Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,506 members, 7,826,909 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? (16804 Views)

10 Common Bad Habits That Cause Kidney Failure/damage / I'm A Kidney Patient, 6 Years Post Transplant / Nigeria Has 7 Hospitals For Kidney Transplant- Health Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by ajibsca: 3:19pm On Jul 01, 2013
speedyboi:

This is a totally different case. And trust me when I say Doctors/Nurses like this abound everywhere in the world. Btw, I do agree most Nigerians are not dedicated to their jobs (civil servants, Health practitioners, police, Phcn, etc...). But we always fail to realise we are the ones bringing our country down with our own hands due to our attitudes to our various works. We'd rather put the blame on what's 'not there' (Government).

I always say it that what most Nigerians suffer from is due to the negligence of another Nigerian in his/her job. And our negligence in our various positions is also making another Nigerian to suffer.

Read the above

Yes you are right on the negligence part and I know Nigerians are very ignorant of a lot of things which is as a result of lack of education,lawlessness and lack of faith in the SYSTEM... Until we embrace love and unity and be our brother's keeper ,we are going nowhere. Where is the love when you can't see a stranger and satisfactorily give him/her a lift ...The Doctor's at the Federal Hospitals want you to bribe your way through to get medical attention... The law enforcements who are supposed to protect you expect you to bribe your way thru in order to have an upper hand in a clear case... This is a country where you are dead without money
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
When we talk of kidney transplant, we talk of professionals. Nigerians got professionals in the teaching hospitals that do this day in day out. It's just waste of money and inferiority complex going abroad when it can be done here in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by texaco1: 3:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
the problem with nigerians is that people have lost total faith and confidence is the system that even when there is a change and things are improving and working they still believe it is not working
there are living witnesses to attest to the fact that this particular type of surgery can be done and that it has been done successfully yet people are still doubting.
na wah oooo
even more complex surgeries have been done in nigeria successfully
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Addays(m): 4:45pm On Jul 01, 2013
druid06: I don't think medical surgeries of this complexicity could be done in Nigeria. It's too advance for our surgeons and moreover I don't think there is any hospital equipped for such surgery in Nigeria. If anyone thinks otherwise, please name one institution..

Our surgeons are capable enuf to perform such surgeries, UCH has d facility for a kidney transplant n even other cardiothoracic surgeries. Our Nigerian made surgeons are evn invited abroad to perform surgeries.
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by akpanbaba: 4:51pm On Jul 01, 2013
If you meet an ACN or APC doctor and you are PDP member your people have to prepare for your burial,and if you are ACN member and you are lucky to meet PDP doctor bros it is goodbye.Again,
May God not allow you to meet boko haram doctor ,that one your old kidney and the new one procured will destroyed by IED.
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jul 01, 2013
Same reason why people go abroad for schooling, for masters program,and people go to dubai and other countries for vacation and same reason people prefer to buy toyota and honda buses instead of buying innoson motors from Aba and wear imported clothes instead of Aba made clothes. Above all watching English premier league, spanish league, italian league, eufa champions league etc instead of going to our local stadium to watch our local clubs.etc.
My brother, it is every where. confirm that you have not done any of these.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Donpepper: 12:57am On Jul 02, 2013
druid06: I don't think medical surgeries of this complexicity could be done in Nigeria. It's too advance for our surgeons and moreover I don't think there is any hospital equipped for such surgery in Nigeria. If anyone thinks otherwise, please name one institution..
.......i may not know about others but am quite sure of Unilorin Teaching Hospital
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2013
OAUTHC,ILORIN TH,UCH,UBTH . ABOUT SEVEN PUBLIC HISPITALS CAN DO KIDNEY TRANSPLANT. ALSO ST NICHOLAS CAN DO IT. OAUTHC STARTED ABOUT 10YRS AGO.
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by ModestSam(m): 10:47am On Jul 02, 2013
Mr grammar checker, why don't you try being explicit with your post, and let's all see just how 'good' your grammar is. Olodo.
That's a typo, not a grammatical error. Olodo, I dare you to write a lengthy response to this.
texaco1:
dis one na INTERNATIONAL GBAGUN
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Man51ut(m): 2:13pm On Jul 02, 2013
gzib: Same reason why people go abroad for schooling, for masters program,and people go to dubai and other countries for vacation and same reason people prefer to buy toyota and honda buses instead of buying innoson motors from Aba and wear imported clothes instead of Aba made clothes. Above all watching English premier league, spanish league, italian league, eufa champions league etc instead of going to our local stadium to watch our local clubs.etc.
My brother, it is every where. confirm that you have not done any of these.

It's not really the same thing bro. Some of those things you mentioned, like the master's programmes, might be better, or more cutting edge. Ditto european soccer. Unless you're a coach you're watching it to be entertained, would you say NPL entertains you? If you could go and see the best nollywood actors act a play on stage, would you willingly say no, instead I'm going to watch the amateurs from my church? If you would, I commend your loyalty cheesy All those things are a matter of preference, or there is a clear difference in quality. Most people won't wear Aba made clothes, but they will wear Nigerian designers if the quality is good.

Now, in the case of kidney transplants. If the doctor knows what he is talking about, and you too should do research to raise points of concern, why would you spend the extra money and go abroad when there's a quite capable person here? Unlike football, clothes, or education, there is a sort of universal standard in medicine. I mean yeah you have world-class surgeons like that guy in colorado athletes go to see but there is a universal standard that means even the doctors here aren't some cack handed person playing operation with your body.

Those foreign hospitals, its a case of the grass is greener. My sister had surgery as a student in the US and then had another surgery in Lagos last year and they seem to have left some stuff inside. My mum also had surgery in the US, and they didn't give her any antibiotics, it's apparently not SOP there. Can you imagine not getting antibiotics in Naija? She had to be rushed back to the hospital a few days later because of infection. Why pay so much money extra for the same level of (in)competence. Unless you're going to go and be worked on by some guy who might win a nobel prize for medicine because of his research into kidney ailiments, it's all varying shades of the same level of skill.

I could be talking rubbish sha.
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by ajibsca: 12:42am On Jul 03, 2013
Man_51ut:

It's not really the same thing bro. Some of those things you mentioned, like the master's programmes, might be better, or more cutting edge. Ditto european soccer. Unless you're a coach you're watching it to be entertained, would you say NPL entertains you? If you could go and see the best nollywood actors act a play on stage, would you willingly say no, instead I'm going to watch the amateurs from my church? If you would, I commend your loyalty cheesy All those things are a matter of preference, or there is a clear difference in quality. Most people won't wear Aba made clothes, but they will wear Nigerian designers if the quality is good.

Now, in the case of kidney transplants. If the doctor knows what he is talking about, and you too should do research to raise points of concern, why would you spend the extra money and go abroad when there's a quite capable person here? Unlike football, clothes, or education, there is a sort of universal standard in medicine. I mean yeah you have world-class surgeons like that guy in colorado athletes go to see but there is a universal standard that means even the doctors here aren't some cack handed person playing operation with your body.

Those foreign hospitals, its a case of the grass is greener. My sister had surgery as a student in the US and then had another surgery in Lagos last year and they seem to have left some stuff inside. My mum also had surgery in the US, and they didn't give her any antibiotics, it's apparently not SOP there. Can you imagine not getting antibiotics in Naija? She had to be rushed back to the hospital a few days later because of infection. Why pay so much money extra for the same level of (in)competence. Unless you're going to go and be worked on by some guy who might win a nobel prize for medicine because of his research into kidney ailiments, it's all varying shades of the same level of skill.

I could be talking rubbish sha.

Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=ajibsca][/quote]
I agree with you on some parts but have you been admitted in a hospital in Nigeria before for a week? If yes then you will know what I am talking about. I am more concern about the way they care for you. Where they can leave someone in the theatre because they just started a strike. Where at night you will call the intercom and nobody will answer you. I almost died if not for God when a drip given to me missed its point and my hand started to get swollen. I pressed the bell calling the nurses on night duty,I was even hearing the bell ringing from the third floor I was, and nobody came till morning. Before then I had stopped the drip. Tell me if I needed the drip to stay alive what happens then to me. In abroad the care is there even if it will be expensive. A doctor that is not well paid in naija do you think he will give the best in service.
I might be wrong though.
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by bilms(m): 1:39pm On Jul 03, 2013
hum...

Your question should be, have you been admitted for kidney transplant in Nigerian hospital?..Kidney transplant is a different thing on its own. I have visited a kidney transplant patient at the UITH and everything was good.
Re: Why Do Kidney Transplant Abroad When It Can Done In Nigeria? by Huskyfrancis(m): 11:04pm On Jul 08, 2015
Do you, your friend or relative needs an extensive/intensive quality medical service with no cut throat charges?

In the heart of Pune in India is Ruby Hall Clinic, one of the best medical institutions in the world, arguably, the best in India is what you need.

We will help you with every required assistance free of charge to ease your medical tourism to Ruby Hall Clinic and we assure that you'll testify how humanly care makes God cure.

To help you arrange free video-conference with Panel of Doctors to discuss your health:

Speak with Folu:
Mobile: 08116950634, 08038243730
Whatsapp: 08038243730
Facebook: Komolafe F. Francis
BBM: 2BA5C16B
E-mail: folu_mgtworld@yahoo.com

Ruby Hall Clinic treatment cover the under-listed and beyond. Be encouraged to speak with Folu.

1. Anaesthesia
2. Cancer Treatment
3. Critical Care
4. Gastroenterology
5. IVF & Endoscopy
6. Liver transplant
7. Neurosurgery
8. Ophthalmology
9. Paediatrics Orthopaedics
10. Psychiatry
11. Vascular Surgery
12. Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
13. Cardiology
14. Dental Surgery
15. General Surgery
16. Kidney Transplant
17. Neuro Trauma
18. Nuclear Medicine
19. Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement
20. Paediatric Surgery
21. Spine Surgery
22. Bone Marrow Transplant
23. Cosmetic Surgery
24. ENT
25. Hematology
26. Laparoscopic Surgery. (MIS-Minimal Invasive Surgery)
27. Neurology
28. Obstetrics and Gynaecology
29. Paediatric & Neonathology
30. Pain Management & Palliative Care
31. Urology.
32. Etc.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prostrate Cancer: Oludare Folajimi Adeyemi Makes Breakthrough In The Treatment / 90% Of Nigerian Households Consume Feces-tainted Water / What Is Difference Between A Chemist And A Pharmacist?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.