Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:09 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682809 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by akelvin(f): 11:37pm On Jun 21, 2015
@phema,tvegas,Nita2013,;una don reach here again.....lol.hw r the babies doing?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Olaone1: 11:40pm On Jun 21, 2015
[quote author=eiete post=35010428][/quote] undecided undecided
Read your post again
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by AreaFada2: 11:44pm On Jun 21, 2015
Olaone1:
Canada? cheesy

Some peeps close to me want me to come over but Ola is not interested grin

I am chillin' real good here tongue

Lol.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Caleycash(m): 11:47pm On Jun 21, 2015

I have never liked America though for two reasons. One: they call themselves world power yet the country suffers from a high rate of unemployment. Two: the gun issue
three: they er too proud
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by LAX89(m): 11:50pm On Jun 21, 2015
[b]@eiete
[/b]
You still don't get it, and I cant help you any further. You've NO idea what you're talking about, and you seem to lack the capacity to comprehend it. Your sole aim here is not to comprehend facts, but to prove that you're right and I'm wrong, you CANNOT achieve that because you don't have the facts. Remain blessed.

Again, you fail to understand what you read and pasted. Children born to diplomats are treated differently because of their parents being a 'Diplomat' and having 'Diplomatic Immunity'. A diplomat can commit a crime in a host country and not be prosecuted, wherever 'Diplomats' are (their cars, house etc.) are considered an extension of their home country. For this reason, their children born in a host country; Canada, USA, UK etc., are treated as if they were born in the 'Diplomat's (their parent'S) home country, and as such are not automatic citizens of their host country - Canada, USA, UK etc.

STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by udy4real(m): 12:02am On Jun 22, 2015
LAX89:
[b]@eiete
[/b]
You still don't get it, and I cant help you any further. You've NO idea what you're talking about, and you seem to lack the capacity to comprehend it. Your sole aim here is not to comprehend facts, but to prove that you're right and I'm wrong, you CANNOT achieve that because you don't have the facts. Remain blessed.

Again, you fail to understand what you read and pasted. Children born to diplomats are treated differently because of their parents being a 'Diplomat' and having 'Diplomatic Immunity'. A diplomat can commit a crime in a host country and not be prosecuted, wherever 'Diplomats' are (their cars, house etc.) are considered an extension of their home country. For this reason, their children born in a host country; Canada, USA, UK etc., are treated as if they were born in the 'Diplomat's (their parent'S) home country, and as such are not automatic citizens of their host country - Canada, USA, UK etc.

STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW!

This is getting more interesting
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scentmarlc(m): 12:06am On Jun 22, 2015
Rexwoods:
Good morning all,
Pls I need advice on giving birth in canada. What is the cost, suggested hospitals and how long it takes to get the child's birth certificate and passport after delivery. Which is better / cheaper Canada or Usa.

Am on top of yur case
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scentmarlc(m): 12:07am On Jun 22, 2015
I would definitely go with U.S.A for obvious reasons.....it should cost your more than 3,000 or so to have a baby in

Texas....people from U.K and Canada even fly to U.S to give birth just for the citizenship....

I agree with you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by LAX89(m): 12:07am On Jun 22, 2015
dy27:
Any one with useful information on how to move to Canada to stay..?

It depends on your background, but you can apply through the 'Skilled Worker' program. Many Nigerians applied and got through from that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by scentmarlc(m): 12:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Hotstepper:
Jenny, u know a lot of countries don't like America nd most times Americans traveling put Canadian stickers on their bag..This was showed on TV. What am trying to say is that their are countries ppl with American passports might not wanna go in feat of being attacked

You are right there
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:16am On Jun 22, 2015
Please again, this is not for kids born in Canadian soil. This is for people that where sponsored to come that is naturalized

[quote author=eiete post=35010428][/quote]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lovechyld101(m): 12:17am On Jun 22, 2015
Passport is passport blue, red or green can't this baby simply be born in general hospital. jorlad, or lagoon dangote was born in kano ,buhari in the creeks of dauru jonathan otuoke bayelsa what so special about d baby that u have to take delivery of him aboard it ppl like u that aren't proud of ur country

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Vicjustice: 12:32am On Jun 22, 2015
LAX89:

Are you a visa agent?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by jahjehova(m): 12:33am On Jun 22, 2015
[quote author=eiete post=35010428][/quote]

Perhaps this picture will clear your doubt.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by LAX89(m): 12:35am On Jun 22, 2015
tobsin:
Hey house,

As regards giving birth in Canada, it is true that any child born on Canadian soil gets automatic citizenship. However, I beg to disagree with Justwise that the child gets automatic health card too. Health card is given only if either parent has one.
Regarding when to 'enter', I know someone that came in less than 3 weeks before she had her baby. I'm not sure of the official date.

Thanks

[b]Every Canadian citizen child born in Canada is entitled to 'Health Card' regardless of if their parent/s has one. Even refugee 'applicants' are entitled to IFH (Interim Federal Health plan).[/b]
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by cyborg1(m): 1:07am On Jun 22, 2015
honey86:
Canada doesnt give automatic citizenship, your best bet is the usa.
US citizenship is more of a thing of pride these days, which has a lifetime big prize to pay for it, especially if you choose to resettle back to your home country.
Just see for yourself http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/15/pf/accidental-american-expat-tax/
I was surprised when Obama was saying that his father is no where to be found, that he is probably hiding away from his accumulated tax.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by cyborg1(m): 1:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by demandtruth: 1:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Majority of the advise given here are not correct.

The CIC- Citizenship & Immigration Canada - has changed so many things.
Path to citizenship that used to be 2years (after 1year as PRC holder) and
3years (if you are a Landed Immigrant), is now 4 - 5years.

-You can no longer get automatic citizenship unless: (a) either of the parent
is a citizen or PRC Permanent Residence Card) holder (b) the child is adopted by
a Canada Citizen.

For those seeking for cheaper medical tourism, Ontario Hospitals are expensive.
Calgary is even more - they are conservative some sort.

Best bet are: Manitoba, Nova Scotia provinces.
They are cheaper on medical tourism or education.

So, please, if you don't reside in Canada don't supply information you know nothing
about. It's misleading

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by cyborg1(m): 1:18am On Jun 22, 2015
honey86:
Canada doesnt give automatic citizenship, your best bet is the usa.
US citizenship is more of a thing of pride these days, which has a lifetime big prize to pay for it, especially if you choose to resettle back to your home country.
Just see for yourself http://money.cnn.com/2014/12/15/pf/accidental-american-expat-tax/
I was surprised when Obama was saying that his father is no where to be found, that he is probably hiding away from his accumulated tax.

Many are dropping their US citizenship for this. http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/12/pf/americans-expat-citizenship-passports/
Living in US is not a guarantee of good life.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by demandtruth: 1:36am On Jun 22, 2015
LAX89:
[b]@eiete
[/b]

STICK TO WHAT YOU KNOW!

You are 100% right.

There's even a case that's on going about one guy that both parent
were diplomat from India and they gave birth to him in Canada so
20+ years.

The assumptions was that he was a Canadian, until he was about to be
deported to India because he could not be granted citizenship rights.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 3:09am On Jun 22, 2015
When did this come come into effect because people are still getting automatic citizenship as of last month

demandtruth:
Majority of the advise given here are not correct.

The CIC- Citizenship & Immigration Canada - has changed so many things.
Path to citizenship that used to be 2years (after 1year as PRC holder) and
3years (if you are a Landed Immigrant), is now 4 - 5years.

-You can no longer get automatic citizenship unless: (a) either of the parent
is a citizen or PRC Permanent Residence Card) holder (b) the child is adopted by
a Canada Citizen.

For those seeking for cheaper medical tourism, Ontario Hospitals are expensive.
Calgary is even more - they are conservative some sort.

Best bet are: Manitoba, Nova Scotia provinces.
They are cheaper on medical tourism or education.

So, please, if you don't reside in Canada don't supply information you know nothing
about. It's misleading

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 4:41am On Jun 22, 2015
You can still get citizenship by birth in both countries. However, Canada is considering changing the law because of Chinese mostly, Even if they do debate it in congress, It would take years before it becomes law.

We had our first in Toronto and the second in Texas. Go with Canada.

If your child is born premature and requires intensive care in america, you will go bankrupt. Canada however automatically covers its citizens... So you only pay for your wife.

Also, Canada is more civilised. people are super nice and when the child grows, they will not be required to pay taxes unless they reside in Canada. whereas, the Yanks will still take their tax even if you live in the moon.

Now to the meat:

The way it works in North america, is you find a doctor first or a hospital can recommend affiliated doctors but you need to have a doctor before hospitals will sign u up. doctors usually prefer to see patients and know their history early before the 32nd week of pregnancy ~ so go early to avoid rejections.

average cost of doctor
Toronto $2000
Texas $3000

average cost of hospital
Toronto $4000 natural birth
Texas $5000 natural birth, $7000 C section

If C section budget another $1500 for anaesthesiologist

If complication and baby is removed as a premature budget $2000 a day for intensive care in US and free in Canada. Baby can be there for months... luckily, ours stayed only 6 days in Texas... was not funny on the wallet.

The hospital will try to push Medicaid on you...if you touch american insurance, hospital is happy...they bill insurance company more but you will never get a US visa again. You are not qualified for this as a non resident...beware.

cost of living is similar

rent $1600 per month unfurnished for short lease 2 bedroom

2500 a month furnished

however, toronto has public transport so you can take the bus or subway to most places. america you drive or taxi...thats a fortune right there.

We've done both... If you have the choice, go with Canada. We regretted not returning to Canada for our second.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by dwayni: 5:01am On Jun 22, 2015
Hotstepper:
Honey86, who told u Canada doesn't give automatic citizenship? Nd who told you Mr man that people from Canada goes to US to give birth? Datz pure lie, rather its US people that goes to CANADA cuz Canadian passport is danger free. @OP, giving birth in Canada is not dat expensive, budget 10k dollars or less. Passport takes nothing less than 14 workings days, so they say but u get it faster and birth certificates takes 3 weeks. From da hospital, the baby will be given temporary health card nd the permanent one will be sent to the Addy u will provide nd social insurance no as well.

What are you talking about? $10,000 Canadian
Dollars for child birth? What are you giving birth to? dinosaur? It doesn't even cost that much in a private hospital here in america unless for C-section

What do you mean Canadian passport is danger free? My dad's PA is here from Nigeria to gift for the 2 time and her kids passport process are way faster than the time frame you of what you said about Canadian's.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IyawoToBe(f): 5:17am On Jun 22, 2015
Frontpage? shocked sad sad Not again lipsrsealed
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 5:51am On Jun 22, 2015
Oga, all hospitals are not the same. I've been quoted $18,000 for natural child birth in Los Angeles, $11,000 at the houston methodist and we ended up paying $7000 for C section at the medical centre in Mckinney, TX.

Some people have paid less others more...You have to contact hospitals and compare prices until you find what works for you.

Your dad's P.A might be lucky to find a cheap hospital but thats not a norm.

$10,000 is actually a fair price if you add hospital and doctor bills. We spent more than that in Mckinney and on top we had added bills since my daughter was born pre term at 36 weeks...another $12,000 for a 6 day stay in intensive care.

As they say, one size doesnt fit all...and it will cost more than 10k to birth a dinosaur.

3 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ehins08: 6:04am On Jun 22, 2015
Please post it here so that we can benefit
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:06am On Jun 22, 2015
As for speed of getting the passport...the US may be slightly faster if you are in a big city and can pay extra for same day service.

If you are in a small town and apply at the postal service, it could take 6 weeks.

In Canada, you visit the passport office and its mailed back to your address....again within 20 days.

Canada will issue a 3 years passport for child and you will have to renew at the consulate overseas to get a 5 years passport after it expires . that takes a minimum of 20 working days from the canadian consulate in Shanghai (Lagos is usually very slower in processing anything, so plan 2 months ahead)

Basically. Canada sends your passport application back to passport canada for processing...

The US normally issues passports at its embassies.

However the important issue is obtaining your childs birth certificate. In canada, the hospital will give you a slip with some information and you go online to apply...It will be mailed to your address within 15 days.

In the U S, hospitals will also give you a temporary notification of birth then submit the birth records to the county court. You can pick up the original there after 2 weeks. So birth certificates are processed pretty much within the same timeline.

i hope this helps clarify.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 22, 2015
akelvin:
@phema,tvegas,Nita2013,;una don reach here again.....lol.hw r the babies doing?

I full here remain sef grin. My boy is doing well.

Wetin you dey do for here? I dey suspect you ooo. How are your cuties?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 22, 2015
Who are these ignoramus talking about Canada not giving automatic citizenship? It doesn't hurt to ask if you are not sure please.

That was how one almost swore that US does not give automatic citizenship till I had to send him a picture of my son's US passport.

LAX89; why didn't your friend get Naija passoport for her child instead of the travel certificate since you had to go to Ottawa? I understand that is where they have Naija embassy.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 22, 2015
anonymousmum:
Tvegas, Nita, Phema, una dey here? No be small matter grin

I hail o! *space booked*

I dey plan return match na. tongue
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:49am On Jun 22, 2015
Oh, this hit front page? shocked No wonder 'em posts. And what is with the 'citizenship stuff' clause? undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.