Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,286 members, 7,811,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (58791 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:27am On Jul 01, 2013
Oahray: I wouldn't add Portugal to my list grin
Why? Portugal has just been an unlucky team. They have what it takes to win the world cup. They're one of the most consistent teams for the past ten years.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Oahray: 1:27am On Jul 01, 2013
mama-gee:

Believe me they looked like they wanted to win this tournament until they played the semis. . .grin grin

The players probably felt that the physical and mental anguish didn't fit the honor and so didn't take it seriously afterwards. grin grin

That's just my opinion though
na lie jor. Spain wanted to win. It just didn't happen. Brazil was great tonight, and I think the home crowd made it worse for Spain.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by PapaFejiro: 1:27am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
It seems like a dream but it's possible. I'm yet to see a team with exceptional talent as Spain apart from Germany and maybe Portugal. They will find it very difficult but they stand a very good chance.
bros u believe too much in spain, I really doubt their ability to lift d WC. they re going down, Xavier and Iniest are not d way they used to be, puyol is out, Villa not good anymore due to always been benched, look at Germany, those guys re on fire, u shld be routing for them not spain, Did u see the SE match with spain? it our strikers were serious that match for pass them I tell you. you must be a barca fan Mr. Afam
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:28am On Jul 01, 2013
50calibre:

Coaches need to give players a bit of leeway to entertain at times.
At the detriment of getting a good result?

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by charlesm91(m): 1:28am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Is Neymar skillful? grin
nah not as skillfull as dinho but in the mould of cr7
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:29am On Jul 01, 2013
England? They won't even reach quarter finals.
shymexx: @Afam

Portugal and Uruguay? grin grin

Both teams won't go past the 2nd round - and that's if they can make it to the world cup. ;

Support the German machine.

Ever exciting Dutch.

The 3 Lions of England.

The jogo bonito samba boys of Brazil.

Messi + Aguero and the gang, from the only man with the hand-of-God's country!!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Reference(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2013
Just look at the size of the Brazilian back room staff. Hope the NFF are looking. Shey they cut Keshi's tech team to shreds after AFCON with their poverty mentality.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by phreakabit(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Coach Keshi shoupd follow his heart. Brazil isn't even the South American champions. You win some lose some. Mind you Spain and Barca have been the most consistent. Mourinho finished trophyless this sesson with 4-3-2-1.

Err. . . we are talking about 2 different formations here . And considering the "strength" of our team thats the best formation to play.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2013
PapaFejiro: bros u believe too much in spain, I really doubt their ability to lift d WC. they re going down, Xavier and Iniest are not d way they used to be, puyol is out, Villa not good anymore due to always been benched, look at Germany, those guys re on fire, u shld be routing for them not spain, Did u see the SE match with spain? it our strikers were serious that match for pass them I tell you. you must be a barca fan Mr. Afam
I think i'm used to these kind of comment. It was the same song you guys were singing when Barcelona was pummeled by Bayern. But it's funny that you guys never say these things until they lose. Spain is a very good team but they're not invisible. They can still be beaten. It's not every time they get beaten that we'll start hearing how their players have past their prime bla bla bla.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Home advantage will still play a part in the world cup but it will count for little. This is just a mini competition and countries were not out to kill themselves like we see in the world cup. Brazil will find it very difficult next year. I just hope they make it to the semis though, so that the spark will still be there. But i don't really see them in the finals.

You name your favorites without adding Spain. Your list is a joke. You deserve to go to jail grin

You're just a tiki-taka fanatic. I find it insane that you believe the Spaniards are favorites in next years WC.
Why did Spain lose this night? The answer is simple- a poor defence and a toothless attack. All they have is the midfield which can only control the game not win it.
Brazil has the a strong defence with disciplined defenders. In fact, this is the strongest defence I've ever seen in a Brazillian team.
Brazil will own teams next year, all they need is a powerful striker, someone like falcao or cavani and they're good to go.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by sambos994(m): 1:31am On Jul 01, 2013

Both teams won't go past the 2nd round - and that's if they can make it to the world cup. ;

Ever exciting Dutch.

The 3 Lions of England.

England...really?
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Reference(m): 1:31am On Jul 01, 2013
Yeah men Luiz. You're a threat to the welfare of all hair stylists worldwide.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by OmoEziokwu: 1:32am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:

Ever exciting Dutch.

My teams forever!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 50calibre(m): 1:33am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
At the detriment of getting a good result?

No the two can co-exist. A team can be entertaining and still be able to win matches.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Limaoscar: 1:33am On Jul 01, 2013
It's funny how people are already downgrading Spain because they lost a tournament that had only 7 opposing teams. . .

Spanish players were tired and exhausted from Thursday's 122 minute match and looked like they just wanted to get into the plane and go home, they didn't value this tournament after playing a long and never ending semifinal match for a trophy that no team other than brazil have won, lol.

The tournament didn't even have a quarterfinals match and had just 3 strong teams, the competition, honor and class was so mediocre that even Tahiti qualified.

It looks like people are forgetting that no team have gone on to win the world cup after winning the confederations cup.

That simply says that this is a yogurt tournament and brazil have always won bread trophies and are nowhere to be found in huge tournaments.

The 2014 World Cup will prove that brazil's performance tonight was just a fluke.

You don't have shame Mama-gee, i asked you to come and tell us how spain was going to win after the 2nd half and you have re-surfaced with another coc.k and bull story grin

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:34am On Jul 01, 2013

Ever exciting Dutch.

The 3 Lions of England.

The 3 lions ko the 3 rabbits ni. is England still a team? Dude, forget the hate i have for anything England. England has never been a force to be reckoned. They'll probably make to the round of 16 and if they're lucky they will be stopped in the quarters. England is very far away from being the favorites for any competition.

And pls don't underestimate the Portugese. They always go far in every competition they go for. In South Africa 2010, Spain were lucky to beat them by penalties in the quarters.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by ANDREW2EIC(m): 1:35am On Jul 01, 2013
Goal.com no fit kill me ooo

Iker Casillas
The Spain captain is used to largely playing a spectator role, but here
he was more like a ball boy - picking the ball out of his own net. He
could and should have done better for both of Fred's goals.

Lol at Iker

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:35am On Jul 01, 2013
Toton.Dekeh:
Brazil victory has changed me

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:35am On Jul 01, 2013
sambos994:

England...really?
Don't mind him. He's just being sentimental. England doesn't even come close. NIgeria even stands a better chance than England.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by johnstar(m): 1:35am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Tahiti na basket. Why Torres no score against other big teams?
sharap, he scored against ur country undecided.... 9ja grin grin
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 01, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

They did something unimaginable. Two Euros and a World cup. Every team were good, no mediocres. For instance the Germans played the first Euro finals against them. With Klose, Schweinsteiger, Lahm etc.

Can you compare the teams of this era, to the ones of the 90s?

Let them prove how good they're in the next 10 yrs, then I'll start rating them.

90s: Holland had players from the golden era of Ajax; Portugal had the Luis Figo and Rui Costa of this world; Brazil had the Romario + Bebeto + Dunga era then the Ronaldo + Roberto Carlos + Rivaldo and subsequently Ronaldinho; France had the Zidane + Thuram + Desailly + Deschamps + Makelele + Trezeguet of this world; and Argentina had Batistuta + Zanetti + Ortega + Crespo + Samuel of this world. Italy had the likes of Cannavaro, Maldini, Del Piero, Totti, and Nesta.

Even England had the likes of Shearer, Beckham, Tony Adams, Ince, Owen and Steve Mcmanaman
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Krasid(m): 1:36am On Jul 01, 2013
Germany will take out this brazilian team even at their stadium.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by AjanleKoko: 1:36am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
And pls don't underestimate the Portugese. They always go far in every competition they go for. In South Africa 2010, Spain were lucky to beat them by penalties in the quarters.

Spain beat them 1-0 in the second round of SA 2010.
You are referring to Euro 2012 semis.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Basilona(m): 1:37am On Jul 01, 2013
Reference: Yeah men Luiz. You're a threat to the welfare of all hair stylists worldwide.
ROFLMAO

I reckon shaving heads payz your billz. Lol
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:37am On Jul 01, 2013
johnstar: sharap, he scored against ur country undecided.... 9ja grin grin
The Nigerian defense isn't much different from that of Tahiti. Torres scores cheap goals. But i also agree based on what he has done in Chelsea that he's a very dangerous striker. But we can't really use his performance in the confederations cup to judge his abilities.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by thegoodjoehunt(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
Neymar is very entertaining. I guessed you haven't really watched him play a full match against a normal side. By the way all those azonto is out dated. Okocha and Denilson are under achievers with empty trophy cabinets.
50calibre: Football hasn't got great entertainers as it once had, all these messi, ronaldo , Neymar are all goal scorers not entertainers

Ronaldinho - Master of snake bite
Zidane - The 360 man
Denilson - Man with the fastest leg over
Jaj jay okocha - The customised jay jay dribble, the only man to beat Oliver khan twice

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
sambos994:

England...really?

England will always make it through the group stages, regardless.

And they'll always hold their own against any team. wink
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Mrdealer4all: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
Fred won the golden boot due to d fact that they won d cup
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
AjanleKoko:

Spain beat them 1-0 in the second round of SA 2010.
You are referring to Euro 2012 semis.
My Bad. They're a good team nonetheless.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Lordave: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
Oahray: they supported all the underdogs... Even Tahiti against Nigeria.
that's how it's supposed to be.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
Oahray: I wouldn't add Portugal to my list grin

Portugal are still favorites. They have a great team(two excellent wingers, good midfielders and a strong defence) and good coach too.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by brownlord: 1:39am On Jul 01, 2013
50calibre:

Coaches need to give players a bit of leeway to entertain at times.

Yes, shebi na cinema, when them go dey entertain now

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (53) (Reply)

Ronaldo Gives Real Madrid List Of Three Players To Buy / Enyeama Returns To Eagles Belgium Camp / JayJay Okocha With His Son & Daughter At Heathrow Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.