Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,826 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 - Sports (46) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (58790 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by PapaFejiro: 1:17am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tahiti na basket. Why Torres no score against other big teams?
he scored against Nigeria na lol. he is hated but he keeps grabbing the golden boots and trophies. so he shld be loved and encouraged.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Basilona(m): 1:18am On Jul 01, 2013
I think this loss is the best thing that happened to Spain. They play with the benefit of not being the outright favorites for next year's world cup and this crashing down to earth moment will only help improve on their weaknesses.

For me, I believe they peaked too soon. Also, I don't think Brazil did'nt do themselves much good by stealing the spanish spotlight. Now let see how the cope with the burden of being the clear favorites.

Regardless, i welcome this development. I admit spain has been resting on their laurels and have not been inventive for a while. This tiki-take is kinda borin and predictable. Hope they tweak their game and improve

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by mamagee3(f): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2013
It's funny how people are already downgrading Spain because they lost a tournament that had only 7 opposing teams. . .grin grin

Spanish players were tired and exhausted from Thursday's 122 minute match and looked like they just wanted to get into the plane and go home, they didn't value this tournament after playing a long and never ending semifinal match for a trophy that no team other than brazil have won, lol. grin grin

The tournament didn't even have a quarterfinals match and had just 3 strong teams, the competition, honor and class was so mediocre that even Tahiti qualified. grin grin

It looks like people are forgetting that no team have gone on to win the world cup after winning the confederations cup.

That simply says that this is a yogurt tournament and brazil have always won bread trophies and are nowhere to be found in huge tournaments.

The 2014 World Cup will prove that brazil's performance tonight was just a fluke. tongue
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Lordave: 1:19am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Spain is still the best team in the world and losing to Brazil today doesn't count for sh1t. Tell me any team that has gone over 20 games unbeaten. There's only one spain in the world. The only teams that can give Spain problems next year is Germany and Portugal. Italy were even lucky to go into penalties with Spain in the semis.
you are right. But Spain winning WC back to back is more than a dream.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by biolabee(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2013
see that young brazilian beating his chest..

a star for the future,,, land of soccer
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Oahray: 1:19am On Jul 01, 2013
TechyGuy:

Do you know why Ramos takes penalties for Spain? Go find out.
please tell me. Ramos of all people sad
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Oahray: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
Lordave: transformer no dey your side?
lol. No. You fit help me hug the one for your side? tongue

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Don't downplay the importance of this match and the tournament. I presume you didn't watch the match.
Also remember that The home advantage continues next year during the world cup.

Favorites for the 2014 WC still remain Brazil, Portugal, Germany, Argentina and Netherlands.
Home advantage will still play a part in the world cup but it will count for little. This is just a mini competition and countries were not out to kill themselves like we see in the world cup. Brazil will find it very difficult next year. I just hope they make it to the semis though, so that the spark will still be there. But i don't really see them in the finals.

You name your favorites without adding Spain. Your list is a joke. You deserve to go to jail grin
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

dutch never consistent....

last chance salon for messi n ronaldo to shine at the world national stage

I know but they're always a joy to watch.

I love their style of football and I've always been a Dutch fan, since when Ajax reigned supreme in Europe.

But they're perennial underachievers.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by lineal: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva: I think FIFA should have shouldn't have counted goals scored against Tahiti as far as the golden boot goes. That's why Torres won grin

Good one. Concur!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by biolabee(m): 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
mama-gee:
It's funny how people are already downgrading Spain because they lost a tournament that had only 7 opposing teams. . .grin grin

Spanish players were tired and exhausted from Thursday's 122 minute match and looked like they just wanted to get into the plane and go home, they didn't value this tournament after playing a long and never ending semifinals for a trophy that no team other than brazil have won, lol. grin grin

It looks like people are forgetting that no team have gone on to win the world cup after winning the confederations cup.

That simply says that this is a yogurt tournament and brazil have always won bread trophies and are nowhere to be found in huge tournaments.

The 2014 World Cup will prove that brazil's performance tonight was just a fluke. tongue

saying spain did not want to win the confed cup sorry is sour grapes

Spain are stil favorites for 2014
Brazil are not...
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by sylve11: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
. . . and these guys likes party. cool
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by jeebz: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Don't downplay the importance of this match and the tournament. I presume you didn't watch the match.
Also remember that The home advantage continues next year during the world cup.

Favorites for the 2014 WC still remain Brazil, Portugal, Germany, Argentina and Netherlands.
What is Portugal doing on your list? I was impressed by Brazil, Spain were never really brilliant . Nigeria exposes their numerous weaknesses.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

Word!!

Imagine the audacity of some people calling this Spanish team the greatest team ever!!

The team just peaked at the right time, when others were re-building.

They did something unimaginable. Two Euros and a World cup. Every team were good, no mediocres. For instance the Germans played the first Euro finals against them. With Klose, Schweinsteiger, Lahm etc.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by johnstar(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Ronaldhino was among the best players in Brazil this season, how is that fading early. He won the Champions league for Barca at 26 years.
u dey mind d fool

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Lordave: 1:21am On Jul 01, 2013
mama-gee:

Spanish players were tired and exhausted from Thursday's 122 minute match and looked like they just wanted to get into the plane and go home, they didn't value this tournament after playing a long and never ending semifinals for a trophy that no team other than brazil have won, lol. grin grin

This's what loosers will always say.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 50calibre(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Football hasn't got great entertainers as it once had, all these messi, ronaldo , Neymar are all goal scorers not entertainers

Ronaldinho - Master of snake bite
Zidane - The 360 man
Denilson - Man with the fastest leg over
Jaj jay okocha - The customised jay jay dribble, the only man to beat Oliver khan twice
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Lordave: you are right. But Spain winning WC back to back is more than a dream.
It seems like a dream but it's possible. I'm yet to see a team with exceptional talent as Spain apart from Germany and maybe Portugal. They will find it very difficult but they stand a very good chance.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by BrutusOj(m): 1:21am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva: Brazil should not delude themselves that by beating Spain, they're the best in the world. This is just the confederation cup played on their own turn, so home advantage came handy and actually contributed a great deal to them winning this match. I think they will be humbled next year at the world cup proper. As for Spain, they're not different from Barcelona. They can annihilate any team in the world but when they get beaten, they also get annihilated and find it difficult even scoring a goal. Though i still tip them to win the world cup next year. Brazil doesn't even make it to my top 5 favorite teams to lift the trophy next year. My list includes Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Uruguay.
U see our African mentality ba..u left Nigeria out..so u don't belive we can do it at d world cup?
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:22am On Jul 01, 2013
50calibre: Football hasn't got great entertainers as it once had, all these messi, ronaldo , Neymar are all goal scoters not entertainers

Ronaldinho - Master of snake bite
Zidane - The 360 man
Denilson - Man with the fastest leg over
Jaj jay okocha - The customised jay jay dribble, the only man to beat Oliver khan twice

Football has become more business minded. Players now play to the script of their managing director unlike before when players played their own game.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Limaoscar: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2013
Brazil should not delude themselves that by beating Spain, they're the best in the world. This is just the confederation cup played on their own turn, so home advantage came handy and actually contributed a great deal to them winning this match. I think they will be humbled next year at the world cup proper. As for Spain, they're not different from Barcelona. They can annihilate any team in the world but when they get beaten, they also get annihilated and find it difficult even scoring a goal. Though i still tip them to win the world cup next year. Brazil doesn't even make it to my top 5 favorite teams to lift the trophy next year. My list includes Spain, Germany, Italy, Portugal and Uruguay.

So Brazil won't be playing at home at the world cup.....?
Listen, friend, brazil have worked hard to raise their game...i didn't even give them a chance in this competition but they have come, seen and conquered even in the face of several "home troubles".....i think they are firmly on course to play in the finals of the world cup.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by lineal: 1:22am On Jul 01, 2013
mama-gee:

Speechless. Anyway, I now you're a lovable troll. No shaking. grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Oahray: 1:23am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
It seems like a dream but it's possible. I'm yet to see a team with exceptional talent as Spain apart from Germany and maybe Portugal. They will find it very difficult but they stand a very good chance.
I wouldn't add Portugal to my list grin
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by asascoded(m): 1:23am On Jul 01, 2013
If u won the world cup without beaten Brazil den u are not yet a champion...because football is played the samba style and samba style is brazil waY...SPAIN CAN'T BEAT DAT
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Reference(m): 1:24am On Jul 01, 2013
iyobs7:

Most sensible post ever!!!
Won confederations cup and Luiz praying as if he just won the world cup
Germany or Netherland will yank this Brazilian team

So they said about Spain.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by mamagee3(f): 1:25am On Jul 01, 2013
biolabee:

saying spain did not want to win the confed cup sorry is sour grapes

Spain are stil favorites for 2014
Brazil are not...

Believe me they looked like they wanted to win this tournament until they played the semis. . .grin grin

The players probably felt that the physical and mental anguish didn't fit the honor and so didn't take it seriously afterwards. grin grin

That's just my opinion though
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Lordave: 1:25am On Jul 01, 2013
Oahray: lol. No. You fit help me hug the one for your side? tongue
we no get for our side. Na kerosine dey power my TV.
You fit still drink otapiapia, e go help you relax your anxiety.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 50calibre(m): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Football has become more business minded. Players now play to the script of their managing director unlike before when players played their own game.

Coaches need to give players a bit of leeway to entertain at times.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2013
Limaoscar:

So Brazil won't be playing at home at the world cup.....?
Listen, friend, brazil have worked hard to raise their game...i didn't even give them a chance in this competition but they have come, seen and conquered even in the face of several "home troubles".....i think they are firmly on course to play in the finals of the world cup.

I also think Brazil improved with every game. When they played Japan, even though they won, i wrote them off but they raised their game a notch or two and won the confederations cup. It has more to do with team spirit. How far that team spirit will take them when bones start grinding next year is the question on the lips of a lot of people. But i hope their team spirit and home advantage takes them far. But with wicked Germany, dubious Portugal and ever perfect spain, brazil can manage the third place at the world cup and that would even be an achievement.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2013
phreakabit: [size=18pt]4-2-3-1 prevails yet again![/size]Keshi take note. . . wink

Coach Keshi shoupd follow his heart. Brazil isn't even the South American champions. You win some lose some. Mind you Spain and Barca have been the most consistent. Mourinho finished trophyless this sesson with 4-3-2-1.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by johnstar(m): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2013
Youngtekkey: chai i will not eat for the next 20 days coz am nt happy that spain loose if u are a true spain fans join me in diz hunger strike winkchai i will not eat for the next 20 days coz am nt happy that spain loose if u are a true spain fans join me in diz hunger strike
na lie cheesy grin u don go bet wit ur last kobo 4 ur acct, hungry go kee u tongue tongue
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by mamagee3(f): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2013
Lordave: This's what loosers will always say.

I'm not a Spaniard so this word does not apply. wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) ... (53) (Reply)

Ronaldo Gives Real Madrid List Of Three Players To Buy / Enyeama Returns To Eagles Belgium Camp / JayJay Okocha With His Son & Daughter At Heathrow Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.