Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,963 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (684208 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2018
Hi, do you mean the 4-in-one birth registration process?

FamilyforE4:
Please as anyone done certified copy of birth Registration before, did you apply together with the birth certificate and how long it took you got it?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by manlikegb: 9:58pm On Aug 17, 2018
JESUnifemi4eva:
Congratulations manlikegb,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the thread...may GOD bless your new born.

@Hotstepper...i doubt you remember me but I haven't forgotten your assistance in 2016 when I had issues with getting my baby's birth certificate. May GOD bless you abundantly.Amen

@JESUnifemi4eva Amen and thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lisaosato: 10:25pm On Aug 17, 2018
Demi007:
I used online as well...

Have you tried to track your application? I have tried to no avail, I have no idea why it won't show anything... the anxiety is making me worry.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:35am On Aug 18, 2018
Awww! Glad u guys got gome safely. u know I got baby some clothes but forgot it in my handbag as gist took over.... I will send it across to u guys in Nigeria .

manlikegb:
Ladies and Gentlemen, big kudos to everyone who has shared informative details on here at one point or the other. Myself and spouse just returned from Canada about a week ago and I thought to share our birthing journey and experience to keep the info on here flowing. Sorry it may be a bit long.

ABOUT VISA APPLICATION: We submitted our TRV application(Renewing) before we found out that we don port so birthing was not mentioned in our application.

POINT OF ENTRY: Our point of entry experience was smooth. The automated machine didn’t work for either of our passports, so we just proceeded to the counter to inform the CBP officer and he said thats no problem. So he asked us random questions, I guess those were the questions we were supposed to answer on the machine initially.
Why are you in Canada today? Vacation and Childbirth
Have you contacted a Dr? Yes, we have an appointment scheduled.
How long will you be staying? 2months plus
Do you have any meat products? No
So he gave us this yellow card with a mark on it, and on our way out, we were directly to a room where they have another set of counters and a queue. I guess that's because of the mark on our card. Anyways, we got on the queue and waited till it was our turn. The officer we met with asked about the same questions and also asked how much we have on us. I told her and I asked she'd want to see, but she said no need. Took fingerprints and we were stamped in. Our bag of food was not even checked. I guess there were no concerns from their scans.

IN CANADA: We initially had an appointment with Dr Ayodele but for some reason, that didn’t work out as Brampton Civic stopped carrying out CS. He wanted to refer us to another Nigerian Dr in North York, but somehow we couldn’t reach an understanding and I don’t want to bore you all with that story.

Then it became very challenging to get another Dr, we made calls over calls and most would reject non OHIP or reject a 33wks gone patient or say they’re not taking new patients at the moment. Their system in Canada is somehow and most of these Doctor’s secretary are saucy.

Hospital: McKenzie Health(Richmond Hill)
Tests Done at LifeLabs: HbAIC, CBC, Prenatal AB, HIV, Prenatal Rubella, + Doc fee = 63cad
Scan: 95cad. He demanded to see baby scan.
Blood works at Hospital: 154cad (a day to admission)
Dr fees for CS: 2500cad
Anesthesiology services for Labour & Delivery: 1350cad in cash (Guess epidural is here)
Hospital fees Mother/night: 2600(cheapest ward of 4 patients)
Hospital fees Baby/night: 1300
CS fee: 875cad
Lots of petty tests with petty costs done after birth, not sure if this is general or peculiar to our own situation. Advice is, always budget above the fixed fees.

Baby check up after 3days: 30cad at a walk in clinic. Another check-up after a week for another 30cad. I’d say call a few walk in clinics and ask for their price then go with the one that is ok for you.

Birth Certificate(Long&Short)- 60cad (35+25) Took about a week
Passport- 107cad (express) Submitted Thursday, picked it up on Monday.

Infant ticket: Called Airfrance office in Canada and got it sorted at 126cad.

Naija Travel for Baby: 75usd. Did Visa On Arrival. It was stressful making payment on the site so I opted for the option to pay at Nigeria Airport which attracts an extra 20usd service charge. So Total = 95usd.
This page has all you need to sort VOA - https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

My host was very helpful with antenatal and Hospital visits but we had to take uber a few times and it ranges from 150-160cad to and fro Brampton to Richmond Hill. Its true to always choose an hospital close to where you stay.

Lastly I want to say a very BIG thank you to @Hotstepper. She is as kind in person as she is on here. She even visited us and I really don’t know how to thank her enough. God bless you Sis.

I wish y’all a successful visa application and birthing experience as well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 2:35am On Aug 18, 2018
God bless u too my dear

JESUnifemi4eva:
Congratulations manlikegb,

Thank you for sharing your experience on the thread...may GOD bless your new born.

@Hotstepper...i doubt you remember me but I haven't forgotten your assistance in 2016 when I had issues with getting my baby's birth certificate. May GOD bless you abundantly.Amen

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 3:27am On Aug 18, 2018
JESUnifemi4eva:
Hi, do you mean the 4-in-one birth registration process?

Please, I’m confused how to go about this birth certificate. They gave me this site at the hospital
Www.serviceOntario.ca/newborn,I saw that the amount and time of processing is different from the one I’m seen here. Please what is long and short form? I called the office, I was told that if I want them to expendit it. That I have to write and give reasons and proof.
Please:@https://www.nairaland.com/hotstepper, I need your help. Thanks.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 11:02am On Aug 18, 2018
Please apply for the long form and short form; and use the premium online service
https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/scr_ServiceStandards.do#section3

Please do NOT apply for SIN or CCB if you are a visitor; just stick to statement of live birth and registration for birth certificate.

P.S: use the documents that the hospital gave you when you were discharged in completing the form.

For my evidence of expedite, I took a copy of my return ticket to ServiceOntario and explained that I needed to register his birth, apply for a passport and return to my home country urgently to attend to personal issues. Just be confident and don't panic

Best of luck

FamilyforE4:

Please, I’m confused how to go about this birth certificate. They gave me this site at the hospital
Www.serviceOntario.ca/newborn,I saw that the amount and time of processing is different from the one I’m seen here. Please what is long and short form? I called the office, I was told that if I want them to expendit it. That I have to write and give reasons and proof.
Please:@https://www.nairaland.com/hotstepper, I need your help. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Gracemama: 1:10pm On Aug 20, 2018
hajidel:
Good day house;

My advice to anyone seeking this journey,

[b]DO NOT UNDERTAKE THIS JOURNEY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY OR MOST IMPORTANTLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE EMOTIONAL SUPPORT WHETHER IT BE FAMILY OR FRIEND. BECAUSE YOU CAN PAY THE HOSPITAL OR CENTER ITS ONLY MONEY BUT YOU CANNOT BUY EMOTIONAL.

Congratulations on the arrival of your little.
pls i need your opinion, am torn btw giving birth in the USA or CANADA
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IyaTwins84: 5:20pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hi .. I need some information concerning Dr and hospital choice from you. Please can u send me your email
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FORESIMI: 5:41pm On Aug 20, 2018
tobsin:
The birth was not in Toronto, it was in a different city still in Ontario though. We have few ob/gyn in my church, so I think people coming to give birth here just register with them. You could check if there are any Nigerian ob/gyn in T.O willing to take on new patients.
Regarding the cost, it would depend on the method of delivery and how many days you spend. You typically spend 2 nights after delivery, but it might last longer if there are any complications. I could make some research on the specific costs. For the hospital, it is usually the hospital that your ob/gyn practices.
Hope I have been of help.

hello pls help get ob/gyn in your church that can help my wife
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by FamilyforE4: 9:55pm On Aug 20, 2018
Hello everyone! Please I need a link or site of applying for the baby passport, also i don’t know how true is this.that I need a guarantor and my husband have to sign at the embassy if he’s not with me.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shadetwins: 12:12am On Aug 21, 2018
[quote author=manlikegb post=70348512]Ladies and Gentlemen, big kudos to everyone who has shared informative details on here at one point or the other. Myself and spouse just returned from Canada about a week ago and I thought to share our birthing journey and experience to keep the info on here flowing. Sorry it may be a bit long.

Hi, on the visa on arrival application.. there is a section that says applicant return date. What did you do in this case, did u book a return flight for u and ur baby. and when filling the form did u fill ur name and then indicate u are applying for ur baby.

pls ur answer would be appreciated
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by shadetwins: 12:14am On Aug 21, 2018
manlikegb:
Ladies and Gentlemen, big kudos to everyone who has shared informative details on here at one point or the other. Myself and spouse just returned from Canada about a week ago and I thought to share our birthing journey and experience to keep the info on here flowing. Sorry it may be a bit long.

ABOUT VISA APPLICATION: We submitted our TRV application(Renewing) before we found out that we don port so birthing was not mentioned in our application.

POINT OF ENTRY: Our point of entry experience was smooth. The automated machine didn’t work for either of our passports, so we just proceeded to the counter to inform the CBP officer and he said thats no problem. So he asked us random questions, I guess those were the questions we were supposed to answer on the machine initially.
So he gave us this yellow card with a mark on it, and on our way out, we were directly to a room where they have another set of counters and a queue. I guess that's because of the mark on our card. Anyways, we got on the queue and waited till it was our turn. The officer we met with asked about the same questions and also asked how much we have on us. I told her and I asked she'd want to see, but she said no need. Took fingerprints and we were stamped in. Our bag of food was not even checked. I guess there were no concerns from their scans.

IN CANADA: We initially had an appointment with Dr Ayodele but for some reason, that didn’t work out as Brampton Civic stopped carrying out CS. He wanted to refer us to another Nigerian Dr in North York, but somehow we couldn’t reach an understanding and I don’t want to bore you all with that story.

Then it became very challenging to get another Dr, we made calls over calls and most would reject non OHIP or reject a 33wks gone patient or say they’re not taking new patients at the moment. Their system in Canada is somehow and most of these Doctor’s secretary are saucy.

Tests Done at LifeLabs: HbAIC, CBC, Prenatal AB, HIV, Prenatal Rubella, + Doc fee = 63cad
Anesthesiology services for Labour & Delivery: 1350cad in cash (Guess epidural is here)
Lots of petty tests with petty costs done after birth, not sure if this is general or peculiar to our own situation. Advice is, always budget above the fixed fees.

Baby check up after 3days: 30cad at a walk in clinic. Another check-up after a week for another 30cad. I’d say call a few walk in clinics and ask for their price then go with the one that is ok for you.

Naija Travel for Baby: 75usd. Did Visa On Arrival. It was stressful making payment on the site so I opted for the option to pay at Nigeria Airport which attracts an extra 20usd service charge. So Total = 95usd.
This page has all you need to sort VOA - https://immigration.gov.ng/visa-on-arrival/

My host was very helpful with antenatal and Hospital visits but we had to take uber a few times and it ranges from 150-160cad to and fro Brampton to Richmond Hill. Its true to always choose an hospital close to where you stay.

Lastly I want to say a very BIG thank you to @Hotstepper. She is as kind in person as she is on here. She even visited us and I really don’t know how to thank her enough. God bless you Sis.

Hi, on the visa on arrival application.. there is a section that says applicant return date. What did you do in this case, did u book a return flight for u and ur baby. and when filling the form did u fill ur name and then indicate u are applying for ur baby.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Demi007: 8:36am On Aug 22, 2018
No I haven’t. Applied and took my mind off it immediately. I know the response will either be a yes or a no and either ways, life goes on. So im just going about my daily activities as usual.

Can’t add worrying to the list of things on my plate cheesy

Lisaosato:

Have you tried to track your application? I have tried to no avail, I have no idea why it won't show anything... the anxiety is making me worry.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by justwise(m): 3:40pm On Aug 22, 2018
@imolekuku

That sort of post will not be allowed here.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Lisaosato: 4:28pm On Aug 22, 2018
Demi007:
No I haven’t. Applied and took my mind off it immediately. I know the response will either be a yes or a no and either ways, life goes on. So im just going about my daily activities as usual.

Can’t add worrying to the list of things on my plate cheesy

I like your spirit! It is well, I will try to relax. Thanks

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Beedee2016: 5:35pm On Aug 25, 2018
Good day house . Pls I need good and affordable hospital in vancourver. Pls help a sister. Thank you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by damseltobby: 3:34am On Aug 26, 2018
Hello fellow NAIRA landers,my visa was just approved, 5years multiple entry ,I will actually like to go and birth my child in Canada, I am about 22 weeks gone now, and will like to travel 1st week in September

1.Please I need a genuine agent that can help me with travel ticket to Toronto for between 400-450k, I dont mind the number of stops

2.between Brampton and North York, where I'm I likely to get the cheapest hospital deals, as I have my sister in North York and my brother in-law in Brampton, this is to help me determine where to stay between the 2.

3.Is there any insurance package that one can pay for monthly and will cover Childbirth expenses.

5.Any advice for me plz, from previous mums who has birthed their kids over there

6.wouldnt mind getting doctor's contact or hospital details that charge aBout 1500-2k per night

7.also ,is my child going to be entitled to free healthcare as soon as he is born?

8.What are the requirements for giving birth, generally,what results should I hold from Nigeria to reduce expenses over there

9.would appreciate any advice for port of entry as well

Thanks in advance
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by damseltobby: 3:59am On Aug 26, 2018
Nadnad:
I came in last weekend , applied for my visa when I was already pregnant didn’t indicate childbirth because I wanted to go to the US.
But I changed my mind along the line and when I come in I declared at POE that I was here for childbirth. I was take to secondary inspection. They counted my cash and filled a form online for me and gave me a paper that will allow me stay for 6months and stamped my passport in for 6months as well.
They thanked me for my honesty and that was it.

I am using Doctor Ingras Kulach fit her details from here and they are only affiliated to Peter Lougheed hospital.
Calgary is abit in the high side though

So far Doctors fees is cad 3000
Hospital gave 3863 for mother and 2068 for baby per day! I have not gone to the hospital and I don’t intend to go till am ready to deliver.

I have only paid doctors fees and it includes all visits before nd after birth.
All my test and scan from Nigeria we accepted.

Please what test and scans did you do in Nigeria please?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Demi007: 12:10pm On Aug 26, 2018
Hello, congratulations on your visa.

I think you’ll need to search within the thread for test results, costs, doctors, fees, phone numbers etc.

I also did the same and managed to take a screenshot of everything so that when i get my visa (by Gods grace) im prepared.

How i got the information from the thread is a bit scattered because i had to read back several pages and was taking screenshots along the way. You can PM me and ill share the screenshots with you maybe that’ll help.

As for getting an agent to get you a cheap flight I don’t know much on that. But from what i have read on other threads about traveling to canada. Many have said Egypt Air and Turkish Air are very affordable. So you can check those 2 out. Or better still, download skyscanner and check the offers there. Good luck

damseltobby:
Hello fellow NAIRA landers,my visa was just approved, 5years multiple entry ,I will actually like to go and birth my child in Canada, I am about 22 weeks gone now, and will like to travel 1st week in September

1.Please I need a genuine agent that can help me with travel ticket to Toronto for between 400-450k, I dont mind the number of stops

2.between Brampton and North York, where I'm I likely to get the cheapest hospital deals, as I have my sister in North York and my brother in-law in Brampton, this is to help me determine where to stay between the 2.

3.Is there any insurance package that one can pay for monthly and will cover Childbirth

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Candybright: 3:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
[quote author=damseltobby post=70613646

5.Any advice for me plz, from previous mums who has birthed their kids over there

6.wouldnt mind getting doctor's contact or hospital details that charge aBout 1500-2k per night

7.also ,is my child going to be entitled to free healthcare as soon as he is born?

8.What are the requirements for giving birth, generally,what results should I hold from Nigeria to reduce expenses over there

9.would appreciate any advice for port of entry as well

Thanks in advance[/quote]
you can't get ticket for 400-450k in first week of September cos that's return time for school children and ticket in first and second week are really high. you can get somthing slightly above your budget for 3rd week and for October, you can get ticket below 400k (Egypt air) so you can chill till last week September or October since you are not far gone yet.
for doctors in Toronto, check the ones mentioned here already, Brampton, Humber River etc.
also note that you need a Schengen visa if you are stopping twice in any European city.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by manlikegb: 11:59am On Aug 31, 2018
Hotstepper:

Awww! Glad u guys got gome safely. u know I got baby some clothes but forgot it in my handbag as gist took over.... I will send it across to u guys in Nigeria .

No problem sis @Hotstepper, we appreciate you as always. Warm regards.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by manlikegb: 12:09pm On Aug 31, 2018
shadetwins:

Hi @shadetwins, sorry for late response. I didn't fill any application or form. If you follow the link I posted in that post, the option I chose was the "Applying through Email" option. So I just sent an email to the stated email address and explained that myself and spouse are Nigerians living in Nigeria and just had our baby in Canada so we want to apply for Visa On Arrival for our new born. Then I attached all the required documents and details that was stated under the "Applying through Email" option. After sending an email, I gave them a call as follow up just to make sure they received it. Then I was told to call back on the eve of our intended travel date. It was when I called that day that they treated it I guess and they emailed the Approval Letter to me.

Hope this helps.

shadetwins:

-Applicant return date. I think this is irrelevant if you follow the link I posted earlier and apply through email. Its much more easier. But just clarify again when you speak with them over the phone sha.
-Before you apply for VOA, you should have received baby's passport & have sorted baby's ticket by calling the airline and adding the infant ticket to yours. Paid and confirmed.
-Baby's name is the Applicant name. Your own name can come-in in the body of the letter.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by asteroid: 11:28pm On Sep 01, 2018
Dear Hotstepper,

Thank you for helping out so much on this thread.
Please could you assist me with info on affordable OBGYN in Oshawa.
I sent you an e-mail here on nairaland a moment ago. I'm a new member, though I have been studying the thread posts for a while now.
I intend to submit my visa application within a week from today and I need reliable doctor and hospital fee cost quotes to include in my application
I have spoken to Dr. Ayodele's receptionist/PA who indicated that he no longer accepts self paying patients, but that there is a way around it and that I should come withb 4000CAD on the first day. She also stated that since I have done one CS, Dr. Ayodele will refer me to another OBGYN. She laidndown other conditions.
I also spoke to another OBGYN who gave me a complete quote of possible costs and noted that I would have to pay 12,000CAD upon arrival from which all costs would be deducted and the balance if any, returned to me.

In one of your posts, you mentioned having contacts for more affordable OBGYN.
Please assist me with this info on affordable OBGYN and Hospital.

I am due very soon and am keen to get your response. Thank you.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Fshady: 9:18am On Sep 04, 2018
@hotstepper-Dear Hotstepper,

Thank you for being a readily available resource person on this platform. Please help my case. I entered Toronto last week Wednesday with my 13months old son. I am here to give birth (currently 29 weeks gone), but getting an apartment or a shared accommodation has been difficult. I currently stay in an airbnb room for $80 per night, please help a sister out. How can I get a shared accommodation, I've contacted Dr Ted Kosalka so it's likely I use Humber River. I'm open to change though.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ozycy: 11:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
Fshady:
@hotstepper-Dear Hotstepper,

Thank you for being a readily available resource person on this platform. Please help my case. I entered Toronto last week Wednesday with my 13months old son. I am here to give birth (currently 29 weeks gone), but getting an apartment or a shared accommodation has been difficult. I currently stay in an airbnb room for $80 per night, please help a sister out. How can I get a shared accommodation, I've contacted Dr Ted Kosalka so it's likely I use Humber River. I'm open to change though.
$80 per night is a whole lot. Have you gotten a place now?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by folmus: 9:53am On Sep 05, 2018
manlikegb:

Anyways, thanks to who else but @Hotstepper. God bless her for us. I explained our situation to her and she suggested if we don’t mind coming to Richmond Hill(which is about 45-55min drive to Brampton where we’re staying) that she could refer us to a Dr she had personally used in the past. She secured an appointment for us with the Dr and that was it.

Dr Name: C Ryan Ou
Address: 9651 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill, ON L4C 1V7
Phone No: 905-918-0522

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.