Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam (9122 Views)

A Detailed Look at Quranic Perspectives on the Honey Bee / A Look at Leadership from an Islamic Perspective / A Look At Islam’s Victory By Nonviolent Resistance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 4:41am On Jun 22, 2013
cold:
Kafir (Arabic: كافر‎ kāfir, plural كفّار kuffār) is a denigrating Arabic term used in an Islamic doctrinal sense, usually translated as "unbeliever," "disbeliever," or "infidel." The term refers to a person who rejects God in Islam or who hides, denies, or covers the "islamic version of truth." The practise of declaring another Muslim as a kafir is takfir.
This aptly defines the word in question,and please I do not have the patience for your shenanigans or feeble attempts at sophistry in a desperate bid to shield what we already know is the truth

And the infidel in the Bible (corithinans) "don't be yoked wit the infidel, What has darkness got to do with light" means what?
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:25am On Jun 22, 2013
U09ce:
What do you mean by that? If you have nothing pertinent to write, you can go your way!

The Dark Ages were a 1000 year period of oppression and lack of scientific progress during the middle ages that were the result of religious institutions gaining power over the people.

This post is advocating the same thing for Africa. We need to be producing scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs, not clerics and powerful religious institutions.

What a coward Maclatunji is for hiding my non-offensive comment, but leaving up your response. I hope he knows how many people hate him on this site.

2 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 5:47am On Jun 22, 2013
BetaThings:

Try again
Israel is sterilising black Jews to stop them breeding
Yet you still love them!

who told you I love Jews? I'm an unbiased forumist ,both Jews and Arabs hate black(African) so you try again or you want me to flood the thread with videos of your masters abusing you ? Their pseudo muslims brothers

3 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by salt1: 8:04am On Jun 22, 2013
Walexz02:
you wouldn't say that againg when you have done your assignment very well. Those who searched for the truth(Islam) have found it, and many are still converting to the religion of truth....
Salam!
Converting and becoming Mike the killer!
If not that Maclatunji is in a good mood, I could've predicted this post will be hidden
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Msgamble: 10:20am On Jun 22, 2013
@Beta things,what?don't tell me that,after invasion of iraq by the US and many ppl convert 2 Xtianity,after US pullout we know ethnic/sectarian cleansing of covertees began,many were killed other flee to lebanon,UK,US,Grece in millions check wikipedia..they know the truth(CHRIST) while persecuting them
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by thehomer: 10:32am On Jun 22, 2013
No thank you. Looking around the world at the societies currently available, I'd rather stay in one that doesn't try to Impose Islam on everyone.
What sorts of changes to society have we seen with Islam? Well in Nigeria, we have some states that decided to adopt Sharia law and for some reason, it doesn't seem to have been doing them any good.

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by novicali: 1:34pm On Jun 22, 2013
BetaThings:

And the infidel in the Bible (corithinans) "don't be yoked wit the infidel, What has darkness got to do with light" means what?
It means that you should not short-change your spiritual standard to that of an unbeliever. It does not mean that you should hate the unbeliever, no you should love the unbeliever but never live the kind of life the unbeliever lives. The statement does not in any way suggest that one should carry out suicide attack or any act of violence against the unbeliever. No one has the right to eliminate any soul for no one created any soul.

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by novicali: 1:43pm On Jun 22, 2013
Uyi Iredia: There are always two sides to a coin.

Indeed I think Islam has noble objectives in calling adherents to a higher living. The unity (despite schisms as evident in the Shia, Sunni and Suffi split) is not in doubt. Islam redefined the geo-political boundaries of the Middle-East, Europe, Africa and Asia. That it spread quickly to Syria, Jordan etc after being birthed is not in doubt. The common religion became a rallying point for otherwise feuding tribes and their lords. This established Islamic hegemonies as well typified by the United Arab Emirates. I once stated to someone (who believed there was nothing good in Islam for obvious reasons) that some modern-day Islamic states are in fact a counter-point to that. Malaysia and Kuwait are examples that come to mind. There is an interesting video, here, wherein which the speaker talks about the role Islam is playing in building successful democracies. A quote from the author is worth considering:

You cannot change the crux or cores of Islam by modernizing it to align with the western kind of life, in that case, the essence and value or Islam has been altered. Micheal Jackson changed his colour from black to white, but the truth is that Micheal Jackson was and is a black pop star. The physical changes does not matter, weather moderate or modernized muslims, the doctrine of Islam makes muslims what they are.

“Many Muslims in Saudi Arabia believe that the core values of Islam, namely acknowledgement of God’s sovereignty and basic human equality before God, are themselves compatible with liberty, equality and free political choice.”
- Noah Feldman

As for negatives, well there is the case of persecution of atheists (as with Christians) killing of homo$exuals, and Islamic fanaticism, as commonly portrayed (possibly to the point of being over-stated) in the media. Of course, female emancipation is another woe that bedevils the religion. These negatives together constitutes the quandary the modern Muslim faces: how to keep core tenets whilst co-opting cultural elements of a world that is gravitating towards liberalism and secularism. Personally, I think Dubai is a good social experiment in this direction.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by vedaxcool(m): 2:01pm On Jun 22, 2013
wonderful write up! brilliant, one of the best for this year thaba.

correctthins well done, I see u labouring hard to guide those who fall into the category we must say rubbish If given the chance, that in it itself is a great task to do, imagine a thread advising Muslim that they can do more to the society, have gotten the coalition of Islamophobes all worked up. men I always they smh for unah.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Berrycutiee(f): 3:35pm On Jun 22, 2013
Idhina sirat Al-mustaqeem..it only takes †̥ђε̲̣̣̣̥ grace of AlLaH.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by anonimi: 5:11pm On Jun 22, 2013
Olufon-ade:

I've always been surprised anytime I hear people accusing the prophet of married 9year old girl. They forget or don't know that Marry gave birth to Jesus when she was just 14years and besides she was married to a man (Joseph) in his 90s. for confirmation, google: how old was virgin marry when she got pregnant?

Don't you think you are going too far by TRYING to justify Muhammed's paedophile behaviour by asserting without basis that Mary was 14 when she gave birth to Jesus

Have you read that she was enagaged-to-be-married to Joseph at the time of CONCEPTION (not birth)?

2 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:54pm On Jun 22, 2013
anonimi:

Don't you think you are trying too hard by TRYING to justify Muhammed's paedophile behaviour by asserting without basis that Mary was 14 when she gave birth to Jesus

Have you read that she was enagaged-to-be-married to Joseph at the time of CONCEPTION (not birth)?

They also forget that Muhammad was a 54 year old grandfather when he became engaged to her.

Mary and Joseph were much closer in age.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Msgamble: 9:21pm On Jun 22, 2013
Atleast,they are contribution suicide bomber(iraq)/arms,missile(syria) with suadi n qatar supporting killing of shia n iran,iraq support killing of sunni (both in syria)..imagine them calling eachother 'kafir'..too bad
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by tbaba1234: 2:57am On Jun 23, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

They also forget that Muhammad was a 54 year old grandfather when he became engaged to her.

Mary and Joseph were much closer in age.

Joseph was 90 years what are you talking about?
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by tbaba1234: 4:06am On Jun 23, 2013
anonimi:

Don't you think you are going too far by TRYING to justify Muhammed's paedophile behaviour by asserting without basis that Mary was 14 when she gave birth to Jesus

Why would you look at the 7th century with 21st century goggles. Just a century ago, the legal marriage age in the UK was 7 years old. That is 100 years ago.

In semetic culture, when a woman starts her menses she is a woman. According to the catholic encyclopedia, Mary was 12 when she had Jesus. That was perfectly normal. Would you also blame a 90 year old Joseph for marrying a 12 year old.

You guys display pure ignorance and hypocrisy

Do you think you can compare a young girl growing in the desert to girls carrying school bags today? Besides the fact that they are bigger, do you think they had to get secondary and tertiary education? Immediately, it was time for marriage, they got married. There was not much else to look forward too. It was a normal phenomenon and not one of the enemies of the prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) saw anything wrong with it. Not one raised an objection.

You now wear your 21st century goggles to examine a 7th century phenomenon. Ridiculous! The people best placed to raise objection did not.

Even in this age , 13 year olds get married, go to southern US. In New york, the official marriage age is 14. For many of us, we might have different guages for maturity but for the ancient jew or arab, once a girl starts her menses, she is mature. If you can investigate your own family history, you would find many 9-12 years brides in your family.I can guarantee that.

3 Likes

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Aigbehis(m): 9:03am On Jun 23, 2013
We all know that one religion is troubling this entire world; and everybody is in fear of them.
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 10:15am On Jun 23, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE:

who told you I love Jews? I'm an unbiased forumist ,both Jews and Arabs hate black(African) so you try again or you want me to flood the thread with videos of your masters abusing you ? Their pseudo muslims brothers

My master! Hahahaha
Alhamdu li Llah. I am a free born Nigeria, a muslim. I don't know what it means to have a master
I can say my mind to a white, black, president or whatever
Please flood the place with videos
Let us see video of any cameroonian who has ever hinted that Biya, a human being, has every erred and let us see the person's pic 3 months after
I dare you to express the type of opinion you propagate here or seek the type freedom you enjoy here in cameroon and let us see if you will not DISAPPEAR forever!
Uganda under Obote was a bastion of freedom/humanity compared to what you have in your police state

BTW everyone thinks they are not biased. It is human nature - self attribution
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 10:21am On Jun 23, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

The Dark Ages were a 1000 year period of oppression and lack of scientific progress during the middle ages that were the result of religious institutions gaining power over the people.

This post is advocating the same thing for Africa.
This is what propaganda does. You begin to lie openly
Quote one sentence that can be interpreted to mean what you claim here

bobthebuilder99:
We need to be producing scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs, not clerics and powerful religious institutions.
We need both! it is a false choice that you are presenting
If a scientist wants to get closer to God, why should it bother you?

bobthebuilder99:
What a coward Maclatunji is for hiding my non-offensive comment, but leaving up your response. I hope he knows how many people hate him on this site.
He is not bothered. If you infringe the rules, you should be sanctioned. Otherwise there will be anarchy!
People of certain orientation go around spreading hate. It will not stop the sun from rising

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 10:30am On Jun 23, 2013
anonimi:

Okay tell us the correct story. This is an opportunity for you to correct our misconception
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 10:41am On Jun 23, 2013
tbaba1234:

Even in this age , 13 year olds get married, go to southern US. In New york, the official marriage age is 14. For many of us, we might have different guages for maturity but for the ancient jew or arab, once a girl starts her menses, she is mature. If you can investigate your own family history, you would find many 9-12 years brides in your family.I can guarantee that.

Don't mind them. The prophet (SAW) got married in the 7th century. Both his supporters and enemies were there. Young and old people who knew the custom were there. nobody raised an objection.
Now in the 21st century, on this matter Christians want to go to court!!

The other day they railed against using water to clean up, saying it is primitive
I challenge anyone to mention a state where that is not done in Nigeria
Even Fela, then living in LAGOS, openly (without shame) endorsed it as an African practice
People listen to western propaganda for so long and start seeing themselves as foreigners and forget their roots

How many of them have stopped their cars and taken possession of an 8yr old hawking on the streets in the hot sun and rehabilitated him/her!
Or does such a girl not stand a grave danger of being molested?
Is that not child labour? Or is it because their opinion leaders have not focussed on it like Aisha matter?
Or is such rehabilitation not more beneficial and a loud demonstration of conviction than lamenting what was done according to Arab native law and custom 1400 years ago?
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 23, 2013
muslim in action in public buses and metro this hate speech is in france yet they wonder why the world hates them .......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbVksEZdvbQ&list=PL069A908ACEC95521
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 11:31am On Jun 23, 2013
Msgamble: @maclantunji, What? I don't understand d point here? You qouting catholic encyclopedia? When in the BIBLE we know MARY has been engaged 2 JOSEPH 4 many year.are u telling me she was 5yrs when they got engage..n dis doesn't eplian 7yrs union in ur book..barbarian

Ok give us enlightenment. Let us stop wallowing in ignorance. Should not be too difficult to do now.

BetaThings:

Okay tell us the correct story. This is an opportunity for you to correct our misconception
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Msgamble: 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Beta things/mac,it u that need 2 explain 2 us here,even the Jewish tradition didn't refer 2 MARY as a girl but woman/maiden when she was engaged 2 JOSEPH(90? atleast a wife/son/grand son)does he have any then..so why is ur information coming from(salafist?)..u need credible source..stop saying all this gibberish..explian marrying 7yr baby(not even a teen yet)? Stop blaming others 4 ur 'lapses'
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by BetaThings: 2:36pm On Jun 23, 2013
Msgamble: @Beta things/mac,it u that need 2 explain 2 us here,even the Jewish tradition didn't refer 2 MARY as a girl but woman/maiden when she was engaged 2 JOSEPH(90? atleast a wife/son/grand son)does he have any then..so why is ur information coming from(salafist?)..u need credible source..stop saying all this gibberish..explian marrying 7yr baby(not even a teen yet)? Stop blaming others 4 ur 'lapses'

we have stated what we know. You say it is wrong
That is fine. It is now left for you to tell us the correct version and cite your source
Bring your credible source(s)
If you don't correct us we will be left with no choice but to continue saying "gibberish"
Like I said

BetaThings:

1 Like

Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by Msgamble: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2013
@beta thing,i thing researching on 'JESUS Jewish backgroud/tradition' on site lyk wikipedia would more good rather than harm to ignorance
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by tosin2013: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2013
@Msgamble, I just did! Citing several ecumenical sources wikipedia (d biggest source of info on d planet) gives virgin Mary(may Allah b pleased with her) to b bethrothed at age12!
Joseph was waiting for d consummation of d marriage when she gave birth to Jesus(AS) roughly a yr later!

I hope d religious bigots can search wikipedia rather than spewing lies about!
Re: A Qualitative Look at Islam: Changing Society Through Islam by tbaba1234: 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

The Dark Ages were a 1000 year period of oppression and lack of scientific progress: during the middle ages that were the result of religious institutions gaining power over the people.
:
This post is advocating the same thing for Africa. We need to be producing scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs, not clerics and powerful religious institutions.

You Mean the European dark ages, Because those dark ages did not exist in muslim lands.

Infact, when europe was stuck in a dark age, muslim lands under islamic rule were thriving. And many of the brains were also religious clerics.

Too many people are uneducated in history.

Read about Islamic spain and ancient baghdad.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Language Barriers In Mosques / 12 Quick Ways For Parents To Inspire Manners To Their Children / Islam And The Meccans' Religions Before It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.