Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,434 members, 7,954,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:01 AM

What Did You First Experience In The US? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Did You First Experience In The US? (19583 Views)

A Discriminating Experience In Poland / My Funny Jjc Experience In Canada........ / Illegal Immigrant: My Near Death And Terrible Experience In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:36am On May 24, 2007
no no, am at her sister school. UoR has a sister school u know, haha. the one closed by, don't say it don't want no one knowing where i am, lol

touched U or R once, a good place.

i hate their heat, it makes my body scratch me oo,

when my roomy put on heat, i open my side of the window, lol
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:37am On May 24, 2007
we get sister school? shocked
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:38am On May 24, 2007
eeyah lol you just hiding in that UoR LOL

am sure i will lost you around Roch cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:40am On May 24, 2007
have you tasted that Jamaican store meatpies? there is a jamaican store where they sell some petty african food, downtown
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:41am On May 24, 2007
lol the heat isnt too bad. I'm trying to imagine what sister school is close by us here. Only the community college and . . . . ah i have the school now! I know it!  grin It has rochester in the name eh?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:42am On May 24, 2007
LOL, right cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:43am On May 24, 2007
the jamaican store i know is not downtown, i forget the name of the street now but its not too far from Genessee boulevard. Has a yellow exterior i think.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:44am On May 24, 2007
i guessed as much! grin we had one nice chic from there during admissions week.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:46am On May 24, 2007
OH right, Genesse, i always call that area downtown cuz of the odd and old look grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by ikamefa(f): 3:49am On May 24, 2007
what is this a reunion? grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:49am On May 24, 2007
what do they sell there? i've always wanted to go but keep putting it off. how long have u been here? U must be a newbie.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:49am On May 24, 2007
so you dey eye them chic? haha, no toast o.

i stayed in Rustic village last summer, closed to mcc, yes that the one am talking abt too. i like their peppery meatpie. that's only thing i go there for once in blue moon.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:51am On May 24, 2007
ika6 comot here! Your school is about 5 mins from my house sef! see as this world small reach!  grin

Wow! An ex of mine lived in rustic village last yr, used to be a regular visitor there. tongue
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:51am On May 24, 2007
LOL, no Ika lol not really.

just jam that we school close  grin
no pour sand for our garri now, before you know plenty go dey ask and talk and then another punch don start ni yen lol  grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by ikamefa(f): 3:52am On May 24, 2007
ok ! ok i don comot! grin grin grin grin

happy now? grin grin grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:54am On May 24, 2007
no mind him bo grin
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 3:56am On May 24, 2007
oh and talking about garri, have u ever gotten any around here?

ika6 plenty appologies kiss ma binu
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:56am On May 24, 2007
really? that's nice. the indian guys there too dey complain for many international student cooking i read in my school mag. am out of there already.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 3:59am On May 24, 2007
no i haven't had garri at all.

i don't eat it here because i feel it's not clean to my taste. i will drink or eat garri when i touch obodo ayin. tell then, i smoke it in dreams only  grin

i only get pyam there (that's also once in blue moon).
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Nobody: 4:02am On May 24, 2007
yeah nice place though only if you have a roomie. i dont like the roomie idea. Anyway, make i go crash we must jam at some point by fire by force. i'll be on the lookout for a naija chic around mt hope or maybe ur school sef.  grin
take care.

wow, they've got yam too? gotta try that place o, i was thinking they might have ponmo. i'm sure i'll be too lazy to go cooking yam. wink did i hear someone say pounded yam?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 4:08am On May 24, 2007
eh, because you always get chic now,  not good to have a roommie, lol

yes there is fresh yam. yam powder for your pyam is there too. they have ponmo tell them cow skin lol. saw it once but didn't buy it.

nighty night oo,  cheesy
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by wales(m): 3:34am On May 26, 2007
Men, my first day in US of A was very sad for me, because all i had in mind was not what i met. cry[i][/i]
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by promise72(m): 4:32am On May 26, 2007
@ Wales,

Welcome to the club. How long you've been here? Hows the 'ye area?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by wales(m): 4:40am On May 26, 2007
Men, i have been around for two months and i stay in Oakland, what about you?
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ndipe(m): 8:37am On May 26, 2007
Oakland is about an hour drive from where I live . . . in the San Jose area. I sometimes attend Nigerian parties out there. But be careful, Oakland is notorious for crimes.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by wales(m): 8:41am On May 26, 2007
how long have you been around? hope you dont mind. tongue
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ndipe(m): 8:46am On May 26, 2007
Cant reveal, precisely, but I moved out here in the 90's.

I really missed (still do) Nigerian when I moved out here.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by wales(m): 8:54am On May 26, 2007
Men that is long ooo, i just came about two months ago and i feel like going back home for i am very bor over here. I stay around the bay area which is close to market. tongue tongue
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ndipe(m): 8:59am On May 26, 2007
I only visit Oakland for certain Nigerian parties, so I don't know much about the area. However, Oakland has a large Nigerian population, something that is lacking in my neck of the woods. Someday maybe all nairaland members living in the bay area will have a mini get-together.

PS: whom are you living with in Oakland? I have always maintained that for a newbie, being around the Nigerian community eases homesickness to some extent. I am sure there are nice joints, frequented by Nigerians in your area.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by wales(m): 9:06am On May 26, 2007
I am all alone in oakland, do you know any Nigeria around oakland? for i have not met any since i came around. cool cool cool cool
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by Ndipe(m): 11:01am On May 26, 2007
Dont know any Nigerian that stays in Oakland, but from my understanding, the city has a sizable number of our folks there. It's unbelievable that you live alone in Oakland. Like no family or friends from Nigeria? How did you land there? I don't frequent Oakland that much, aside from attending some of the Nigerian parties out there. Hit me up sometime.
Re: What Did You First Experience In The US? by omoge(f): 11:41am On May 26, 2007
wale, it's normal. the first thing when you get here is you want to go back home. but just remember what you came here for in the first place and then you will be occupied. like was it education, if so put more time studying, (i did just that, studied like no tmr). was it to work, then just to that. at the end of the day you are lonely that's true. but if you are in sch, join the international student club, i joined one and then the asian club, before i knew it there were so much things to do. join a church (i take it that you are a christian) they care about newbies here. even in church they will link you with other nig if they have any or knew someone etc, just relax and you will be alright, engage more in your hobbies, be happy cheesy
cheer up brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nigeria Air May Not Fly To US, Ethiopian Airline Subsumes It / A Bus Plunged Into River Siyiabei, Kenya. 17 Passengers Dead (Photo) / Lagos, World’s 3rd Worst City To Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.