Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,931 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Why Date At All - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Date At All (1161 Views)

Why Date A Broke Girl / Why Date Two Ladies & Tell One She Is Your "Back-up Plan"? / Single Ladies, Why Date Married Men! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Date At All by dealordea(m): 12:08am On Jun 28, 2013
Why not get married first? What difference does it make? A 35 year old man/woman may have engaged in 5 or 10 relationships in their lives so far.. all the while, looking for that special someone.. They'll fully share their bodies.. their property.. their emotions.. and even have/raise children with folks that have not committed to them.. all while still in pursuit of "the one" and the ever illusive and finicky "Love".. but by the time they find "the one", they are literally used up, "most expecially ladies.. and could be said to be professional Daters and lovers.. relationship technicians.. if you will... And all that mileage builds up and begins to impede social progress. While looking for "the one",seekers have been known to become cynical and defensive and pessimistic.. (or worse, unreasonably optimistic), physically unhealthy, over-sexed, devious, etc.. and each of those development make the search for Neo.. the one.. that much more difficult.

Why not just skip all of that and do like many families do in other countries.. Japan for example..??

If the daughter is 25 or so and still has not married, the families get together and present the daughter with suitable men from familiar families, and if the daughter says yes.. they meet and get to know each other.. and if all is well, they get married.. and that's that. And those marriages are not just between the individuals, they are between families as well. It seems to me to be a very mature and sober system.. as opposed to all of this Hollywood inspired wandering around that goes on in western countries.

Why not just find the suitable guy/gal.. do all your medical tests.. background investigation.. meet the families.. etc.. and then just get married?
Re: Why Date At All by Dygeasy(m): 1:24am On Jun 28, 2013
Everything You Posted Above Is Just Plain Rubbish And Utterly Pointless. You Don't Want People To Copy Hollywood Acts But You Want People To Copy Japan? Dude Like Seriously?

It Can't All Just Start From Marriage And Most Likely An Arranged One For That Matter. Not Even In This Century.

Different Strokes For Different Folks Dude. And I Can Bet My Paycheque, You've Had Your Own Share Of Chains Of Exes. So What Are You About? Biko Swerve.
Re: Why Date At All by Nobody: 4:23am On Jun 28, 2013
Are you serious OP? The whole "getting to know somebody" process is "dating" angry
Re: Why Date At All by UyiIredia(m): 5:47am On Jun 28, 2013
@ OP: Okay. I surmise it (the kind of marriage you propose) happens though it isn't as common.
Re: Why Date At All by Nobody: 5:59am On Jun 28, 2013
Methinks it's much better to take your time
and find out just how compatible you are with someone
and get to know them before rushing into marriage with them.
Re: Why Date At All by Enegod(m): 7:27am On Jun 28, 2013
nice write-up....i dnt see why a lady should date up to 15 guys,giving all punny in the name of finding the special one...that kinda lady isn't good for marriage..she will have trust issue.. dnt date if you are not ready for sex and marriage
Re: Why Date At All by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:02am On Jun 28, 2013
Dygeasy: Everything You Posted Above Is Just Plain Rubbish And Utterly Pointless. You Don't Want People To Copy Hollywood Acts But You Want People To Copy Japan? Dude Like Seriously?

It Can't All Just Start From Marriage And Most Likely An Arranged One For That Matter. Not Even In This Century.

Different Strokes For Different Folks Dude. And I Can Bet My Paycheque, You've Had Your Own Share Of Chains Of Exes. So What Are You About? Biko Swerve.
hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while?
Re: Why Date At All by Lolaabokoku(f): 11:04am On Jun 28, 2013
Dygeasy: Everything You Posted Above Is Just Plain Rubbish And Utterly Pointless. You Don't Want People To Copy Hollywood Acts But You Want People To Copy Japan? Dude Like Seriously?

hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while?

hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while?

hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while?
Re: Why Date At All by badoist(m): 11:10am On Jun 28, 2013
Why not date at all? You must av ad a bad xperience
Re: Why Date At All by Princesszoe: 12:05pm On Jun 28, 2013
Enegod: nice write-up....i dnt see why a lady should date up to 15 guys,giving all of punny in the name of finding the special one...that kinda lady isn't good for marriage..she will have trust issue.. dnt date if you are not ready for sex and marriage
exactly and same goes with men. Any man that does such is not good for marriage either and definitely will have trust issues also. Our bodies are temple of God and should be given to our wives and husbands only.
Re: Why Date At All by Dygeasy(m): 12:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
Lolaabokoku: hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while? hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while?
hi love, where have Ɣ☺ΰ
Been all this while?
I've Been Around Babe grin. I've Been Sending You PMs, You've Not Been Replying. Hope You've Been Good Tho.
Re: Why Date At All by Monicasque(f): 12:51pm On Jun 28, 2013
then my dear poster there would be more divorce and unhappy married couples. If you do not know what i mean, find out exactly what goes on in marriage then come tell me this your small story
Re: Why Date At All by haitto99(m): 1:36pm On Jun 28, 2013
hrdhtrsdfvvgfggdfggffgxryhcdggxdgcfg!!! glibberish,jaggons and rubbish,poster u fall my hand
Re: Why Date At All by carzola(m): 1:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
The guy is making a good point they is no need to be jumping in and out of relationships all in the excuse of finding the right one, but we cant help it bro, nigeria is too evil today so one cant just jump into mariage witout dating or courtship in order to get to know the person better..
Re: Why Date At All by dealordea(m): 9:42pm On Jun 28, 2013

Hey dude, how on earth did your parent allow you to gain access to internet?? Are you trying to gain more follower, dude, did you check how long have been here and were on earth are you when the real Nairaland dudes were still making impact, please have got loads of important things to handle rather than trade words with young dude like you..
Re: Why Date At All by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 28, 2013
It happens and sometimes actually works in some cultures

1 Like

Re: Why Date At All by Enegod(m): 9:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
Princess zoe: exactly and same goes with men. Any man that does such is not good for marriage either and definitely will have trust issues also. Our bodies are temple of God and should be given to our wives and husbands only.
Re: Why Date At All by Dygeasy(m): 7:31am On Jun 29, 2013
deal_ordea:

Hey dude, how on earth did your parent allow you to gain access to internet?? Are you trying to gain more follower, dude, did you check how long have been here and were on earth are you when the real Nairaland dudes were still making impact, please have got loads of important things to handle rather than trade words with young dude like you..

Hey Man Relax And Take A Chill Pill. I Didn't Make An Offer Of Words So I Se No Reason Why You Should Trade Words. cheesycheesy

I Didn't Insult Your Person, I Only Posted What I Thought Of Your Post. I'd Rather Not Trade Words Either With Someone Who Can't Read Between The Lines And Understand Each Of Everybody Is Entitled To His Opinion. Cheers cheesycheesy
Re: Why Date At All by Mynd44: 8:22am On Jun 29, 2013
This is just bullcrap
Re: Why Date At All by MrsChima(f): 8:26am On Jun 29, 2013
It was fun dating my husband and I recommend people stick to traditional dating....you learn more!
Re: Why Date At All by Mynd44: 8:31am On Jun 29, 2013
Mrs.Chima:
It was fun dating my husband and I recommend people stick to traditional dating....you learn more!
Okay.

Next!!!!!

gringringrin
Re: Why Date At All by dealordea(m): 12:41am On Jun 30, 2013
Mrs.Chima:

Ohhh lord...u still dey this land mrs.C!!!!how have u been doing?
Mynd_44: This is just bullcrap

You ehen..u can't change for real
Re: Why Date At All by Mynd44: 6:56am On Jun 30, 2013
^^^
Why would I wanna change?

(1) (Reply)

Kerry Washington Marries Nigerian-american Footballer / I Want To Get Married. / Guys!things You Should And Shoudnt Do If You Want That Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.