Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,952 members, 7,814,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:29 AM

Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President (32661 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Korede Bello Makes Mistake While Greeting President Buhari / Military Stops Amaechi From Inspecting Polling Units In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by everyday: 10:23am On Jun 27, 2013
Is this child play.They should all grow out of it,the future of our country is at stake
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 27, 2013
Team GEJ
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Amazondepth(m): 10:24am On Jun 27, 2013
Never ever take d spotlight out of d master in view.Amaechi is sure biting more than he can chew politically.he shld quietly resolve his differences with his kinsman and boss instead of seeking cheap sympathy that will take him nowhr.he continues to dance to the macabre tunes of a dirge and his so called supporters urge him on to a sure political suicide.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Freiburger(m): 10:26am On Jun 27, 2013
That bush man's mentality will never come to an end. undecided
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by tomakint: 10:31am On Jun 27, 2013
CHESSBOARD:

which beaf is this
The fake one! undecided
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by wckabuoh(m): 10:48am On Jun 27, 2013
I get disappointed with Jonathan every single day...........Becoming a thin god isn't Y we gave U our votes!!!
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by 1209hsn: 10:51am On Jun 27, 2013
Ameachi is wrong here, what does he want to greet the president for, he disappointed us he is weak
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Akainzo(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2013
Nwa Teacher: Amaechi is a disappointment to the south south. Why should Amaechi alien with the north to fight his own brothers. Look at the list of governors in attendance to his so called NGF meeting. Apart from Adams, all are northerners he is using to fight his brother. Why should you think of greeting Gej after ploting evil against him d same hour you suppose to be with him and is because of it dat made you to come late. A president is already on seat with other 2 presidents b4 ur arrival and you want to breach all the protocols to greet him. Why not wait after the meeting? Amaechi, go and ask where Gov. Silva is and how he ended up his political career b4 u continue fighting a fight that u can't wait to finish

But you were hailing the Northerners that voted for GEJ over their brother Atiku at the PDP Presidential Primaries right?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Anabaraonyepete(m): 10:56am On Jun 27, 2013
30th TO COMMENT... THROWING PARTY FOR THAT!!! angry undecided cry
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Connoisseur(m): 10:57am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: The bodyguard adhered to the security and protocol regulations. The fact that the president arrived before him, and was already seated with other guests(presidents of two other countries) and not forgetting that the security details of the two visiting presidents would also be at alert as well. To allow him breach protocol, even if his intention was to greet the president as a form of courtesy derides the "presidency".

Even though Amaechi has my sympathy, you are so on point
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Wisdytech(m): 10:58am On Jun 27, 2013
its best known to them! Coz they hate self respect................
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by camelus: 11:00am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: I am no Pro-Jonathan, and neither is Amaechi a revolutionist even though I support his 19-16 votes! The bottom line is, he tried to breach not only the president's security but that of the two other visiting presidents whose security details will be at alert as well, and they did their job by "blocking" him. There is nothing in this report to impute that it was the president who gave orders to the bodyguard.
Simple !!!
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 27, 2013
Amaechi is becoming confused by the day.

Your state party asked you to reinstate embattled elected Obio-akpor local government chairman you removed through your rubber stamp legislative arm because of his loyalty to Nyesom Wike and you flaunt the directive. They( state party) petitioned the party headquarters and yet again you snubbed the directive of reinstating a democratically elected local government chairman when they compelled you to.

The national working committee of the party met and discharged their constitutional responsibility which you are suppose to abide with. So ashamed you don't even know where you started your macabre dance

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by wirinet(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2013
Although I align with Amaechi in this whole drama because I believe in a true federalism a governor should be independent of the president and political alignments should by negotiations and not intimidation or threats, I believe was wrong for Amaechi to get up in the middle a program against official protocol and walk up to the president on the high table with visiting heads of state, just to shake the president. If the security official had allowed that to happen, he should be sacked.

Greetings and banters are usually exchanged after an official program as a mark of respect.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by newtoneni(m): 11:03am On Jun 27, 2013
With due respect to Gov. C.R. Amaechi, has he forgetting so soon how he suspended some LG. chairmen for coming late to meeting he held in Govt house and instructed them to handover to their deputies Was that not WITCH HUNTING?. The security would have barred those 15 thieves i mean Govs for coming late... most of those criminals have stolen enough from their various local Govt.council. that is why they are so comfortable with care-taker committee's in their states. Gov. Amaechi has also forgotten so soon in RSUST when prof Fakaye came 5th in an election conducted to produce the next VC of the institution Amaechi insist that prof FAKAYE must be the VC or the aggrieved parties should go to court and challeng him is that being DEMOCRATIC he should stop crying and face the music be Fool.........

7 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by ifyfaith: 11:11am On Jun 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had prevented him from greeting Jonathan ? I hate the hypocrisy displayed on this forum by jonathan's bootlickers who desperately want to justify the undemocratic tencencies of Jonathan.

Amaechi should just ignore these kleptomaniacs,Nigerians know how desperately Jonathan wanted 2015 and would stop at nothing at eliminating all obstacles on his path.Later on,these same rettards will call Buhari a dictator.
but Jang did not do that because he knew it was not right. if Amechi had wanted to pay homage, he should have bn there on time to do that not to come and show off when everyone else was sitted just to look for anoda story to tell
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by olawalemanog: 11:15am On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: Just because my comment does not align with your thinking! You need help!
Did you say comment? I'll check my dictionary.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by olawalemanog: 11:18am On Jun 27, 2013
[quote author=newton eni]With due respect to Gov. C.R. Amaechi, has he forgetting so soon how he suspended some LG. chairmen for coming late to meeting he held in Govt house and instructed them to handover to their deputies Was that not WITCH HUNTING?. The security would have barred those 15 thieves i mean Govs for coming late... most of those criminals have stolen enough from their various local Govt.council. that is why they are so comfortable with care-taker committee's in their states. Gov. Amaechi has also forgotten so soon in RSUST when prof Fakaye came 5th in an election conducted to produce the next VC of the institution Amaechi insist that prof FAKAYE must be the VC or the aggrieved parties should go to court and challeng him is that being DEMOCRATIC he should stop crying and face the music be Fool.........[/quote
Yes,it is. In a democracy, if you are aggrieved, you go to court.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by tiwasiaife(m): 11:21am On Jun 27, 2013
OlumegbonMutair: I think it is good for us to be mindful of our choice of words.The Gov. Rotimi Amechi that i know is a decent lawyer that always follows the rule of law.For someone to refered to him as thug or hooligan,there must be something.
olodo,amechi is not a lawyer!
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by olawalemanog: 11:22am On Jun 27, 2013
LastApostle: Amaechi is becoming confused by the day.

Your state party asked you to reinstate embattled elected Obio-akpor local government chairman you removed through your rubber stamp legislative arm because of his loyalty to Nyesom Wike and you flaunt the directive. They( state party) petitioned the party headquarters and yet again you snubbed the directive of reinstating a democratically elected local government chairman when they compelled you to.

The national working committee of the party met and discharged their constitutional responsibility which you are suppose to abide with. So ashamed you don't even know where you started your macabre dance
Haba! You wasted all this grammar and yet you made no sense. Is there really a relationship bw fluency in language and intelligence? With what i have just read, i don't think there is.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by collynzo2(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2013
mikijagga:

Guy!! I buy for u o. Who ever told you that Amaechi is a lawyer??. He read English(B.A.) in River State Uni. of Tech called RSUST.

Why do people peddle false information??
You are also wrong, Amaechi schooled at Uniport not UST.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by thelastPope(m): 11:29am On Jun 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had prevented him from greeting Jonathan ? I hate the hypocrisy displayed on this forum by jonathan's bootlickers who desperately want to justify the undemocratic tencencies of Jonathan.

Amaechi should just ignore these kleptomaniacs,Nigerians know how desperately Jonathan wanted 2015 and would stop at nothing at eliminating all obstacles on his path.Later on,these same rettards will call Buhari a dictator.

@takedat is not a GEJ supporter so you are way out of line. She is actually an APC fan. I respect the fact that she has moved to the middle in recent times. Though not exactly the middle but I respect the fact she is objective as opposed to the past when she was on the extreme left with you guys. You are an unrepentant sycophant!... grin
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by OdionOdion: 11:31am On Jun 27, 2013
newton eni: With due respect to Gov. C.R. Amaechi, has he forgetting so soon how he suspended some LG. chairmen for coming late to meeting he held in Govt house and instructed them to handover to their deputies Was that not WITCH HUNTING?. The security would have barred those 15 thieves i mean Govs for coming late... most of those criminals have stolen enough from their various local Govt.council. that is why they are so comfortable with care-taker committee's in their states. Gov. Amaechi has also forgotten so soon in RSUST when prof Fakaye came 5th in an election conducted to produce the next VC of the institution Amaechi insist that prof FAKAYE must be the VC or the aggrieved parties should go to court and challeng him is that being DEMOCRATIC he should stop crying and face the music be Fool.........
POINT PLANK,pity the agbero governor,he will soon hands up

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Localtrouble: 11:37am On Jun 27, 2013
PointB: If he wanted to 'greet' the President, Ameachi should have arrived earlier or wait for the chance after the event. Imagine if all those who came late decide to take turns to 'greet' the President.

Imagine?! If Ameachi was in GEJs position he would not take half the rubbish GEJs taking from him. Why do some of us support blindly..if a younger sibling insults us what would we do? Tell that man Ameachi to respect Authority and stop playing to the gallery for all to see cause on a normal day I can't imagine him greeting GEJ, good thing they stopped him..the same man sacked people for attending his meeting late, haba mana. People should be reasonable in their judgement

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Myself2(m): 11:40am On Jun 27, 2013
With each passing day,Amaechi keeps displaying the tout in him
He not only breached protocol by arriving when the president was already seated,he is lucky he and his gang were even allowed into the venue.
Was it not Oshiomhole that went to some schools in Edo state sometime back,he ensured to arrive before 8am and any other staff of the school that arrived after 8am,he sacked them.
They were lucky they were allowed into the venue at all,I would have turned all of them back to wherever they were coming from,bunch of hypocritical rascals

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Localtrouble: 11:46am On Jun 27, 2013
collynzo2: You are also wrong, Amaechi schooled at Uniport not UST.

Lai Lai..he was WAF in Fac of Law UST(reason why he has so much bile for the school), and then went on to study english in Uniport. Got his Law degree much later
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by ATMCARD2(m): 11:52am On Jun 27, 2013
emekatimsu: There was mild drama on Wednesday night at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, venue of the Presidential dinner organised by President Goodluck Jonathan, news website, The Eagle Online, is reporting. A presidential bodyguard stopped embattled Rivers state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, from getting close
to President Jonathan to pay homage.

Mr. Amaechi, who is the chairman of the Nigeria
Governors’ Forum (NGF), and his loyalists arrived the venue when the event was already in progress. They came in from the Rivers Governor’s lodge where they met earlier for about 15 minutes and then adjourned to honour the President’s invitation. On his entourage were Governors Kayode Fayemi
(Ekiti); Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun); Adams Oshiomole (Edo); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Rabiu Kwankwanso (Kano); Abdulazeez Kyari-(Zamfara); Muritala Nyako (Adamawa) and Magartakada Wamakko (Sokoto). Governor Amaechi, after settling down, got up and made his way towards where President Goodluck Jonathan was seated in company of Presidents Joyce Banda of Malawi and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia, apparently to pay homage. However, a presidential bodyguard blocked the governor from meeting the President. The
Governor resisted for a while but had to return to his seat when it was glaring the bodyguard won’t allow him. Also, Governor Amaechi, who was seated in company of the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Godswil Amaechi, was not recognised at the event while Mr. Akpabio was introduced as chairman of the PDP Governors Forum. The paper also reported an altercation between Amaechi and Akpabio. The duo reportedly accused each other of being undemocratic. “You are not democratic”, Mr. Amaechi told Akpabio and the latter insatantly fired back, “You too, you are not democratic”. Few minutes after that, Governors Amaechi, Fayemi and Oshiomole left the venue. On his way out, Governor Amaechi fielded questions from journalists. The following conversation ensued between him and State House correspondents. Is your presence here with other governors an indication that the problem in NGF has been resolved? Amaechi: Was NGF sick? I don’t know about factions. We are holding NGF meeting and we agreed that those of us who were there should honour the President and attend the dinner, we have attended, you saw all of them, some have left
and I am leaving too Did you tell Governor Jang there is meeting now? Amaechi: He was invited. What is my business if he is not there? 16 to 19. Are you not a Nigerian? 16 governors voted for him, 19 governors voted for me. If he does not accept the 19, he is undemocratic. Anybody who supports him, including television houses, are also undemocratic. I have said it in a statement that if at any point in time we cannot uphold what 19 governors said, then we should be afraid of 2015. If the PDP is suspending me for that reason, too bad. We must learn to be democratic. I am not aware that the party has given any reason for suspending me, if that is the reason, too bad. The party is yet to give any reason for my suspension. I am not aware
that the party suspended me for winning an election.

What is the way forward? Amaechi: That is the question to ask Jang and those who are supporting him. Those with me are in majority.

www.Premiumtimesng.com/news/139709-Jonathans-bodyguard-blocks-amaechi-from-greeting-president-html
.FALSE NEWS....I watched d progrm live 4rm A-Z....and nofin hpnd.FAKE NEWS
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by GOLIDIVA: 11:55am On Jun 27, 2013
PointB: If he wanted to 'greet' the President, Ameachi should have arrived earlier or wait for the chance after the event. Imagine if all those who came late decide to take turns to 'greet' the President.
Don't mind them. Some people are blinded by sentiment. In a meeting of such magnitude him(Amaechi) and Mr President who is to be seated first? They may have their personal grudge against each other but he shouldn't have allowed it to make him look down on the office of the president by arriving few minutes after the president and still want to go n 'greet' him.
Well, I may be wrong though. Its a diner and the host ought to be there to welcome his guests #my thoughts though#
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Akainzo(m): 11:57am On Jun 27, 2013
Myself2: With each passing day,Amaechi keeps displaying the tout in him
He not only breached protocol by arriving when the president was already seated,he is lucky he and his gang were even allowed into the venue.
Was it not Oshiomhole that went to some schools in Edo state sometime back,he ensured to arrive before 8am and any other staff of the school that arrived after 8am,he sacked them.
They were lucky they were allowed into the venue at all,I would have turned all of them back to wherever they were coming from,bunch of hypocritical rascals

It amazes me that you do not know the difference between an Employer-Employee relations as compared to the Executive structure within the country! Did you not learn it in secondary school? Haba!
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Akainzo(m): 11:59am On Jun 27, 2013
Localtrouble:

Lai Lai..he was WAF in Fac of Law UST(reason why he has so much bile for the school), and then went on to study english in Uniport. Got his Law degree much later

So if he LEFT and WENT TO Uniport, why then do you say he studied at UST? Are these things hard to comprehend?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by OlumegbonMutair: 12:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
Brothers,in as much as i respect individuals opinion,i still find it ridiculous for citizens to be insulting the leaders publiclly.Be it president,governor or what have you,it doesnt make sense.Having said that,you need to properly check his credentials,he had LLB after his BA.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by delvinmaya(m): 12:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nigerians sure don't disappoint. Our thinking is sometimes skewered. First, there are witnesses who say they watched the event live, and the claims of the newspaper are wrong. Rather than criticize bad journalism, some people out of hate decide to insult their president, calling him all sorts of unprintable names. Two, coming or rather going late to an official program is a norm we are used to and its wrong. Amaechi and his cohorts should have been locked out. Hearing instances of their own high handedness ought to open our eyes to the hypocrites they are. Three, its a disrespect to the higher authority for you to come late to an event when ur "boss" is seated, and its foolishness to proceed to want to go greet him, belittles authority and procedure. And also breaches security. Even in the US, such dare not happen, so why must Amaechi then feel aggrieved.
Being objective helps a lot, also not being gullible defines our characters. Some comments thus make u wonder if we are being objective

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

President Buhari May Return Next Week; Sahara Reporters / Sanwo-Olu: Igbo Man Will Be Governor Of Lagos One Day / Labour Party Factions Clash At Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.