Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,132 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage (10818 Views)

For Ladies Who Grew Up In The Village. Did You Do This (picture) / A Thread For Ladies Who Want To Get Married / My Daughters Lied That Their Father Had Sex With Them…. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 8:58pm On Nov 18, 2010
Well, this could also mean a depopulation tactic by great brains. Knowing that it will make a lot of men and women die single.
God! I love this world.  Cheesy

Just the way they have injected food we eat and makes us grow old and die quicker than usual. Just the way they bring anti this , anti that vaccines and at the end of the day they have injected a sickness into us eg Polio, Swine(pig) Flu, HIV/AIDS, Cancer etc

just the way they allow every body both old and young, man and woman access to indecency and gay/less in public. their is an agenda behind all these brain washing. No body even has the fear of God anymore. Everybody now has freedom to do or think anything. Including myself. May God help us all. And may God save us from the hands of women grin. Adam must not fall the second time  grin

Well at least i wont be around to witness what the world would turn into in the next 200 years of revolution this and revolution that.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 9:10pm On Nov 18, 2010
God? God? Your excuse is that "God" gave you the right to be the supposed head? Just because you've either never met or don't know men like the ones I've described doesn't mean that they don't exist. That's like saying I've never seen gay people so they don't exist. All you keep saying is "you don't see this" or "you don't see that" because things don't appear in the manner that you find appealing doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Your have a preconceived notion of woman should be like are socially constructed. It doesn't exist within nature. It is a man made idea. If women thinking like this is brain washing then what do you call your socially constructed notions?And your argument about "depopulation" makes no sense. A woman not not bearing her husbands last name will in no way have any marrying on the population on Earth. If you wanna wanna lock up your p.enis because a woman doesn't want to bear your last name then your more do so, it will in no way make a dent in the worlds population. Please go back and rethink this theory that your using because there is no sense of truth to it.

Trading words with you over this issue makes me feel like those kinda men you talked about. Keep looking for your she_man. Good luck with that. I didn't told you that i have seen your kind of girls in real life who wouldn't wanna bear my name. You are among the few women(probably 0.9%) who will start the regime. I am not locking up my third leg for chit. It's still active and i love women(the ones who know their lord and call them by name). O d' Ola Friend.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 9:16pm On Nov 18, 2010
excoba101:

Just the way they have injected food we eat and makes us grow old and die quicker than usual. Just the way they bring anti this , anti that vaccines and at the end of the day they have injected a sickness into us eg Polio, Swine(pig) Flu, HIV/AIDS, Cancer etc

just the way they allow every body both old and young, man and woman access to indecency and gay/less in public. their is an agenda behind all these brain washing. No body even has the fear of God anymore. Everybody now has freedom to do or think anything. Including myself. May God help us all. And may God save us from the hands of women grin. Adam must not fall the second time  grin

Well at least i wont be around to witness what the world would turn into in the next 200 years of revolution this and revolution that.

Lmao, what a joke. Thanks for the laugh of the day excoba101. And who is this "they" that's supposedly out to get you and perhaps in your mind every other man in this world? I suppose you think there some sort of underlying conspiracy eh?

excoba101:

Trading words with you over this issue makes me feel like those kinda men you talked about. Keep looking for your she_man. Good luck with that. I didn't told you that i have seen your kind of girls in real life who wouldn't wanna bear my name. You are among the few women(probably 0.9%) who will start the regime. I am not locking up my third leg for chit. It's still active and i love women(the ones who know their lord and call them by name). O d' Ola Friend.

Lmao, oh please!!! Like I said before, just come right out and say you want dominance over a woman don't sit here and ramble as though you've just made some miraculous point. Not wanting a woman to bear your name doesn't make someone any less of a "man". This whole perception of what a man is or isn't is socially constructed so stop using religion and "God" as a means of justifying your beliefs.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 9:26pm On Nov 18, 2010
Lmao, oh please!!! Like I said before, just come right out and say you want dominance over a woman don't sit here and ramble as though you've just made some miraculous point. Not wanting a woman to bear your name doesn't make someone any less of a "man". This whole perception of what a man is or isn't is socially constructed so stop using religion and "God" as a means of justifying your beliefs.

What else could we use to remind the fallen women of these facts? Is it not the social laws, religion and above all God? etc
Even the woman's right policy with has given people like you right to talk junk doesn't mean for a woman not to take her husband's name, this is just a new ideal from fallen women who can not really interpret what their rights are and what their right aren't, and it will go a long way to affect the unborn generation if not treated.

Yes! There is an underlying conspiracy behind these many policies and ideals in the world system today.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by plappville(f): 9:34pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ poster i see nothing wrong with a woman hanging on her dads name. This is thé name i was known with i cannot just dump it simply because i am married.

if it is for biblical reason, where in thé bible is it stated that once a woman is married she should trow off her fathers name? I kept My pops name, and am so proud of it, in fact, that is My permanent identity.

How do women tha drop their fathers name do in case of divorce? They go back and start bearing it? I duno infact!
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 9:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
@ poster i see nothing wrong with a woman hanging on her dads name. This is thé name i was known with i cannot just dump it simply because i am married.

if it is for biblical reason, where in thé bible is it stated that once a woman is married she should trow off her fathers name? I kept My pops name, and am so proud of it, in fact, that is My permanent identity.

How do women tha drop their fathers name do in case of divorce? They go back and start bearing it? I duno infact!

Society demands that you are rather called Mrs. plappville beans and not ms. plappville rice married or divorced. It is your identity. They never questioned this hundred's of years ago. Why now? Is there something wrong in it? I deserve to know.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 9:51pm On Nov 18, 2010
excoba101:

What else could we use to remind the fallen women of these facts? Is it not the social laws, religion and above all God? etc
Even the woman's right policy with has given people like you right to talk junk doesn't mean for a woman not to take her husband's name, this is just a new ideal from fallen women who can not really interpret what their rights are and what their right aren't, and it will go a long way to affect the unborn generation if not treated.

Yes! There is an underlying conspiracy behind these many policies and ideals in the world system today.

Lmaaaaaoooooo, wow too funny.

What woman's right policy are you talking about? Is there some sort of legal policy that was enacted? Social laws and religion are not one in the same. Although they can at times go hand in hand, they are not to be grouped together. My rights as a woman are no different from your rights as a man. I am a human being just like you. If you want to exercise your pseudo control over a woman then just say that!!! Because I refuse to accept your false beliefs about what you supposedly think a woman is supposed to be doesn't mean that I am a "fallen woman". You have made no sense at all. You say "Even the woman's right policy with has given people like you right to talk junk doesn't mean for a woman not to take her husband's name, this is just a new ideal from fallen women who can not really interpret what their rights are and what their right aren't", so [regardless of a person's gender] what is the point point in having a right if you can't exercise it?!?! Its as if you tell me you have the right to vote but it doesn't mean you should. Do you see the contradiction there?!?! If you have that right but cannot exercise it, then in reality you do not really possess that right. You can sit here and call me whatever name you like. If that makes you feel good about yourself as man then so be it.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 10:05pm On Nov 18, 2010
What woman's right policy are you talking about? Is there some sort of legal policy that was enacted? Social laws and religion are not one in the same. Although they can at times go hand in hand, they are not to be grouped together. My rights as a woman are no different from your rights as a man. I am a human being just like you. If you want to exercise your pseudo control over a woman then just say that!!! Because I refuse to accept your false beliefs about what you supposedly think woman is supposed to be doesn't mean that I am a "fallen woman". You have made no sense at all. You say "Even the woman's right policy with has given people like you right to talk junk doesn't mean for a woman not to take her husband's name, this is just a new ideal from fallen women who can not really interpret what their rights are and what their right aren't", so [regardless of a person's gender] what is the point point in having a right if you can't exercise it?!?! Its as if you tell me you have the right to vote but it doesn't mean you should. Do you see the contradiction there?!?! If you have that right but cannot exercise it, then in reality you do not really possess that right. You can sit here an call me whatever name you like. If that makes you feel good about yourself as man then so be it.

Like i said you go out there and do what you like. Also wait for the hard consequences. You see because of controversies and conflicts in agreement like this, that is why there are law which forms the basic standard of how we should live and going against it is a sin or crime. What is in your law about these things you argue about? Why were they written that way and not the other way round (which suits your line of reasoning now).
Talk is free. You can say anything you want. But you don't want to be caught doing everything you think or feel, do you (might not end up good you know)?  cheesy
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by KennyG6(m): 10:08pm On Nov 18, 2010
the irony of all this is that if the man is a billionaire or from a well known family we wont be having this discussion,
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by plappville(f): 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
excoba101:

Society demands that you are rather called Mrs. plappville beans and not ms. plappville rice married or divorced. It is your identity. They never questioned this hundred's of years ago. Why now? Is there something wrong in it? I deserve to know.

Society demands that you are rather called Mrs. plappville beans and not ms. plappville rice married or divorced. It is your identity. They never questioned this hundred's of years ago
How do u know it has not been questioned yrs bk? Mrs plappville Beans is an identity given by thé society or whatever, but Mrs Plappville Rice was an identity by birth. It's biological, can't u see!
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 10:13pm On Nov 18, 2010
What woman's right policy are you talking about? Is there some sort of legal policy that was enacted? Social laws and religion are not one in the same. Although they can at times go hand in hand, they are not to be grouped together. My rights as a woman are no different from your rights as a man. I am a human being just like you. If you want to exercise your pseudo control over a woman then just say that!!! Because I refuse to accept your false beliefs about what you supposedly think woman is supposed to be doesn't mean that I am a "fallen woman". You have made no sense at all. You say "Even the woman's right policy with has given people like you right to talk junk doesn't mean for a woman not to take her husband's name, this is just a new ideal from fallen women who can not really interpret what their rights are and what their right aren't", so [regardless of a person's gender] what is the point point in having a right if you can't exercise it?!?! Its as if you tell me you have the right to vote but it doesn't mean you should. Do you see the contradiction there?!?! If you have that right but cannot exercise it, then in reality you do not really possess that right. You can sit here an call me whatever name you like. If that makes you feel good about yourself as man then so be it.

Man and Woman are two different types of human beings. They are not the same things one is stronger than the other one in everything. Religion, science nature proves that. What am i even arguing here? You can do anything you like. Just wait for the consequences.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 10:15pm On Nov 18, 2010
Society demands that you are rather called Mrs. plappville beans and not ms. plappville rice married or divorced. It is your identity. They never questioned this hundred's of years ago
How do u know it has not been questioned yrs bk? Mrs plappville Beans is an identity given by thé society or whatever, but Mrs Plappville Rice was an identity by birth. It's biological, can't u see!

No! You need to see that it is also society who also made both ideal of Rice and Beans at different stages of life. Get it?
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by denzel2009: 10:20pm On Nov 18, 2010
^^^This guy,you get time sha!
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by KennyG6(m): 10:21pm On Nov 18, 2010
i can now see why a increasing number of women are either single or divorced, the attitude of some of the women posting on here says it all
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by plappville(f): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kenny_G:

i can now see why a increasing number of women are either single or divorced, the attitude of some of the women posting on here says it all

This topic has nothing to do with women not yet married or divorced.
60% of divorces are caused by men!
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 10:53pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kenny_G:

So because I refuse to bend over backwards for you, that means I will remain single? Oh please, give me a break!!!

excoba101:

Man and Woman are two different types of human beings. They are not the same things one is stronger than the other one in everything. Religion, science nature proves that. What am i even arguing here? You can do anything you like. Just wait for the consequences.

Then don't argue if you have no actual arguments. And by the way what are these supposed "consequences" that you claim I'll suffer from?

Kenny_G:

the irony of all this is that if the man is a billionaire or from a well known family we wont be having this discussion,

Billionaire or not I would never take a man's last name, perhaps some women would but I won't. I'm not one of those women that will sit around and act as though I need a man to provide for me. The reason women flock to men like that is because we've been stupidly conditioned to believe that we need to have men provide for us. Unlike those women, I've been taught by my parents [especially my father] to provide for myself so I will NEVER have to be at the mercy of any man. So even if some billionaire comes walkin' by, that's no reason for me to be doing back flips.

excoba101:

Like i said you go out there and do what you like. Also wait for the hard consequences. You see because of controversies and conflicts in agreement like this, that is why there are law which forms the basic standard of how we should live and going against it is a sin or crime. What is in your law about these things you argue about? Why were they written that way and not the other way round (which suits your line of reasoning now).
Talk is free. You can say anything you want. But you don't want to be caught doing everything you think or feel, do you (might not end up good you know)?  cheesy

And what is this law you keep referring to? Where is it? Show it so me since you dead set on using law to prove your point?
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by KennyG6(m): 10:54pm On Nov 18, 2010
plappville:

This topic has nothing to do with women not yet married or divorced.
60% of divorces are caused by men!
its not hard to see why with the kind of shallow attitude some of the respondents on here have
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 10:56pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kenny_G:

its not hard to see why with the kind of shallow attitude some of the respondents on here have

How is it shallow?
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by KennyG6(m): 10:58pm On Nov 18, 2010
Inked_Nerd:

[size=12pt][font=times]
So because I refuse to bend over backwards for you, that means I will remain single? Oh please, give me a break!!!

you think any right thinking man would settle for a woman with this kind of thinking?
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 11:02pm On Nov 18, 2010
Kenny_G:

you think any right thinking man would settle for a woman with this kind of thinking?

I have asked guys this question before and a lot of them have no problem with it. Just because you have a problem with it doesn't mean that every other man will. Just as my sentiments aren't a representation of all women, yours aren't a representation of all men.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by KennyG6(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2010
ok
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by Sagamite(m): 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2010
@topic

I have no problem with it.

More so if:

- She is from a rich family and want to maintain a link for pride or benefits

- She has gained some fame with her pre-marriage name and want to retain the stored capital

- She sees my surname as horrible/ugly and wants to spice it up to be able to tolerate it

That said, she really is eroding her ability in the marriage to ask me to, or contest I, do something based on tradition/customs. undecided I would be so blunt and always have a ready reason why not to.  grin
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 3:56am On Nov 19, 2010
Billionaire or not I would never take a man's last name, perhaps some women would but I won't. I'm not one of those women that will sit around and act as though I need a man to provide for me. The reason women flock to men like that is because we've been stupidly conditioned to believe that we need to have men provide for us. Unlike those women, I've been taught by my parents [especially my father] to provide for myself so I will NEVER have to be at the mercy of any man. So even if some billionaire comes walkin' by, that's no reason for me to be doing back flips.

Yeah right. I am sure he will be proud of you especially if he read these comments you have been writing down here. grin]
How old are you? Have you found your man yet? If not good luck with finding him.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 4:33am On Nov 19, 2010
excoba101:

Yeah right. I am sure he will be proud of you especially if he read these comments you have been writing down here.  grin]
How old are you? Have you found your man yet? If not good luck with finding him.

Actually, I read the comments to him so he knows exactly what my views are on this subject. He knows that I'm headstrong just like him and isn't surprised by my comments. As for my age and me "finding a man", I'm 21 and did I at any point in time tell you or any other person for that matter that I was looking for a man? Hmmmm, let me guess, your one of those men that possesses the archaic notion that a woman isn't complete if she doesn't has a  husband and children?
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by excoba101: 4:57am On Nov 19, 2010
So you are even this young? Well, you have been brain washed by the feminist theories. You still have a long way to go.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by SALady(f): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2010
excoba101:

^^^Legend of doom. Talk about dark angels man. @Inked_Nerd I rest my case its recommemded.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by Nobody: 8:45am On Nov 19, 2010
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by Sagamite(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2010
^^^ I honestly have no problem dating girls that say "this is 2010" like Inked Nerd.

Honestly, I don't.

Where we can have a problem is when she tries to turn it to 1918 in one aspect and maintain it is 2010 in another. That would piss me off.

If you want the relationship to be guided by the so-called "enlightened" and "progressive" principles, fine. If you want it guided by the traditional principles, fine. Don't pick and mix, I am not Woolworths.

If you think it is 2010 and you "All the women who are independent, throw your hands up at me" then don't turn around and tell me "Can you pay my bills? Can you pay my telephone bills? Do you pay my automo' bills?". Waka!!! When we go to a restaurant, get your wallet out and drop 50% of the bill.

If you think it is 2010 and you can't get in the kitchen and make me a meal, cool. Don't turn around and expect me to help you carry an item that I see you carrying but is awkard and heavy for you to carry or if I am carrying nothing at all or check your car when it is faulty.

If you think it is 2010 and you don't have to listen to some of my leadership demands, no lonthing. Don't turn around and expect that I have to be there and listen to any emotional rant you want to "share" if I am not interested in taking a share.

Don't expect me to have to set up something special on Valentines. We should both be doing it on par levels.

Don't expect me to ask you to marry me, we will discuss it like a questions and answer session until we arrive at an answer. And Heck, forget the engagement ring, except you are buying me one too. It is 2010.

Almost 2-11 now.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by jaybee3(m): 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2010
@Inked
ain't nothing wrong with wanting to keep your surname as it's only a name at the end of the day.
What i wanna know though is how do you explain to your kids why daddy has a different surname to yours?
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2010
Sagamite:

^^^ I honestly have no problem dating girls that say "this is 2010" like Inked Nerd.

Honestly, I don't.

Where we can have a problem is when she tries to turn it to 1918 in one aspect and maintain it is 2010 in another. That would piss me off.

If you want the relationship to be guided by the so-called "enlightened" and "progressive" principles, fine. If you want it guided by the traditional principles, fine. Don't pick and mix, I am not Woolworths.

If you think it is 2010 and you "All the women who are independent, throw your hands up at me" then don't turn around and tell me "Can you pay my bills? Can you pay my telephone bills? Do you pay my automo' bills?". Waka!!

! When we go to a restaurant, get your wallet out and drop 50% of the bill.

If you think it is 2010 and you can't get in the kitchen and make me a meal, cool. Don't turn around and expect me to help you carry an item that I see you carrying but is awkard and heavy for you to carry or if I am carrying nothing at all or check your car when it is faulty.

If you think it is 2010 and you don't have to listen to some of my leadership demands, no lonthing. Don't turn around and expect that I have to be there and listen to any emotional rant you want to "share" if I am not interested in taking a share.

Don't expect me to have to set up something special on Valentines. We should both be doing it on par levels.

Don't expect me to ask you to marry me, we will discuss it like a questions and answer session until we arrive at an answer. And Heck, forget the engagement ring, except you are buying me one too. It is 2010.

Almost 2-11 now.

Ummm, Sagamite sweetie I never said it was 2010 undecided

chaircover:

In our culture (and even some Western cultures) it is the norm for the woman to take on the husbands surname when she gets married.

There are some exceptions like Sagamite mentioned above (and even then this has to be mutual) however if your husband and his family are not happy with you keeping your maiden name and you go on to deliberately kick against this because of reasons such as you want to "keep your identity" & "this is 2010" then you have started to poke holes in the fabric of the union.

Truth be told, you are indirectly telling the man that he is not good enough for you to bear his name & most men will take this personal.

So where is the "union" if you have ONLY his name??

jay bee:

@Inked
ain't nothing wrong with wanting to keep your surname as it's only a name at the end of the day.
What i wanna know though is how do you explain to your kids why daddy has a different surname to yours?

Well, that is is something the couple needs to discuss beforehand. You don't just jump into marriage without discussing certain things beforehand. The high school that my younger brother goes to, for some stranger reason a lot of the children in the school have either hyphenated names, their mother's maiden names, or their father's surname. For the most part, from what I've seen with the school records, majority of them have hyphenated[b]/[/b]mother's maiden names. I couldn't help but wonder why a lot of the students were like that and till this day I still haven't been able to figure it out.

excoba101:

So you are even this young? Well, you have been brain washed by the feminist theories. You still have a long way to go.

Brain washed eh? So because I can think for myself, I have been brain washed? Lmao, well excuse me for not going along with the sheepish mentality that has infested other people's brains.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by jaybee3(m): 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2010
I agree that one has to discuss that before taking the step if it's going to worry them so much.
Would you give up on love if your dream man happens to be adamant about you having his last name?
What about considering the hyphenated/mother's maiden names as a compromise.
Re: Ladies Who Hold On To Their Father's Surname In Marriage by InkedNerd(f): 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2010
jay bee:

I agree that one has to discuss that before taking the step if it's going to worry them so much.
Would you give up on love if your dream man happens to be adamant about you having his last name?
What about considering the hyphenated/mother's maiden names as a compromise.

How can he really love me if the dude is wrecking his brain over the fact that I don't wanna take his last name? I wouldn't give up on love but I still wouldn't wanna change my name. If he wants to walk away from me because of that, then that's on him. I'll go down the hyphenated route if his name is hyphenated as well.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Which Is More Important To You As A Man. Your Wife Or Business/work? / Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? / MUST WATCH: How To Organize A Nigerian Children's Party In London [video]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.