Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,305 members, 7,811,900 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:50 PM

GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) (20836 Views)

Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ketoprofen(m): 8:35am On Jun 27, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Sharrap dia. The bridge was built by NDDC. Are you too lazy to read??

Olodo....

@Topic: Its interesting to note that the project was handled by a local contractor.

Kudos to GEJ and the NDDC board.

cool

at least u supported GEJ this time
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by loswhite(m): 8:40am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: Rubbish! Do this people know the meaning of priorities? They are building a bridge in a areas which will have little or no economic impact in nigeria but there is no road connecting port harcourt to bonny island, the location of the largest oil terminal in west africa, largest LNG plant in africa, the only plave in nigeria that has uninterupted power supply. Do you know what a road linking it to port harcourt will do for the niger delta economy? Yet they keep doing lip service for years. Common sense is not common.
what is d meaning of this nonsense u posted? So because there us no bridge linking bonny island to port hacourt every other bridge should wait till dey construct one to Bonny abi. B4 u post nonsense find out why they hav not build d bridge. Ppl in Bonny hav been frustrating the plans including their chiefs as @ 2005 to 2007 and their are other constrains. Without the bridge LNG and shell terminal r already impacting on the economy

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ketoprofen(m): 8:44am On Jun 27, 2013
Revolva: Oga Jonathan....n building bridges..we dey hungry for here oo ..na bridge we go chop

which govt puts food directly on the table of the masses?

As far as the ppl are not as lazy as some folks i know, the govt provides the infrastructure while the citizens make a living from it, full stop.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by loswhite(m): 8:45am On Jun 27, 2013
justsayemma: 2 me theres noting 2 celebrate here,Ibeno is not 2 populated,n its accesible thro road,i think Bonny needs a bridge most,bt nddc wil look 4 a cheaper project.4 Gej 2 commision dis project,it shows he is jobless,wat hapend 2 d minister of works? Its only wen a govt is nt performing,u c govt claiming cheap glory.i watch 4reign news,n i ve neva seen a president commisioning dis kind of project.we deserve mo dan dis,Nigerians wake up.
so the reason they build bridge is because of population abi ...smh
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 8:51am On Jun 27, 2013
Elijah Oguns: Which one is difficult to build road or build bridge let 4 once appreciate good intention. Progress Nddc, Gej is working.
d news i read on paper was dat the bridge project was earlier given to two foreign contractors,but they abandoned it from d start,so "Viche resource nig limited" took d contract n completed d brigde.Viche that was called the emerging julius beger of nigeria by then president of nigeria,olusegun obasanjo.But i doubt julius beger wil abandon dat kind of project.,definately not julius beger.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Boss13: 8:58am On Jun 27, 2013
I'm actually in uyo at the moment for a retreat. The roads are good and street lights are working. However the houses on close to the roads are not beautiful to look at. It means the pple needs to be empowered.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 27, 2013
Boss13: I'm actually in uyo at the moment for a retreat. The roads are good and street lights are working. However the houses on close to the roads are not beautiful to look at. It means the pple needs to be empowered.
Oga the most important thing is that infrastructure is in place. As for the empowerment, the people suppose use their brain.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by intercom: 9:17am On Jun 27, 2013
really Akwa Ibom Ayaya hmmmm this is nice, Please aside from this, if any of us is close to the governor or the government of AKS, tell them to bring industries to AkS, we need industry because the state is more or less like a Civil Service State (CSS) which should not be. Goodluck Jonathan, Goodluck Godswill, Goodluck Akwa Ibom State and Goodluck me. hahahah. see me @ write2uwem@yahoo.com
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=dirtymoney]
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2012/mar/27/national-27-03-2012-0020.html
Eigth wonder: Is A’Ibom bridge the longest in Africa?
From JOE EFFIONG & AMAOWO UDOFIA
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Which is the longest bridge in Africa? Niger Bridge; Wrong. Third Mainland Bridge? Wrong. Etebi-Enwang Bridge; Correct. And it is in Akwa Ibom State and has already been tagged one of the wonders of the world.If the ThirdMainland Bridge with only 11.82 km in length can hitherto wear the gold medal as the longest bridge in Africa,the Etebi-Enwang Bridge with a total length of 21 Km would not only send Third Mainland Bridge to a distant second position, but would also compete stoutly with the Saudi Arabia’s King Fahd Bridge for a bronze medal as the third longest bridge in the world leaving first and second positions unchallenged to Lake Pontchartrain Causeway in Southern Louisiana, USA with 38.42 Km and Donghai Bridge in China with 32.5km.
The Akwa Ibom state commissioner works, Mr Don Etim, who went on inspection of the wonder bridge on Monday, said that the construction ofthe bridge which is part of Etebi-Enwang Road, started in 2008 and theEtebi -Enwang axis would lead to the proposed Ibaka sea port in the state. The Etebi-Enwang road cuts across Eket and Mbo local government areasof the state. Etim said the construction of the road and bridge had been a great challenge to previous administrations because communities in the area had no roadsthat is why the Akpabio administration had to up the area. Hesaid the contractors working on the project were all screened, as projectsof such nature are not to be carried out in flimsy ways.
The principal consultant of the project, Mr. Victor Annang of Mega Projects International, said the challenges encountered the construction has been enormous. owing to the nature of the soil in the area, as such a beacon pile bridge was a suitable option...READ WAT U AV POSTED AGAIN N TEL ME WHEN "GOD'SWILL" SAID IT WIL B D LONGEST IN AFRICA
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 27, 2013
intercom: really Akwa Ibom Ayaya hmmmm this is nice, Please aside from this, if any of us is close to the governor or the government of AKS, tell them to bring industries to AkS, we need industry because the state is more or less like a Civil Service State (CSS) which should not be. Goodluck Jonathan, Goodluck Godswill, Goodluck Akwa Ibom State and Goodluck me. hahahah. see me @ write2uwem@yahoo.com
that is wat is remaining 4 akwa ibom to do 4 now,atleast they av tried 4 roads n oda infastruture,what is remaining is industries..!Am sure this should b d main goal of the next governor coming,he should fucos mainly on turning akwaibom into an industrial state...!God'swill av tried his best n what is left 4 d next governor to do is build companies n develop tourism...!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by BabaTony: 9:36am On Jun 27, 2013
intercom: really Akwa Ibom Ayaya hmmmm this is nice, Please aside from this, if any of us is close to the governor or the government of AKS, tell them to bring industries to AkS, we need industry because the state is more or less like a Civil Service State (CSS) which should not be. Goodluck Jonathan, Goodluck Godswill, Goodluck Akwa Ibom State and Goodluck me. hahahah. see me @ write2uwem@yahoo.com

Governments don't bring industries to a place. Whats does is good infrastructure (which the government has provided), market viability (160 million ppl no be small market, capital (I know the government and some relations are ready to provide but some ppl rather just buy cars and droive around with it and ask for more and finally your brain (this one God give every akwa ibom person but some have totally refused to use it). By the way must industries always come in? Why can't you start one no matter how small. Use your brain brother and encourage others to do same, industries go plenty, have a nice day!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Symphony007: 10:05am On Jun 27, 2013
loswhite: what is d meaning of this nonsense u posted? So because there us no bridge linking bonny island to port hacourt every other bridge should wait till dey construct one to Bonny abi. B4 u post nonsense find out why they hav not build d bridge. Ppl in Bonny hav been frustrating the plans including their chiefs as @ 2005 to 2007 and their are other constrains. Without the bridge LNG and shell terminal r already impacting on the economy
i will not engage in childish name calling with you cause apparently, i am above you so let me just get straight to the point. Which bonny chiefs are fustrating bonny-port harcourt road? Is it the same road that the amayanabo talks about whenever any federal politician pays a coutesy visit to him? The same road bonny chiefs like henry buowari brown and manilla pepple have led delegations to abuja to clamour for? Tell me how the chiefs are fustrating it. Tell me the names of those chiefs. And tell me what power those chiefs have over such a project when edward pepple is the LGA chairman;

secondly, incase you are ignorant to this fact, bonny is the only place in nigeria with uninterrupted power supply, which is also cheap. Do you know how many manufacturing companies will move there for the cheap and stable power but can't as there is no good means of transporting their goods to the mainland or attract workers from the mainland? Do you know how much the economy of that island will move from oil, who told you the road is because of the terminals? I will direct your advice of knowing facts before posting back at you because you need it more.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by flexrivers(m): 10:49am On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: Rubbish! Do this people know the meaning of priorities? They are building a bridge in a areas which will have little or no economic impact in nigeria but there is no road connecting port harcourt to bonny island, the location of the largest oil terminal in west africa, largest LNG plant in africa, the only plave in nigeria that has uninterupted power supply. Do you know what a road linking it to port harcourt will do for the niger delta economy? Yet they keep doing lip service for years. Common sense is not common.
You must be really stupid for making this comment
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by olawalemanog: 11:30am On Jun 27, 2013
justsayemma: 2 me theres noting 2 celebrate here,Ibeno is not 2 populated,n its accesible thro road,i think Bonny needs a bridge most,bt nddc wil look 4 a cheaper project.4 Gej 2 commision dis project,it shows he is jobless,wat hapend 2 d minister of works? Its only wen a govt is nt performing,u c govt claiming cheap glory.i watch 4reign news,n i ve neva seen a president commisioning dis kind of project.we deserve mo dan dis,Nigerians wake up.
This bridge reminds me of those empty tarred roads i used to see at Kolo creek. Shell was made to construct them and it happened that only shell was using them because no one else did.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Symphony007: 11:40am On Jun 27, 2013
flexrivers: You must be really stupid for making this comment

really? Any reason why the comment is silly? Or your brain can't phantom one?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2013
sambony4luv: and Akpabio is now the cement mixer Abi? You talk trash and will always remain in that blind state Uar in, do u know wat it takes nddc to build a bridge, don't u know there's a big difference between building a bridge and constructing a flyover which the noise maker Akpabio champion in.

U post sound daft. No bearing whatsoever and adds zero value to the topic of discussion. Your brain needs to be thoroughly washed. Nonsense
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by BabaTony: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
olawalemanog:
This bridge reminds me of those empty tarred roads i used to see at Kolo creek. Shell was made to construct them and it happened that only shell was using them because no one else did.

Hello. ... have you been to this bridge before? I'm sure not. That bridge will serve its purpose which is linking communities on the island with the mainland. The fact that it wasn't constructed in your village does not make it not to be used. If you think those communities are only good to produce oil from then you better have a rethink.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 12:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
olawalemanog:

Natives seems to be increasing in number in Kolo Creek. Was there couple of months ago.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by vizboy(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Emmadani: u ar stewpid.But if it was "fashola as built 4th mainland bridge" e 4 make front page abi?
abeg wetin come bring that one na. I do make then carry topic go front page u come dey insult me whyyyy
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ofonimeumoh: 4:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
mmmustapha: 2015, North is waiting.

North is waiting for what! Stop dreaming. GEJ till 2019. Then after that GEJ will go for Single Six years. 2015 is not your Birthright. Stop waiting....Go and form another country and do born to rule...aboki
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Jun 27, 2013
[size=18pt]600m is what Falilat Ogunkoya or Chioma Ajunwa would run in 1 minute[/size]
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ofonimeumoh: 4:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: before this bridge there are already roads leading to ibeno, it is not like this bridge is a saving life line for them, i seriously doubt the correctness of your 40% figure but majority if not all oil gotten by shell in the niger delta is sent to the bonny oil terminal for onward export abroad but that same bonny does'nt have a single link road to port harcourt, travelers in 2013 still have to ply a dangerous sea to get to the island. Go google bonny island and ibeno and tell me economically, who is more important.

You want govt to build a bridge from Bonny to Port Harcourt. Do you know long that bridge will be? Have you elevated the EIA of such a project? Do you know the dangers of building such a bridge into the Atlantic ocean? Do you know the number of pipelines that will be destroyed?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ba7man(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
dayokanu: [size=18pt]600m is what Falilat Ogunkoya or Chioma Ajunwa would run in 1 minute[/size]
Abeg, cool down for this bridge, would you prefer she swam it??

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ketoprofen(m): 6:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
barcanista: Oga the most important thing is that infrastructure is in place. As for the empowerment, the people suppose use their brain.

exactly, the ppl shd use their brains to gain from the infrastructure- the roads,water supply , the bridge shd ensure ease of transport srom one community to anoda, etc. dont mind those pooor yorubas that think every group of ppl are lazy like them. if the houses in akwa ibom not been fine means poverty, i can see the finenss of ibadan buildings.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by BabaTony: 8:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
Governments don't bring industries to a place. Whats does is good infrastructure (which the government has provided), market viability (160 million ppl no be small market, capital (I know the government and some relations are ready to provide but some ppl rather just buy cars and droive around with it and ask for more and finally your brain (this one God give every akwa ibom person but some have totally refused to use it). By the way must industries always come in? Why can't you start one no matter how small. Use your brain brother and encourage others to do same, industries go plenty, have a nice day!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ijawcitizen(m): 8:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
Demdem:

Natives seems to be increasing in number in Kolo Creek. Was there couple of months ago.
WoW!
As always the imaginations of your deluded brain is taking you thru' all parts of Niger Delta. Happy hallucinations!

3 Likes

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by samilo88(m): 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2013
Symphony007: before this bridge there are already roads leading to ibeno, it is not like this bridge is a saving life line for them, i seriously doubt the correctness of your 40% figure but majority if not all oil gotten by shell in the niger delta is sent to the bonny oil terminal for onward export abroad but that same bonny does'nt have a single link road to port harcourt, travelers in 2013 still have to ply a dangerous sea to get to the island. Go google bonny island and ibeno and tell me economically, who is more important.
Bros am not in war with you on which is more of economic significance between ibeno and bonny island. I only tried to correct what you said that ibeno has no economic importance. As regards the 40% you should check it out, because ExxonMobil accounts for 40% of nigeria's crude oil production and they operate solely in akwa ibom.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Symphony007: 9:33pm On Jun 27, 2013
ofonimeumoh:

You want govt to build a bridge from Bonny to Port Harcourt. Do you know long that bridge will be? Have you elevated the EIA of such a project? Do you know the dangers of building such a bridge into the Atlantic ocean? Do you know the number of pipelines that will be destroyed?
mister. They won't build a bridge the entire length of the bonny sea id that is what you are think, which is shockingly absurd. There is a swamp throught ogoni that can be dualized and with the road and a couple small bridges to bridge the gap where there is water, the road will ber complete and will cost less than the billions thrown away for trash like national identity card.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 7:37am On Jun 28, 2013
ijaw citizen: WoW!
As always the imaginations of your deluded brain is taking you thru' all parts of Niger Delta. Happy hallucinations!

u and ur likes are just bunch of jokers. Is it that peeps dont live close to shell facilities on the creek or what exactly are u saying? For ur info, i lodged in a local hotel not far away from the facilities. The night life there was enjoyable. Such can happen if its a secluded area.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by baddest2003(m): 9:51am On Jun 28, 2013
Ders no such bridge in Ibeno...This is a false info.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Senate Orders Investigation Of Okechukwu Elenema, Four Banks Over Mtn’s $13.9B / Julius Berger, RCC Threaten To Abandon Works On Lagos-ibadan Expressway / Buhari's 2019 Presidential Campaign Headquarter In Jigawa State (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.