Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President (32660 Views)

Police Prevents Wike And Amaechi From Entering Mile One Police Station (Pics) / Korede Bello Makes Mistake While Greeting President Buhari / Military Stops Amaechi From Inspecting Polling Units In The State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Afroconnect: 12:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
emekatimsu: There was mild drama on Wednesday night at the Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja, venue of the Presidential dinner organised by President Goodluck Jonathan, news website, The Eagle Online, is reporting. A presidential bodyguard stopped embattled Rivers state Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, from getting close
to President Jonathan to pay homage.

Mr. Amaechi, who is the chairman of the Nigeria
Governors’ Forum (NGF), and his loyalists arrived the venue when the event was already in progress. They came in from the Rivers Governor’s lodge where they met earlier for about 15 minutes and then adjourned to honour the President’s invitation. On his entourage were Governors Kayode Fayemi
(Ekiti); Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun); Adams Oshiomole (Edo); Sule Lamido (Jigawa); Rabiu Kwankwanso (Kano); Abdulazeez Kyari-(Zamfara); Muritala Nyako (Adamawa) and Magartakada Wamakko (Sokoto). Governor Amaechi, after settling down, got up and made his way towards where President Goodluck Jonathan was seated in company of Presidents Joyce Banda of Malawi and Ellen Johnson Sirleaf of Liberia, apparently to pay homage. However, a presidential bodyguard blocked the governor from meeting the President. The
Governor resisted for a while but had to return to his seat when it was glaring the bodyguard won’t allow him. Also, Governor Amaechi, who was seated in company of the chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum, Godswil Amaechi, was not recognised at the event while Mr. Akpabio was introduced as chairman of the PDP Governors Forum. The paper also reported an altercation between Amaechi and Akpabio. The duo reportedly accused each other of being undemocratic. “You are not democratic”, Mr. Amaechi told Akpabio and the latter insatantly fired back, “You too, you are not democratic”. Few minutes after that, Governors Amaechi, Fayemi and Oshiomole left the venue. On his way out, Governor Amaechi fielded questions from journalists. The following conversation ensued between him and State House correspondents. Is your presence here with other governors an indication that the problem in NGF has been resolved? Amaechi: Was NGF sick? I don’t know about factions. We are holding NGF meeting and we agreed that those of us who were there should honour the President and attend the dinner, we have attended, you saw all of them, some have left
and I am leaving too Did you tell Governor Jang there is meeting now? Amaechi: He was invited. What is my business if he is not there? 16 to 19. Are you not a Nigerian? 16 governors voted for him, 19 governors voted for me. If he does not accept the 19, he is undemocratic. Anybody who supports him, including television houses, are also undemocratic. I have said it in a statement that if at any point in time we cannot uphold what 19 governors said, then we should be afraid of 2015. If the PDP is suspending me for that reason, too bad. We must learn to be democratic. I am not aware that the party has given any reason for suspending me, if that is the reason, too bad. The party is yet to give any reason for my suspension. I am not aware
that the party suspended me for winning an election.

What is the way forward? Amaechi: That is the question to ask Jang and those who are supporting him. Those with me are in majority.

www.Premiumtimesng.com/news/139709-Jonathans-bodyguard-blocks-amaechi-from-greeting-president-html
The NGF is heating the polity for nothing,it has no benefit for Nigeria-it only serve politicians in their quest for relevance-i wonder why Nigerians waste time discussing it.let them kill themselves-bloody criminal Governors.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by luluosas(m): 12:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
Over-zealousness! Nigeria itself is a drama.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by deletrue: 12:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
~Bluetooth:

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had prevented him from greeting Jonathan ? I hate the hypocrisy displayed on this forum by jonathan's bootlickers who desperately want to justify the undemocratic tencencies of Jonathan.

Amaechi should just ignore these kleptomaniacs,Nigerians know how desperately Jonathan wanted 2015 and would stop at nothing at eliminating all obstacles on his path.Later on,these same rettards will call Buhari a dictator.
Am so annoyed when some nigerians like this one make remarks that are completely senseless. I quote, ''what if Jang wants to greet jona, would the security personnel prevent Jong from greeting jona'' ? Gents., just evaluate that question? How would you place such individual realising that Ameachi is not in good terms with jona. May God Almighty prevent the ever increasing unreasonable number of nigerians. Too many baby food children in this forum. That is simply the cause of these characters

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by 2chief(m): 12:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
Amaechi is very arrogant.Even here in River State his own tribe's men hate him cause of his arrogancy.Better humble yourself and respect others so God will exhault you but if you continue this way your down fall is less than a quater mile.Lucky you say no be OBJ you dey thouch him tail so.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Myself2(m): 12:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Akainzo:

It amazes me that you do not know the difference between an Employer-Employee relations as compared to the Executive structure within the country! Did you not learn it in secondary school? Haba!

It's your blind support for Amaechi's lunacy that should amaze you,since when did a governor become the employer of a local government chairman.

So because Amaechi is not an employee of the ferderal government,so he should go away and breach established protocol.

Gosh your blind psycophancy sucks
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by tgbaba(m): 1:06pm On Jun 27, 2013
OlumegbonMutair: I think it is good for us to be mindful of our choice of words.The Gov. Rotimi Amechi that i know is a decent( LAWYER)? that always follows the rule of law.For someone to refered to him as thug or hooligan,there must be something.
Since when biko?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by slimghost(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
OlumegbonMutair: I think it is good for us to be mindful of our choice of words.The Gov. Rotimi Amechi that i know is a decent lawyer that always follows the rule of law.For someone to refered to him as thug or hooligan,there must be something.

You must be referring to Amaechi Muonagor right? because the Rotimi Amaechi we know is an arrogant,reckless and proud bastard with little respect for the rule of law.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by nmaihat: 1:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
Delafruita:
perhaps what the writer meant was that amaechi was not recognised as chairman of NGF while akpabio was recognised as chairman of PDP governor's forum

At the event, no one was recognised as Chairman of anything, they were recognised as Governors of their various states n d two governors represented by their deputies were recognised as such. Infact d MC after recognising them attributed their presence to a demonstration of love.The writer I believe had a hidden agenda wen he said Gov.Amaechi wasn't recognised.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by PrinceB1(m): 1:29pm On Jun 27, 2013
Localtrouble:

Lai Lai..he was WAF in Fac of Law UST(reason why he has so much bile for the school), and then went on to study english in Uniport. Got his Law degree much later

Stop the fighting this Ameachi Personal Data
CURRICULUM VITAE

Surname : Amaechi
Other Names : Chibuike Rotimi
Date of birth : 27th may, 1965
Place of birth : Ubima Town, Ikwerre Lga, Rivers State, Nigeria
Local government area : Ikwerre L.G.A. Rivers State, Nigeria
State of origin : Rivers State, Nigeria
Nationality : Nigerian
Religion : Christianity
Marital status : married
Name of wife : Mrs Judith Amaechi
No. Of children : Three

Educational institutions attended with dates

St. Theresa’s primary school, Ubima, 1970 – 1976 (first school leaving certificate)
Government secondary school, Okolobiri, 1977 – 1982 (west African school certificate)
University of port Harcourt, Nigeria 1983 – 1987. (BA. English
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by sheymoni(m): 1:40pm On Jun 27, 2013
ckkris: Gov Jang, as a disciplined, well-trained Officer and Gentleman, would never break protocol. Don't compare him with your area boys and rascals.

You mean the same Gov jang that is very poor in mathematics?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by jentleking(m): 1:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
Pipsland78: Amaechi should quit wasting his time and join APC.

Oh! Really? Are you kidding me?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by jaycee(f): 1:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by jaycee(f): 1:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: KEEP QUIET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Engr(complete ur name ur self, it stinks) dont tell anyone to keep quiet in a SOCIAL forum. this is not a MILITARY forum. if you dont like his/her opinion, please log out of Nairaland.if you know the accurate procedure you state it, and not insult someone who i deem intelligent to explain the situation

1 Like

Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jun 27, 2013
olawalemanog:
Haba! You wasted all this grammar and yet you made no sense. Is there really a relationship bw fluency in language and intelligence? With what i have just read, i don't think there is.
If you had read the entire report as reproduced by the thread opener, you shouldn't have advertise your ignorance so unwittingly.

Amaechi in that report according to the interview he granted said:''I don't even know the reason for my suspension from the party'' (rephrase), and in my response I reminded him of it which his party, the PDP has so much publicised.

Now I guess I made my comment reasonable?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by ddeola: 2:12pm On Jun 27, 2013
Shame on GEJ and his errand boiz tongue tongue tongue
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Toktee(m): 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
ckkris: Gov Jang, as a disciplined, well-trained Officer and Gentleman, would never break protocol. Don't compare him with your area boys and rascals.
Well trained officer dat claim an office with 16 agaist 19,is 16 greater than 19?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by deletrue: 2:15pm On Jun 27, 2013
delvinmaya: Nigerians sure don't disappoint. Our thinking is sometimes skewered. First, there are witnesses who say they watched the event live, and the claims of the newspaper are wrong. Rather than criticize bad journalism, some people out of hate decide to insult their president, calling him all sorts of unprintable names. Two, coming or rather going late to an official program is a norm we are used to and its wrong. Amaechi and his cohorts should have been locked out. Hearing instances of their own high handedness ought to open our eyes to the hypocrites they are. Three, its a disrespect to the higher authority for you to come late to an event when ur "boss" is seated, and its foolishness to proceed to want to go greet him, belittles authority and procedure. And also breaches security. Even in the US, such dare not happen, so why must Amaechi then feel aggrieved.
Being objective helps a lot, also not being gullible defines our characters. Some comments thus make u wonder if we are being objective
Can you imagine this arrogant governor called Ameachi! Don't worry yourself. It is very clear in the holy book, the Bible, that pride is a sin and that such people will be lowered ( will be put to shame). Imagine , he came late, walk straight to jona and wants to greet him. Is anything worst than that? Is that not the highest degree of indesciple? Today he is happy, jumping together with the northners to make jona's administration uncomportable. Time shall tell.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by bumtos(m): 2:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
O ga oooo, Naija for wahala.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by nwachukyval(m): 2:24pm On Jun 27, 2013
indeed this is dram
;Da
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Iniobon(m): 2:34pm On Jun 27, 2013
ATM-CARD:
.FALSE NEWS....I watched d progrm live 4rm A-Z....and nofin hpnd.FAKE NEWS

You only watched what the camera man showed you. Perhaps other Journalist captured it.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Mylove55(f): 2:52pm On Jun 27, 2013
a loser dat is claiming another man victory is discipline,a wel train officer who is not democrat,a gentleman dat is jangaga
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by brightnelly(f): 2:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
engrfcuksmtin: No, it is you that needs help.

Mad people never accepts being Mad!!!

Just saying ooooooooo eheeeeee!!!
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 27, 2013
deletrue: Can you imagine this arrogant governor called Ameachi! Don't worry yourself. It is very clear in the holy book, the Bible, that pride is a sin and that such people will be lowered ( will be put to shame). Imagine , he came late, walk straight to jona and wants to greet him. Is anything worst than that? Is that not the highest degree of indesciple? Today he is happy, jumping together with the northners to make jona's administration uncomportable. Time shall tell.
education is lackin in some of those who pontificate! U've assumed a condescendin posture to degrade english language! It is all rather depressin.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by touchmehard: 3:35pm On Jun 27, 2013
The truth of the matter is that the day these two gentlemen would reconcile, we won't be there.
Meanwhile, the bodyguards may have done that for the sake of the two visiting presidents. Protocol demands that. Assuming there were no foreign presidents at the table, Amaechi may have been allowed to go near and greet the president.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by clint77ng: 3:37pm On Jun 27, 2013
[quote
author=~Bluetooth]

What if it was Jang that went to greet Jonathan,would that bodyguard had
prevented him from greeting Jonathan ? I hate the hypocrisy displayed
on this forum by jonathan's bootlickers who desperately want to justify
the undemocratic tencencies of Jonathan.

Amaechi should just ignore these kleptomaniacs,Nigerians know how
desperately Jonathan wanted 2015 and would stop at nothing at
eliminating all obstacles on his path.Later on,these same rettards will
call Buhari a dictator.[/quote]Amaechi is acting this drama cos of people like u. Jang is matured enough to know the right thing. Amaechi knew and still knows that the security won't let him cos he was late to the meeting and wanted to distract the session by going to say hi to the presido. Was he the only Gov that at that time? why can't he wait till d end of the meeting. Make una judge right oooo.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jun 27, 2013
keep quiet, sule if you don't know what to post, who is area boy? Your papa
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by titiann(f): 3:57pm On Jun 27, 2013
Nawa o,bt why are our leaders acting lyk a clique of silly school girlseven if they have a misunderstanding,where 'ȋ̝̊̅§ there sense of maturity 4 crying out loud!with aℓℓ dis poverty mess Nigeria has found itself in,our president still have tym 4 silly fights.....o brege o! angry
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by mbulela: 4:39pm On Jun 27, 2013
sylve11: if care is not taken, day shall cum when these two shall xchange punches. cool
you wan kill GEJ for Patie?
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by darelar(m): 4:47pm On Jun 27, 2013
What would people like you said, if he had not Make attempt to greet Mr president? Cos we might even think that he is too arrogant.
take dat: I am no Pro-Jonathan, and neither is Amaechi a revolutionist even though I support his 19-16 votes NGF struggle! The bottom line is, he tried to breach not only the president's security but that of the two other visiting presidents whose security details will be at alert as well, and they did their job by "blocking" him. There is nothing in this report to impute that it was the president who gave orders to the bodyguard.
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by yetunsbay(m): 5:08pm On Jun 27, 2013
take dat: ^ Why should he join APC? When did it become a crime to associate with governors from the opposition?
abi o o o
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by yetunsbay(m): 5:14pm On Jun 27, 2013
PointB: If he wanted to 'greet' the President, Ameachi should have arrived earlier or wait for the chance after the event. Imagine if all those who came late decide to take turns to 'greet' the President.
bro we re talkin 'bt NGF chairman ...hin no b alien naw
Re: Jonathan's Bodyguard Blocks Amaechi From Greeting President by Oliseloke(m): 6:59pm On Jun 27, 2013
people who should be role models to the society are behaving like children...i wonder how these people think and what kind of mentality they have....what are perks of this chairman of NGF sef?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Delta 2023: They Want To Disgrace Me, But God Will Disgrace All Of Them — Ibori / Photo Of The Day: Obasanjo's Book Cover Page / President Buhari May Return Next Week; Sahara Reporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.