Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22991 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by sambos994(m): 12:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
And for all who don't see what Keshi's doing. Just go on youtube and search "nigeria vs cape verde", then compared it to this match. See the progress and forget about the scoreline. Football pundits had nothing but praise for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by bravetentewa(m): 12:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Nigeria Did tremendiously well.....infact the level of confidence and maturedness displayed by the super eagles was astonishing....our outting with spain was encouraging though we lost, we had ŊO̶̷̩̥̊͡ bettr optn....

Hw do xpect to win a team like Spain with (8 barca players,2 madrid players) where as Nigeria has (1 chelsea player, Enyeama n 9 moving objects).

We Did well.....was really proud of nigeria.

ℓ̊ Love M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ Country.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 12:59pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^^ and wat will it be if all those chances are converted

u see people like winger and ferguson wouldnt like to see that

now think again

the same way when j jay was looking for contract in english league they all look the other way

imagine if winger signed him dem lipsrsealed

my guy never under estimate the igbo spirit
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by pappythinko(m): 1:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Ideye is the second leading scorer in the Ukraine league. Supposedly one of the top 10 leagues in the world!

http://www.football-lineups.com/tourn/Ukraine_league_2012-2013/Stats/

Shows you the quality of Ukrainian football grin grin grin
yeye man you no dey tire?? abeg leave our team alone joor.Shame wouldn't allow some of ur fellas to cme n talk about confederations cup when ur country is yet 2 tke part in one(I'm not sayin u'r shamelex).I salute ur courage though.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 1:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

as for the ghana must go crew; there is always high tension power line to grab
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ikeyman00(m): 1:10pm On Jun 24, 2013
@@@

now just remembering the last chance in that match missed by sambo

kia

can u see urself missing dat

Allest that can happen is shooting wide

guess wat he could even get hold of the ball in the first place

this summon everything

yes go tell us there are 100 bar and 1 real madrid

na 2day
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Princek12(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Personally I think Musa should be relegated to the role of an attacking midfielder because he has pace and can outrun most defenders. Mikel should be more of a defensive midfielder, but should be allowed to overlap and attack occasionally.

ideye should be axed. He is nervous in front of goal.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by pappythinko(m): 1:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
larimo: [size=14pt]Osaze, a striker, has scored 9 goals in 55 appearances in 11 years for the Eagles, while Mikel, a deep-lying midfielder, has scored 4 goals in 51 appearances in 8 years.

Why all the fuss about Osaze's coming back?[/size]
For Westbrom under Roy Hodson i would have nodded along but not in the green white green colour.. I am sure you do not know much about football.He plays on the wings(especially right)...
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by gbishman: 1:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
i dnt think nigeria needs a foreign coach, i think keshi jst needs to work on his ego,pride and tolerance. U see we lost this match because the players who in earnest had all the skills required to come tops in the championship but lacked the leadership touch as seen in the poor coordination of players. I feel if Yobo was to captain the team he definately would have coordinate them internally and we would'nt have had the our defence had. Mickail isnt a leader rather his a good follower. So keshi needs to wrk on himself to become a better coach and have behind his mind that Country is much more important than everytin else even if a player insults u, provided he apologises u should shelve malice and and move along for the good of the country. Thats my take
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by logica(m): 1:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
gbishman: i dnt think nigeria needs a foreign coach, i think keshi jst needs to work on his ego,pride and tolerance. U see we lost this match because the players who in earnest had all the skills required to come tops in the championship but lacked the leadership touch as seen in the poor coordination of players. I feel if Yobo was to captain the team he definately would have coordinate them internally and we would'nt have had the our defence had. Mickail isnt a leader rather his a good follower. So keshi needs to wrk on himself to become a better coach and have behind his mind that Country is much more important than everytin else even if a player insults u, provided he apologises u should shelve malice and and move along for the good of the country. Thats my take
Lol. Yobo? Are you his agent? We dey speak of injecting young talent you dey yarn Yobo. No be only Yobo, na Zobo. And I don't know the match you watched, but Vincent Enyeama and not Mikel was the captain.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Arnoldo(m): 1:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

UEFA goals?? In the Europa league?? I could score in the Europa league or against teams in Ukraine. grin grin grin grin grin
where are you when your mates are scoring..are you saying small boys play in europa 4geting dat mancity,athleticomadrid,benfica,totteham played there and manutd play there 2012
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Arnoldo(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Learn to spell. You failed. The USA got to the final vs. Brazil last time and they don't even care about football. You were beat by 34 year old Forlan and 32 year old Scotti who is past his best. Tahiti scored on you. Against SPain you attacked but could not score. In the end I am so embarassed!! Once again the USA in CONCACAf got to the final. Egypt beat Italy last time even though it was a weakend Italy... The only team you beat was Tahiti... How is that success. They have one professional footballer. The rest are unemployed or climbers, mechanics etc etc. A mechanic scored on your professional keeper and out jumped your professional defender.
which country are u from self let me knw what ur country doing when nigeria lifted the nations cup..probably u were on 2months sleeping programme in ur country and failed 2 appear in the nations cup pls go back to sleep

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 2:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
gbishman: i dnt think nigeria needs a foreign coach, i think keshi jst needs to work on his ego,pride and tolerance. U see we lost this match because the players who in earnest had all the skills required to come tops in the championship but lacked the leadership touch as seen in the poor coordination of players. I feel if Yobo was to captain the team he definately would have coordinate them internally and we would'nt have had the our defence had. Mickail isnt a leader rather his a good follower. So keshi needs to wrk on himself to become a better coach and have behind his mind that Country is much more important than everytin else even if a player insults u, provided he apologises u should shelve malice and and move along for the good of the country. Thats my take
Did you watch our opening Afcon match against Burkina Faso? I doubt.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Ola007(m): 2:22pm On Jun 24, 2013
A bit more work on the team is needed.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by flyforall: 3:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
The way our boys played spain, I'll say ther is quality in the team and room for improvement. In short we need more concentration at the back and more deadly striking force.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by rayamayo: 3:23pm On Jun 24, 2013
the team is good but would be much better with one or two strikers
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by babzynkyahoocom(m): 3:27pm On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: 1) Only team to allow Tahiti to score. Remember Tahiti's team has only one professional footballer. The rest are like you and me.

2) Exit in the group stage.

3) Less respect for African football.

Grade: E
You need a terrible slap. Does your country Ghana has these? And besides, what is african football, when we play beautiful game. Disqualified at group stage, but why was Ghana not represented? Be respectful to your elders, if not, you will be stunted.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by uglybetty: 3:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Naija, dey day wey u win, u dey good,but dey day wey u loss u no good. Me and you know that our buys can never beat Spain. Common, this boyz are good.lets encourage them and wellcome them.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Faroqk(m): 5:28pm On Jun 24, 2013
We need the big boys!!!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Faroqk(m): 5:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
Faroqk: We need the big boys!!!
Let keshi know, you don't play Spain with the likes of Musa and Gambo!!!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by varrd4real(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
nuff sed, keshi took a growing team to the conf. cup. Till dier last game, dey played well with good attempts, only that those attempts were not converted 2 goals. Its an experience for the young lads, giv dem a break. u cant hav finished goods without them being passd thru a process. I bet u dat dier next foriegn game wud b more productive w a difference seen in their performance.
besides finishin.....#nuffin do keshi team
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 5:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
Faroqk: Let keshi know, you don't play Spain with the likes of Musa and Gambo!!!

You must have watched a different game. Musa gave the Spaniards problems all night long.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by emmydee(m): 8:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi is myopic in his team selection.It's really funny to believe he went to Brazil with
such players in his team.
LET me advise the handlers of this team on choice of players:

Enyeama,
Ejide,
Efe Ambrose,
Ogude,
Oboabona,
Omeruo,
Onazi,
Mikel,
Joel Obi,
Ajagun,
Kayode Olanrewaju,
Emenike
, Mba
Oduamadi
Umar Aminu
Odemwige
Victor Moses
Victor Nsofor,
Bright Dike
Ike Uche
(from U-17 Ramon Olamilekan AZEEZ,Edafe EGBEDI,John FELAGHA)
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:06pm On Jun 24, 2013
emmydee: Keshi is myopic in his team selection.It's really funny to believe he went to Brazil with
such players in his team.
LET me advise the handlers of this team on choice of players:

Enyeama,
Ejide,
Efe Ambrose,
Ogude,
Oboabona,
Omeruo,
Onazi,
Mikel,
Joel Obi,
Ajagun,
Kayode Olanrewaju,
Emenike
, Mba
Oduamadi
Umar Aminu
Odemwige
Victor Moses
Victor Nsofor,
Bright Dike
Ike Uche
(from U-17 Ramon Olamilekan AZEEZ,Edafe EGBEDI,John FELAGHA)
Please die!!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by micfoley: 10:31pm On Jun 24, 2013
The first thing everyone must understand is that Keshi used this competition to experiment, esp in attack. This is understandable given the stage of evolution the team is at present. Obviously our attack was the weakest link- failing to convert chance after chance. Ujah, Akpala, Babatunde and Gambo have proved that they r not Super Eagle materials at this time. I'll b surprised if any one of them gets invited anytime soon. Ideye has good link up play but is not clinical in front of goal. Musa is very direct and threatens with his pace but has poor decision making, poor ball control and a suspect final ball. I hope to see a front 3 of Oduamadi,Emenike and Moses with Ike Uche just behind. On d bench shd b Musa, Anichebe, Odemwingie and Mba. I expect Keshi to use his man mgt skills to bring back Anichebe and Osaze cos there is no player that does not want to play in the World Cup!
The heart and soul of d midfield is Mikel! My fear is that we r too reliant on him. What will happen to us if he is marked out or becomes injured as it was b4 the last world cup? Keshi shd seriously look at complementary or alternate players like Haruna Lukman, John Ogu or Joel Obi.Onazi was sorely missed and I really look forward to seeing Gabriel Reuben play again.
Our defence did fairly well but looked a bit shaky when Omeruo left the pitch against Spain. Specifically the defence has to learn how to maintain full concentration for 90mins or more. In the goalkeeping dept , Enyeama and Ejide look very capable
As a team, we really have to learn how to make use of set pieces. It was painful watching us waste freekick after freekick and corner after corner knowing that other teams need just one or at most 2 of these to score. This seems to be an age long problem cos Chris Ohenhen in the late 80's is the only Nigerian player I recall scoring regularly frm freekicks.By the same token we also have to defend set-pieces professionally so we don't concede cheap goals as we did against Tahiti and Spain [last goal].
All in all , it was not a bad performance but we know we can do better. At the World Cup next year, I believe we will!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 10:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
^^Has Osaze apologised for insulting his national team coach and teammates?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 11:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Rossikk: ^^Has Osaze apologised for insulting his national team coach and teammates?
Even if he apologises we don't need him.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 11:17pm On Jun 24, 2013
In our last match before the confed cup, Obabona scored a free kick Beckham will be proud of. How he was never allowed to take a single freekick in this tournament, I will never know. It's baffling!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by emmydee(m): 12:03am On Jun 25, 2013
Where are isaac success, christantus, kelechi iheanacho etc?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by sambos994(m): 12:16am On Jun 25, 2013
It surprises me when people are clamouring for Odemwingie. He isn't relevant in this team, either you get used to it or not. I can't believe people are calling for people who failed us in 2002-2010. Can't we have common sense?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:05am On Jun 25, 2013
emmydee: Where are isaac success, christantus, kelechi iheanacho etc?
Preparing for U17 world cup nesxt month. Duh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Kenyan, Emmanuel Naibei Wins Lagos City Marathon 2021 (Photos) / Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday, They Look So Alike / Arsenal Offer £40m Plus Three Players For Wilfried Zaha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.