Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,363 members, 7,812,037 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:56 AM

GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) (20839 Views)

Buhari Opens The National Economic Council Retreat Today (Photos) / Akpabio Opens The Abak River Bridge Constructed By Julius Berger Pictures / Jonathan Commissions The Flyover Bridge At Kundila Roundabout, Kano - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Nobody: 10:30am On Jun 28, 2013
ketoprofen:

exactly, the ppl shd use their brains to gain from the infrastructure- the roads,water supply , the bridge shd ensure ease of transport srom one community to anoda, etc. dont mind those pooor yorubas that think every group of ppl are lazy like them. if the houses in akwa ibom not been fine means poverty, i can see the finenss of ibadan buildings.
4get al does roads wey u dey c 4 major roads,akwa ibom pple sabi build fine huz o.U won't use the huz u c on major roads to judge d whole akwa ibom.Normally i dnt c y pple shuld build huz/their hum along major roads.Thats y is good to plan a city b4 developing it in d case of abuja.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 11:45am On Jun 28, 2013
baddest2003: Ders no such bridge in Ibeno...This is a false info.

What do u mean? Are u from ibeno?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ijawcitizen(m): 12:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

u and ur likes are just bunch of jokers. Is it that peeps dont live close to shell facilities on the creek or what exactly are u saying? For ur info, i lodged in a local hotel not far away from the facilities. The night life there was enjoyable. Such can happen if its a secluded area.
When you visit a cultured and advanced people from your Black Hole of Hopelessness you call S.E, you end up admiring Ijaws. Aren't you one of those crooks who describe Ijaws as lazy bunch of ogogoro drunkards? Now I'm sure you'd end up denying being Igbo and take up Ijaw citizenship like your relatives of old who sold themselves into slavery to us just to have a feel of advanced civilization where they won't be chased around by Igbo slave hunters/ancient kidnappers even if it means being a slave to an Ijaw man.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Freeanijoo(m): 1:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

i am from ibeno and i can tell you that the said bridge exist but it is a scam. The people of ibeno are protesting against this bridge because the ibo man (Tony Chukwu) that executed the project is believed to have contracted a construction company not fit for the job.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 2:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijaw citizen: When you visit a cultured and advanced people from your Black Hole of Hopelessness you call S.E, you end up admiring Ijaws. Aren't you one of those crooks who describe Ijaws as lazy bunch of ogogoro drunkards? Now I'm sure you'd end up denying being Igbo and take up Ijaw citizenship like your relatives of old who sold themselves into slavery to us just to have a feel of advanced civilization where they won't be chased around by Igbo slave hunters/ancient kidnappers even if it means being a slave to an Ijaw man.

I think u are really lost. I have never for once claimed ibo neither have I ever claimed Ijaw. Infact I believe both nationalities are different.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Jun 28, 2013
Freeanijoo: i am from ibeno and i can tell you that the said bridge exist but it is a scam. The people of ibeno are protesting against this bridge because the ibo man (Tony Chukwu) that executed the project is believed to have contracted a construction company not fit for the job.

I knew this will happen. It happens to most NDDC contracts.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by baddest2003(m): 2:52pm On Jun 28, 2013
Demdem:

I did my NYSC der n i even stayed der 4 a yr after service,left Ibeno last month...ders no bridge like dat.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by baddest2003(m): 2:56pm On Jun 28, 2013
Freeanijoo: i am from ibeno and i can tell you that the said bridge exist but it is a scam. The people of ibeno are protesting against this bridge because the ibo man (Tony Chukwu) that executed the project is believed to have contracted a construction company not fit for the job.
Please is this bridge suppose 2 connect Ibeno 2 Eket or somewhere else?cos me stayed in Ibeno/Eket 4 a long time n i didnt hear anyfin abt such a bridge.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ijawcitizen(m): 3:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
Bros pls which part of Ibeno are you from?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Demdem(m): 3:21pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijaw citizen: Bros pls which part of Ibeno are you from?

Don't u think apologising should be next after accusing me falsely? Eat ur pride and be a man.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Freeanijoo(m): 6:10pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijaw citizen: Bros pls which part of Ibeno are you from?
. Upenekang
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Freeanijoo(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
baddest2003:
Please is this bridge suppose 2 connect Ibeno 2 Eket or somewhere else?cos me stayed in Ibeno/Eket 4 a long time n i didnt hear anyfin abt such a bridge.
well the bridge is connecting the people of ikotutip to the main land.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ijawcitizen(m): 6:32pm On Jun 28, 2013
Freeanijoo: . Upenekang
Thanks so much bro, pls permit me to digress on this topic a little.

I've read a lot of publications about the language classification of the Ibeno & Andoni (Obolo) people. But having listened to the language myself, I think it bears no resemblance in accent and intonation to the typical Ibibio/Efik language known all over the country as Calabar.

I've also read conflicting reports as to their actual origin/ancestry, I'd want to know if it points towards Ijaw or Ibibio/Efik or both.

Pls I'd love to learn more about the ethnic identity of the Ibeno & Andoni people. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by Freeanijoo(m): 7:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijaw citizen: Thanks so much bro, pls permit me to digress on this topic a little.

I've read a lot of publications about the language classification of the Ibeno & Andoni (Obolo) people. But having listened to the language myself, I think it bears no resemblance in accent and intonation to the typical Ibibio/Efik language known all over the country as Calabar.

I've also read conflicting reports as to their actual origin/ancestry, I'd want to know if it points towards Ijaw or Ibibio/Efik or both.

Pls I'd love to learn more about the ethnic identity of the Ibeno & Andoni people. Thanks in anticipation.
if u dont mind, can you launch a new thread for this topic?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ijawcitizen(m): 9:41pm On Jun 28, 2013
Freeanijoo: if u dont mind, can you launch a new thread for this topic?
That would attract a lot of unwanted attention and if you really know Nairalanders and their antecedents of flaunting chronic ignorance esp. those from S.E who already edited wikipedia to paste Igbo doctrines in the page on Andoni (Obolo). Pls I believe you can teach us here since this post is equally about Ibeno people.

Best regards!
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by ujoinme: 9:48pm On Jun 28, 2013
ijaw citizen: That would attract a lot of unwanted attention and if you really know Nairalanders and their antecedents of flaunting chronic ignorance esp. those from S.E who already edited wikipedia to paste Igbo doctrines in the page on Andoni (Obolo). Pls I believe you can teach us here since this post is equally about Ibeno people.

Best regards!

not the place for such discussion. please dont derail the thread.
do understand your concern, if you dont want another thread please send private email to one another.
but i think thats a nice topic which i myself will be interested in, and i believe that others will be too
I can start the thread for u guys if u like?
Re: GEJ Opens The 600meter Bridge At Ibeno (PICTURE) by BabaTony: 9:13pm On Jun 29, 2013
For those of you who say this bridge doesn't exist and claim to be from ibeno it is either you are a bloody liar or you never reach house for long time or you just like typing rubbish on nairaland without doing a proper cross check on things or you no sabi any for your own local government.

Read below:

As most   communities in the country continue to enjoy the provision of democracy dividends, 30 communities in Akwa Ibom State are  now grateful for having direct contact with their kith and kin for the first time since their existence as a people due to the construction of an almost one kilometre bridge in the mangrove terrain of Ibeno. Correspondent ANOLU VINCENThighlights  the benefits of democracy dividends as the Federal Government gets set to commission  the  project.A very passionate mood expressed by both the old and young comprising men, women, jumping, dancing, singing and praising God for giving them a new lease of life was occasioned by the construction of the all important Ibeno bridge located in Iwuoachang-Ibeno Local Government Area of Akwa Ibom State. This, indeed, informs a visitor to the area that they were overwhelmed with joy because they could now interact with their kith and kin in their neighbouring communities which had eluded them since creation.One of the community leaders in the area, Ibrewong Andrew, recalled how difficult it was for the communities to access neighbouring communities because, according to him, they were separated by the river which connects to the Atlantic Ocean. In the words of Ibrewong, “now we can easily cross the river through the bridge and go anywhere in the world we wish.”He recalled with disrelish, that the many deaths being recorded in the communities by boat accident (which occurred regularly) and the difficulty which the people had encountered by sending their sick people and pregnant women to access better medical facilities elsewhere, had joyfully come to an end.“We say thank you God for making us see this new day. We did not know that a local contractor could do this kind of quality project, which other foreign firms had rejected because of the bad terrain of our area. We recommend that the federal government and the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) in their usual magnanimity should extend the contract to the remaining communities of Ntafere, Ntabirikang, and Opolom,” Andrew stated.The 6.5 kilometre road/bridge project which is called Iko-Atab-Rikang-Akata-Opolom- Ikot-Ewang-Okoroutip-Iwuochang road was awarded by the NDDC to a local contractor – Viche Resources Nigeria Limited. The decision to award this particular project was as a result of second-thought syndrome after having tried other foreign firms which could not succeed due to the swampy terrain of the area. However, the project did not take off immediately due to certain challenges bordering on design, community skepticism, and so on.Despite the numerous challenges encountered by the contractor, it had one option, which was to ensure the job was delivered to Nigerians at least to prove that indigenous contractors could execute major and challenging construction projects no matter the terrain of the area involved, even in the country. To this end, Viche Resources Nigeria Limited delved into action and deployed all the best local engineers available to be able to give to Nigeria, what one could refer to as an engineering marvel.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

80 Lawyers Appear For Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal / PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Sanwo-Olu Orders Demolition Of Jankara, Bombata Markets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.