Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,906 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist (12450 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2013
Yes, really. While the Supreme Court and the rest of us are all focused on the human right of marriage equality, let’s not forget that the fight doesn’t end with same-sex marriage. We need to legalize polygamy, too. Legalized polygamy in the United States is the constitutional, feminist, and sex-positive choice. More importantly, it would actually help protect, empower, and strengthen women, children, and families.

legalizing consensual adult polygamy wouldn’t legalize rape or child abuse. In fact, it would make those crimes easier to combat.

Right now, all polygamous families, including the healthy, responsible ones, are driven into hiding (notwithstanding the openly polygamous Brown family on TLC’s Sister Wives, that is). In the resulting isolation, crime and abuse can flourish unimpeded. Children in polygamous communities are taught to fear the police and are not likely to report an abusive neighbor if they suspect their own parents might be caught up in a subsequent criminal investigation. In a United States with legalized polygamy, responsible plural families could emerge from the shadows—making it easier for authorities to zero in on the criminals who remain there.

Many people argue that there is no such thing as a “healthy, responsible” polygamous family, particularly for the children born into one. “Children are harmed because they are often set in perennial rivalry with other children and mothers for the affection and attention of the family patriarch,” argued John Witte Jr. in the Washington Post. “Men with lots of children and wives are spread too thin,” agreed Libby Copeland in Slate. The earnestness of these arguments is touching but idealistic. Men in monogamous marriages can’t be spread too thin? Children in monogamous families don’t rival each other for the attentions of their parents? Two-parent families are not the reality for millions of American children. Divorce, remarriage, surrogate parents, extended relatives, and other diverse family arrangements mean families already come in all sizes—why not recognize that legally?

It’s also hard to argue with the constitutional freedom of religious expression that legalized polygamy would preserve. Most polygamous families are motivated by religious faith, such as fundamentalist Mormonism or Islam, and as long as all parties involved are adults, legally able to sign marriage contracts, there is no constitutional reason why they shouldn’t be able to express that faith in their marriages. Legalized polygamous marriage would also be good for immigrant families, some of whom have legally polygamous marriages in their home countries that get ripped apart during the immigration process. (It’s impossible to estimate exactly how many polygamous families live here, since they live their religious and sexual identities in secret. Academics suggest there are 50,000 to 100,000 people engaged in Muslim polygamy in the U.S., and there are thousands of fundamentalist Mormon polygamist families as well.)

Finally, prohibiting polygamy on “feminist” grounds—that these marriages are inherently degrading to the women involved—is misguided. The case for polygamy is, in fact, a feminist one and shows women the respect we deserve. Here’s the thing: As women, we really can make our own choices. We just might choose things people don’t like. If a woman wants to marry a man, that’s great. If she wants to marry another woman, that’s great too. If she wants to marry a hipster, well —I suppose that’s the price of freedom.

And if she wants to marry a man with three other wives, that’s her damn choice.

As a feminist, it’s easy and intuitive to support women who choose education, independence, and careers. It’s not as intuitive to support women who choose values and lifestyles that seem outdated or even sexist, but those women deserve our respect just as much as any others. It’s condescending, not supportive, to minimize them as mere “victims” without considering the possibility that some of them have simply made a different choice.

http://mobile.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/04/legalize_polygamy_marriage_equality_for_all.html?original_referrer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dwhy%2Bpolygamy%2Bis%2Bright%2Bin%2Bmarriage%26client%3Dms-opera-mini%26channel%3Dnew%26hl%3Den%26source%3Dlnms%26sa%3DX%26ei%3Dr-fTUcKiNcrGswammoBg%26ved%3D0CAUQ_AUoAA

4 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 10:50am On Jul 03, 2013
bros put a link on the osisi thread so the issue can be dissected
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 11:44am On Jul 03, 2013
^ Done bro

I guess the NL feminist ranting against polygamous home can now keep shut their stinking mouth! grin

Waiting for them in this thread to insult and disagree with their fellow professional feminist cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by dayokanu(m): 9:00pm On Jul 03, 2013
Interesting

Time to start shopping for mine
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:38pm On Jul 03, 2013
tintingz: ^ Done bro

I guess the NL feminist ranting against polygamous home can now keep shut their stinking mouth! grin

Waiting for them in this thread to insult and disagree with their fellow professional feminist cheesy
lol i laugh at your naievity.you are just judging from the surface.you think feminist are daft people or you think they dont have an inherent motive for their actions or plans.you must realise that feminist dont just make any decision if it wont benefit them one way or the other.their excuses for polygamy is what they want you to hear so you will be happy,like you are now :p anyway the real motive an idea behind this plan is equality.if they legalize polygamy,after the hulabaloo has died down,they will also sey their government should legalize bigamy to make it equal and a fifty fifty thing afterall we encouraged the men to marry as many wives as they want,government must also support our decisions in marrying more than one man afterall its a free world and we are living in the land of the free.dont be too happy,i know this ladies are up to something.they want a situation where a man can marry as many women as he wants and they will create a legal and institutional frame work where a woman will marry as many men as she wants.shey equation no balance grin

smart women grin i like that move grin

moreover there is a yoruba addage that says when you see a frog in the afternoon,you should be bothered because they hardly come out in the afternoon and when they do,its for an ulterior motive,in the same vein,i have never seen a feminist supporting polygamy and when they do,they have something up their sleeves. A leopard will never change its spot no matter how much (s)he pretends,so the joke is on you at the end grin

3 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 03, 2013
kulyie: lol i laugh at your naievity.you are just judging from the surface.you think feminist are daft people or you think they dont have an inherent motive for their actions or plans.you must realise that feminist dont just make any decision if it wont benefit them one way or the other.their excuses for polygamy is what they want you to hear so you will be happy,like you are now :p anyway the real motive an idea behind this plan is equality.if they legalize polygamy,after the hulabaloo has died down,they will also sey their government should legalize bigamy to make it equal and a fifty fifty thing afterall we encouraged the men to marry as many wives as they want,government must also support our decisions in marrying more than one man afterall its a free world and we are living in the land of the free.dont be too happy,i know this ladies are up to something.they want a situation where a man can marry as many women as he wants and they will create a legal and institutional frame work where a woman will marry as many men as she wants.shey equation no balance grin

A leopard will never change its spot no matter how much (s)he pretends,so the joke is on you at the end grin

Lmao! You know what's up! That's the first thing that came to my mind too. Some are already falling for it hook, line and sinker! Lol!

4 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by SisiKill1: 12:02am On Jul 04, 2013
When some mentally dwarfed Eejits were going on about Feminism being the bane on polygamy, it left some of us scratching our heads on how they came about that super leaping conclusion but they acted like we were in denial.

Soooooo.....Here's me channeling my grandmomma by saying - So tan? (It works well when you imagine it being said with a thick Yoruba accent cheesy )

Anymovingonho, this is what I wrote in the last thread in an attempt to help define the feminist movement coz as the polygamous thread went on, it became apparent that some people, God bless their simple minds, believe being a feminist is being a jaguda ready to fight men about anything on the sun. They hate men therefore they are lesbians. They don't like marriage because they are lesbians. They want want to be seen as human beings not lesbians even though they are lesbians.

Yep! That about sums it.

Sisi_Kill: Since the thread has already jumped shark, we might as well go there.

From the responses here, it is obvious many people have no clue what feminism is all about. Thinking it is about men is the first mistake. Believing they hate men is the second. It is about standing against things, issues that makes women feel less of a human being. It's about giving women choices and letting them make it. In the past and somewhat in the present, men have been the rule keepers and that's why it seems women are fighting men but if it were something else...An Alien from outta space in charge women would still fight with the same vigor. The most vocal feminist I know is happily married with 4 children...all boys. grin

If a woman choses to go into a polygamous relationship, that's her prerogative. If women are forced into polygamy, then feminist movement stands up against that. If a woman wants to cover her head, walk ten steps behind her man and talk to him in her knees because she wants to, that's her choice but if a woman is being forced to do all that for no reason but because she is a woman, the feminists movement comes in. Feminism is about fighting for a woman's God given right to make her own choices.

That it's being basterdized and given qualities not in line with what it really is by people who are intent on rubbishing it is sad but what's sadder is women who take the bastardized version and run with it. It's one thing for men not to educate themselves on what it truly means (it doesn't really affect them), it's quite another for a woman to just follow suit...regurgitating the crap being fed to them by men.

Feminism isn't about sexual orientation, it's not about always being on the opposing end of an argument just because the other person is a man. It's not about wanting to be a man. It's simply about being allowed to direct your own life. Why this is such an affront to some men has always baffled me. undecided

QUOTE FROM OP'S ARTICLE

Finally, prohibiting polygamy on “feminist” grounds—that these marriages are inherently degrading to the women involved—is misguided. The case for polygamy is, in fact, a feminist one and shows women the respect we deserve.

Here’s the thing: As women, we really can make our own choices. We just might choose things people don’t like. If a woman wants to marry a man, that’s great. If she wants to marry another woman, that’s great too. If she wants to marry a hipster, well —I suppose that’s the price of freedom

Booyah!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill: When some some mentally dwarfed Eejits were going on about Feminism being the bane on polygamy, it left some of scratching our heads on how they come about the super leaping conclusion but they acted like we were in denial.

Soooooo.....Here's me channeling my grandmomma by saying - So tan? (It works well when you imagine it being said with a thick Yoruba accent cheesy )

Anymovingonho, this is what I wrote in the last thread in an attempt to help define the feminist movement coz as the polygamous thread went on, it became apparent that some people, God bless their simple minds, believe being a feminist is being a jaguda ready to fight men about anything on the son. They hate men therefore they are lesbians. They don't like marriage because they are lesbians. They want want to be seen as human beings not lesbians even though they are lesbians. Yep! That about does it.

QUOTE FROM OP'S ARTICLE

Good Lawd!!! Dayum!! grin grin grin grin Rotfl!!! Okay I just about choked on my damn food!!! Yeee!!! Lmao!! grin grin grin

Now send me the money for my new keyboard.. angry angry

grin grin grin Bwahahahahaha!!!!!
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by SisiKill1: 12:53am On Jul 04, 2013
Rotflmao! Sorry! cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by armyofone(m): 2:23am On Jul 04, 2013
legalization must be both ways.
what is fair for D should also be fair for the V.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:45am On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: lol i laugh at your naievity.you are just judging from the surface.you think feminist are daft people or you think they dont have an inherent motive for their actions or plans.you must realise that feminist dont just make any decision if it wont benefit them one way or the other.their excuses for polygamy is what they want you to hear so you will be happy,like you are now :p anyway the real motive an idea behind this plan is equality.if they legalize polygamy,after the hulabaloo has died down,they will also sey their government should legalize bigamy to make it equal and a fifty fifty thing afterall we encouraged the men to marry as many wives as they want,government must also support our decisions in marrying more than one man afterall its a free world and we are living in the land of the free.dont be too happy,i know this ladies are up to something.they want a situation where a man can marry as many women as he wants and they will create a legal and institutional frame work where a woman will marry as many men as she wants.shey equation no balance grin

smart women grin i like that move grin

moreover there is a yoruba addage that says when you see a frog in the afternoon,you should be bothered because they hardly come out in the afternoon and when they do,its for an ulterior motive,in the same vein,i have never seen a feminist supporting polygamy and when they do,they have something up their sleeves. A leopard will never change its spot no matter how much (s)he pretends,so the joke is on you at the end grin
LOLZ. . .I thought feminist are against polygamy but now you said it is a plan cheesy

Sorry sis it might be a plan but a feminist just declear that polygamy should also be a choice for any woman, babyosisi didnt see that as a choice when she open are thread ''Are there happy polygamous home'' ya'll feminist 'thinking' is that monogamous home is where you only see happy family but jillian didnt follow that poor thinking

Here is her word
Men in monogamous marriages can’t be spread too thin? Children in monogamous families don’t rival each other for the attentions of their parents? Two-parent families are not the reality for millions of American children.

^^^Lolz this madam feminist made sense in this part of her words... cheesy

If her plan is to legalize gay, polyandry whatever it is, thats her problem as far a feminist supports polygamy then ya'll NL feminist should put ya monogamy ish to the shiiit holes cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:23am On Jul 04, 2013
Sisi_Kill: When some mentally dwarfed Eejits were going on about Feminism being the bane on polygamy, it left some of us scratching our heads on how they came about that super leaping conclusion but they acted like we were in denial.

Anymovingonho, this is what I wrote in the last thread in an attempt to help define the feminist movement coz as the polygamous thread went on, it became apparent that some people, God bless their simple minds, believe being a feminist is being a jaguda ready to fight men about anything on the sun. They hate men therefore they are lesbians. They don't like marriage because they are lesbians. They want want to be seen as human beings not lesbians even though they are lesbians.

Yep! That about sums it.

QUOTE FROM OP'S ARTICLE

Booyahh lo oti mo cheesy cheesy

I know not all feminist are against polygamy, but some ijapa thinking feminist that says polygamy is evil her real ijapa by nature cheesy cheesy thinking monogamy is the only happy marriage home, alas isaac suffered in a monogamy home cheesy

In your word
Feminism isn't about intimate orientation, it's not about always being on the opposing end of an argument just because the other person is a man. It's not about wanting to be a man. It's simply about being allowed to direct your own life. Why this is such an affront to some men has always baffled me.

^^^ This is a lie and a mess to feminism doctrine starting from kulyie cheesy it is against her thinking... Tho there are some post of yours that make sense

Ase n mu eye bo lapo ni o cheesy

Feminist are wannbies and against men nature...sorry many feminist are lesbians they dislike anything about men undecided

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 7:00am On Jul 04, 2013
“It's time for our culture to wake up and smell the sex pheromones: monogamy is not natural for many, or probably even most, humans.

“With people living longer than ever before, a greater tolerance toward the human impulse to experience sexual variety is needed. Whether a person succeeds at being sexually monogamous depends as much on biology as environment.”

There you have it. Biology is determinative. “Only 3% to 5% of all the mammal species on Earth ‘practice any form of monogamy.’ In fact, no mammal species has been proven to be truly monogamous.” cheesy cheesy

“Biologically, we humans are animals. So it makes sense to look to the animal kingdom for clues as to what we are built for.” cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:13am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: LOLZ. . .I thought feminist are against polygamy but now you said it is a plan cheesy

Sorry sis it might be a plan but a feminist just declear that polygamy should also be a choice for any woman, babyosisi didnt see that as a choice when she open are thread ''Are there happy polygamous home'' ya'll feminist 'thinking' is that monogamous home is where you only see happy family but jillian didnt follow that poor thinking

Here is her word

If her plan is to legalize gay, polyandry whatever it is, thats her problem as far a feminist supports polygamy then ya'll NL feminist should put ya monogamy ish to the shiiit holes cheesy
like i said earler those feminists are up to something.they are after equality so everyone has a fair share.if a woman chooses to be in a polygamous marriage,thats her cup of tea,if she wants to marry 1o husbands,fine,if she wants to marry a woman like herself all well and good.these women are just making opportunities for different kinds of marriage available and legal through subtility.ok,if a white racist marries a black man or woman and claims he loves him or her,he is just telling people what they want to hear to cover up his real motive.he or she might be after something else so dont be deceieved.there is something called external motives and internal motive.if they make their government support polygamy,you think they wont do the same for bigamy and homosexual marriage.it is called putting the government in a sensitive position where they will not be able to say no.it is all about women having more choices of the kinds of marriage they want without people judging them and all parties will be happy.like their watchward is equality for all sexes.if it is good for the goose,it must be good for the gander or do you think they will say their real reason for polygamy grin its called diplomacy,tactics,inteligence,subtility and politics.that they say something doesnt mean that is the real reason for it,they are trying to distract peoples minds from their real motive so dont be fooled yet,they are not stoping theregrin

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: “It's time for our culture to wake up and smell the sex pheromones: monogamy is not natural for many, or probably even most, humans.

“With people living longer than ever before, a greater tolerance toward the human impulse to experience sexual variety is needed. Whether a person succeeds at being sexually monogamous depends as much on biology as environment.”

There you have it. Biology is determinative. “Only 3% to 5% of all the mammal species on Earth ‘practice any form of monogamy.’ In fact, no mammal species has been proven to be truly monogamous.” cheesy cheesy

“Biologically, we humans are animals. So it makes sense to look to the animal kingdom for clues as to what we are built for.” cheesy cheesy

i like your first paragraph.that is exactly what feminists discovered and to avoid heart breaks let both parties have it open and no one is heart broken afterall varriety is the spice of life.as husband is having 3 girlfriends,wife will be having two,no one is cheated,full stop!

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Booyahh lo oti mo cheesy cheesy

I know not all feminist are against polygamy, but some ijapa thinking feminist that says polygamy is evil her real ijapa by nature cheesy cheesy thinking monogamy is the only happy marriage home, alas isaac suffered in a monogamy home cheesy

In your word

^^^ This is a lie and a mess to feminism doctrine starting from kulyie cheesy it is against her thinking... Tho there are some post of yours that make sense

Ase n mu eye bo lapo ni o cheesy

Feminist are wannbies and against men nature...sorry many feminist are lesbians they dislike anything about men undecided

feminism IS NOT AGAINST MEN,IT IS AGAINST THE INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORKS (patriarchy) THAT DEBASES WOMEN AND SUBJECTS THEM TO ALL FORMS OF ABUSE.meanwhile what is my name doing in your discussion.cant you have a discussion without talking about or referring to kulyie

or is gossip part of your stock in trade cheesy :p

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: LOLZ. . .I thought feminist are against polygamy but now you said it is a plan cheesy

Here is her word

thats the point.they are trying to distract your minds by making you happy that they are supporting polygamy so you wont have the moral justification to attack them when the want bigamy and homosexual marriage.you are just getting the drift.i like what you said,that is their buisness,so it becomes a 5o,5o thing at the end of the day.as it is your buisness to amass wives,so it is their buisness to amass husbands if they want to,its all about choices grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:31am On Jul 04, 2013
Interesting..@kulyie your conspiracy theory on the rationale for this polygamic push sounds intriguing.

So one time polygamy was outlawed to ensure females were not boxed into marriage constructs where they had no choice

Now that there is a proliferation of single marriageable females vs a dearth of males now females want the ban on polygamy lifted..

Choice - the magic word

Now It seems we all know what women finally want

Choice

Not the betterment of themselves of their family

Just plain old choice

Don't force me to be the second wife but let me have the choice to be the second wife?

Choice..

A woman wants to kill herself against all logic yet she just wants the choice to kill herself

Awesome....grin

I have to change my maiden name but give me the choice so that I will be appreciated as if I made the choice myself

Interesting indeed

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: Interesting..@kulyie your conspiracy theory on the rationale for this polygamic push sounds intriguing.

So one time polygamy was outlawed to ensure females were not boxed into marriage constructs where they had no choice

Now that there is a proliferation of single marriageable females vs a dearth of males now females want the ban on polygamy lifted..

Choice - the magic word

Now It seems we all know what women finally want

Choice

Not the betterment of themselves of their family

Just plain old choice

Don't force me to be the second wife but let me have the choice to be the second wife?

Choice..

A woman wants to kill herself against all logic yet she just wants the choice to kill herself

Awesome....grin

I have to change my maiden name but give me the choice so that I will be appreciated as if I made the choice myself

Interesting indeed

exactly.you have just summarised the isshhh cheesy

meanwhile good morning biola baby.na wa for you o.you just disappear and reappear as will,o tie bere padi e kulyie,ehen? Sho da be? grin ko da o cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:43am On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: exactly.you have just summarised the isshhh cheesy

meanwhile good morning biola baby.na wa for you o.you just disappear and reappear as will,o tie bere padi e kulyie,ehen? Sho da be? grin ko da o cheesy

Thanks for the seal of approval grin

I dey ma.. you know this is school break/vacation period so other duties dey involved and the main movers of the family section dey off so no interesting topics to jaw jaw on..

I dey see you for the kumuyi thread and i gbadun ur points... it is well with you

have a nice day ma

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:44am On Jul 04, 2013
I have to follow this.
Besides, where is coogar? Did he join Uju & Pataki on their trip? grin grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:58am On Jul 04, 2013
^^^^^ The Dynamic duo and the terrible trio...

LOL
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:02am On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:

Thanks for the seal of approval grin

I dey ma.. you know this is school break/vacation period so other duties dey involved and the main movers of the family section dey off so no interesting topics to jaw jaw on..

I dey see you for the kumuyi thread and i gbadun ur points... it is well with you

have a nice day ma

lol you too sir.i dey feel you dieee grin my love to mama biola o wink grin and children biolas cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 8:03am On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: ^^^^^ The Dynamic duo and the terrible trio...

LOL
who are those o jare,jamisi grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 8:42am On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: who are those o jare,jamisi grin
The threads of the family section shiver in the wake of their catalysmic word battles

Just go to any of the baba oyo threads

Have a nice day
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 9:06am On Jul 04, 2013
I see nothing wrong with what this woman is saying. If a woman chooses to be a man's hundredth wife then that's her life and her choice, she is free to be wife number hundred.
Feminism is not against women making choices for themselves, it is against choices being forced on women.

However, legalization of polygamy would also mean legalizing polyandry. Sorry guys.
USA is very big on gender equality and if they want to legalize polygamy they'd do so by legalizing marriage of one person to different people, they won't simply legalize marriage of one man to different women. They'd also make it possible for women to have different husbands because making multiple marriages legal for men and illegal for woman is sexism and gender discrimination. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by vivianc(f): 9:14am On Jul 04, 2013
Double post.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by vivianc(f): 9:18am On Jul 04, 2013
*Just passing*

This issue no concern me jare, cos me no for sure say I no fit share my man wiTh another woman.

So make I dey watch from corner.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 9:50am On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: feminism IS NOT AGAINST MEN,IT IS AGAINST THE INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORKS (patriarchy) THAT DEBASES WOMEN AND SUBJECTS THEM TO ALL FORMS OF ABUSE.
I disagree, Feminism is a hate group against men...you may see it as a way of fighting for women freedom, gender equality but in some of your posts i have been reading on NL i see hatred in you towards men and your fellow feminist on NL

Let me quote out some feminist words about men:

[b]¤ “I feel that ‘man-hating’ is an honourable and viable political act, that the oppressed have a right to class-hatred against the class that is oppressing them.” – Robin Morgan, Ms. Magazine Editor

¤ “To call a man an animal is to flatter him; he’s a machine, a walking Love Machine.” -– Valerie Solanas

¤ “I want to see a man beaten to a bloody pulp with a high-heel shoved in his mouth, like an apple in the mouth of a pig.” — Andrea Dworkin

¤ “Rape is nothing more or less than a conscious process of intimidation by which all men keep all women in a state of fear” — Susan Brownmiller

¤ “The more famous and powerful I get the more power I have to hurt men.” — Sharon Stone

¤ “In a patriarchal society, all heterosexual intercourse is rape because women, as a group, are not strong enough to give meaningful consent.” — Catherine MacKinnon

¤ “The proportion of men must be reduced to and maintained at approximately 10% of the human race.” — Sally Miller Gearhart

¤ “Men who are unjustly accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience.” – Catherine Comins

¤ “All men are rapists and that’s all they are” — Marilyn French

¤ “Probably the only place where a man can feel really secure is in a maximum security prison, except for the imminent threat of release.” — Germaine Greer.[/b]
www.womenagainstmen.com/media/feminism-is-a-hate-group.html

The name of the site is digusting angry

shocked shocked shocked
I pray i dont marry a woman with feminist/feminism thinking undecided

meanwhile what is my name doing in your discussion.cant you have a discussion without talking about or referring to kulyie

or is gossip part of your stock in trade cheesy :p
Lolz cheesy i mentioned your moniker because you're the madam feminist i have noticed on NL cheesy tongue
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 9:51am On Jul 04, 2013
vivianc: *Just passing*

This issue no concern me jare, cos me no for sure say I no fit share my man wiTh another woman.

So make I dey watch from corner
So what will you do if your hubby introduce another woman to you as the second wife... Poison him?? undecided
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 10:13am On Jul 04, 2013
fellis: I see nothing wrong with what this woman is saying. If a woman chooses to be a man's hundredth wife then that's her life and her choice, she is free to be wife number hundred.
Feminism is not against women making choices for themselves, it is against choices being forced on women.

However, legalization of polygamy would also mean legalizing polyandry. Sorry guys.
USA is very big on gender equality and if they want to legalize polygamy they'd do so by legalizing marriage of one person to different people, they won't simply legalize marriage of one man to different women. They'd also make it possible for women to have different husbands because making multiple marriages legal for men and illegal for woman is sexism and gender discrimination. smiley
Polyandry... this will be nice and may be actually welcomed in some quarters
Personally for me I cant never be in a polyandric relationship ...

Marriage itself may be archaic in a few decades at the rate things are going

advent of DNA testing has made sole ownership of a pristine vessel irrelevant

A man can claim his issue based on DNA even if he/she was born into another family

Remember that in ancient cultures to avoid the issue of paternity fraud, female virginity was enforced
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 10:18am On Jul 04, 2013
fellis: I see nothing wrong with what this woman is saying. If a woman chooses to be a man's hundredth wife then that's her life and her choice, she is free to be wife number hundred.

Madam fellis...

Its not about gender equality but gender equity... Why shoud women be competing with men in every field?

Polyandry is practiced in some places but i find it disgusting to nature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Help: Television Series Wants To Ruin My Marriage / My Hubby Is A Nymphomaniac, Please Help / Nairaland Christmas Giveaway By Twaci (2021 Edition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.