Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,222 members, 7,953,832 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:27 AM

Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist (12669 Views)

10 Behaviors Of An Extreme Nairaland Feminist / Will/Can A Feminist Make A Good And Wife Material? / Rise Of The Feminist Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: i support polygamy,polyandry and open marriage at the same time in the same place and the same country.if you are ok and practice polygamy and adultery or you support and encourage it ,you should not have a problem with polyandry and open marriage grin why do you hate receiving what you cant give grin
Lolz, i dont support adultery that's why polygamy is created for men cos men are polygamist in nature...take lions as an example in their pride land or do you see lioness chasing lions to pop their hole??

MOREOVER WHAT A MAN CAN DO,A WOMAN CAN DO WHATgrin
Taaarrr!! Who is decieving you sef undecided

Both gender can do better smiley
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
fellis:
Why shouldn't they?
Each gender should be on it own field...
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by bukatyne(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:

women are a wonderful gender

they wanted security and protection from the beasts and elements; we gave them companionship

they wanted more security and protection; we gave them marriage

they complained we did not trust their children; we gave them virginity before marriage

they complained there were too many unmarried females; we gave them polygamy

they complained that they feel valued in the multitude of their kind; we gave them monogamy

they complained there are too many unwanted kids; we gave them abortion rights

they complained too many foetuses are dying; we say ban before 20 weeks;

You take the decision on their behalf... they complain you give them no choice yet you leave them to their devices they say you are not caring enough

wow.... a wonderful gender

If only they see it is all about taking personal responsibility.

Sorry, who are the 'they' and 'we'?
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by bukatyne(f): 5:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Lolz, i dont support adultery that's why polygamy is created for men cos men are polygamist in nature... take lions as an example in their pride land or do you see lioness chasing lions to pop their hole??

Is that what your Quran teaches you?

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:35pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: if you are ok with insering your penis into vaginas that are not legally married to you,why are you now uncomfotable and uneasy with other men inserting their joysticks into your wives vagina.

I am waiting for an answer o :p 8-)
Sorry mam i dont fornicate, sleep around with women...ayam a virgin wink so why should 3 dikk be screwing my wife in the name of polyadry ayama!! *vomits*
Gush!! i cant even imagine that shiit, its a against nature angry
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 5:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
alutacontinua:

Where is Pataki? wink
@op, you don't find it disgusting for one rod to be screwing 5 holes but you find it disgusting when 5 rods screw one hole. Remove your sentiments and think CLEARLY about it, what sense does that make?
Lolz... If one rod is digging like 4 holes the each hole wont lose the tight V but imagine 4 rod digging one hole everyday(you know men nau) and see how the hole will be infact those rod wont enjoy that single hole anymore after the shaggin cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: i have no plans for marriage,but even if anything posseses me and i say i want to get married,i will go into an open marriage where the man can sleep with an many women as he wants to sleep with whether married or unmarried and i can sleep with as many men as i want.its a win win situation,nobody is the winner and nobody is the looser.a contract marriage,more like we are only mr and mrs by name,thats all.no one is heart broken,no one feels cheated.kojubelo
Thats your choice i dont have problem with that

Aye temi ko, rara cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy: What an interesting thread! How could I have missed this?

@OP, what's wrong with having polyandry legalized? Whether you like it or not, many forms of relationships exist in the open these days, so it's just a matter of time before the government takes things one step further and legalizes them. Right now, marriage is not the exclusive perverse of the monogamous but extends now to same sex couples. In countries like Nepal, Polyandry is common and is a part of their culture.

Just because you've been brought up in an environment that favours the man wholly, doesn't make your view right or better than those that see things differently. Now, I'm gonna quote one of your posts and explain why I disagree with you...

That's looking at it from one perspecive - the man's. What about from the woman's point of view? If you think that's nasty, so also is the knowledge that a dccckkk that should be exclusively yours has been on a 'shooting' spree, servicing many holes (your words, not mine).

Anyway, let's look at things from a more practical view point, i.e polyandry. I think there are many benefits to it, for those that practise it namely:

~ Enhances greater economic power within the home(i.e: multiple breadwinners, single mortgage)

~ The death of a parent is less likely to result in poverty or destitution for the remaining family members

~ Common household tasks spread among more people

~ More personal time available to all members, without depriving children of attention

~ Potentially more enjoyable sex life without the risk of venereal disease

~ Less likelihood of being left for another man because if I fancy a 6th he will just join the gang (joke!) grin grin grin

Ok thanks for the contribution, i know polyadry is part of some peeps culture i dont problem with that but it doesnt speak well of human nature

And if you like make 10 rod screw ya hole, shey na my hole ni abi i get hole lolz the hole i get is located between my yansh and am not a gay tongue cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Non of them are right.
If they are all been molested or suffered from their men, why coming out and generalizing all men as rapist, animals? Didnt they have father and brothers....feminism is a hate group to men, they use some few animalistic-men to judge the whole men SMH...

I dont hate women i have a mother and sisters but i hate feminist thinking, that group promotes hate on men nothing more

Lolz. . .are only women the victim, what about men that have suffered from women violence act, so because men are strong type and women are the jelly makes you and co feminist think many men doesnt face abuse, assault from women?

I have read in many news and magazines infact heard how some women destroy innocent men. . .so dont make it look like it is only women that are being assaulted or abused

Yeah thank God you didnt study law because the hatred you have for men is over rated that i wonder if you have brothers at home cheesy

oh yes beautiful they are i dont have problem with them, i dont hate,loathe women but the hate spirit(feminism) they organized to promot hate is what i dont like sorry to say ya'll feminist are just a weapon to destroy men no wonder mumy blue ivy(beyouce) was shouting 'who run the world girls' cheesy cheesy wannabe pump azz cheesy
ill be right back to give you your reply one by one.let me go and fry turkey and make soup.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

What makes them filty, Zoe?

If your basing this on religious grounds, then you're gonna be on to a long thing here because not everyone here is religious and shares your religious views. Besides, if you're going down the religious routes, Muslims are allowed to marry 4 wives and have as many concubines as they can cater for. (Muslims in the house, correct me if I'm wrong here o!, I'm no expert...)

So, are you gonna tell muslims that their religion which condones 1 man up to 4 wives, is a filthy practice? And if you're Christian, has Christianity not got it's roots in Juddaism / Jewish roots? Did they not advocate one man many wives? Did Abraham and Job not have many wives?

Same thing goes for those whose culture allows Polyandry. You've gotta be broad minded and have a wider outlook on things, rather than peeping out from the closet...
I'm a muslim, Muslim men are not allow to have concubines nor deal with concubines or have any thinking of having concubines it's against the teachings of the Quran

Muslim men are only permited to legally, officialy marry to 1 to 4 wives anything after 4 is against the rule guiding polygamy and if a man cant keep ''just or equal'' between them, he should stick to one wife and not even think of marrying another wife.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

If your basing this on religious grounds, then you're gonna be on to a long thing here because not everyone here is religious and shares your religious views. Besides, if you're going down the religious routes, Muslims are allowed to marry 4 wives and have as many concubines as they can cater for. (Muslims in the house, correct me if I'm wrong here o!, I'm no expert...)

So, are you gonna tell muslims that their religion which condones 1 man up to 4 wives, is a filthy practice? And if you're Christian, has Christianity not got it's roots in Juddaism / Jewish roots? Did they not advocate one man many wives? Did Abraham and Job not have many wives?

Same thing goes for those whose culture allows Polyandry. You've gotta be broad minded and have a wider outlook on things, rather than peeping out from the closet...
I'm a muslim, Muslim men are not allow to have concubines nor deal with concubines or have any thinking of having concubines it's against the teachings of the Quran

Muslim men are only permited to legally, officialy marry to 1 to 4 wives anything after 4 is against the rule guiding polygamy and if a man cant keep ''just or equal'' between them, he should stick to one wife and not even think of marrying another wife.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 6:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Ok thanks for the contribution, i know polyadry is part of some peeps culture i dont problem with that but it doesnt speak well of human nature

How does it not speak well of human nature? What yardstick are you using to base your judgements? The Nigerian culture??

tintingz: And if you like make 10 rod screw ya hole, shey na my hole ni abi i get hole lolz the hole i get is located between my yansh and am not a gay tongue cheesy

Same analogy: 1 man many partners vs 1 woman many partners. If you're a staunch advocate of monogamy, then both practices can be quite distasteful.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 6:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: I'm a muslim, Muslim men are not allow to have concubines nor deal with concubines or have any thinking of having concubines it's against the teachings of the Quran

Really? So where do harems come into place??

How come Sheiks, Sultans and Emirs have got concubines? Are you gonna tell me that they aren't real muslims?

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by tintingz(m): 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2013
bukatyne:

Is that what your Quran teaches you?
Why those the Quran permit polygamy for men?? GOD understand the nature of man

Biologicaly men are polygamist in system - proven by scientists... Google it
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Lolz, i dont support adultery that's why polygamy is created for men cos men are polygamist in nature...take lions as an example in their pride land or do you see lioness chasing lions to pop their hole??

i laugh at your hypocrisy,if you want to hide under the under the umbrella of morality what is the difference between adultery and polygamy.they are under the same thing.meanwhile i am talking about human beings and what happens in societies among humans,you are talking about animals in the bush.are you an animal? Are you a lion?why are you equating yourself to lions.

Secondly youre saying men are naturally polygamous.if men are polygamous because i can see you are stylishly encouraging polygamy,you should not have a problem with bigamy.if you cannot satisfy your warped sexual urge with just one woman,then if you see a woman with 5 husbands having sex with all of them,you shouldnt judge or find it strange because you are doing the same and whether you like it or not ,time has proven it time and time again that what a man can do,a woman can do better.hate it all you can,but its true

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Princesszoe: 6:42pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Efemena the earlier you surrender your life to christ the better for you. Do i need to drag the truth concerning this issue with you? Oh no, i don't think so "for we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth". However, where did you get the bible that recorded that job was a polygamist? For your information, his first wife left him during his days of agony and when God blessed him again, he remarried because his first wife left him and was no were to be found, is that your own definition of polygamy? Abraham was never the one who brought hagga up as his second wife. His wife sarah, wholeheartedly gave him the second wife, and what happened? Ishamel was never recognised by God the way isaac was, abraham later ended up in sending hagga and his son away. Like i said "for we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth" but the choice is yours.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 6:55pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Why those the Quran permit polygamy for men?? GOD understand the nature of man

Biologicaly men are polygamist in system - proven by scientists... Google it
that is a lie fabricated by men who lack self control.if all men are polygamous in nature,why are the likes of bill gates,obama,the founder of apple,i cant remember his name and the facebook guy,mark something.why are they not married to 4 wives.it is when you want to perform an action that is contrary to common sense and rationality you hide under the guise of religion (islam)
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 7:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Princess zoe: Efemena the earlier you surrender your life to christ the better for you. Do i need to drag the truth concerning this issue with you? Oh no, i don't think so "for we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth". However, where did you get the bible that recorded that job was a polygamist? For your information, his first wife left him during his days of agony and when God blessed him again, he remarried because his first wife left him and was no were to be found, is that your own definition of polygamy? Abraham was never the one who brought hagga up as his second wife. His wife sarah, wholeheartedly gave him the second wife, and what happened? Ishamel was never recognised by God the way isaac was, abraham later ended up in sending hagga and his son away. Like i said "for we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth" but the choice is yours.

Zoe.

I don't need you preaching at me. Save it.

What you need to do is proffer real solutions to help this woman here. As per those examples you've listed, those men whether you like it or not lived, slept, ate and had kids with those women. Despite their 'extenuating' circumstances, they lived as husband and wives. There are countless examples in that bible of yours (old testament of men taking more than one wife.)

So again, what should @OP do? She needs a practical solution, not some ideological preaching about what the 'truth' is or isn't.

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: that is a lie fabricated by men who lack self control.if all men are polygamous in nature,why are the likes of bill gates,obama,the founder of apple,i cant remember his name and the facebook guy,mark something.why are they not married to 4 wives.it is when you want to perform an action that is contrary to common sense and rationality you hide under the guise of religion (islam)

Have you ever wondered why the books of the major religions in this world were all written by men??

It's been a man's world for over 2000 years, and now modernization's changing it, why won't they get all hot under the collar?? cheesy cheesy
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 04, 2013
tintingz: Ok thanks for the contribution, i know polyadry is part of some peeps culture i dont problem with that but it doesnt speak well of human nature

And if you like make 10 rod screw ya hole, shey na my hole ni abi i get hole lolz the hole i get is located between my yansh and am not a gay tongue cheesy
but it speaks well of human nature to encourage polygamy.face it you are just encouraging double standards and the world has moved past it.civilization and the new world order has created more opportunities for men and women.take it or live it.if you choose to remain in stone age,that is your cup of tea but there are more kinds of marriages available to people now and please dont give me that african culture crap,the culture has only succeeded in killing your thinking faculties.you use religion when it suits you and you use morality when it suits you.heterosexual marriages and polygamous marriages.there are more depending on whichever that rocks your boat

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Have you ever wondered why the books of the major religions in this world were all written by men??

It's been a man's world for over 2000 years, and now modernization's changing it, why won't they get all hot under the collar?? cheesy cheesy
the pubic hair in the joysticks of those chauvenist must be standing up in anger now grin pathetic a,,ss,e, s grin
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 7:19pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: the pubic hair in the joysticks of those chauvenist must be standing up in anger now grin pathetic a,,ss,e, s grin

grin grin grin

Then let's make those hairs stand up even further!!

@Tintingz: You do know that homosexual marriages are gradually being accepted? Even in the church - yes? I'm referring to the gay Anglican Bishop and many other gay people that have taken up leadership seats in the church. So what are your views about them?

Additionally, do you know that it's just a matter of time before gay polygamous marriages would be the norm? (hopefully, you'll get their wedding invite...) So, get prepared for situations where 1 man is married to 4 or 5 other men, likewise, 1 woman married to 4 or 5 other women.

Now that's what I call equality and fairness! What d'you think?? Are you gonna discriminate against them too? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Princess zoe: Efemena the earlier you surrender your life to christ the better for you. Do i need to drag the truth concerning this issue with you? Oh no, i don't think so "for we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth". However, where did you get the bible that recorded that job was a polygamist? For your information, his first wife left him during his days of agony and when God blessed him again, he remarried because his first wife left him and was no were to be found, is that your own definition of polygamy? Abraham was never the one who brought hagga up as his second wife. His wife sarah, wholeheartedly gave him the second wife, and what happened? Ishamel was never recognised by God the way isaac was, abraham later ended up in sending hagga and his son away. Like i said "for we can do nothing against the truth, but for the truth" but the choice is yours.

Ok if Abraham no suit you.. let me give you a list... take your pick

David, Solomon, Judah,Lamech, Rehobaom, etc
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
kulyie: that is a lie fabricated by men who lack self control.if all men are polygamous in nature,why are the likes of bill gates,obama,the founder of apple,i cant remember his name and the facebook guy,mark something.why are they not married to 4 wives.it is when you want to perform an action that is contrary to common sense and rationality you hide under the guise of religion (islam)

founder of facebook - Mark Zuckerberg

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 7:36pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee:

Ok if Abraham no suit you.. let me give you a list... take your pick

David, Solomon, Judah,Lamech, Rehobaom, etc

Ah! How could I forget David and Solomon? Especially that randy Solomon of a guy?? embarassed lipsrsealed

My Sunday school teachers would be sorely disappointed in me! cool
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 8:01pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

They can have as many as four wives but cannot have concubines.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 8:04pm On Jul 04, 2013
deols:

They can have as many as four wives but cannot have concubines.

Okay.

So why do they have concubines then? Or harems? I mean, maybe I'm getting this all wrong but what really does happen in those harems? Knitting lessons?? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 8:17pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Okay.

So why do they have concubines then? Or harems? I mean, maybe I'm getting this all wrong but what really does happen in those harems? Knitting lessons?? lipsrsealed

Well, I wouldn't know what happens there But I know that no emir, king or noble is a model for Muslims/Islamic practices.

Each to his own on the day of judgement.
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by deols(f): 8:23pm On Jul 04, 2013
@tintingz, do you really need all of these arguments.

Chauvinism doesnt suit you jor.

Like the op, I believe polygyny isnt only wanted by men. There are women who thrive in such unions. Allowing them that is good enough.

I must say that I agree with many of feminist views. There are other terms to describe women who don't want to keep to the real, men-hating feminism.They could be womanist undecided or members of women organisations.

I am a humanist btw.

1 Like

Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by biolabee(m): 8:25pm On Jul 04, 2013
700 wives and 300 concubines

Damn...

Solo.. How can you please them
Well you are the wisest man that ever lived

Efemena_xy:

Ah! How could I forget David and Solomon? Especially that randy Solomon of a guy?? embarassed lipsrsealed

My Sunday school teachers would be sorely disappointed in me! cool
Re: Legalize Polygamy! By Jillian Keenan A Feminist by EfemenaXY: 8:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: 700 wives and 300 concubines

Damn...

Solo.. How can you please them
Well you are the wisest man that ever lived

grin grin grin

deols:

Well, I wouldn't know what happens there But I know that no emir, king or noble is a model for Muslims/Islamic practices.

Each to his own on the day of judgement.

Oh please Deols!!

Don't go all modest on me! Of course you know exactly what goes on in there!

Now if you're saying that they aren't good role models, then who is? Surely the people need someone on earth to emulate? Just as Christians look up to their pastors, rev. fathers, priests and even the pope?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gender And Chores- Issues In Relationships And Marriages / My Husband Is Acting Funny / What Do We Really Need Polygamy For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.