Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:08 AM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (442784 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by StarBoy54: 1:46pm On Jan 16, 2018
Hello guys. Who knows when university of kassel sends admission mails to students?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Liodins: 9:45pm On Jan 22, 2018
gtop:
Hello good people of NL, I'm currently studying in Lithuania (English Language) and not a degree awarding program, i registered through an agent the man told me i will get my TRP after 5 months, the program is just a nine month program but when i got to Lithuania the school made me to understand that i can't get their TRP only if i put in for degree program which is about 3000Euro per year meanwhile they don't allow student to work in the country so i decided to go and continue my studies in Germany since i have someone who's willing to sponsor me in Germany but i only have my WAEC which is the same issue that was recently address above my post. Please can anyone link me in Germany where i can do any shity job even if its 7-10euro an hour in Germany in order to pay my school fee in Lithuania or if there is any other option open for me to get the admission in Germany or any other in country in shengen, I still have 5months on my visa.

GOD BLESS.

my email : thefirm1001@yahoo.com
pls do u still have contact in Lithuania...cos am planing to enroll into a sch dere
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Liodins: 6:09pm On Jan 24, 2018
vicatrix:

Thanks for the update, i am presently in Berlin came through Lithuania cos i wanted to transfer. I will check on the university you sent me though mostly all are demanding IELTS so will advice everyone to write to be on a safe side. Thanks alot.
bro pls someone posted here some time ago dat schools in Lithuania don't allow student work while schooling, hw true is it, pls reply ASAP cos am planing dat direction

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Olufemiopa: 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2018
Hello,

I submitted my online application to Steinbeis University, Berlin. A confirmation email was sent to me followed by an email to schedule a content-specific Skype interview.

Anyone scheduled for Skype interview in the same university?

Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sexymonkey(m): 1:23pm On Jan 28, 2018
Hello everyone, before applying for an undergraduate course, is it advisible to learn German from Nigeria or it's better to attend a language school in Germany? @Jigba
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jan 28, 2018
sexymonkey:
Hello everyone, before applying for an undergraduate course, is it advisible to learn German from Nigeria or it's better to attend a language school in Germany? @Jigcfba

Learn German in Nigeria, it's better and cheaper too.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by sexymonkey(m): 3:51pm On Jan 28, 2018
Jigba:

Learn German in Nigeria, it's better and cheaper too.
oh thanks ma
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MaroCruz(m): 7:32pm On Feb 07, 2018
Kexorcist:

I've been to Germany. I love it. It's not a very expensive country. The people are very serious about rules, but are generally nice and helpful if a bit intimidating. Stay in Jugendherberge (youth hostels) and eat Doner Kebab to save money. General notes: Germany is not a country that caters to customers -- little but bars and brothels are open past 10PM. Germans speak good but accented English, but bilingual materials are rare. There are black people in Germany, so you won't be stared at like a traveling panda exhibit, but they will look at you. Bakeries are good places to get cheap food in the morning, but they're typically done by afternoon. Never give money to Gypsies -- they will follow you and dog you for more and more, ALWAYS more. They are not needy -- they are professional scammers who net hundreds of Euros every day. They also love to steal. From what I know, antiblack racism is rare, and they are more likely to be interested in knowing about you and where you come from. If you outwardly dress islamically, they are far more likely to look at that and react negatively than if you just look black. In large cities like Berlin, Mannheim, and Frankfurt, they have black people. There is even a very good Ethiopian restaurant in Berlin by one of the hostels. In small villages and so on, you will find no black people and there is the possibility that maybe the people there have never seen a real black man. I hope this post helps.

Very insightful write-up. Pls who knows about the situation in Aachen in terms of employability and Black/Nigeria population there

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MaroCruz(m): 7:47pm On Feb 07, 2018
vinegar:
hi guys... anyone in RWTH Aachen? just arrived here for my Masters thesis.

Hello, Just sent two applications to RWTH Aachen. Graduated with a (3.95) B.Eng, What are the chances of securing admission?? And how long does it take to get an admission.

Thanks for your assistance

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by superplus(m): 6:37pm On Feb 14, 2018
Please does anyone know any university in Germany that offers master degree in Law that is tuition free with English as the language of instructions? Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by bykomartin: 5:19pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good Evening my brothers and sisters.
Thank you for all your help. God bless.

I have my admission letter.
I am suppose to resume in Germany August 25th.
MSc in Jena, Germany

Pls I have some questions....

1. Pls how do one book an appointment for German student visa? (website and steps)

2. If its ok to book an appointment now, can i fix the appointment date to be ending June or early July?
(so that i will have time to raise money to open blocked acct immediately after interview.)

3. because I heard after visa interview, they will give you limited time to fund your account. is this true?
or can i even go for the visa interview now and fund the blocked acct by july?

4. Do i need to open the blocked account first (without fund in it) b4 going for the visa interview, then fund it after interview if successful?

5. After the interview, how will i know i am successful so that i can go ahead to fund the blocked account?

6. Should I wait to hear from the embassy first if successful in visa interview before doing blocked acct?

7. Can I open a German blocked account while in Port Harcourt without visiting Lagos?
Or can i request to open blocked acct there in the German embassy after the visa interview to avoid travelling to Lagos two times?

8. The university mail said I should apply for student housing soon. will i need to pay housing first even b4 getting visa?

9. What happens to the money in the blocked account if i eventually didnt make it to Germany?

10. What are the criterias to become a German citizen?

11. what are the chances of staying in Germany forever after graduation?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by RearVoice: 6:26pm On Mar 23, 2018
Good evening Gurus and good people of this wonderful thread,
Please has anyone tried or gotten a German Student Visa with a Conditional letter of admission/Conditional letter of acceptance/Conditional offer letter from a German University with the Condition of attending a German language School upon arrival in Germany?
Did you get yours?
What is the Success rate
Please help!!!!!! I need answers. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by TJ0987(f): 8:56am On May 14, 2018
I studied in Germany. Started from undergraduate school. I speak fluent German and know much about school and work in Germany. If you have any questions, be it about English or Deutsch in Germany, l would be glad to answer.

For a starter, University education is free.

Please I know this comment is about 5 yrs old, but I need urgent advice. I am considering doing a PhD in Germany because i just learnt that it is tuition free.
I finished with a 2.2 (3.37); please what are my chances? I intend doing something in environmental sciences. I can be reached on oadeniji1@gmail.com
Thanks all...
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by ajeleseujn(m): 9:50am On May 14, 2018
TJ0987:

Please I know this comment is about 5 yrs old, but I need urgent advice. I am considering doing a PhD in Germany because i just learnt that it is tuition free.
I finished with a 2.2 (3.37); please what are my chances? I intend doing something in environmental sciences. I can be reached on oadeniji1@gmail.com
Thanks all...

I will suggest that you visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/405 for a quick and prompt response to your questions.

Good morning
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by TJ0987(f): 10:15am On May 14, 2018
ajeleseujn:

I will suggest that you visit this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/405 for a quick and prompt response to your questions.

Good morning

Thanks brother... I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by ajeleseujn(m): 1:34pm On May 14, 2018
TJ0987:

Thanks brother... I really appreciate.

You welcome sis
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by onyeka84: 1:27pm On May 17, 2018
Hello people. I recently got admitted in university of Siegen. I have booked a visa interview appointment. However, I need clarity on some issues.
1. What documents do I need to attend the interview with?
2. How do I secure accommodation in Germany.
3. I really don't understand anything on insurance. Do I do a Nigerian travelling insurance and do another in Germany?
Thank you as you respond.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MaroCruz(m): 4:59pm On May 17, 2018
onyeka84:
Hello people. I recently got admitted in university of Siegen. I have booked a visa interview appointment. However, I need clarity on some issues.
1. What documents do I need to attend the interview with?
2. How do I secure accommodation in Germany.
3. I really don't understand anything on insurance. Do I do a Nigerian travelling insurance and do another in Germany?
Thank you as you respond.

Congrats, same with me. Visit the consulate site and you'll see the checklist of documents you're to come along with.
Also visit the German student visa thread for more info https://www.nairaland.com/3941544/general-german-student-visa-enquiries/417#3941544.13347

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 17, 2018
Junipero:
Please endeavour to get an International Driver's Licence b4 travelling. Would expose you to lots more of Jobs...

Please how can one get an international driver's licence from Nigeria?

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by django0909: 2:36pm On May 21, 2018
gabi101:

hello, You didnt state the course you wish to study in germany... yes you can get be admitted into a German university if you want. all you need is just your first year transcript, test of english language proficiency and waec or neco result(some times schools might request for a motivation letter and recommendation letter). So its your decision to make if you want to do masters there or undergraduate. let me know the course you want to study so i can help you search for them.

#CHEERS smiley
Hello there... i have a degree in Business Information System and i would like to go for Msc in International Relations or any course that deals with Diplomacy ..Please how do i go about it in a German University ?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by chime11(m): 6:52am On May 30, 2018
Good day all, please house I need information about studying pharmacy I have completed first year and I need an affordable school that uses English
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Decency1984(m): 6:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
Good evening My fellow nairalander, how can a Nigeria trained lawyer practice in Germany? Thanks, I await your reply
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Donmooney(f): 7:18pm On Jun 11, 2018
good evening my good people of nl...
I've been a silent follower for a while now. And really it's my sincere prayer that everyone in this forum finally realize their dreams.

to my question... I have browsed through but I'm yet to find a specific answer to this question. I'm in my 400l in the university, do I really need to get a transcript up till my current level or I'm I required to get just my 100level transcript... please an answer is needed urgently as I would be getting my transcript soon. thanks

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by isangjohnson: 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2018
Please someone should put me through here.
Having worked four years out of my seven years in Customs Processing Centre, I would like to pick up a Master's course that's IT related in RWTH or Uni Cologne or any other institutions I may be recommended to . I studied physics in my first degree and got 1.89cgpa American grading system. I worked in Nigeria Customs Service.
Please what is my chance of having admission in Master's programme that is IT related?
Should I still continue with physics?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by smoothvee(m): 8:07am On Jul 27, 2018
OlaoChi:
I'm seriously having problems with getting accommodation in berlin

I want to attend Volkshochschule Berlin for two language courses that will take the months of July and August before proceeding to Nordhausen for studienkolleg where I have already arranged accommodation with the studentenwerk there.

I have been using the Wg gesucht platform to search for shared Appartements in Berlin but I have got no response till date, and I will be arriving Berlin on July 1st no accommodation. .please who can help a fellow out with advice or even an offer?

Did you later go to berlin? How did you manage the house ish please.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 9:00am On Jul 27, 2018
smoothvee:

Did you later go to berlin? How did you manage the house ish please.
. Yes I attended the language course and later moved

Its not easy in Berlin but it's still a good place for Africans coming for the first time. I was able to stay with someone I knew from Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by smoothvee(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2018
OlaoChi:
. Yes I attended the language course and later moved

Its not easy in Berlin but it's still a good place for Africans coming for the first time. I was able to stay with someone I knew from Nigeria

Oh nice! I am heading there this won’t.. having problems looking for accommodation.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by OlaoChi: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2018
smoothvee:

Oh nice! I am heading there this won’t.. having problems looking for accommodation.

You need to connect with anyone you know in Germany.. Maybe that person knows someone in Berlin
That is the easiest way or you keep trying WG.Gesucht
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Abraham18(m): 9:51pm On Jul 30, 2018
garri4all:

Here in Österreich, tuition fee for international students is 750€ per semester and insurance is about 50€ per month.
I'm shocked that you said education is free in Germany. I will really like to ask you, is it free for M.Sc courses offered in Englisch too?

Please how much is undergraduate course taken in English at Osterreich...
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by BHANKYPSALM: 12:30pm On Oct 17, 2018
Hello house,
i need you to put me through
i want to study Radiography in germany
can i use my ond result instead of going for studienkollege? and also did i need to have a proof that i can speak german?
looking forward to our reply
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by vampire2020: 1:10pm On Oct 17, 2018
BHANKYPSALM:
Hello house,
i need you to put me through
i want to study Radiography in germany
can i use my ond result instead of going for studienkollege? and also did i need to have a proof that i can speak german?
looking forward to our reply
you must pass through studienkolleg and must be able to speak German@least C1
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by BHANKYPSALM: 3:06pm On Oct 17, 2018
vampire2020:
you must pass through studienkolleg and must be able to speak German@least C1
please can you enlighten me more about studienkollege

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (118) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.