Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,166 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:18 PM

Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 - Sports (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 (58773 Views)

Nigeria Vs France World Cup (0 - 2) On 30th June 2014 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 / Nigeria Vs Spain - Confederations Cup: (0 - 3) On 23rd June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 2:24am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx: ....Can you compare this Portuguese team to the Luis Figo and Rui Costa era? undecided
and did they win anything

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:26am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:
Can you compare this Portuguese team to the Luis Figo and Rui Costa era? undecided

Definitely, Yes!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:28am On Jul 01, 2013
supaeagles: and did they win anything

Win in an era that was packed with ridiculously talented and great teams? grin
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 2:29am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx:
Can you compare this Portuguese team to the Luis Figo and Rui Costa era? undecided
This team is more rounded than the Figo team. In this team we have good strikers, midfielders and defenders(i particularly like Congtrao)
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by supaeagles(m): 2:31am On Jul 01, 2013
shymexx: Win in an era that was packed with ridiculously talented and great teams? grin
you get point there bros.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:32am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Definitely, Yes!

Never!!

They didn't call them the "golden era" for nothing. grin

Cristiano Ronaldo can't lace Luis Figo's boot.

And Rui Costa was just another animal.

The Joao Pintos of this world et al. That was a packed Portuguese team!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:33am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Definitely, Yes!

Never!!

They didn't call them the "golden era" for nothing. grin

Cristiano Ronaldo can't lace Luis Figo's boot.

And Rui Costa was just another animal.

The Joao Pintos of this world et al. That was a packed Portuguese team!

Era where you watch football and shed tears afterwards! grin

I'm off to bed. wink
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 2:36am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
They were above average players but they were not super stars like the current squad except for Raul, Morientes, Reyes and a few others.

I didn't say Spain invented tiki-taka but you have to agree that they invented the kind of tiki-taka that they play. This one is quite different from the one the dutch were known for.

There's a difference between tweaking and changing. A lot of people hate the tiki-taka all together. Did you not notice the way the Spaniards were being booed in this confederations cup whenever they started their passing game?

Morientes is no different from Soldado and. . . Reyes? Wtf! The Spanish team didn't have a good midfield, they only had Hierro and Guadiola plus a terrible defence.
Tiki-Taka is Tiki-taka, only the players make the difference in the system and currently, most of the players on the spanish are not that skillful and it makes their game a total bore.
You don't blame the fans who boo them. They're brazillians and they're used to a brand of entertaining football called samba. Tiki-taka is boring and to the Brazillians, entertainment comes first.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 2:38am On Jul 01, 2013
J12:

Morientes is no different from Soldado and. . . Reyes? Wtf! The Spanish team didn't have a good midfield, they only had Hierro and Guadiola plus a terrible defence.
Tiki-Taka is Tiki-taka, only the players make the difference in the system and currently, most of the players on the spanish are not that skillful and it makes their game a total bore.
You don't blame the fans who boo them. They're brazillians and they're used to a brand of entertaining football called samba. Tiki-taka is boring and to the Brazillians, entertainment comes first.
Are you serious with the bolded? Spanish players are one of the most skillful in the world.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by PatienceAl(m): 2:43am On Jul 01, 2013
ERR'TIN ABT SPAIN DERAILED DIS YEAR......BARCA....MADRID....AND SPAIN ITSELF.....ALL CRUSHED!......

NOW AM SURE D GOD OF FOOTBALL IZ TRU WID SPAIN.....DEY KINDA ENJOYED D GOODIES HE BROUGHT THO.....WORLDCUP, EURO CUP, UCL AND D LYKS....

D GOD OF FOOTBALL JEX INFORMED ME SOM MINS AGO DAH HE'S GONA TRAVEL TO GERMANY NEXT YEAR BUT HE IS GONA DROP BY AT WEST AFRICA FOR SOME MONTHS....i know y'all are hinting on NIGERIA and CIV....dunno 4 d God sha......buh na GERMANY finz afta holiday 4 Africa sha.....catcha lera.....I REP ARSENAL TILL MA LAST BREATH......I AM EJIRO!!!

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Oahray: 2:48am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Are you serious with the bolded? Spanish players are one of the most skillful in the world.
I tire for the guy o. At times when we just dislike someone/something we stop being honest. Booing Spain was simply underdog syndrome, because they are the best opponents around. The fans cheered Tahiti against Nigeria and even Spain, so by his logic, Tahiti plays entertaining football. Smh.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by lawizle(m): 2:50am On Jul 01, 2013
Last man standing...and first to make it to page 50.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 50calibre(m): 2:57am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
They can't even win Western European cup(is there's anything like that) not to talk of the Euros and not to talk of the World cup. Show get size abeg. If i were to name my top teams for the world cup, England wouldn't make the top 10. I will even rank the US ahead of them based on their achievements in recent times. England ko Pidginland ni.

What!!!!! You will rank the US Football team ahead of England? Now I can properly see that your hatred for anything british is not just ordinary but personal.

You probably got denied a UK visa multiple times, to the extent it became really frustrating for you. I understand your grievances, the UK are a heartless bunch, they are very good at frustrating people's lives.

Well let me help you by giving you more things to hate

1 - The EPL is the most lucrative football league in the world. ( I'm guessing you don't watch or support any EPL team)

2 - The most valuable football/sports club in the world is in England

3 - You are speaking the language brought to you by England

4 - Nigeria's oil is being largely managed by shell bp (a partly owned British company)

5 - Global prices of oil and gold are fixed in London.

Knock yourself out.

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 3:01am On Jul 01, 2013
50calibre:
What!!!!! You will rank the US Football team ahead of England? Now I can properly see that your hatred for anything british is not just ordinary but personal.
The US has actually achieved more in recent times than England, so i will rate them higher.

50calibre:
1 - The EPL is the most lucrative football league in the world. ( I'm guessing you don't watch or support any EPL team)

2 - The most valuable football/sports club in the world is in England

3 - You are speaking the language brought to you by England

4 - Nigeria's oil is being largely managed by shell bp (a partly owned British company)

5 - Global prices of oil and gold are fixed in London.

Knock yourself out.
1 - What has the EPL being the most lucratice league got to do with the mediocirty of the England national team?

2 - The most valuable football/sports club? Where do you now put Barca and Madrid? LA lakers and Miami heat?

3 - Igbo is my first language. I don't know about you.

4 - Shell is a majorly a Dutch company.

5 - What has fixing the price of oil got to do with the English team?

Now slap yourself.

5 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Kessythegeek(m): 3:04am On Jul 01, 2013
Best in the world meets with best in history!! Hala brazil

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 50calibre(m): 3:09am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
The US has actually achieved more in recent times than England, so i will rate them higher.

1 - What has the EPL being the most lucratice league got to do with the mediocirty of the England national team?

2 - The most valuable football/sports club? Where do you now put Barca and Madrid? LA lakers and Miami heat?

3 - Igbo is my first language. I don't know about you.

4 - Shell is a majorly a Dutch company.

5 - What has fixing the price of oil got to do with the English team?

Now slap yourself.

Afam4ever stop kidding yourself

1 - yes I agree the English team has been mediocre of recent, but ranking the US football team ahead of them is pure madness.

2 - Manchester United not just the most valuable football club, but the most valuable sports team, do your research

3 - Igbo is not your first language use common sense. You studied in English, your lingua Franca is English, we are communicating in English

4 - I said Shell BP which is a consortium between shell and BP(British petroleum)

5 - I wanted you to feel more hate that the price of your country's oil is being fixed in a country you loathe so much.

Now stab yourself

2 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by dotcomnamename: 3:21am On Jul 01, 2013
[size=24pt]So dem beat spain 4rm June enter July. Lord I thank u ooooo. Pls God help me beat my enemies from month to month, year to year and for ever more.... Amen[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 3:25am On Jul 01, 2013
50calibre:
1 - yes I agree the English team has been mediocre of recent, but ranking the US football team ahead of them is pure madness.
You agree that it's a mediocre team. That's where it ends. I wonder what you were trying to prove with the EPL being the most lucrative(not quality).

50calibre:
2 - Manchester United not just the most valuable football club, but the most valuable sports team, do your research
Stop embarassing yourself. here's a 2013 list of most valuable clubs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs#2013_rankings

50calibre:
3 - Igbo is not your first language use common sense. You studied in English, your lingua Franca is English, we are communicating in English
Who are you to tell me what my first language is. Are you my mother? It seems you don't know the difference between an indegenous language that you learned first and an official language that's probably not even your second but third language(after pidgin)

50calibre:
4 - I said Shell BP which is a consortium between shell and BP(British petroleum)
BP or High BP has a very minute share in Shell. Share is pretty much a dutch company. Stop dragging other people's companies. What happened to Binatone?

50calibre:
5 - I wanted you to feel more hate that the price of your country's oil is being fixed in a country you loathe so much.
Whether it's fixed in Quito, Hyrebad or Medina is not the point. The point is that England doesn't have oil. lol grin
Oya, slap and shoot yourself.

3 Likes

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by NellyGhenghen(m): 3:46am On Jul 01, 2013
Vengance for naija!! Thanks to the samba boys!
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by 50calibre(m): 3:51am On Jul 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
You agree that it's a mediocre team. That's where it ends. I wonder what you were trying to prove with the EPL being the most lucrative(not quality).

This is not an issue of agreeing, it's about your insane comparison. Arsenal sucks, Yes! Is it worse that west ham, No!

Afam4eva:
Stop embarassing yourself. here's a 2013 list of most valuable clubs http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbes%27_list_of_the_most_valuable_football_clubs#2013_rankings

This is a very recent list then, and as you can see from the list, Man Utd is second and very close behind Real Madrid, so expect them to get back on top soon enough, in the meantime, 2nd is a very enviable position so I'm sure that will still do the trick

Afam4eva:
Who are you to tell me what my first language is. Are you my mother? It seems you don't know the difference between an indegenous language that you learned first and an official language that's probably not even your second but third language(after pidgin)

English is your first language, end of story. You know that, I know that, if you are asked in an exam, you also know what the answer is.

Afam4eva:
BP or High BP has a very minute share in Shell. Share is pretty much a dutch company. Stop dragging other people's companies. What happened to Binatone?

You talking nonsense, you don't even know what Shell BP means. Well let me explain a bit - some decades ago, Shell ( a Dutch company ) and BP ( a British company ) came together to form Shell BP and further explore Nigeria's oil.

Afam4eva:
Whether it's fixed in Quito, Hyrebad or Medina is not the point. The point is that England doesn't have oil. lol grin
Oya, slap and shoot yourself.

So at least you have more things to kill yourself about. The worst part is even if you cut off your two hands, the UK still won't give you a visa out of sympathy grin

By the way, which team do you support? Do you watch the EPL at all?

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by babarazy: 4:40am On Jul 01, 2013
Up super Eagles of Brazil.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by kobonaire(m): 4:58am On Jul 01, 2013
football experts, please explain this to me. How was the Neymar's goal not ruled offside? He was in an Offside position initially and then came back onside but still per my understanding of the rules cannot be the first to receive the ball from his teammate right? Or am I misunderstanding the rule here, please educate me. Thanks
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:20am On Jul 01, 2013
The death of Spanish "tiki-taka" football has commenced
First Bayern (regarding club football)and now Brazil (with the national team).

If teams in the world cup learn from how italy and brazil (and even Nigeria for a good part of the game) pressured spain, then the spaniards will not go very far. Who knows they may even crash out in the group stage
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Puvguy: 5:25am On Jul 01, 2013
kobonaire: football experts, please explain this to me. How was the Neymar's goal not ruled offside? He was in an Offside position initially and then came back onside but still per my understanding of the rules cannot be the first to receive the ball from his teammate right? Or am I misunderstanding the rule here, please educate me. Thanks

You haven't been following the changes in rules obviously. Neymar was offside but he wasn't interfering with play and not with the ball at the time. He realigned with Spain's defense hence onsite when he received the pass.

1 Like

Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by idriis: 5:28am On Jul 01, 2013
If to say na super eagles be spain na penarity for judge us....spain na yawyaw jor! Viva brazil.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by free2ryhme: 5:38am On Jul 01, 2013
*idriis*:
If to say na super eagles be spain na penarity for judge us....spain na yawyaw jor! Viva brazil.

y una no enter final ... common Uruguay use una clean goal post
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by kobonaire(m): 5:44am On Jul 01, 2013
Puvguy: You haven't been following the changes in rules obviously. Neymar was offside but he wasn't interfering with play and not with the ball at the time. He realigned with Spain's defense hence onsite when he received the pass.
thanks, and when was this change made?
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by Nobody: 5:55am On Jul 01, 2013
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by searay(m): 6:07am On Jul 01, 2013
I knew that Sperm will not win this war. This is not their territory.
Re: Brazil Vs Spain - Confederations Cup Final (3 - 0) On 30th June 2013 by otokx(m): 6:14am On Jul 01, 2013
I knew Brazil will win but not by this margin, did not bother watching the match. Spain needs to put their house in order especially their defence.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (Reply)

If You Were A Coach & Met This Kind Of Squad, Would You Manage Them? (Photo) / Ronaldo Gives Real Madrid List Of Three Players To Buy / Enyeama Returns To Eagles Belgium Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.