Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,709 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:26 PM

What Did You First Experience In The US? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Did You First Experience In The US? (19189 Views)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by gentleaura(m): 3:19am On Jun 11, 2006
Where is lilnaomi if I may ask
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by nwaigboannoying: 6:15am On Jun 11, 2006
This happened few weeks after being in the US, We went to eat and with all my african accent I asked the waitress "May I have a fork?" the problem is it didn't come out like fork it came out like F**k and she was like what did you say?, Then my friend jumped in and said no no no He meant may I have a fork, not the f**K , So if you get here make sure you learn how to say the words right , smiley

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by baby4u2(f): 8:52am On Jun 11, 2006
lol, ur accent must have been really thick.

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Luchie(f): 10:23am On Jun 11, 2006
My own experience was at age 10. My mum and i had gone visiting with her younger sister and her family (xmas holiday in NY) and about 3 days into our visit, i had gone to take a shower that morning. While taking my bath, i ran out of hot water and i was in a dilema on what to do. And my young brain told me to inform my aunty but i did not want to disturb her. I was being [b]B R A V E[/b]!!! I was already shivering i still continued with my shower. By the time i came out of the bathroom, i was shaking all over and my mother and aunty gave me the scolding of my life i was very embarassed and thank God my cousins were not at home then embarassed . I guess that at that time, what must have gone though my mother's mind was, if anything thing had happened to me all because i wanted to be brave, what would she have told my father! But guess what? I just couldn't be bothered with their scolding when i know i had a hot cup of chocolate waiting for me and some other wonderful things. grin grin grin grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by robby1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 11, 2006
Old Glory:

Robby

Double Decker Bus in Baltimore? Or the UK? I am a bit confused.
@old glory
i guess u didnt read the entire post. it says east ham to hackeny and they are both in london.
Hotstepper:

i guess it should be in da UK tongue
u are rigth. its in london.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by ddizzle(f): 7:34pm On Jun 11, 2006
To tell you the Honest truth what i thought about the US when i was in Nigeria is far from what i saw when i came!! I was told right from when i was in primary school that i was going to school in america and back then i seriosly was thinking i was going to be living the American Dream!! Na lie, I live on my own, pay ma own bills and i must say honestly that Nigeria despite the hassles has something america misses "freedom" why do i say so, In america nobody gives a rubbish about you, not even your landlord and in naija at least when youre broke you go to your parents house, youre welcome there! A friend of mine from school invited me to go out for some drinks and stuff and im like okay you know how in naija somebbody invites you somewhere at least they will pay abi? no oh when the people brought the bill it was like mine- 10 box and his was like 20 box or so so he put down 20 box I was shocked i just jejerly brought out ma visa card and swipped it praying it didnt decline lol

Coming here taught me one thing theres NO PLACE LIKE HOME!!

Ppl don't be in a hurry to leave naija for america its another Hustling Stage Just that you have to pay money to hustle!!

Hope i shared enough
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ndipe(m): 10:45pm On Jun 11, 2006
I had this erroneous assumption that all blacks were friendly with one another. I thought if you saw a black person and said "woz up", that's cool. Imagine my surprise when I walked into an elevator of my aunt's building and saw a black woman. I greeted her amiably but she turned around and looked surprised. Chei, and this was when homesickness was beginning to take a hold of me and my aunt was telling me to avoid Nigerians at all cost. There was nobody to turn to, if you turn to Nigerians, aunt might be unhappy that you are breeding problems for yourself, and you are considered an outsider in America. Plus the chilly weather in Virgina did not help.

At least, the weather gets warmer in California.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by bluenubian(f): 4:54pm On Jun 12, 2006
i cant remember having a bad experience, but one thing i still do to this day is say "sorry" all the time, thats how i was raised, if someone hits their leg, i ll say sorry, well now i say sorry all the time to my co workers and friends, they jus look at me crazy and say "oh thats ok, u didnt do it", now i jus say "i know i cant help saying sorry"
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 4:57pm On Jun 12, 2006
i tot i was d only one with that problem. i say it eertime and one time i said it and my friend was like if the cops were there and heard me say that, i would have been in a very big mess. now what i do is, if some one hurts theirselves, i will just say. awww, that is going to hurt, don't worry u will be aiight. It is long and i hate it but what can i do. don't want to say sorry and sorry myself in jail.

sometimes i prefer naija way. a simple sorry will do.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:01pm On Jun 12, 2006
@blue

U're Soooo damn right!!!!!!!!! shocked  shocked i Once told this lady sorry and she goes it'' it's alright love, U didnt do it, i did it, and im like So what?? don't U think i know that??

and She repeated the same thing again! the other tyme shocked shocked im like
yeah!! right! it's Only just polite but now, I guess i'll just tell her'' hey!! U, better be careful angry U've been hurting yaself too much off late!!!''       cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2006
lol, lmao. funny.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2006
lol diddy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Efani(m): 5:06pm On Jun 12, 2006
its true
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by bluenubian(f): 5:14pm On Jun 12, 2006
are u guys on a nairaland train

diddy

rhoda

efani

diddy

arent we missing some people, eveseh, moladun 2can oh lawd, im digging my own grave grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:15pm On Jun 12, 2006
i dont think doz members bought the golden ticket for the ride. when the buy it they will come on board asap.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by 2cantango(f): 5:16pm On Jun 12, 2006
Who called ma name? cheesy cheesy

I can't contribute to this topic because I've never been to the US cool
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2006
and she just bought the ticket. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Efani(m): 5:17pm On Jun 12, 2006
do u live in africa?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by bluenubian(f): 5:18pm On Jun 12, 2006
its ok 2can, the nairaland train is not complete without u
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by bluenubian(f): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2006
diddy, one day we' ll get it, we sure are good at straying from the topic, its ok, we cant help it
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:19pm On Jun 12, 2006
lol blue cheesy cheesy thats why i feel ya kiss kiss kiss

@Efani!

no! baby gurl is in Australia cool kiss kiss

at y'all abeg!! lets get going cheesy oya cheesy cheesy train move  cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Efani(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2006
i didnt ask u rhod
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:20pm On Jun 12, 2006
@blue

lol, yes we cant. its normal. lol
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by 2cantango(f): 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2006
Lol @diddyson cheesy

@Efani:

No I don't live in Africa embarassed - I see baby girl answered for me angry big mouth baby girl angry kiss kiss

@blue:

That's such a damn sweet thing for you to say - please excuse me while I reach for ma kleenex to dab ma tears from ma eyes cry cheesy cheesy kiss
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by bluenubian(f): 5:24pm On Jun 12, 2006
thats why they call me blue tongue
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 5:25pm On Jun 12, 2006
lol,
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2006
@Efani

OoPs!! cheesy cheesy what have i done wrong today?? sad

@baby gurl cheesy cheesy lol cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:26pm On Jun 12, 2006
lol blue cheesy cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Efani(m): 5:28pm On Jun 12, 2006
Rhodalyn:

@Efani

OoPs!! cheesy cheesy what have i done wrong today?? sad

@baby girl cheesy cheesy lol cheesy cheesy
nuttin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2006
sad
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by bluenubian(f): 5:29pm On Jun 12, 2006
dont worry rhod, he's jus playing hard to get, play along
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 5:30pm On Jun 12, 2006
So why aint ya talking to me cry

pls help me blue sad

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Anguish, Chaos, Gridlock Over Int’l Flight Relocation / Loko-Oweto Road Construction Nears Completion (Video, Pix) / The Eyesore Of NPA Lilypond Terminal At Marine Beach, Apapa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.