Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,317 members, 7,811,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) (20837 Views)

Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Omexonomy: 5:15am On Jun 27, 2013
Demdem: Most of NDDC projects are sub-standart. It would have been better if akpabio was given the money to build it. That's akpabio speciality. If given an option of boat ride, I won't step my foot on that bridge.
is it because the bridge was not toll like the one in lagos bad belle kill you.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by tebill(m): 5:17am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: Rubbish! Do this people know the meaning of priorities? They are building a bridge in a areas which will have little or no economic impact in nigeria but there is no road connecting port harcourt to bonny island, the location of the largest oil terminal in west africa, largest LNG plant in africa, the only plave in nigeria that has uninterupted power supply. Do you know what a road linking it to port harcourt will do for the niger delta economy? Yet they keep doing lip service for years. Common sense is not common.

I believe ur just ignorant...cos ur command of words don't look stupid...ibeno is the host community of Mobil....
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by jascon1(m): 5:25am On Jun 27, 2013
vizboy: Nice one but things like these dont make front page.
U right! Jonathan u try, but this is the least of our expectations from u. First tenure don almost finish in addition to yar'adua own, na only one bridge dey ur scoresheet. E no reach weak pass sef.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Omexonomy: 5:33am On Jun 27, 2013
berem: I dey tell you! mere looking at the bridge, it won't last long!
is it because the bridge was not toll like the one in lagos bad belle kill you.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Omexonomy: 5:40am On Jun 27, 2013
Too much hatred full nairaland to an extent that a bridge that was not toll has recieving insult. Too many idiot on nairaland. Na wa for people from south west O.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Omexonomy: 5:49am On Jun 27, 2013
Airforce1: Death trap

I feel sorry for citizens of this country
why do you feel sorry for the citizens ? Is it becos the bridge was toll free ? Too many idiot on nairaland.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by awodman: 6:00am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: before this bridge there are already roads leading to ibeno, it is not like this bridge is a saving life line for them, i seriously doubt the correctness of your 40% figure but majority if not all oil gotten by shell in the niger delta is sent to the bonny oil terminal for onward export abroad but that same bonny does'nt have a single link road to port harcourt, travelers in 2013 still have to ply a dangerous sea to get to the island. Go google bonny island and ibeno and tell me economically, who is more important.
Read this report from one of Simon Kolawole's columns on THISDAY..

awodman: Today’s discussion is motivated by a report I read recently
on a contract awarded to a local company, Viche Resources
Nig Limited, by the Niger Delta Development Commission
(NDDC). It is a seven-kilometre road and a 600-metre
bridge across a mangrove swamp and a stormy sea that
empties directly into the Atlantic Ocean. The road and the
bridge, according to the report, will connect at least 30
communities in Akwa Ibom State. The difficult terrain
means the communities had been cut off from civilisation
for ages. Amazingly, Ibeno LGA, where the project is
located, is the operational base of ExxonMobil, the second
largest producer of crude oil in Nigeria.

Source:www.thisdaylive.com/articles/made-in-nigeria-enjoyed-worldwide/149788/
I hope you now see how important this bridge is..
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Symphony007: 6:03am On Jun 27, 2013
tebill:

I believe ur just ignorant...cos ur command of words don't look stupid...ibeno is the host community of Mobil....

the host community of mobile which already has a road, meanwhile the host community of shell, NLNG,TSKJ, siapem,CBI,lamnaco, and every a mobile plant has no "SINGLE" road linking it to the capital city.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by tutu1: 6:09am On Jun 27, 2013
I cant believe this is my country it loooks so cool, if not for curruption Niger Delta should be like Dubai
ujoinme: lbeno shoreline! What a beauty
These is the virgin coastal area of nigeria awaiting development.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ba7man(m): 6:10am On Jun 27, 2013
Omexonomy: why do you feel sorry for the citizens ? Is it becos the bridge was toll free ? Too many idiot on nairaland.
Stop repeating that statement on tolling, its being one-directional minded. There are different conditions that determine tolling. Look at the Ibeano Community....does it's locals look like they are financially bouyant enough to pay tolls, let alone own cars on the average??......... If the bridge led into Asokoro in Abuja, and its tolled, no problem. Why do you think the tolled bridge was located in Lekki Phase one??
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 6:11am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: the host community of mobile which already has a road, meanwhile the host community of shell, NLNG,TSKJ, siapem,CBI,lamnaco, and every a mobile plant has no "SINGLE" road linking it to the capital city.

So, whats your beef with the bridge?
'
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 6:29am On Jun 27, 2013
carzola: Akwa ibom aya ya because Godswill is being done in akwa ibom, The hand work of good governance! Gov. Godswill AKpabio ur truly the best.. U would make a good sanate president come 2015, Gov. Rotimi Ameashit.. Please learn from a true hero and leader.

U a bloody illiterate.. Political fool

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by fredopayee(m): 6:39am On Jun 27, 2013
Garri the 1st:

It actually felt good saying it. I actually wish I had reasons to say it more often, but the lackluster performance of the PDP-led FG hasn't been up to MY expectation. Anyway, my view about GEJ still remains unchanged.

Lastly, NDDC is a den of pen-robbers. I do not wish to derail thread so I'll desist from sharing my painfully negative experience with them. That said I'll focus on the topic and sheathe my sword for now.

Kudos once more to GEJ and the NDDC board.

cool cool
Heyiyah!! Sorry boy. If what PDP is doing never full your eyes let any of your family memer or ur palm wife tapper daddy if still alive shaa contest for common Ward Councillorship under APC.. Serial killer like u!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by fredopayee(m): 6:44am On Jun 27, 2013
Revolva: Oga Jonathan....n building bridges..we dey hungry for here oo ..na bridge we go chop
Na oga Jonathan go giv u food abi?
No go find wetin u go do atleastt to survive. Lazy man.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 7:20am On Jun 27, 2013
abujalapdog:

Its a mentality thing ,Akpabio dosent manufacture bridge from government house.. Construction company still build them okay.

Even the best of construction companies can still do a shoddy job if they are forced to do it.

Omexonomy: is it because the bridge was not toll like the one in lagos bad belle kill you.

Of cos not. NDDC is noted to sell their contracts and we have their agents here on Nairaland business section. One moniker that goes by the name pcwandi or so is notorious for this. Most NDDC projects are useless, highly sub-standard and disaster in the making. i wont be surprise if this bridge will go the way of the airforce bridge that collapse here in PH that was built by Odili.
Check below for few of NDDC contracts for sale right here on Nairaland, u can also pick up one ursef if u have the dole:

https://www.nairaland.com/836470/4-sale-nddc-road-construction
https://www.nairaland.com/684175/nddc-project-sale

Google for more and satisfy ur curiosity, u will be well satisfied. this isnt bad belle but peeps lives are in danger here.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 7:25am On Jun 27, 2013
Demdem:

Even the best of construction companies can still do a shoddy job if they are forced to do it.

Of cos not. NDDC is noted to sell their contracts and we have their agents here on Nairaland business section. One moniker that goes by the name pcwandi or so is notorious for this. Most NDDC projects are useless, highly sub-standard and disaster in the making. i wont be surprise if this bridge will go the way of the airforce bridge that collapse here in PH that was built by Odili.
Check below for few of NDDC contracts for sale right here on Nairaland, u can also pick up one ursef if u have the dole:

https://www.nairaland.com/684175/nddc-project-sale

Google for more and satisfy ur curiosity, u will be well satisfied. this isnt bad belle but peeps lives are in danger here.

your point being?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 7:26am On Jun 27, 2013
vizboy: Nice one but things like these dont make front page.
u ar stewpid.But if it was "fashola as built 4th mainland bridge" e 4 make front page abi?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 7:30am On Jun 27, 2013
ujoinme:

your point being?

The probability that that bridge isnt safe for use is ridiculously high. we need a team of unbiase Engineers to take a look at it and confirm thats its safe for use. If it was Akpabio that constructed it would have been better. NDDC most times dont do quality works. Thats a well known fact.

Yeah this is the guy i am looking for:
https://www.nairaland.com/pcnwamadi/topics
He sells NDDC contracts for a living. grin grin
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 7:33am On Jun 27, 2013
Revolva: Oga Jonathan....n building bridges..we dey hungry for here oo ..na bridge we go chop
u b mumu i swear.What is lagos without 3rd mainland brigde?So because u dey die of hunger,govt should not build bridge 4 oda pple abi?Make pple swim 4 wata b4 dem go whr dem 1 go abi?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 7:37am On Jun 27, 2013
Demdem:

The probability that that bridge isnt safe for use is ridiculously high. we need a team of unbiase Engineers to take a look at it and confirm thats its safe If it was Akpabio that constructed it would have been better. NDDC most times dont do quality works. Thats a well known fact.

Okay good point. but i can assure you that Akwa Ibom has a good technical adviser on infrastructures such as these bridge and their job is to monitor and give inputs on these types of structures.

Most shoddy job execution are as a result of lack of technical oversight.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 7:42am On Jun 27, 2013
ujoinme:

Okay good point. but i can assure you that Akwa Ibom has a good technical adviser on infrastructures such as these bridge and their job is to monitor and give inputs on these types of structures.

Most shoddy job execution are as a result of lack of technical oversight.

Akwa Ibom has nothing to do with this. Its strictly NDDC. Their engineers oversees the job and do whatever before handling over. why will they surrender their responsibilities (Choppings) to some state engineers? u dey Nigeria at all? Even common local streets that NDDC do here, state officials will tell u they arent aware of such
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 7:46am On Jun 27, 2013
samilo88:
Did I hear you say ibeno is of no economic importance? Please before you come to a public forum to say anything always get your facts right. Qua iboe terminal QIT is located in ibeno and they belong to ExxonMobil's operational area which accounts for about 40% of nigeria's oil production.
y u dey waste ur time ansa dat mumu guy?Him na fool.Am sure the next news he will hear is dat akwa ibom is developing a railway system,then he wil ask...Of what economic importance wil it serve?4getin akwa ibom is developing the deepest sea port in nigeria that can serve any country in d gulf of guinea.Enemies of progress plenty o.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by sambony4luv(m): 7:49am On Jun 27, 2013
mascot87:
Do u counsel for financial issues too? undecided
carzola is just a blind Akwa ibom fool, what has anarchic have to do with bridge in ibeno. Have you fone to rivers state to see amaechi's good works. Wake up from Ur slumber fool.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 7:51am On Jun 27, 2013
Hmm.Watin i dey fear b say,na local contractors handle d project,even God'will no fit giv any local contractors contract to build bridge,n similar big 1 4 dat mata.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by greaterlove(m): 7:51am On Jun 27, 2013
Rossikk:

Imagine building several resort hotels with golf course, swimming pools, tennis, water slides, restaurants etc along this beach?

Why would anyone need to go abroad for holidays?
Exactly my thought, as an architect i am already sketching in my mind's eye, who wants to make it a reality? Rossikki are you game?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by sambony4luv(m): 7:55am On Jun 27, 2013
Demdem:

The probability that that bridge isnt safe for use is ridiculously high. we need a team of unbiase Engineers to take a look at it and confirm thats its safe for use. If it was Akpabio that constructed it would have been better. NDDC most times dont do quality works. Thats a well known fact.

Yeah this is the guy i am looking for:
https://www.nairaland.com/pcnwamadi/topics
He sells NDDC contracts for a living. grin grin
and Akpabio is now the cement mixer Abi? You talk trash and will always remain in that blind state Uar in, do u know wat it takes nddc to build a bridge, don't u know there's a big difference between building a bridge and constructing a flyover which the noise maker Akpabio champion in.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by basty: 8:03am On Jun 27, 2013
ujoinme: president jonathan is expected to open the new 600m bridge in ibeno LGA in akwa ibom state. the bridge will bring a new lease of life and improve the living conditions of the people of these Oil producing area.
congratulations to the people of ibeno and AKS.
GEJ is working.
www.dailyindependentnig.com/2013/05/relief-as-ibeno-bridge-brings-life...

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/bridge-brings-life-to-communities/147002/

You guys are dumbs, is GEJ the Akwa Ibom Governor.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by numericalguy(m): 8:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Good for the Ibeno people that physical bridges are being built in their homelands.
Ibeno people need another kind of bridge, they need a bridge to remove themselves from their kidnappings and harassments. I had a short stay in Ibeno and I was kidnapped and harassed three times in a space of one month by "community boys" and woe betided you if you cannot speak the local dialect. I could not speak their dialect and that made things worse as the they extorted money from us without mercy.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 27, 2013
dirtymoney: Nice one GEJ. And by the way, am still waiting for that bridge Akpabio proposed sometime last year, boasting that it would b the longest in africa.
when did God'will said it wil b d longest in africa?Did u clean ur eyes well,it is d largest roundabout in africa he said,n he has done dat.U go c roundabout fear.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 8:22am On Jun 27, 2013
abujalapdog:

Can you say the location he said he is buildibg it? or you just want to wag your mouth?
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/27/national-27-03-2012-0020.html
i knw u r one of those arrogant dudes looking for people to bounce on. Stay off my posts if u canot relate without insults.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 8:26am On Jun 27, 2013
Emmadani: when did God'will said it wil b d longest in africa?Did u clean ur eyes well,it is d largest roundabout in africa he said,n he has done dat.U go c roundabout fear.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/27/national-27-03-2012-0020.html
Eigth wonder: Is A’Ibom bridge the longest in Africa?
From JOE EFFIONG & AMAOWO UDOFIA
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Which is the longest bridge in Africa? Niger Bridge; Wrong. Third Mainland Bridge? Wrong. Etebi-Enwang Bridge; Correct. And it is in Akwa Ibom State and has already been tagged one of the wonders of the world.If the ThirdMainland Bridge with only 11.82 km in length can hitherto wear the gold medal as the longest bridge in Africa,the Etebi-Enwang Bridge with a total length of 21 Km would not only send Third Mainland Bridge to a distant second position, but would also compete stoutly with the Saudi Arabia’s King Fahd Bridge for a bronze medal as the third longest bridge in the world leaving first and second positions unchallenged to Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Southern Louisiana, USA with 38.42 Km and Donghai Bridge in China with 32.5km.
The Akwa Ibom state commissioner works, Mr Don Etim, who went on inspection of the wonder bridge on Monday, said that the construction ofthe bridge which is part of Etebi-Enwang Road, started in 2008 and theEtebi -Enwang axis would lead to the proposed Ibaka sea port in the state. The Etebi-Enwang road cuts across Eket and Mbo local government areasof the state. Etim said the construction of the road and bridge had been a great challenge to previous administrations because communities in the area had no roadsthat is why the Akpabio administration had to up the area. Hesaid the contractors working on the project were all screened, as projectsof such nature are not to be carried out in flimsy ways.
The principal consultant of the project, Mr. Victor Annang of Mega Projects International, said the challenges encountered the construction has been enormous. owing to the nature of the soil in the area, as such a beacon pile bridge was a suitable option. This, coupled with the addition of two more bridges, he said led to an extension of the completion time of the projectto 2013, rather 2011. . .
http://www.sunnewsonline.com /webpages/news/national/2012/mar /27/national-27-03-2012-0020.html
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 27, 2013
Rossikk:

Imagine building several resort hotels with golf course, swimming pools, tennis, water slides, restaurants etc along this beach?

Why would anyone need to go abroad for holidays?
i dey teeyu.How i wish akpabio 4 stil dey beyond 2015,e 4 turn dat place into sumtin else,i know d man n wat he can do.Ibeno beach i heard is d longest sand beach in wa.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Ajimobi Visits Olubadan Over Death Of His Wife (Photos) / APC, Governors, Ministers Oppose Amaechi As Buhari’s Campaign DG For 2019 / Wike: If Zoning Presidency To North Will Make PDP Win In 2023, I Support It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.