Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684249 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Stmema: 6:33pm On Aug 01, 2018
[quote author=Stmema post=69898886][/quote]pls can I have the email address you sent it to so I can send as well? Tnx
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 8:39pm On Aug 01, 2018
Stmema:
pls can I have the email address you sent it to so I can send as well? Tnx
I applied in Uk, this is the mail LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

But,you can check their site too.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
aquaboss11:
Would you be required to pay extra for extra night in the hospital if it becomes CS?

Yes, those amount quoted for mother and baby are for one day. The extra doctor’s fee if it turns out c:s is the 200$. Making it 1500$. Let just say for normal delivery is 1300$
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by omopeace4luv: 9:19pm On Aug 01, 2018
JESUnifemi4eva:
Hi OmoPeace,

I got a family friend (Nigerian) to guarantee.

great, can we talk pls? My email is omopeace4luv@yahoo.com
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by omopeace4luv: 9:20pm On Aug 01, 2018
Hotstepper:

A lawyer can do it

many tnks dear @hotstepper for the clue
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by OmoBendel24: 9:37pm On Aug 01, 2018
Stmema:
pls can I have the email address you sent it to so I can send as well? Tnx

Hopefully you guys don't make this letter almost worthless just as is with the Americans now. Nobody is asking for this yet, and methinks we are unnecessarily being forward with this CHANGE OF INTENT LETTER thing with the Canadians. I personally see this letter as an easy way to even get on the nerves of the authorities after "forgetting" to declare birth intent during one's TRV application process. Why not just go with your "burden of proof" to the POE (mostly financial solvency proofs)? Show up with enough cash (and plans justifying your birthing in Canada and exiting within the allowed time) at the POE, you should be fine....

7 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 6:23pm On Aug 02, 2018
Hi OmoPeace4luv, would love to contact you via email but can't seem to remember the password for my Nairaland mail�. Kindly ask your question here please.
omopeace4luv:
great, can we talk pls? My email is omopeace4luv@yahoo.com
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hajidel: 3:03pm On Aug 06, 2018
If I can remember precisely, its the maison de naissance the ottawa. So I don't know which one of those is that.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 5:13pm On Aug 07, 2018
Hello everyone!
Please,does anyone know the fee of paediatric and anaesthesia at Humber River Hospital? I was told that the amount I paid was just for the hospital. That I have to pay for paediatric when the baby is born or when it turn out to be c:s, I need anaesthesia. I called the hospital, they weren’t able to tell me the exact amount. Please who have used Humber River Hospital before, please help a sister.Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ashake001: 5:16pm On Aug 08, 2018
I heard its around $200 or $300, am not sure though. Seems i saw you that day at Dr Ted, when is your next appointment so we can hook up.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Demi007: 9:05am On Aug 09, 2018
Hello everyone. Good morning.

We’ve been awfully quiet here. Anyone trying to apply for visa to go and have tbeir baby in Canada? Anyone currently on their way? Anyone who just got there? Anyone battling doctors etc? Anyone who just had their baby?

Im just trying to follow up.

Ps: sent in my application this week (didn’t give a reason for choosing Canada as a birth place for my baby in my LOE) but I’m looking to God and hoping for the best. Whatever the outcome may be. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by nakeina025: 3:19am On Aug 10, 2018
hi, i,m filling my form now, i didn't see anyplace saying if you are going for childbirth

Demi007:

We’ve been awfully quiet here. Anyone trying to apply for visa to go and have tbeir baby in Canada? Anyone currently on their way? Anyone who just got there? Anyone battling doctors etc? Anyone who just had their baby?

Ps: sent in my application this week (didn’t give a reason for choosing Canada as a birth place for my baby in my LOE) but I’m looking to God and hoping for the best. Whatever the outcome may be. Have a wonderful day.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Demi007: 4:35pm On Aug 10, 2018
Hello, good afternoon. In the reasons for traveling etc. it has visiting etc, etc. so i picked that.

Then, there was another place where i indicated/typed birth. You’ll get to it when filling the form.

Lastly, i also included it in a letter that i wrote. Stating childbirth and giving them reasons that I’ll be foming back home. (Job & Family/Husband).

Hope that helps

nakeina025:
hi, i,m filling my form now, i didn't see anyplace saying if you are going for childbirth

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by passionup: 8:04am On Aug 12, 2018
In giving back to this platform that i have gained so much from.My wife arrived calgary 2 days ago. We had written the embassy indicating that she will be having a child there because when we got the visa last year when she wasn't pregnant. We got a generic reply. At calgary airport, she informed the CBP that she was there to give birth and she was sent to secondary inspection where her monies were counted and food items she carried were searched. After about 30 mins. She was allowed to go. Questions centered on where she would stay?
How does she know the person and for how long?
Who is picking her up at the airport?
How much she is carrying?
why she is carrying so much money as she carried above 10kUSD?
She said the people in agriculture persistently checked all the bags containing food stuffs.
She hasn't seen a doctor yet and when that happens,I would update.
In all, we thank God for wisdom and guidance.

8 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lisaosato: 2:47am On Aug 13, 2018
Demi007:

Hello Everyone,

I'm due in October and I sent my visa application short while ago (hoping for the best) I stated visiting as my reason and made no mention of giving birth there, I intend to face that hurdle at POE. Someone suggested Kitchener Ottawa but I'm not sure. Looking to get the cheapest option because there is a 90% chance I may have to deliver via CS. Interesting thread, I just had to follow.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lisaosato: 2:49am On Aug 13, 2018
Demi007:

Hello Everyone,

I'm due in October and I sent my visa application short while ago (hoping for the best) I stated visiting as my reason and made no mention of giving birth there, I intend to face that hurdle at POE. Someone suggested Kitchener Ottawa but I'm not sure. Looking to get the cheapest option because there is a 90% chance I may have to deliver via CS. Interesting thread, I just had to follow.

I just checked again, he said Kitchener Ontario not Ottawa.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 4:07pm On Aug 13, 2018
Has any permanent resident mama residing in Naija had a baby in CA recently. I need some guidance on how to go about it. I didn't apply for a health card before I left CA.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 4:13pm On Aug 13, 2018
Koolmum. Did you already have a health card with the province. I have PR but didn't apply for a health card.

Koolmum:

Hi MizGene ,

Getting d details as per d cost might be abit difficult for me as It was free for me becos I have a PR card .

I am presently in Brampton so don't reli know much about t.

Reli sorry am unable to help.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 1:11am On Aug 14, 2018
have u found a place in oshawa?

Crystalwunmi:

Hello there,
Please i have been trying to email you. I need some details about hospitals who take cash in either oshawa or Ontario... Im due in September. I wll appreciate it if you can respond soon.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 1:39am On Aug 14, 2018
Please I need help to fill the birth registration and certificate. Question: how many parents will be listed on birth registration and how many will be certifying the birth registration?
I’ll been doing certifying too. My husband is not here, so how can I fill that part.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Ashake001: 1:57am On Aug 14, 2018
Have you given birth? If yes congratulations. How was Dr Ted services? How much did you pay peditrician?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 4:35am On Aug 14, 2018
Ashake001:
Have you given birth? If yes congratulations. How was Dr Ted services? How much did you pay peditrician?
Yes, I have giving birth. Thanks!
Dr Ted wasn’t on call, I was lucky to meet Dr Nicolette Caccia, she was so nice.I actually wanted to use her at first but she was full and not ready to take any one with more than 32weeks.
I was also lucky too with the pediatrician, no problem with the baby, I ended up paying 100$.
I’m here now, trying to fill the birth certificate form.

2 Likes

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 4:38am On Aug 14, 2018
Please as anyone done certified copy of birth Registration before, did you apply together with the birth certificate and how long it took you got it?

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 6:19am On Aug 15, 2018
Lisaosato:

Hello Everyone,

I just checked again, he said Kitchener Ontario not Ottawa.
Did you do paper route? Cos that seems to be really fast now.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Koolmum: 9:16pm On Aug 15, 2018
Yea I did apply for a healthcard.I applied when I got into Canada immediately after getting my SIN .

You need to apply for a health card when u return back to Canada cos its alwys useful and don't know if u can receive any treatment without t.

rainazoe:
Koolmum. Did you already have a health card with the province. I have PR but didn't apply for a health card.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lisaosato: 7:37am On Aug 16, 2018
ozycy:

Did you do paper route? Cos that seems to be really fast now.

No, I used the online option...

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Demi007: 11:51am On Aug 16, 2018
I used online as well...

Lisaosato:

No, I used the online option...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by manlikegb: 4:00am On Aug 17, 2018
Ladies and Gentlemen, big kudos to everyone who has shared informative details on here at one point or the other. Myself and spouse just returned from Canada about a week ago and I thought to share our birthing journey and experience to keep the info on here flowing. Sorry it may be a bit long.

ABOUT VISA APPLICATION: We submitted our TRV application(Renewing) before we found out that we don port so birthing was not mentioned in our application.

POINT OF ENTRY: Our point of entry experience was smooth. The automated machine didn’t work for either of our passports, so we just proceeded to the counter to inform the CBP officer and he said thats no problem. So he asked us random questions, I guess those were the questions we were supposed to answer on the machine initially.
Why are you in Canada today? Vacation and Childbirth
Have you contacted a Dr? Yes, we have an appointment scheduled.
How long will you be staying? 2months plus
Do you have any meat products? No
So he gave us this yellow card with a mark on it, and on our way out, we were directly to a room where they have another set of counters and a queue. I guess that's because of the mark on our card. Anyways, we got on the queue and waited till it was our turn. The officer we met with asked about the same questions and also asked how much we have on us. I told her and I asked she'd want to see, but she said no need. Took fingerprints and we were stamped in. Our bag of food was not even checked. I guess there were no concerns from their scans.

IN CANADA: We initially had an appointment with Dr Ayodele but for some reason, that didn’t work out as Brampton Civic stopped carrying out CS. He wanted to refer us to another Nigerian Dr in North York, but somehow we couldn’t reach an understanding and I don’t want to bore you all with that story.

Then it became very challenging to get another Dr, we made calls over calls and most would reject non OHIP or reject a 33wks gone patient or say they’re not taking new patients at the moment. Their system in Canada is somehow and most of these Doctor’s secretary are saucy.

Anyways, thanks to who else but @Hotstepper. God bless her for us. I explained our situation to her and she suggested if we don’t mind coming to Richmond Hill(which is about 45-55min drive to Brampton where we’re staying) that she could refer us to a Dr she had personally used in the past. She secured an appointment for us with the Dr and that was it.

Dr Name: C Ryan Ou
Address: 9651 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 1V7
Phone No: 905-918-0522
Hospital: McKenzie Health(Richmond Hill)
Tests Done at LifeLabs: HbAIC, CBC, Prenatal AB, HIV, Prenatal Rubella, + Doc fee = 63cad
Scan: 95cad. He demanded to see baby scan.
Blood works at Hospital: 154cad (a day to admission)
Dr fees for CS: 2500cad
Anesthesiology services for Labour & Delivery: 1350cad in cash (Guess epidural is here)
Hospital fees Mother/night: 2600(cheapest ward of 4 patients)
Hospital fees Baby/night: 1300
CS fee: 875cad
Lots of petty tests with petty costs done after birth, not sure if this is general or peculiar to our own situation. Advice is, always budget above the fixed fees.

Baby check up after 3days: 30cad at a walk in clinic. Another check-up after a week for another 30cad. I’d say call a few walk in clinics and ask for their price then go with the one that is ok for you.

Birth Certificate(Long&Short)- 60cad (35+25) Took about a week
Passport- 107cad (express) Submitted Thursday, picked it up on Monday.

Infant ticket: Called Airfrance office in Canada and got it sorted at 126cad.

Naija Travel for Baby: 75usd. Did Visa On Arrival. It was stressful making payment on the site so I opted for the option to pay at Nigeria Airport which attracts an extra 20usd service charge. So Total = 95usd.
This page has all you need to sort VOA - https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

My host was very helpful with antenatal and Hospital visits but we had to take uber a few times and it ranges from 150-160cad to and fro Brampton to Richmond Hill. Its true to always choose an hospital close to where you stay.

Lastly I want to say a very BIG thank you to @Hotstepper. She is as kind in person as she is on here. She even visited us and I really don’t know how to thank her enough. God bless you Sis.

I wish y’all a successful visa application and birthing experience as well.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by rainazoe: 8:21am On Aug 17, 2018
Good morning @hotstepper. Please I sent you a PM.

rainazoe:
Has any permanent resident mama residing in Naija had a baby in CA recently. I need some guidance on how to go about it. I didn't apply for a health card before I left CA.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 9:38pm On Aug 17, 2018
Congratulations manlikegb,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the thread...may GOD bless your new born.

@Hotstepper...i doubt you remember me but I haven't forgotten your assistance in 2016 when I had issues with getting my baby's birth certificate. May GOD bless you abundantly.Amen

manlikegb:
Ladies and Gentlemen

I wish y’all a successful visa application and birthing experience as well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.