't! You simply expressed the honest opinion of many northern muslims who suddenly lose every sense of objectivity once an issue bears a religious undertone. It becomes right to marry a 13 year old, stone a woman caught in adultery sparing the man, force amnesty down the throats of evil terrorists who don't want it....etc

Dude do you need glasses? undecided

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by babestell(f): 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
Unfortunately with the evils commited by so many in the name of Islam. I doubt if a lot of people will buy this.

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
Walexz02:
You mean? Work very hard my left foot! Those who seek for trueth search for it. And those who searched for it have gotten it....
Salam!
like shakeu and osama and like mutallab.

3 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Olufonade: 6:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
anonimi: Did Muhammed marry a minor?
Will Islam changing society also allow men to marry nine year old girls and kill those who no longer want to practise their faith

I've always been surprised anytime I hear people accusing the prophet of married 9year old girl. They forget or don't know that Marry gave birth to Jesus when she was just 14years and besides she was married to a man (Joseph) in his 90s. for confirmation, google: how old was virgin marry when she got pregnant?
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by maclatunji: 6:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Malaysia, Indonesia, and Turkey are NOT under Sharia law...

Morocco is not a successful country by international standards...

UAE and Qatar are forced to have areas where there are fewer Sharia restrictions

In any case, the guy insulted me cos he thought I was trying to launder the image of Islamic Societies...If you think that is 'Justice', then you are a true Islamic Scholar grin

I'm also having fun today grin

Does the phrase "heavily influenced" mean anything to you?

I reverse your argument, Afghanistan and Pakistan are NOT under sharia law. Oya, say something new?

For the record, I am not qualified to be called an "Islamic Scholar". I just moderate here.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Caleboha(m): 6:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
Olufon-ade:

I've always been surprised anytime I hear people accusing the prophet of married 9year old girl. They forget or don't know that Marry gave birth to Jesus when she was just 14years and besides she was married to a man (Joseph) in his 90s. for confirmation, google: how old was virgin marry when she got pregnant?
Never knew your new holy book is google. Whatever happened to Quran and the Bible
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by tbaba1234: 7:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Actually, Mary was 12 according to bible scholars.

;
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Leksydemobolaji(m): 7:11pm On Jun 21, 2013
I don't know why some Pple find it difficult to keep mute, must you comment on abuse
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Emmaxx: 7:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
jackbauersballs:

Yes I agree...

Allahu Akbar.
A very FAT JOKE!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Language Barriers In Mosques / 12 Quick Ways For Parents To Inspire Manners To Their Children / How To Calculate Time For Each Daily Solat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.