Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:54 PM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) (133209 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 2:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sagamite:

Cool. I will be happy to.

I will PM you.

Nadia SA, if you feel comfortable enough to receive his pm, go ahead!

You will need to go to your mailbox to see his pm, if you don't find it in your inbox then check your spam mail.

Hopefully you get all the encouragement you need.

Cheers!!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Sagamite(m): 2:45pm On Sep 16, 2013
jay bee:
Don't go toasting her oh, Mr smooth talker tongue tongue tongue tongue

chaircover:

Dont worry, those his badt wives in the family section will kill him. I trust Jenny & efe grin

They will have saga -etti and chicken[b] -mite [/b] for dinner . . . .very tasty I heard cool grin

I am way toooooooo principled to exploit such a situation. grin

It is a serious issue and I have in the last few years taken a deep interest in psychology to enhance my career/life/relationship/nurturing performance, so I am sure I have some knowledge and the deep intellect to address many of the issues that might be bothering her.

And don't forget, I am the most confident person on Earth. cool That helps with feeling of hopelessness.

My work and career focuses on understanding an ideal vision and understanding drivers that determine your capability of getting there. That is how I plan to work with her.

Knowledge, intellect and confidence should surely add to helping her and inspiring her.

Nah. I would never exploit someone's vulnerability. Not my style and against my principles.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2013
Sagamite:

I am way toooooooo principled to exploit such a situation. grin

It is a serious issue and I have in the last few years taken a deep interest in psychology to enhance my career/life/relationship/nurturing performance, so I am sure I have some knowledge and the deep intellect to address many of the issues that might be bothering her.

And don't forget, I am the most confident person on Earth. cool That helps with feeling of hopelessness.

My work and career focuses on understanding an ideal vision and understanding drivers that determine your capability of getting there. That is how I plan to work with her.

Knowledge, intellect and confidence should surely add to helping her and inspiring her.

Nah. I would never exploit someone's vulnerability. Not my style and against my principles.
Makes sense. smiley
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 16, 2013
I like this thread sad
Encouraging and inspiring.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
CC, Thank you very much .

I found a lot of useful tips on this thread. I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has contributed to this thread. Somehow, somewhere, you have touched the life of someone. God bless you all.

If you are out there feeling depressed , please talk to someone. It makes you feel much lighter. smiley .
Identify the root/problem and tackle it. if you have to do it with the help someone you trust, Fine. You will feel good.

Thanks all cheesy
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Ivynwa(f): 11:19pm On Sep 17, 2013
emk4lif: Mine is somewhat complicated, I'm in my late teens and an engineering student..always been a high flyer academically in high school and not doing so badly in the university, I hold no religious belief and my views border on atheism..I've been struggling with depression for over two years and I've considered suicide at times....life just feels so empty most times to me and I struggle daily to find a meaning to everything,I also feel like I could be doing so much more with my inherent potential, this coupled with the challenges of being a nerdy introvert teenager with few friends and eccentric thoughts leave me with just a bleak outlook of life....I spend a lot of time alone and I believe that no one really understands me..my parents are too religious and emotionally distant for me to share my fears with them....no matter how I try to deal with it, I always relapse back...I just feel lost and I just wonder whether if I just end it all,maybe I'll just find that elusive peace.it might seem cowardly and sound like overkill but the despair I feel daily, the depths of loneliness,fear and self-loathing I go through daily just drives me crazy
actually wanted to open a thread on it before I came across this

When I see posts like yours I just can't close the thread and walk away because people like you draw at my heartstring.
I have actually limited my nairalanding to simply reading Naija news because of the tribal hatings and some cyberbullying I see that make me sick but threads like this are priceless. Time spent with others in this kind of thread are divine if it ends up making others feel better so I am gonna be sharing precious time with others in this thread for now.

@emk4life
Your post is so beautifully woven that it shows that you are indeed a special person. You seem to be a young person that is doing great but with a void that you don't know how to fill up and at such a crossroad, negative thoughts streams in to fill that void for you and make you think such thoughts like suicide. Suicide?? No way brother! No way should such a promising young man like you waste away like that.

I am thinking that if you fill in the void you have with positive energy that you will not feel depressed. Start with conditioning your minds with good books like "The power of positive thinking" by Dale Carnegie, "Your invisible power" by Genevieve Behrend etc You can expend your energy on other profitable and good work/ventures(projects,website,internet ventures,part time jobs,volunteering) as you seem good at what you do. It is also very important that you do things that give you joy, things you consider fun that are not harmful to you. I was about to mention that you find a way to connect to God and remembered you mentioned that your views is close to Atheism. It's your life to believe what you consider good for you but as a christian I can tell you that it's very sweet to have a relationship with God and sometimes simply pray over things acknowledging your imperfection as a human, commending all your worries and problems into God's hand and trusting in him to lead you aright.

Please steer away from the depressive thoughts okay. We love you, some of us already saw through the greatness in you through your writings and we just can't afford to lose precious you okay. Plenty hugs to you.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
Thanks for your kind words Ivyinwa!!

It was inspiring.

***ps..seems the Anti-spam Bot is in love with your username handle.
It mistakenly banned you after your post. It has been undone.

Cheers.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Isabella89: 12:34am On Sep 18, 2013
kiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 12:37am On Sep 18, 2013
^^^^^

Lolllz....don't let Muki catch you o!

Yea it is undone.

Try it out.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Isabella89: 12:38am On Sep 18, 2013
Royal Roy: ^^^^^

Lolllz....don't let Muki catch you o!

Yea it is undone.

Try it out.

Okay dear. Thanks.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Ivynwa(f): 12:50am On Sep 18, 2013
duffie:
I chose the wrong career, I've written my final exams and I just know my life is all wrong....

My family is in chaos, it hass always been like this right from my childhood but right now it's tearing me apart...most people tell me to blocck it out but I just can't....

I've shut everyone out of my life and I'm just lonely.....

I've got a health scare and I'm really scared....

Right now, I've got no plans for my future.....

The irony of it all, most people that think they know, believe ikve got no troubles because I'm always cheerful.

duffie:

Thank you.

I'm still depending on my parents and they all kicked against it and told me to just graduate and get married......

There's not much I can really do.

@Duffie
There must be a way around achieving your dream of reading the course you want without you having to rewrite Jamb, waec again like going through post graduate studies or something. I have seen people that go ahead to reading medicine as a second degree after graduating with a first degree but it's always possible with the support of your family, financial sponsors or with personal effort if you can be working and schooling so as to pay for yourself. If your parents are unable to support you financially, don't feel too unhappy about it. They probably have your other siblings they are paying for, don't take them on on their words for you to graduate and get married------some parents are always looking to feel good that "my children are all married off" and make comments that may add pressure on their children over marriage. Don't let that get to you and ensure that when you do decide to marry it is to somebody you will be happy with.

Don't worry too much, if you have no support around, you can use the health science degree you already got as a stepping ladder to achieving your dream of studying business management. Explore the health science field and see what good/wealth you can get from it (you may be surprised to get Gold therein!) and you can forge ahead to your other dream course.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Isabella89: 1:04am On Sep 18, 2013
Mr. Roy, the spambot struck again.
I tried to modify some punctuations on that same post and it hid it again.
I'm sorry for giving you plenty work jor.
You can leave it for Mukina to attend to at dawn, if it's much of a bother to you. I already notified her.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 2:32am On Sep 18, 2013
Hello.

Many incredible people have given very warm and comforting words of encouragement .

No matter how perfect we appear to the outside world , we all go through some kind of dire straits in our lives one way or the other.

I also believe If you're going through any form of depression or suicide thoughts , please get medical help either therapeutic or medication remedy ..

Secondly, please try not to emulate the aphorism that says; Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.. No no no, that's the evil of all saying IMO

Distance yourselves from negative people.
Who are negative people? A Negative person never has any encouraging words to share , they're always moody when you're around them , being in their midst feels like a confined heated space , in short they are better off distant ( my Dad calls it jinarere literally meaning far far in the woods) ....It's not the end of the world if they're not your friends.negative people erodes bad thoughts in you hence depression then Suicide thoughts ; Are they really worth it?

Live life lifted no matter what, mingle with people with positive attitude, they make your day and life worth living. Positive people encourage you and good thoughts shuffle through your mind when you mingle with them. They understand there's room for mistakes without judging and criticizing you.

Read inspirational books and attend or listen to seminars .
I also endorse Dale Carnegie ( power if positive thinking) .
Another Author/inspiration speaker I follow his creed next to my daily bread is Chuck Swindoll. ( insight for living) , please check his stuff ( cds & books) out.

I wish you all the best and hope everything work out well for you, and if what you wished for doesn't shape up exactly how you hoped , oh well it's not the end of the world , work with what you have and make the best of it. You all are not alone. Cheers.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:06am On Sep 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by tunapa2009(m): 10:09am On Sep 18, 2013
Any time I go through the comments of various people in this room, am always happy.. Thank you all for your advice
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by tunapa2009(m): 10:16am On Sep 18, 2013
There is something about life that we should all know "Happiness in life is by choice" and nobody will decide that for you.. You choose to be happy and otherwise. Don't let your happiness be based on external factors (environment may not give you the best) but let it be based on intrinsic factor(internally).. Choose to be happy at all times in every situation... Life may not give you the best of your desires, learn to appreciate God for another day because it is another opportunity to make it better.... It can only get better....
Good morning "Mas" and "sirs"....
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 8:14am On Sep 19, 2013
Peace be unto everybody. Good day to y'all...

This music will bless your hearts... Peace be still...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibUOowJF4Kk
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Hello guys! I'm here on behalf of a close friend smiley

She aint feeling suicidal but she is worried and needs counselling!

A divorcee(man) wants to marry her but she is just sceptical about it. Like how will people see her?is she commiting sin?etc.

The cause of his. Divorce was because d exwife. Had. Blood oath with her bf plus having sex with him was always a problem!!!

Pls any. Advice will be much appreciated thanks.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 8:38am On Sep 19, 2013
dimples*:

A divorcee(man) wants to marry her but she is just sceptical about it. Like how will people see her?is she commiting sin?etc.

The cause of his. Divorce was because d exwife. Had. Blood oath with her bf plus having sex with him was always a problem!!!

Could you please explain the bolded?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2013
dimples*:

Dimples, please open a thread for your friend's issue.
You will get better advice for her than in here.

Plus this doesn't qualify to be on this thread.
Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2013
-----
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 9:31am On Sep 19, 2013
bellong:

Could you please explain the bolded?

Like when two lovers use their blood to make an oath that they would be together For ever!! I hear such bonds are usually binding on both parties even when they get married to someone else!!

Then she doesn't. Like to have sex with him(her husband)
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 9:32am On Sep 19, 2013
Royal Roy:

Dimples, please open a thread for your friend's issue.
You will get better advice for her than in here.

Plus this doesn't qualify to be on this thread.
Cheers.

What thread do u suggest then
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 9:37am On Sep 19, 2013
dimples*:

What thread do u suggest then

A thread means a topic!

Open a topic on your friend's case here on family section.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Ivynwa(f): 5:45am On Sep 21, 2013
joywendy: yeah am about entering 200 level.thanks. I really need people I can talk I have tried and thought possible times of taking my ***.

@Joywendy
Hope you are feeling much better now, friend.
You mentioned two things making you unhappy----difficulty in making friends and your wishing for computer engineering/computer science instead of the demography you chose. Have you tried changing course if you want the computer science much or is it that the SSCE reqirements are different or that your parents are bent on your not reading sciences which they said may stress you. If you want that badly, discuss more with them and try convincing them that this is what you really really want to do so that you can organize and go for it early enough as you are just in your second year unless you chose the other option of finishing with the demography first and working in that field while reading for the computer Engineering.
I think that in a case like that the decision is yours on whether to graduate first in your present course or to organize for the other course one time. I won't advise you to leave the demography course and retake Jamb, you can still retake Jamb while holding on to your present course and if you succeed with your new course can start that. There seems to be another option of switching courses at post graduate levels too.
You don't have to allow that weigh you down and give you such terrible thoughts of harming yourself over educational subjects and courses. Life is greater than courses and subjects biko. Many young persons in some countries only go to skill acquisition centers and learn such skills like welding, computer studies, music production, fashion designing, geriatric nursing and work happily with their skills.

You also have to be careful about letting what your peers in school think about so so and so courses influence your outlook or make you feel less than a person----some young persons have a way of looking down and up on different courses they consider low class or high class and looking down on people studying the low ones. Arise above all that, stay focused and remember that you are in school to equip yourself for the future and what matters is what you want not what others think.
On the part of experiencing difficulty in making friends, it is good to have friends but first cherish and love yourself to a point that you are happy with yourself when you find yourself alone. You have to study people you chose as friends first before befriending them so that you don't always end up with the ones that hurt you or leave painfully as you mentioned. When you feel like feeling depressed again, make effort to lift your mood by doing things that make you happy for example if you like music---listen to music at such times. Don't give way to sadness anymore okay Baby. Hugs to you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Ivynwa(f): 5:51am On Sep 21, 2013
Les: am goin tru the same tin..... believe me, the number of times wrong numbers call me is higher than the number my contacts call me, am just a manin ma own words. itstarted wen i left the city i grew up in for another city for no reason and i cant go back...

There are times one can't help changing environment and moving on in life. Sometimes it can be lonely to make such changes but you can also make effort to make new friends if you wish for that very much for example if you moved to another country from Nigeria, you can ask around for such things as where Nigerians (or people from your town or like minded people you prefer to socialize with) meet that way you can make friends and feel less lonely. Cheer your self up with things of fun you like and don't let loneliness weigh you down into unhappiness okay. Cheers to you.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Ivynwa(f): 5:57am On Sep 21, 2013
nadia_SA: cry cry
Feels like nothing is going well with me..
I've messed up at young age I've really tried making things better but it seems like I'm just making things worse..I don't no how I do it but sumtyms I feel like I'm cursed..

Suicide has crossed my mind alota times, sometimes I wish that a car could come from nowhere nd take my life..
cry cry

Nadia how are you doing girl?
I hope you are feeling better, didn't I see a thread yesterday where you were being happy with other nairalanders? I hope that the moderators have been able to help get that nairalander troubling you off your back for you to socialize in peace. Write to Mukina so that she can help you sort that out okay if it is yet to be sorted out. We want you to be happy happy and No! Baby you are not cursed as you think. Don't use such negative words on yourself. You are blessed and you shall not be cursed, say Alleluiah, Amen. Smile girl. kiss grin
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 21, 2013
Ivynwa:

Nadia how are you doing girl?
I hope you are feeling better, didn't I see a thread yesterday where you were being happy with other nairalanders? I hope that the moderators have been able to help get that nairalander troubling you off your back for you to socialize in peace. Write to Mukina so that she can help you sort that out okay if it is yet to be sorted out. We want you to be happy happy and No! Baby you are not cursed as you think. Don't use such negative words on yourself. You are blessed and you shall not be cursed, say Alleluiah, Amen. Smile girl. kiss grin
morning swty I'm all gud thanks.. Sk one of the mods helped me to get my account back. Thank God thou one nadia._sa was still claiming its her account I think shs been sorted out or maybe tired!

Everything is ok nd thnks for caring..
Smiling from ear to ear! cheesy kiss
Wishin u a great day ahead
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Ivynwa(f): 6:18am On Sep 21, 2013
nadia_SA: morning swty I'm all gud thanks.. Sk one of the mods helped me to get my account back. Thank God thou one nadia._sa was still claiming its her account I think shs been sorted out or maybe tired!

Everything is ok nd thnks for caring..
Smiling from ear to ear! cheesy kiss
Wishin u a great day ahead

Smiling back at you kiss grin
Take care okay?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:34am On Sep 21, 2013
Ivynwa:

Smiling back at you kiss grin
Take care okay?
smiley will du so

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (39) (Reply)

I Was A Husband: My Experience / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.