Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:09 AM

What Did You First Experience In The US? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Did You First Experience In The US? (19173 Views)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ciaralover(f): 2:15pm On May 22, 2006
When i first came to the U.S of A my aunt came up to me and ask me on the first day if i wanted to eat Hot Dog? My response was "I don't eat dog!" Everyone started laughing!! I was so embarased!

Also, when I first came here I went to have shower. I took of all my clothes got in the tub confused about what to do. I turned some knob in the tub and the water came running from the shower mouth. I was so freakin scared that I ran from the tub and ran downstairs naked. At that time I was 13 and all my family members that were there all started laughing at me and I became the joke of the day!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ciaralover(f): 4:10pm On May 24, 2006
what is ya experience?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Free(f): 7:23pm On May 24, 2006
omg !!!!
this happened even before i got to the states

but on the plane
the food they gave us it was hot dogs
and i had no idea what it was or how to eat it
my whole family was clueless, it was soo funny
we didnt eat the food on the plane lol, bunch of villagers!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
we still talk about it and laugh its too damn funny still

3 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ciaralover(f): 4:09pm On May 25, 2006
Free:

omg !!!!
this happened even before i got to the states

but on the plane
the food they gave us it was hot dogs
and i had no idea what it was or how to eat it
my whole family was clueless, it was soo funny
we didnt eat the food on the plane lol, bunch of villagers!!!!!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
we still talk about it and laugh its too damn funny still
Why didnt u ask someone!!!Yea i know it will look kinda stupid!!When i was on the plane i didnt know how to flush the bathroom, so i just poop and left!!

2 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ciaralover(f): 5:10pm On May 26, 2006
Yea can someone tell us their experience!!
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2006
lol, some funny experiences cheesy cheesy cheesy

well before i even came to the UK, i already knew ''whassup'' so i actually never had any embarrassing stuffs

im the kind of person U might call ''too full of herself'' but really im not, U might just think so Cuz thats what my looks will tell ya

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by zionchic(f): 2:16am On Jun 05, 2006
lololol really funny experiences. please tell mii you're joking. sorry i had to post here without an experience but like rhoda i really had no bad experience, I was able to work my way through things i didn't understand without embarrassing myself
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Hotstepper(f): 11:19pm On Jun 05, 2006
good 2 observe 1st b4 acting, no bad experience 4 me as Rd said also but I shall be back with one of ma friend's experience, anytime i remember it, i laugh off ma head so i would love 2 share, be back tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by emmie4j(m): 8:34am On Jun 06, 2006
we went to a chinese restaurant with my uncle and his akata wife, he ordered an fried rice with two sides of orange chicken. So just like we do back home, I tried to seperate the meat from the rice so I can eat the rice first and the chicken later. But he went ahead and told me in front of his wife to eat both the rice and the chicken together, and we will order more chicken if I wanted more. Being so embarassed, I told him that that was how I wanted to eat it, and he snapped and said; "u havent had chinese food before, so I tell u how to eat it without embarassing urself not the other way round",,,,,,,Boy I felt like digging a hole and climbing right in cheesy

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Hotstepper(f): 3:30pm On Jun 06, 2006
lol, datz 4nny

here is one of ma friend's experience, infact, it was at da airport

At the airport, she went to the washroom and finished using it and once she stood up, da toilet automatically flushed itself, immediately, she ran away shouting, lol

ALSO

another one finished using da washroom, went to wash her hand, finished doing so and wanted 2 dry her hand, instead of her 2 put her hand, she put her hair cuz it was written DRYER so she figured itz for the hair, lol

3 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by zionchic(f): 3:47pm On Jun 06, 2006
@ emmie4j

Gosh that's so funny! you got tears rolling down my eyes, i doubt if i would have eaten that food if i was in your shoes.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by OldGlory1(m): 7:21pm On Jun 06, 2006
My experience was getting off a busy bus during rush hour .I was trying to get off the same door i entered the bus from. People looked at me like i was on drugs. I still forced my way out through the front door and people were staring at me from the window and shaking their heads. My my!!! I wish i had taken a class on "dos and dont's" when you arrive the USA.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Shagari2(m): 12:40am On Jun 07, 2006
Don't live in the states but on my 1st visit I was gobsmacked by all the wealth no wonder why the rest of the globe is so damn poor, you've got all the loot! disgusted by how fat everyone was though, bunch of fatso's!
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by zionchic(f): 1:01am On Jun 07, 2006
my bad, guess i read in a rush.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 1:35am On Jun 07, 2006
the first day i week i came here, the girls were hitting on me cuzz am from africa and one of them actually asked me if she can give me head and i was like dat is so inappropriate cuzz u dont know me dat much to get down on me.

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Hotstepper(f): 2:16am On Jun 07, 2006
hahaha, no one is hating for da person talking bout hating

@diddy, i know ur own experience would be about sexuality, lol
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by diddy4(m): 2:18am On Jun 07, 2006
its not like dat, i was just being honest. i mean dey have dis thing for african men although they havent gotten me yet. they need to do more dan dat to get me.

@hotstepper, i didnt use figure of speech ooo
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by naijarikan(m): 9:52pm On Jun 07, 2006
Mine was back in the early 90s. Me and my friend were walking hand in hand on a major street in Chicago. We noticed that people were starring at us but did not think much of it. When I got home and asked my uncle why people were starring at us, he burst out laughing explaining to me that people thought we were gay partners. I wished the ground had opened up and swallowed me that moment

3 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Consultant(f): 10:17pm On Jun 07, 2006
When i first came to the US, i wanted to use the dishwasher in my apartment so i got some dishwashing liquid (the type that you use to hand wash plates) and poured it into the dishwasher. I came out a few miuntes later to see a river of soap all over my kitchen floor. That's how i learnt that there is a type of soap meant specifically for the dishwasher.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Dauda(m): 10:32pm On Jun 07, 2006
My experience was right after I cleared customs and immigration at JFK. I called a cab to take me to Mount Vernon and the cab driver was Jamaican. He started a conversation and I guess he figured from my accent that I was Nigerian. He wanted to confirm his suspicion and he therefore asked if I was really a Nigerian. I proudly said yes. He started laughing and he said "another bank robber has arrived" That shocked the hell out of me. I tried to explain to him that not all Nigerians are criminals but he wasn't having any of my sermon. He said, "you're right"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by baby4u2(f): 10:41pm On Jun 07, 2006
naijarikan:

Mine was back in the early 90s. Me and my friend were walking hand in hand on a major street in Chicago. We noticed that people were starring at us but did not think much of it. When I got home and asked my uncle why people were starring at us, he burst out laughing explaining to me that people thought we were gay partners. I wished the ground had opened up and swallowed me that moment

Kai naijarikan even in nigerian its somehow for two boys to be holding there hands haba.

My experience in U.S. only. The first time i was to come over to the U.S. was to school. I thought it would be so different and i would be so different from the rest. Luckly for me i came into D.C and M.D. where they were alot of Nigerians. I experienced love and acceptance and i've never had a bad experience and i hope i never will.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Rhodalyn(f): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2006
My experience was getting off a busy bus during rush hour .I was trying to get off the same door i entered the bus from

Lmao cheesy cheesy thats funny
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by LiquidMind(m): 11:45pm On Jun 07, 2006
A friend of mine went to a club and brought a white girl home and slept with her that night
In the morning we find out it was a man not a girl.
we beat the man and he ran out of the house for his life

I ask my friend why he never notice it was a man
he said the girl told him to turn off the light and she assisted him to put it inside because it was dark,

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by zionchic(f): 11:46pm On Jun 07, 2006
phewwwwwwwwwwwwww
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Dauda(m): 11:54pm On Jun 07, 2006
OMG. grin grin grin Let your friend know that he is gay by the virtue of the fact that he laid a guy. Disgusting. Was he drunk?

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by zebudaya(m): 12:18am On Jun 08, 2006
Your friend is gay! grin even if you are drunk you are experiencing something you've never felt before.
Mad men don't run into burning houses even though they are nut cases

3 Likes

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by achinu(m): 1:03am On Jun 08, 2006
Mine was walking into Mrs. Winners chicken resturaunt with my dad and him trying to order a HAMBUREGR! The cashier pointed across the street to a McDONALDS explaining to us that they only sold FRIED CHICKEN @ Mrs. winners & not HAMBURGERS! Talk about a case of two J.J.C's grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by ADESUWA(f): 2:03am On Jun 08, 2006
i ave not been2 USA but my most awkward xperience when i got embarassed in pound shop.as desperate as i was 2 shop,i search thru all my bros n mums clothes n bags 2 find changes remaining.i found 100 pieces of 1penny coins n i tied them together in a nylon n took it 2 d pound shop .
on getting 2 d cashiers stand with many people behind me,d nylon tore n all d pennys fell on the floor,children at d store played some funny tricks n hid some of the pennies under d table so i had 2 search every where 2 find d missing pennies n dis took me forever.d bad news was dat d pennies did not complete 1pound so i had 2 leave d shop after all my stress with nothing n i had practically every 1ce attention diverted towards me pointin n starring at me as i left d shop with my coins almost in tears

1 Like

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by zionchic(f): 3:35am On Jun 08, 2006
oh oh! Adesuwa i feel like crying for you too, that indeed was embarrassing, so far i would say the most embarrassing, well it's a joke now i guess.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by sade511(f): 3:38am On Jun 08, 2006
lmao liquid. . .that is soo funny.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Zahymaka(m): 3:46am On Jun 08, 2006
I goofed twice. Beckley's a small city so I asked the RA on my floor for the way to a shop. She drew a map for me showing how to get to Walmart, assuming I had a car.

I walked like forever until a kindly lady stopped and gave me a ride. I was so tired I simply didn't care about riding with a stranger. Besides, she was very old and weak.

Inside Walmart, after shopping. . . did you know I'm totally clueless when it comes to directions? I always get lost the first time I go somewhere on my own but can find my way the second time.

As I was saying, can you believe I spent two hours trying to find my way out of Walmart?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by sade511(f): 3:47am On Jun 08, 2006
naijarikan:

This is sooooo funny and the one about the buss was funny too.
LMAO. . this thread is soo funny.

I dont have any experiences b/c i came here when i was real young and I dont remember anything.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Traffic Advisory As APC Presidential Rally Holds In Lagos (Updated) / Anguish, Chaos, Gridlock Over Int’l Flight Relocation / A Truck Load Of Grains Falls On Ikorodu Road (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.