Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22988 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Symdy(m): 9:02am On Jun 24, 2013
He is building a gud team but shud learn hw 2 manage pple like osaze, yobo etc
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by back2sender: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2013
Super eagles is not keshi's personal property!!!!!!

Keshi has to call back Osaze and a few other guys to beef up the attack.Keshi also needs to improve his knowledge of the game. This squad has promises but they are notyet there

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by hardbody: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2013
4chi:

Now you know the IMPORTANCE of a deadly striker in a team. Now you know that without YEKINNI the so called westerhof eagles is nothing. But like everything Nigerian, he was frustrated and humiliated out of the squad by KESHI and his mafia group. Now let him manufacture his own striker.

So you would have wished for Yekini to still be playing for Nigeria till date? We have strikers, but they are all down with injury. I have a level of confidence in this team. You know a good team by their ability to create scoring chances and utilizing them effectively. These guys created enough scoring chances and very close on several ocassions. Let them continue to play together to improve. Appropriately beefed, SE will be the African team to win the world cup.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:04am On Jun 24, 2013
camelus:
U Pple have started again,for the past 10 yrs they have been there what have they achieved?
I wonder! Big boys indeed. Key players my arsè.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:06am On Jun 24, 2013
Gguy4real: Although nigeria play a good and decent football under this man keshi but he should stop receiving money from this players for him to have a say if they flop look at ideye gambo akpla and some other flop players like that, I have been expecting this because he shouldn't have select akpala and ideye in the first place what happen to our inform strikers such as kalu uche micheal emenaro and others like that, is this what nigeria will play in next year 2014 world cup.
Kalu Uche was invited, he claimed injury. Eneramo would have flopped too and YOU would have been asking why Akpala or Ideye wasn't invited.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by back2sender: 9:07am On Jun 24, 2013
valenti12: Keshi should bring himself down and stop feeling like one world class coach. Try conviencing our key players to come play for the country and not calling their bluff.
this sums up the way i feel. thanks for this 1derful comments
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:08am On Jun 24, 2013
People are very funny, the same internet coaches who kept singing for Keshi to invite Akpala and Ujah on Kickoff.com and other sites have changed their lyrics to include some other players.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by enujekorjoseph: 9:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Good overall, we need to work on our defensive lapses though. One minute of loss of concentration can make all the difference(as seen vs. Uruguay. Mikel was a boss in the midfield with his killer passes, totally underrated by Chelsea(I think he should move to Gala so he can be more free to do what he does best) Mba was good. Elderson has improved greatly. Ambrose is great with his skills and linking up with attack but NEEDS to improve and defending. Most of the goals came from is side. Musa is improving and is killing teams with his pace. He's getting better with his crosses, but a little more work would make the cut. Omeruo was missed in the match against Spain. Enyeama made some great saves for Nigeria (he shouldn't leave yet). Our strikers were the problem. Don't put Ideye on the field unless he's with Emenike. Gambo flopped. Akpala tried..but..eh. Oduamadi our only good striker was injured. So considering the fact that we were missing five key players(Oduamadi, Moses, Emenike, Kalu Uche, and Onazi) We did pretty well. I mean, Keshi had no choices really. Sam wants to play for Germany, Anichebe doesn't want to play now, Ezekiel for Belgium. But he shouldve invited Lukman, Eneramo, some people that are scoring goals. Overall, we played well.

This My Nairaland friend has analyzed the whole thing the way I should have analyzed mine, this is beautiful! Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by back2sender: 9:11am On Jun 24, 2013
successking: The poor performance of the team is as a result of trial and error method of Keshi on the ground that he has absolute right to invite any player he likes, thereby disgracing a whole continent.
another comment that i love.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by kodewrita(m): 9:16am On Jun 24, 2013
1. Quite unfair bringing in Gambo on the last day, he should have played against Tahiti. I still want to see us allow Nigeria's top domestic league striker some time to hit his stride in the national team.
2. Musa shoom stick with wing play and should stay away from that 18 yards box. he doesnt have that final finishing ability.
3. I dream of a 4-5-1 with mikel as its arrowhead. he has that ability.
4. Uwa Echiejile was on form throughout the tournament and deserves proper credit for it.
5. Keshi should overcome his pride and reinvite Odemwingie. the Super Eagles are above even the coach's pride.
6. Obaobona deserves commendation for handling Torres efficiently.
7. Mba has lost it.
8. Akpala, Babatunde and ideye need to be caned. Ideye particularly.
9. Ideye should be a second striker feeding a main striker. He's not main striker material. AFAIK
10. Enyeama also performed well.
11. Oduamadi was performing well until the injury.
12. Ogu can do better. I just feel he needs to overcome his anxiety and accept that he is now a full member of the team.
13. Onazi would have been a boon to this team.
14. What in the world has happened to the Kalu Uches of this world?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ektbear: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2013
mikelreal: twas a gud performance, what we lacked were gud strikers. good ball possesion, precise passing etc

I watched the Nigeria/Uruguay game. I'm not even a soccer fan, but I was appalled at how poor our passing is. Just very sloppy stuff.

Anyway, regardless of how poorly Nigeria played, I enjoyed watching the team. Hopefully we will have more success in the future.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by back2sender: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Learn to spell. You failed. The USA got to the final vs. Brazil last time and they don't even care about football. You were beat by 34 year old Forlan and 32 year old Scotti who is past his best. Tahiti scored on you. Against SPain you attacked but could not score. In the end I am so embarassed!! Once again the USA in CONCACAf got to the final. Egypt beat Italy last time even though it was a weakend Italy... The only team you beat was Tahiti... How is that success. They have one professional footballer. The rest are unemployed or climbers, mechanics etc etc. A mechanic scored on your professional keeper and out jumped your professional defender.
This na word oooo
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 24, 2013
Our fullbacks are very poor positionally....

Ambrose was to blame for Forlan's goal

Eichejile was to blame for Alba's 2nd

Oboabona and Omeruo are showing great promise

But Ideye,Mallam Gambo, and Akpala should be donated to Somalia

Musa just needs training... He reminds me of a young Walcott-we've all seen Walcott mature this season

Mikel is just wonderful...I would take him over Oscar at Chelsea- I hope Mourinho was watching

Ogu/MBA need work but not too bad

Keshi should learn from this experience as the Top European sides are ruthless in competitions
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:17am On Jun 24, 2013
back2sender:
another comment that i love.
Bros go and sit down! Those players you want invited had their chances what did they achieve? They made us super chickens.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by timecop28: 9:22am On Jun 24, 2013
I was very proud of the team i watched yesterday. We were able to balance possession against the 'almighty Spain' and the midfield battle was tight. Most of the players did very well regardless of what some hihly demanding fans among you might feel. Musa had a good game, the chap that replaced Omeruo also did well so we didn't miss him much.
Ideye on the other hand has a very good ball movement, good at tormenting the defence but poor in finishing. I believe all we need now is a good finisher with Ideye remaining in the 1st eleven. Lastly, Huge huge ups to MIKEL. He was absolutely fantastic in the 3 games. I believe now we can look forward to a satisfying performance at the 2014 World cup.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:22am On Jun 24, 2013
Spanish Coach: Vincent Del Bosque
‘Nigeria have a very dynamic style of playing and they were really going for the win in the first half but we had a bit more control in the second period,”.
‘The humidity here is incredible but I think we both have very technical players who can control the game and that meant at times we were able to conserve energy.’
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by kambah(m): 9:23am On Jun 24, 2013
Wiz-Prince:
You want to beat Spain with 'Ideye, Musa, Muhammed, and some other poor football rate home-based players'? Are you a learner? #Keshi

According to our Nigerian Analyst, Sunday Oliseh, The truth is that we needed our Nigerian foreign-based players who has courage, physical strength, force, skill and are well minded to Play a country Like Spain.

Nigerian Football can never improve if this politics is not removed. I think there are some players in Nigeria who plays football more than those present super eagles players but not called because they don't have finance/sponsors.

But Above All, Mikel is my best player in the world. Quote me wrong and i'll tell you to go hug transformer.

You've said it all my guy, Ahmed Musa flop throughout, Ideye also nd make should be given exact role, offensive midfielder nt defensive, is like Chelsea are killing Mikel potential
I DON WAKA!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by timecop28: 9:25am On Jun 24, 2013
ekt_bear:

I watched the Nigeria/Uruguay game. I'm not even a soccer fan, but I was appalled at how poor our passing is. Just very sloppy stuff.

Anyway, regardless of how poorly Nigeria played, I enjoyed watching the team. Hopefully we will have more success in the future.
"You are not even a soccer fan" so i can understand.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by pappythinko(m): 9:30am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014: Issac Success should have been brought!! Surely he's better than Ideye!!
You are spot on... Am glad you still remember Isaac success's performance at the last U'17 championship especially against our noisy neighbour. I should inform the 'big boss' on the need to fast track success into the senior team. But is He trully ready for the bigstage??
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by timecop28: 9:32am On Jun 24, 2013
back2sender: Super eagles is not keshi's personal property!!!!!!

Keshi has to call back Osaze and a few other guys to beef up the attack.Keshi also needs to improve his knowledge of the game. This squad has promises but they are notyet there
The same players that failed to qualify us for the World cup and ordinary nations cup?? This same Keshi built his own team..I repeat, his own very fresh team..and against every odd, he won the nations cup with this same team. Why can't u just give the man a break?!! undecided
Na u for go coach the team na..

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by obayaya(m): 9:35am On Jun 24, 2013
I think Nigerias performance can be summed up in ESPN's Bennet words.
m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=relegationzone&id=1059&wjb

I'll give keshi a pass mark for trying to build a team with ambition from our own leagues.. it's evident that our problem up front are all these overrated foreign based striker.. akpala, Musa, ideye.

the midfield combination is good.. Mikel bringing his unheralded Chelsea experience to give vision to a midfield comprising of home based players..

our defence is something that surprised Me. omeruo is gradually becoming an important part of this team, the boy reads the game perfectly. our problem in defense is still the foreign based full backs that sometimes lost concentration and fail to return from their overlaps leaving the center back exposed.

I think keshi did a very good job

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by danthamccoy(m): 9:36am On Jun 24, 2013
We need Osaze back, simple as that. With the football we played yesterday, we could beat any team in the world bar Spain - IF we had people to convert our chances. You can never have strikers/wingers like Babatunde, Akpala and hope to go anywhere. Even Shola Amoebi or Anichebe would have been better.
Keshi's pride irritates me. If he were Italy's coach he would probably have frozen out Balotelli.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by omo9ja1(m): 9:39am On Jun 24, 2013
I think the future is bright, we need to allow this boys to grow like men they make us proud, overall I will say experience will be good for them, also to finish the job well done Super Eagles and God bless Nigeria
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by timecop28: 9:40am On Jun 24, 2013
How easy for all of you to analyse. This shlda been invited, that shlda been called. If 'IFS' and 'BUTS' were goodies and chocolates, we will all have a merry xmas. You same folks were nagging about the 'big boys' not been committed back them so they shld be booted out of the team..Now u are advocating for their return.
Two things that go together..."Nigerians & Hypocrisy"
I tire for una o.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 24, 2013
"Its a learning curve for us,we need more experience" - keshi speaks on confederations cup exit. . . . http:///Zm0kYHcroX0
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by pappythinko(m): 9:41am On Jun 24, 2013
[quote author=smoothcrim2014]

Ghana has had a depleted squad for years. In fact we have never been able to put Essien, Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Muntari, Gyan etc etc on the pitch at the same time.

There is no evidence the players you were missing would have made a difference.

Emenike? He scored 5 goals in Russia! Victor Moses. He only scored 1 goal in the EPL.

And Emenike was topscorer at the last Afcon. Moses weighed in some goals n assists, and u have chosen to be blinded by sentiment.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by danthamccoy(m): 9:46am On Jun 24, 2013
kodewrita: 1. Quite unfair bringing in Gambo on the last day, he should have played against Tahiti. I still want to see us allow Nigeria's top domestic league striker some time to hit his stride in the national team.
2. Musa shoom stick with wing play and should stay away from that 18 yards box. he doesnt have that final finishing ability.
3. I dream of a 4-5-1 with mikel as its arrowhead. he has that ability.
4. Uwa Echiejile was on form throughout the tournament and deserves proper credit for it.
5. Keshi should overcome his pride and reinvite Odemwingie. the Super Eagles are above even the coach's pride.
6. Obaobona deserves commendation for handling Torres efficiently.
7. Mba has lost it.
8. Akpala, Babatunde and ideye need to be caned. Ideye particularly.
9. Ideye should be a second striker feeding a main striker. He's not main striker material. AFAIK
10. Enyeama also performed well.
11. Oduamadi was performing well until the injury.
12. Ogu can do better. I just feel he needs to overcome his anxiety and accept that he is now a full member of the team.
13. Onazi would have been a boon to this team.
14. What in the world has happened to the Kalu Uches of this world?

Er, apparently he scored 23 goals for his club last season. Not a striker?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by dojumav: 9:46am On Jun 24, 2013
Wait where is victor mosses, emenike, odemwinge, martins... Naija i hail de always in the same state at FIFA level... Musa try sha
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by wazobiaN9(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

we will invade you first!

LOL...

I work in Ghana... your people ain't got the guts for brave stuffs pretty much in multiple spheres. You already feel invaded by Nigerians. So stop making this ridiculous noise. We both know the truth *wink*
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2013
dan tha mccoy: We need Osaze back, simple as that. With the football we played yesterday, we could beat any team in the world bar Spain - IF we had people to convert our chances. You can never have strikers/wingers like Babatunde, Akpala and hope to go anywhere. Even Shola Amoebi or Anichebe would have been better.
Keshi's pride irritates me. If he were Italy's coach he would probably have frozen out Balotelli.
What did your Osaze do for us when he was playing? Did we qualify for AFCON 2012? World cup 2006? We were called super chickens with Osaze in the team. He has 9 goals in 10 years, what is he supposed to do now at this age and lack of playing time with his club?

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Komedy(m): 9:52am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi has d rite to invite any player he wants and any good coach wud call an arrogant player's bluff,yu xpect him to beg anichebe or kalu uche? No way.dis is keshi's team,he started d buildin,he's still building and wen d structure stands,it will be a wonder to bhold.and yes d super eagles is keshi's property.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Appeals Over Tax Fraud Verdict / Chelsea Considering Sending Charly Musonda On Loan After Instagram Controversy / Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday, They Look So Alike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.