Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,334 members, 7,811,976 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) (20838 Views)

Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Inik(m): 11:02pm On Jun 26, 2013
Nice one Gej and Nddc!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by EPOMA(m): 11:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
carzola: Akwa ibom aya ya because Godswill is being done in akwa ibom, The hand work of good governance! Gov. Godswill AKpabio ur truly the best.. U would make a good sanate president come 2015, Gov. Rotimi Ameashit.. Please learn from a true hero and leader.
This is how madness dey start

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by searay(m): 11:18pm On Jun 26, 2013
NnamdiN: Where does it connect to ? Any idea?
to a cut off community called Okoroutip. The road also link them with Ibeno Mainland and Portharcourt

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by searay(m): 11:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
justsayemma: 2 me theres noting 2 celebrate here,Ibeno is not 2 populated,n its accesible thro road,i think Bonny needs a bridge most,bt nddc wil look 4 a cheaper project.4 Gej 2 commision dis project,it shows he is jobless,wat hapend 2 d minister of works? Its only wen a govt is nt performing,u c govt claiming cheap glory.i watch 4reign news,n i ve neva seen a president commisioning dis kind of project.we deserve mo dan dis,Nigerians wake up.
Bro please is there no PHCN TRANSFORMER near your area. You can give it a hug.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by dreu2fine(m): 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Delta n bayelsa mk una len oooo
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 11:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Most of NDDC projects are sub-standart. It would have been better if akpabio was given the money to build it. That's akpabio speciality. If given an option of boat ride, I won't step my foot on that bridge.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
errm,

1000m =1km

600m=0.6km

The bridge no reach 1km sef! smh
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 26, 2013
Demdem: Most of NDDC projects are sub-standart. It would have been better if akpabio was given the money to build it. That's akpabio speciality. If given an option of boat ride, I won't step my foot on that bridge.
I dey tell you! mere looking at the bridge, it won't last long!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
berem: I dey tell you! mere looking at the bridge, it won't last long!

All nddc roads here in rivers that I know of are piece of shit. I have no doubt in my mind that after NNPC, the next most corrupt govt agency is NDDC.
By the way, we have their agents right here on nairaland who sells nddc projects. Wouldn't know if this was also sold to the highest bidder.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Rossikk(m): 11:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
ujoinme: [img]http://img1.nairaland.com/attachments/1173518_shore_line_jpg47b4a8cc753b7e1c18f743f32c376125[/img]

lbeno shoreline! What a beauty
These is the virgin coastal area of nigeria awaiting development.

Imagine building several resort hotels with golf course, swimming pools, tennis, water slides, restaurants etc along this beach?

Why would anyone need to go abroad for holidays?

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by justsayemma(m): 11:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ Ink,abi wetin u cal urslf,pls learn hw 2 quote ur type.Ibeno is an oil rich community,n majority of d people live in poverty,when it rains there,most parts wil b flooded,i feel we deserve more.dats y they wil keep imporvrishing u,so dat any little thing they throw @ u,u wil praise them 2 d high heavens.UNAM!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Garrithe1st: 11:33pm On Jun 26, 2013
chidindufrank: Good news!!! GEJ's Fresh Air Ministry has won another soul. Truth and hard work can never be hidden like Oga Seun's This Post Has Been Hidden

Read my post again son....
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by PEREP: 11:50pm On Jun 26, 2013
Any toll fee

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ba7man(m): 12:08am On Jun 27, 2013
Revolva: Oga Jonathan....n building bridges..we dey hungry for here oo ..na bridge we go chop
Cross the bridge go find food abi na Oga Jona go come feed you and your family for house??

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 12:13am On Jun 27, 2013
Rossikk:

Imagine building several resort hotels with golf course, swimming pools, tennis, water slides, restaurants etc along this beach?

Why would anyone need to go abroad for holidays?

yeah i do agree with you. I think the state government should dedicated a huge portion of their tourism investment in developing its shoreline.
it has a lot of potential. and if these areas are developed for tourism besides being a huge revenue generator, it will also check the menace of oil spills, those infrastructure will serve as an incentive for oil companies to observe higher standards of safety to avoid spills as the spills will no longer be hidden.
and more people will be privy to their occurrences.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 12:27am On Jun 27, 2013
berem: errm,

1000m =1km

600m=0.6km

The bridge no reach 1km sef! smh

600m is really long considering that thats just the length of the bridge excluding the approach/access road.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by BekeeBuAgbara: 1:13am On Jun 27, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Sharrap dia. The bridge was built by NDDC. Are you too lazy to read??

Olodo....

@Topic: Its interesting to note that the project was handled by a local contractor.

Kudos to GEJ and the NDDC board.

cool
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Yorubaman40: 1:46am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: Rubbish! Do this people know the meaning of priorities? They are building a bridge in a areas which will have little or no economic impact in nigeria but there is no road connecting port harcourt to bonny island, the location of the largest oil terminal in west africa, largest LNG plant in africa, the only plave in nigeria that has uninterupted power supply. Do you know what a road linking it to port harcourt will do for the niger delta economy? Yet they keep doing lip service for years. Common sense is not common.

Samilo88: 1Did I hear you say ibeno is of no economic importance? Please before you come to a public forum to say anything always get your facts right. Qua iboe terminal QIT is located in ibeno and they belong to ExxonMobil's operational area which accounts for about 40% of nigeria's oil production.

Thanks for d info. It appears d opposition is always hell-bent on misinforming Nigerians on any good thing done by Jonathan. Must u be sad when other people aside u are achieving and happy? Must u spoil other peoples parties for them?

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by seunfly: 2:34am On Jun 27, 2013
Garri the 1st:

It actually felt good saying it. I actually wish I had reasons to say it more often, but the lackluster performance of the PDP-led FG hasn't been up to MY expectation. Anyway, my view about GEJ still remains unchanged.

Lastly, NDDC is a den of pen-robbers. I do not wish to derail thread so I'll desist from sharing my painfully negative experience with them. That said I'll focus on the topic and sheathe my sword for now.

Kudos once more to GEJ and the NDDC board.

cool cool
Seriously when people see others not praising Gej d way they do, they always think it is out of hatred or sentiment but they don't know that some people are still with their senses that see beyond tribal sentiment and praise singing. If a man do good, let us praise him and if he does d opposite we also do d opposite to him. Truly how i wish we Nigerians find true reasons to praise him all the time like this, not through fake or sentimental praise singing we ve been doing, not throgh doctored report or comflicting statistics that d minister of finance and labour have been reading into our ears, not through promise upon promise of stable power that never manifested.
The true and genuine praise of the president is the best for our nation.
Eastwest road, 2ndNiger bridge, Lagos/ibadan expressway, bokoharam, employment, food, security, stable power supply,improve education, improved health care delivary etc are the genuine reasons to praise oga Jona, not all this sentimental reasons we ve used to.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by EkoIle1: 2:47am On Jun 27, 2013
Looks like a bridge to nowhere...
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Airforce1(m): 3:15am On Jun 27, 2013
Death trap

I feel sorry for citizens of this country
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Fgn44: 3:26am On Jun 27, 2013
mmmustapha: 2015, North is waiting.
who cares,let them continue waiting,perhaps till eternity!!!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 3:37am On Jun 27, 2013
Airforce1: Death trap

I feel sorry for citizens of this country

And what engineering test/ data are you basing ur comment on? have you got any test data or just speculating out of ignorance
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Symphony007: 4:00am On Jun 27, 2013
samilo88:
Did I hear you say ibeno is of no economic importance? Please before you come to a public forum to say anything always get your facts right. Qua iboe terminal QIT is located in ibeno and they belong to ExxonMobil's operational area which accounts for about 40% of nigeria's oil production.
before this bridge there are already roads leading to ibeno, it is not like this bridge is a saving life line for them, i seriously doubt the correctness of your 40% figure but majority if not all oil gotten by shell in the niger delta is sent to the bonny oil terminal for onward export abroad but that same bonny does'nt have a single link road to port harcourt, travelers in 2013 still have to ply a dangerous sea to get to the island. Go google bonny island and ibeno and tell me economically, who is more important.

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ElijahOguns: 4:13am On Jun 27, 2013
Which one is difficult to build road or build bridge let 4 once appreciate good intention. Progress Nddc, Gej is working.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 4:13am On Jun 27, 2013
Now thats an effective use of petrodollars.
The local communities that bear the burnt of oil exploration ,have some sort of
infrastructure that will benefit their lives
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by abujalapdog(m): 4:46am On Jun 27, 2013
dirtymoney: Nice one GEJ. And by the way, am still waiting for that bridge Akpabio proposed sometime last year, boasting that it would b the longest in africa.

Can you say the location he said he is buildibg it? or you just want to wag your mouth?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by abujalapdog(m): 4:54am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: before this bridge there are already roads leading to ibeno, it is not like this bridge is a saving life line for them, i seriously doubt the correctness of your 40% figure but majority if not all oil gotten by shell in the niger delta is sent to the bonny oil terminal for onward export abroad but that same bonny does'nt have a single link road to port harcourt, travelers in 2013 still have to ply a dangerous sea to get to the island. Go google bonny island and ibeno and tell me economically, who is more important.

But cant your corky governor do it with all the billions he makes from state internally generated revenue? Or is he saving the money to run for vice president with his bald head? Why must you complain since there's NNDC? Dont you knw that is just a Commission that thier budget is limited compared to what your state makes? Why must you cry fowl instead to channel your request to your Governor?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by abujalapdog(m): 4:58am On Jun 27, 2013
Revolva: Oga Jonathan....n building bridges..we dey hungry for here oo ..na bridge we go chop

You sound so naive.. its as if you only have a food problem in your life!!! Now fg have to be feeding you an your family? smh.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by abujalapdog(m): 5:02am On Jun 27, 2013
mmmustapha: 2015, North is waiting.

Your fathers failed this country an you are still making noise. What best can they do better if they wasted more than 40yrs in achieving nothing? keep waiting!!!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Good development, but not worth the euphoria being expressed. The 'Third Mainland Bridge' is 11,800m, and here we are getting excited over 600m bridge. Let's we forget, what's the cost? NDDC is notorious for inflated contracts. A contractor once told me NNDC awards construction of a borehole for N90million.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by abujalapdog(m): 5:08am On Jun 27, 2013
Demdem: Most of NDDC projects are sub-standart. It would have been better if akpabio was given the money to build it. That's akpabio speciality. If given an option of boat ride, I won't step my foot on that bridge.

Its a mentality thing ,Akpabio dosent manufacture bridge from government house.. Construction company still build them okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lasg Intensifies Cleaning Of Manholes Across The State To Prevent Flooding / IGP, Adamu Visits Policemen Injured By Shi’ite Protesters [Photos] / Seyi Makinde: Nigeria Needs Security, Restructuring, Not Yoruba Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.