Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,235 members, 7,836,130 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22989 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2013
While I agree our attack was our major problem, our defence was not that good either. Apart from the goals they conceded, they were exposed too easily throughout the tournament. We need to look at it too.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ratiken(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2013
I was impressed by SE's style of play.
Keeper - we can always count on enyeama at least for now ... I'll rate him 70%
Defence - Echiejile and Oboabona has really improved compared to their early AFCON performance. The Omeruo - Oboabona pair hasnt been entirely awful, they deserve to be given more playing time and they'll be our best CB pairs in the near future. Ambrose didnt perform badly, impressed with his break runs but he needs more confidence and should improve on his dispossession techniques. I'll rate yesterday's performance 50% cos Omeruo was absent for the most part
Midfield - Mikel has consistently proved his critics wrong, outstanding world class performance if you ask me, his work rate commitment and efforts has been a big boost for the team spirit. My only comment for him will be that he does less of the back passes when playing for SE as the play revolves around him most times. We Onazi back by all means. Mba is an average player and wont hurt to have him on the bench for the world cup. An addition of Joel Obi and consistent exposure for Ogu in the world cup qualifiers wont hurt the team. I'll rate yesterday's performance 75% just because of Mikel
Attack - I would have used the word awful but I must make mention that Musa's game improved a bit yesterday. But our world cup team cant be built around an inconsistent strike force. Ideye, Gambo, Babatunde etc has proved to all they have no place in this emerging team.I'll generously rate yesterday's performance 21% cos of Musa's improved perf. I can bet that a strike force with Moses, Emenike, Odumamadi or one of the uche brothers would dealt Spain a surprising blow.
Overall, I am happy with the team Keshi is building as long as he has a concrete plan. Once we finally get the right strike force, we should be good to go. The team spirit and discipline has been its best in a very long time. And if keeping Osaze out will sustain this discipline and spirit, may he never be contacted.
One more thing, Keshi needs to build his bench.

4 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Peterboy1(m): 8:21am On Jun 24, 2013
pls fellow Nigerian we should ignore all this attention seeking Ghanians, if they wannna criticize us first of all they should go and create there own forum,then we will know that they are serious but for them to come on a naija forum and be talking all shits its nt acceptable,SEUN i thought this is for Nigerians alone? is it our fault that Ghana hv never played a confederation cup? is it our fault that we are the current AFCON champs, haters will always hate but we are the African champs. if u no like it go drink cement.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by valenti12(m): 8:22am On Jun 24, 2013
Keshi should bring himself down and stop feeling like one world class coach. Try conviencing our key players to come play for the country and not calling their bluff.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by kstyle2(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2013
If ghana is so gud,y didnt dey represent africa?abi u tink say d competitìon na show of ugly jerseys?i mean who makes jerseys 4 u guyz?my peeps ova here cnt stop laffin at d local tinz u dudes kal jerseys.wen fifa rankinh coms out,wait n c hw 9ja wil rise.dey there dey dull*using brymo's voice*
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:23am On Jun 24, 2013
iamdsam: We would have done better in our first game. In the remaining two games, I saw determination in most of our players. The only player I really have serious problem with is Musa. He's a bad player. I wonder why Keshi still kept him in our remaining two games. Maybe it's politics. I don't know
Are you serious? Without Musa our attack would have been none existent, we won't even be talking about missed chances because there would have been no chances at all!

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by searay(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2013
I watched that match from start to finish. The guys played well IN MY OWN OPINION. What should be injected into the team is a clinical finisher>>PERIOD<<
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by 4chi: 8:25am On Jun 24, 2013
onitshaigbo: Nigeria really had good chances to score in both the Uruguay game and the Spain game. They just couldn't finish.

I'm confident that we'll do much better next year in the World Cup.

Now you know the IMPORTANCE of a deadly striker in a team. Now you know that without YEKINNI the so called westerhof eagles is nothing. But like everything Nigerian, he was frustrated and humiliated out of the squad by KESHI and his mafia group. Now let him manufacture his own striker.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 8:26am On Jun 24, 2013
ginas: This is the best Naija Team since the 1994 squad. This team can go places, they just need to address the top striker position as well as the right side of the defence (all goals conceded in the conf was for that side).

The team will mature with time and learn from their mistakes I believe.

Nice job KESHI

They're even better than the 94 squad. The 94 team were never this comfortable on the ball. This SE team, it is so hard to dispossess them of the ball.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Rossikk(m): 8:28am On Jun 24, 2013
collynzo2: Are you serious? Without Musa our attack would have been none existent, we won't even be talking about missed chances because there would have been no chances at all!

Ahmed Musa has become far more deadly. His final pass and cross has improved in this tournament. I can see some really top clubs fighting over this guy in the coming weeks.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Sike(m): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2013
I can't say one now.... because i don't want it stated that it's another.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ZEALMAN(m): 8:29am On Jun 24, 2013
k.style:
If ghana is so gud,y didnt dey represent africa?abi u tink say d competitìon na show of ugly jerseys?i mean who makes jerseys 4 u guyz?my peeps ova here cnt stop laffin at d local tinz u dudes kal jerseys.wen fifa rankinh coms out,wait n c hw 9ja wil rise.dey there dey dull*using brymo's voice*
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Cashio(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Food for thought...just incase we go world cup
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by collynzo2(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2013
Spanish press is full of praise this is from Marca.com
Nigeria proved to be the toughest foe Spain saw in
the group stage, even though the African
champions were unable to find the back of the net
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by charlesm91(m): 8:30am On Jun 24, 2013
jostking: @naijaboy4life

You talk of messi contributing little or nothing to the argentine team, that's not true, messi is argentine's overall highest goal scorer surpassed only by gabriel baptistuta with only few goals. Messi contribution to the argentine team is quite evident in his accurate passing, effective runs and numerous assist. Please watch every argentine game before you come out with such a damning conclusion about the argentine wizard.
how many goals has messi scored in fifa organised tournament barring wyc 05 ? Heck even neymar is doing wonders already with an average squad ranked 22nd. Super eagles nid mix of foreign n local talent as evidenced in the deficiency of our strke force
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Adek15(m): 8:31am On Jun 24, 2013
Overall The team is improving, mikel was great in midfield, musa & ideye tried bt lacks real quality. We played realy well (especially in d 1st half). Kudos 2 keshi bt we need @least 2 gud strikers cos we should av scored 3 goals b4 spain's 1st if we had real quality strikers.. for d idea of foreign coach, if nff tries it, then 9ja realy knows its bane
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by camelus: 8:33am On Jun 24, 2013
Forza p: Inexperience!truth be told we still need our BIG BOYZ in dis team,players like osaze,yobo&martins. seriously we still need their experience to add 2 dis team,also keshi shld learn hw 2 manage players ego,if italy cud manage BALOTELLI why cant we manage osaze or yobo?overall average performance sha
U Pple have started again,for the past 10 yrs they have been there what have they achieved?
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by ifyfaith: 8:39am On Jun 24, 2013
y all this argument btw ghana and nigeria? is this ghanaland or nairaland
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Gguy4real: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2013
Although nigeria play a good and decent football under this man keshi but he should stop receiving money from this players for him to have a say if they flop look at ideye gambo akpla and some other flop players like that, I have been expecting this because he shouldn't have select akpala and ideye in the first place what happen to our inform strikers such as kalu uche micheal emenaro and others like that, is this what nigeria will play in next year 2014 world cup.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by bibinwaka: 8:42am On Jun 24, 2013
d earlier super eagles of nig. realise dat football is all abt scoring goals and nt ball possesions d beta 4 dem.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by hardbody: 8:43am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Ghana has had a depleted squad for years. In fact we have never been able to put Essien, Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Muntari, Gyan etc etc on the pitch at the same time.

There is no evidence the players you were missing would have made a difference.

Emenike? He scored 5 goals in Russia! Victor Moses. He only scored 1 goal in the EPL.

Our players Essien, Prince Boateng, and Muntari have scored on Barcelona which make the core of the team that humbled you.

This confederation cup was a by-product of continental championships right?
Did Ghana participate in the African championship select?, If yes, why did they not qualify to become the best in Africa?

We played the best team in the world- Spain and if you were anywhere near a TV screen, you would have noted that the spectators supported Nigeria all the way and do you know why?, It is because Nigeria, even with her depleted numbers played fantastic footbal. And those who understand the game are aware that we did not have the full complement of the team that brought us Glory from the African Nations cup. So Smoothcrim, Just shut up and go commence rebuiding of the comatose Ga.ynian football.

3 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Lindoleee(m): 8:43am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigeria should have scored some goal there against Spain
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Lindoleee(m): 8:44am On Jun 24, 2013
Nigeria should have scored some goal there against Spain,the final touch let them down and poor finishing
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by mickyem(m): 8:48am On Jun 24, 2013
The players really played as one,i dnt see anything wrong in d team,we just av to welkm some nice strikers,these guys deserve †☺ be credited,football is nt dat easy,am proud of these guys,although we lost †☺ spain buhh they really show them d stuff dey re made up of,thumb up guys,u re impressive
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by labodeolu(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2013
I think we Nigerians criticize too much. Watching the match yesterday, I believe we matched Spain in all departments except our finishing. We played a smooth counter-attacking football(similar to recent barca-Madrid games) and I believe keshi's tactics was spit-on. Just imagine how much damage we could have done with an emenike up front..BELIEVE

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by munaco: 8:49am On Jun 24, 2013
inexperience cost us the 2nd game while lack of concentration, inexperience and striker cost the 3rd game. but a better performance against Spain. Me like am.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Paulek(m): 8:52am On Jun 24, 2013
Nig vs Spain: Spain (8 barca players,2 madrid players) vs Nigeria (1 chelsea player, Enyeama n 9 movin objects)"
what do you expect will be the outcome
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Joemint(m): 8:52am On Jun 24, 2013
wen der iz a fault we all hv who 2blame it on. Those foreign players u guys r mentioning wer nt in d nations cup, yet we liftd d trophy. Pls lets all leave d big boss(keshi) to do his job.
If any1 knws mikel here pls tell him dat i love him somuch, mikel is my world best.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Lindoleee(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2013
hardbody:

Did Ghana participate in the African championship select?, If yes, why did they not qualify to become the best in Africa?

We played the best team in the world- Spain and if you were anywhere near a TV screen, you would have noted that the spectators supported Nigeria all the way and do you know why?, It is because Nigeria, even with her depleted numbers played fantastic footbal. And those who understand the game are aware that we did not have the full complement of the team that brought us Glory from the African Nations cup. So Smoothcrim, Just shut up and go commence rebuiding of the comatose Ga.ynian football.
Good valid points there that nigeria played good football,nd i dont see Ghana doing it good in the world cup thier time is over...one thing though Spanish football is unmarkable they play it right infront of you,the only way to kill they game,you should run to the ball nd close space just like Bayern Munich nd Borussia Dortmund did to the clubs that have Spain players...
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Lindoleee(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2013
hardbody:

Good valid points there that nigeria played good football,nd i dont see Ghana doing it good in the world cup thier time is over...one thing though Spanish football is unmarkable they play it right infront of you,the only way to kill they game,you should run to the ball nd close space just like Bayern Munich nd Borussia Dortmund did to the clubs that have Spain players...

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by oloriooko(m): 8:57am On Jun 24, 2013
my assessment of the first eleven:

Enyeama - still has it but showing signs of depreciation 4.5/10
Ambrose - not always my favourite, was the weak link in the defence but can still improve 3/10
Echiejele - very impressive outing, improving very fast and growing in confidence goin forward 7/10
Oboabona - impressive, improving with every match and confident with attackers, future very promising 7/10
Omeruo - young but confident and composed, has lot to do more but very vital to 9jas team 7/10
Musa - naive, immature but has promising future, very hard-working and loyal 5.5/10
Ogude - upcoming and has room to improve but needs more play time 5/10
Mba - flip-flop player, disappears most time in the game but can be dangerous whenever he wakes up 5/10
Mikel - 9jas outstanding player in the tournament, composed, mature, great passer of the ball, mid-field marshal 9/10
Ideye - fair game, lots of misses, little effect on opponents defence, has a lot to do 4.5/10
Akpala - very low performance, hardly had a shot at goal 3/10

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Lordave: 8:59am On Jun 24, 2013
lucenzo: It was indiscipline on the part of Keshi to allow ideye to carry that craw craw infested mohawk to the tournament. If I was keshi, I would have used Alomo bottle to scrape the head angry

Musa should assist the jtf in searching for the bokos, cos he has no future in that team

Gambo has replaced the Nigerian word Keita which means disaster, Failure, setback, mtn, NEPA.........
see as I just dey laugh like madman inside cab. Musa for JTF? I don die...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lionel Messi Appeals Over Tax Fraud Verdict / Chelsea Considering Sending Charly Musonda On Loan After Instagram Controversy / Emmanuel Emenike Celebrates His Mother On Her Birthday, They Look So Alike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.