Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? (22957 Views)

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Tahiti - Confederations Cup: (6 - 1) On 17th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by imperiouxx(m): 2:55am On Jun 24, 2013
I feel like slapping that Ideye! angry

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Blackteeth(m): 3:01am On Jun 24, 2013
The Nigerian players are not very talented. Some footballers are better than other footballers. That's the difference between a team like Spain and a team like Nigeria. Imagine if Nigeria has a squad all with the talent of Jay-Jay Okocha. There has to be a serious hunt for talented players in Nigeria.
You guys were decieving yourselfs cos super eagles won AFCON. Winning AFCON is not the real test. The real test is playing against the best teams in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 3:02am On Jun 24, 2013
When they won, they called them Biafran Eagles.
Now that they have been thoroughly beaten, they're super eagles.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by olapluto(m): 3:21am On Jun 24, 2013
The team served its purpose: To tell us our position in world football. The obvious lapses were glaring. The positives are massive, the negatives are minor. Mark Lawrenson (popular premier league pundit with BBC) was full of praise for the Nigerian team against Uruguay. The potential of this team is exciting.
If the team qualifies for the world cup, I expect to see a formidable team all together. This current super eagles are hard to play against. They are very effective going forward. The finishing part is a psychological thing. Once they calm down and become more confident, goals will come.
Oboabona, Omeruo, MIKEL, Echiejile, Ambrose, Musa and Oduamadi are all almost sure of making the world cup team.
I will like Keshi to try out some local goal scorers. Gbolahan Salami is matured and gives that bullish central striker option. He can deputize for Emenike. The wings are OK once Victor Moses and Oduamadi are back.
Unfortunately, I think Sunday Mba runs out of ideas quickly. Nosa Igiebor is a better option. Fegor Ogude is toooo sluggish, John Ogu is excellent. Micheal Babatunde needs more confidence. Gambo

6 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by chyk91(m): 3:23am On Jun 24, 2013
Where is ekigho ehiosun? I tnk we shud invite lukman haruna, sone aluko, imoh ezekiel, still try and reach out to sidney sam as he can still represent us cos he has played a competitive game just friendlies for germany. Naija did okay, we just nid a better benc
h dasall.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:23am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Ghana has had a depleted squad for years. In fact we have never been able to put Essien, Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Muntari, Gyan etc etc on the pitch at the same time.

There is no evidence the players you were missing would have made a difference.

Emenike? He scored 5 goals in Russia! Victor Moses. He only scored 1 goal in the EPL.

Our players Essien, Prince Boateng, and Muntari have scored on Barcelona which make the core of the team that humbled you.

club is different from country. Style of play is different in club and country. Nigeria is not Spain in which he basically have the the same players from club and country. From your statistics, you are actually proving that Keshi is a good manager which means that Keshi is actually bringing out the best in the players.
You talk of Emenike, he was the top goal scorer in AFCON.
You talk of Moses, he was the fair play player of the tournament and his dribbling skills was amazing. It is not about scoring goals but about how your presence influences the team spirit and play.
Look at Mikel, Chelsea fans don't see him as someone important but that is because he has not been given that chance to because he know if he messes up chelsea fans will call for his head but look at how amazing he is playing for Nigeria, AFCON and Confed Cup. Now look at Messi. Plays wonderfully for Barcelona but contributes little to nothing for the Argentine team. Don't be a hater.

3 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 3:27am On Jun 24, 2013
I think we can draw some positives from the matches we played. At least Omeruo, Echejile, Oboabona and even Egwueke showed they can compete against some of the best strikers in the world. I want to believe we also played positive football holding possesion and playing good football. However in my own opinion players like ideye, gambo, babatunde, akpala and ujah have nothing to contribute except heartaches n makes us all pissed. I know if we have the full compliment of the team that beat civ, with moses, onazi and emenike the team will look better, further if we can suplement with the uche bros,haruna lukman n joel obi amongst others the team should become very good. In all if Keshi applies all he has leant in this tournamanent, I dare say the SE would become an awesome team.

3 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by naijaboyof4life(m): 3:34am On Jun 24, 2013
Forza p: Inexperience!truth be told we still need our BIG BOYZ in dis team,players like osaze,yobo&martins. seriously we still need their experience to add 2 dis team,also keshi shld learn hw 2 manage players ego,if italy cud manage BALOTELLI why cant we manage osaze or yobo?overall average performance sha
Balotelli's ego is towards club not country. Ivory coast had their big boyz and our little boys still beat them. Our so called big boys played in 2010 WC and what did they do? Nothing. Messi is 4 time player of the year, you would expect his national team to be the best but that is not the case. The Brazilian coach left out all the experienced players(Ronaldinho, kaka, Ramires) but they are kicking butt. In as much as I would like osaze, or martins or yakubu to come back to the team, that is not what is needed, but is needed is for the team to have a better understanding of each other, better Gameplay, I saw Ujah highlight on youtube and I was wow this is a nice player, look at what he is playing. Look at musa also, played beautifully in Russia, comes to national team, he is playing like high school student, this also goes to ideye.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by vokalguy(m): 3:51am On Jun 24, 2013
smoothcrim2014:

Ghana has had a depleted squad for years. In fact we have never been able to put Essien, Prince Boateng, Andre Ayew, Muntari, Gyan etc etc on the pitch at the same time.

There is no evidence the players you were missing would have made a difference.

Emenike? He scored 5 goals in Russia! Victor Moses. He only scored 1 goal in the EPL.

Our players Essien, Prince Boateng, and Muntari have scored on Barcelona which make the core of the team that humbled you.

Please stfu.... just because your fellow countrymen scored against Barcelona does not mean SH!T. How ignorant are you... you lack basic knowledge of the sport... I respect Ghana but you guys are match for the super eagles... a fully fit Nigerian squad will beat your national team... btw we just played in a competition you WILL NOT play in anytime soon so stfu bruh.
Oh one more thing; Emenike has been injured since early 2013 so how the f**k do you expect him to score goals. Am a chelsea fan through and through and I think Essien is no longer the force he used to be!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by naijaboyof4life(m): 4:10am On Jun 24, 2013
Simply Alfy: Lets be rational we weren't outplayed in any of our games,neither did we struggle at edge.Our flaws were finishes and atime costly lost of concentratiton imagine we the so called 'inexperienced' side playing the world and european champ 1st team with a ball possession difference of jst 6% (which i dnt agree)foget the score line,Meaning,theres quality and space for great improvement,with this..... UP EAGLES!!!

You talking sense why brother, to me i don't think Keshi came to this tornament to win but I believe he came to see which attack combo would do the most damages to these top teams, basically , he was preparing for next year, let us not forget that USA beat Spain in Confed Cup in 09 but it is the same USA that small Ghana beat and Spain became champions. Isn't it funny how brazil manages to beat countries and win the confederation cup but fails to reach the final in the world cup. It is better for NIgeria to lose this and win next year than to win these and lose next year.

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by UyiIredia(m): 4:11am On Jun 24, 2013
Good. However, they really need to get better, creative striker subs, put in a midfielder or two to support the good work Mikel is doing (and effectively take his place in case of injury) and hone the defence. My 2 cents.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by MrChris1(m): 4:44am On Jun 24, 2013
Mikel has always been an Outstanding Central Midfielder but "Mourinho" changed all that!!! Enyeama is a Saviour, always reliable!!! But the Attack and Defence were absolutely poor throughout the tournament and it only takes a team like Spain to explore and take advantage of those weaknesses. No doubt about Musa's Pace but he lacks Shot accuracy & to think he was the the 4th (Joint) Highest Goalscorer in the Russian League and the Top scorer for his team which won the league last season is really disappointing (11 goals, a goal more than our great Samuel Eto) ...."Although, the Future is bright". "FURIA ESPAÑOLA HASTA EL FINAL A LA FINAL"......................

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Provie(m): 4:56am On Jun 24, 2013
onitshaigbo: Nigeria really had good chances to score in both the Uruguay game and the Spain game. They just couldn't finish.

I'm confident that we'll do much better next year in the World Cup.

Dat is if we qualify by winning d next three matches. Let's not be overconfident; let's just learn our lessons.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Akiika: 5:01am On Jun 24, 2013
Get real professional footballers to represent us. These are charlatans that lack football acumen. Kudos to Mikel and Enyeama though. Seriously, I can do better than Gombe and Ideye put together.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by stevSKY(m): 5:15am On Jun 24, 2013
MATCH LAYOUT
SPAIN
{8 Barca players + 2 Madrid players}

NIGERIA
{1 Chelsea player, Enyeama and 9 moving objects}

LWKMD
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by SuyaEater(m): 5:52am On Jun 24, 2013
stev SKY:
MATCH LAYOUT
SPAIN

NIGERIA

LWKMD

This is getting tiring....typical nairalanders over doing their sh:t .....we get it already move on

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by pimplucious: 5:54am On Jun 24, 2013
stev SKY:
MATCH LAYOUT
SPAIN

NIGERIA

LWKMD

Lol
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by SuyaEater(m): 5:57am On Jun 24, 2013
Exactly what we lacked going into the confederations cup is exactly what we saw in the confederations cup.....

I like where this team is going and the discipline keshi has brought....no more because I am based abroad I will automatically get a shirt...you have to fight for it....when a coach call u up and you say you don't wanna play (anichebe, ameobi, shittu) ...keshi will not call u up again..who do you think u are?.....with that said we need the experience of osaze out there....let bygones be bygones....I think this team will be good at next's year world cup....with the same afcon squad and bringing a player like osaze off the bench....then beefing up other positions on the team.

I like what I saw against uruguay and spain....we are almost there

2 Likes

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Deiok(m): 6:03am On Jun 24, 2013
In my own opinion, the team is still with the african mentality, they should be mentaly psyche up.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 6:05am On Jun 24, 2013
Dranatomy: The team is OK. All we need now r good strikers....Keshi should know that no team wins without good strikers!

DATZALL
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by timilehin007(m): 6:14am On Jun 24, 2013
EagleNest:

such an unnecessary comparisons and rivalry. Next time, let Ghana go and represent us if they can. No need for unnecessary rantings like children.
and as far as we are concern Nigeria still remains African champion. Deal with that
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Amansu(f): 6:19am On Jun 24, 2013
onitshaigbo: Nigeria really had good chances to score in both the Uruguay game and the Spain game. They just couldn't finish.

I'm confident that we'll do much better next year in the World Cup.

As long as Nigeria plays people like Ideye Brown who is wasteful and cannot control passes she won't do well in the World Cup.
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by slap1(m): 6:19am On Jun 24, 2013
Good squad, though we missed key players. Had it been we had Emenike, Ike Uche, Victor Moses and Ogenyi Onazi, we would have beaten Uruguay and ultimately qualified. Ideye should not play for us again, the boy pays more attention to his hair than the game. THUMBS UP FOR KESHI!
Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by emmysam2: 6:25am On Jun 24, 2013
The Team striking force was simply wasteful, visionless and tactless. Brown Ideye was the worst culprit. Goalkeeping was OK, the Defence was fairly good but needs to be more compact( Echeijeile should be more settled when making pull outs if he overlaps, Ambrose Efe should be more confident and play like a professional he is). The Midfield played well and could have done better but for injuries. The Attack was absolutely poor. I cant remember any Super Eagles striker as useless and wasteful as Brown Ideye. Did he even score any goal? Not even against Tahiti. And he calls himself a striker. The guy called Babatunde .. wats he doing in that team? Ahmed Musa can sometimes be erratic, but he is ok. Joseph Akpalla was stage frightened. He got lost against the spanairds. Forget the 6-1 scoreline with the game against Tahiti, the striking flaws were very obvious. They couldnt bury the chances they had. Anyway, i wasnt expecting Super Eagles to beat Spain, but i didnt expect that embarrassing scoreline. 3-0? Thanks to our toothless strikers. I dont like the match would have been that easy for spain if Osaze and Moses were in the Super Eagles team. No matter how a team plays well, if they cant take their chances, the mildfield and the defence will bear the brunt. Pls,pls i dont ever want to see Brown Ideye in Super Eagles colors ever again joor. I think it high time Osaze was recalled back to the team... and perhaps Victor Anichebe. On the Average i will score the team 55%

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by Nobody: 6:26am On Jun 24, 2013
Dis our lack of strikin force started rite frm d nations cup finals wen emenike was injured..no striker could score except d blessed mba..keshi cannot detect it..its quite unfortunate.Nevertheless,d boys tried all dey could

1 Like

Re: Your Assessment Of Keshi's Team To The Confederations Cup? by DSB(m): 6:33am On Jun 24, 2013
With the number of forwards missing through injury..I believe that our attacking prowess will improve. Emenike and Moses will make a whole lot of difference. Musa needs a Wenger in his life. Ideye needs serious help (incl spiritual...lol)

In midfield, Mikel outshined them all. He reminded me of his exploits at the U-17s and U-20s. I wish he never joined chelsea. Onazi would have provided better fire power with Mikel. Mba was disappointing.

I am not impressed a bit with the Defence especially CBs - they are slow, non-communicating and inexperienced. The wing backs were a little more comfortable.

Overall, the 'team' lacked enough teamwork and awareness of teammates in better positions. Keshi has a lot of room for improvement if we are to make a return trip to Brazil next year.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs USA: FIFA U20 World Cup, Monday 27 May 2019 / #WorldCupDraws: We Will Beat Argentina Again – Atiku / Chelsea Considering Sending Charly Musonda On Loan After Instagram Controversy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.