Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? (441990 Views)

Nigerian Students In Germany, How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In Canada: How Do You Survive? / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (118) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by IchBinBrait(m): 11:52pm On Apr 21, 2019
Hadampson:

Please share your daily experiences and other useful information on this thread

Eldeee
Philfit
Janette
dolpaz

......yes including other non visa related matters like pictures of restaurants, lecture halls, work places, vehicles, stadiums, social life in Germany and so on. Also the "Do's" and "Dont's" for expats living there. It will help motivate aspiring students.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by klexycole(m): 1:24am On Apr 22, 2019
How I wish this thread could be active and maintained like the Living in Canada and Australian threads. People post their landing experiences ranging from flight to accommodation, jobs, culture shock/difference, school, and more.

But here, that's not the case. People prefer to ask admission and visa-related questions right here when the German Visa thread is obvious on the front page. Unfortunately, some people will go ahead and answer those questions on this same thread, thereby defeating its purpose.

Even guys in Germany seem not interested in sharing their personal experiences. You will hardly get tips and experiences from German residents on Nairaland, save for a few peeps.

Lastly, we can still bring this thread back to its formal glory. Newly landed Nigerian students in DE should endeavor to share their landing stories and life in Germany (their state) generally.

Chrizwaso
Deutscheman
Odubannamdi
Waledora
Mystique
Fabcol

And others.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 3:04am On Apr 22, 2019
The moderators have instructed we maintain this thread as they don't want duplication of threads. Please guys let's get this thread back to life. No more wishing and hoping this time. If I call you out, just don't see it as an offense, but as a call to duty. Let's all install discipline and get the thread of our dreams

This are my humble suggestions brethren
* Never are we going to entertain application, school, visa related questions here. Please deutschmann, fabcol, chriswazo, philfit, badmus, bl3d, demigodzeus, aodiba, henriq, ichbinbrait, justcare, klexycole, etc help us by avoid answering such questions here. Anyone that want such answers should go to the main students thread.

* Anyone asking such questions here should be vehemently attacked by a good number of people so as to serve as a deterrent to others, and to send a warning signal to wanable defaulters and desperados.

* Any questions to be entertained here should strictly be as it relates to survival tips, career tips, integration, hustling and student jobs, etc

* Please no sentiments or preferential treatment should be entertained here, let it be strictly as it pertains to the topic no matter what.

* For all those who travelled last year at least, we understand you guys have busy schedules, but at least make out time to spice up this thread with tonnes of interesting discussions based on your personal experience

* Please we should all note that experience differs according to location so please don't try to outrun someone who is telling us as e dey happen for his end.

* For our able veterans, please we need you more than ever. Come share your after school experiences, permanent resident issues, blue card, getting a job, dos and don'ts with us. We want to make this thread highly impacting and resourceful.

*Please we also need discussions about business opportunities, dating and relationships (no be illegal oooo), politics etc. So please kindly share with us.

* Please lets maintain decorum, love, unity and respect for one another.

*** Please kindly outline other possible suggestions as to how we can get this working. We need suggestions please

I believe we can make it happen if we are committed and decide to comply and adhere strictly with instructions. Thanks in all.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by odimbannamdi(m): 5:22am On Apr 22, 2019
Eldeee:
The moderators have instructed we maintain this thread as they don't want duplication of threads. Please guys let's get this thread back to life. No more wishing and hoping this time. If I call you out, just don't see it as an offense, but as a call to duty. Let's all install discipline and get the thread of our dreams

* Never are we going to entertain application, school, visa related questions here. Please deutschmann, fabcol, chriswazo, philfit, badmus, bl3d, demigodzeus, aodiba, henriq, ichbinbrait, justcare, klexycole, etc help us by avoid answering such questions here. Anyone that want such answers should go to the main students thread.

* Anyone asking such questions here should be vehemently attacked by a good number of people so as to serve as a deterrent to others, and to send a warning signal to wanable defaulters and desperados.

* Any questions to be entertained here should strictly be as it relates to survival tips, career tips, integration, hustling and student jobs, etc

* Please no sentiments or preferential treatment should be entertained here, let it be strictly as it pertains to the topic no matter what.

* For all those who travelled last year at least, we understand you guys have busy schedules, but at least make out time to spice up this thread with tonnes of interesting discussions based on your personal experience

* Please we should all note that experience differs according to location so please don't try to outrun someone who is telling us as e dey happen for his end.

* For our able veterans, please we need you more than ever. Come share your after school experiences, permanent resident issues, blue card, getting a job, dos and don'ts with us. We want to make this thread highly impacting and resourceful.

*Please we also need discussions about business opportunities, dating and relationships (no be illegal oooo), politics etc. So please kindly share with us.

*** Please kindly outline other possible suggestions as to how we can get this working. We need suggestions please

I believe we can make it happen if we are committed and decide to comply and adhere strictly with instructions. Thanks in all.

Seconded!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Nobody: 6:56am On Apr 22, 2019
superplus:
Please does anyone know any university in Germany that offers master degree in Law that is tuition free with English as the language of instructions? Thanks
Leibniz Universitat Hannover

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Qpetz: 7:10am On Apr 22, 2019
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 7:18am On Apr 22, 2019
Amicusacuriae:

Please we will not entertain this here again, kindly help us by adhering to instructions.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:38am On Apr 22, 2019
IchBinBrait:

......yes including other non visa related matters like pictures of restaurants, lecture halls, work places, vehicles, stadiums, social life in Germany and so on. Also the "Do's" and "Dont's" for expats living there. It will help motivate aspiring students.

Everything would be covered

The bosses are working on it smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:44am On Apr 22, 2019
klexycole:
How I wish this thread could be active and maintained like the Living in Canada and Australian threads. People post their landing experiences ranging from flight to accommodation, jobs, culture shock/difference, school, and more.

But here, that's not the case. People prefer to ask admission and visa-related questions right here when the German Visa thread is obvious on the front page. Unfortunately, some people will go ahead and answer those questions on this same thread, thereby defeating its purpose.

Even guys in Germany seem not interested in sharing their personal experiences. You will hardly get tips and experiences from German residents on Nairaland, save for a few peeps.

Lastly, we can still bring this thread back to its formal glory. Newly landed Nigerian students in DE should endeavor to share their landing stories and life in Germany (their state) generally.

Chrizwaso
Deutscheman
Odubannamdi
Waledora
Mystique
Fabcol

And others.

Many people love Canada because of the way nigerian Canadians maintained the thread. They post everything about the country.

Most nairalanders believe Germany is a racist country which is not so. My coursemate in school has a friend in Germany. The guy told him that he can never leave Germany for USA... Can you imagine... The same Germany some people are saying bad things about. Please let us share the experiences and tips.

Berliner and ottersberger please your attention is highly needed

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Armstrong34(m): 7:47am On Apr 22, 2019
please who has an idea of how life in Paderborn and Aachen looks like....Are there readily students jobs over there....

how about after studies career especially at Paderborn..... any hope

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Amicusacuriae:

Anybody that ask questions that is not related to the thread, please ignore smiley

Danke smiley
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 7:54am On Apr 22, 2019
Eldeee:

justwise

Anybody that goes against the rules, let the person face the music.Thank you
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 8:45am On Apr 22, 2019
Please men and brethren, we need more suggestions on how to get this thread back to life. Kindly roll out your suggestions pls. Two good heads they say it's better than one.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 8:52am On Apr 22, 2019
Eldeee:
Please men and brethren, we need more suggestions on how to get this thread back to life. Kindly roll out your suggestions pls. Two good heads they say it's better than one.

Boss, you can start by spicing the thread with Deutschland pictures smiley and also, tell us how you settled in
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by IAmPhiL(m): 9:19am On Apr 22, 2019
Well, my own quota to this is that, it's sometimes amazing how some Germans I've met are way more nicer than many Nigerians.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by odimbannamdi(m): 9:24am On Apr 22, 2019
naijaobi:

To study medicine here without standard German language is like ttrying to carry water in a basket. It is complicated. No amount of German u learn in Nigeria will qualify you to study medicine here. You have to study German here and then pass some exams to be eligible to apply. Best is study your medicine in Naija, then you can apply here to work after you muse hAve learnt the language. I know many guys like that. Or better still apply for language course here in Germany.

Hi Naijaobi.

We trust you are well and Deutschland is treating you well.

We noticed your immeasurable contributions on this thread in time past, and really crave your active participation in reviving the thread once again.

Thanks brov

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by odimbannamdi(m): 9:26am On Apr 22, 2019
Kexorcist:

I've been to Germany. I love it. It's not a very expensive country. The people are very serious about rules, but are generally nice and helpful if a bit intimidating. Stay in Jugendherberge (youth hostels) and eat Doner Kebab to save money. General notes: Germany is not a country that caters to customers -- little but bars and brothels are open past 10PM. Germans speak good but accented English, but bilingual materials are rare. There are black people in Germany, so you won't be stared at like a traveling panda exhibit, but they will look at you. Bakeries are good places to get cheap food in the morning, but they're typically done by afternoon. Never give money to Gypsies -- they will follow you and dog you for more and more, ALWAYS more. They are not needy -- they are professional scammers who net hundreds of Euros every day. They also love to steal. From what I know, antiblack racism is rare, and they are more likely to be interested in knowing about you and where you come from. If you outwardly dress islamically, they are far more likely to look at that and react negatively than if you just look black. In large cities like Berlin, Mannheim, and Frankfurt, they have black people. There is even a very good Ethiopian restaurant in Berlin by one of the hostels. In small villages and so on, you will find no black people and there is the possibility that maybe the people there have never seen a real black man. I hope this post helps.

Hi Kexorcist.

We trust you are fine and Deutschland is treating you well

We noticed your immeasurable contributions on this thread in time past, and really crave your active participation in reviving the thread once again.

Thanks brov

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by odimbannamdi(m): 9:29am On Apr 22, 2019
OlaoChi:

O'level alone cannot get you admission to undergraduate courses

You need A'level or FSP from Studienkolleg

Hi OlaoChi

We trust you are well and have fully integrated into the system.

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 10:03am On Apr 22, 2019
IAmPhiL:
Well, my own quota to this is that, it's sometimes amazing how some Germans I've met are way more nicer than many Nigerians.

Lest I forget.... Ich heiße Phil und ich bin eine Bayerische.

Willkommen an Bord chef cool

Can you tell us about your experience so far and some useful information about Bavaria states

Vielen Dank smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Ayohbk(m): 11:48am On Apr 22, 2019
Immafrank

Honorableseyi

Eke40seven

Fustinachichi
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Larrydogged07: 12:13pm On Apr 22, 2019
Anybody in Birkenfeld in Rhineland-Palatinate? How is this place in terms of jobs and living in the expenses.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by IAmPhiL(m): 2:47pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hadampson:

Willkommen an Bord chef cool

Can you tell us about your experience so far and some useful information about Bavaria states

Vielen Dank smiley
although i´ve not been to all parts of Bayern, i´ve met virtually everyone from all the regions here. cos of where i work of course.

Bavarians are fun, cultural and strong. most of their women are indpendent, old ones never tire...the landlady of a colleague is 88, this woman still does chores and voluntarily does their laundry.

the notion that Germans are racial bla bla is not so here. these guys would kill you of love. once they get to know you, that´s all. trust me, patience is key. although sometimes it could take longer when you´re trying to set p...me myself still dey on hold, e no easy.

it´s amazing how my colleagues at work want me to learn their native dialect, Bayerische rather than Deutsch. thanks to them, i know a few words and sentences in Bayerische.

yh, they´ve been many instances where Nigerians here dgaf about a fellow Nigerian. it´s really bad. But i believe a few haven´t lost it.

one amazing thing some of my colleagues from different nationalities tell me is... i´m the best Nigerian they´ve met. it´s saddening to hear how some folks behave here, it´s really lugubrious

but we thank God, some of us still raise the flag high

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by ColdNight(m): 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2019
[quote author=IAmPhiL post=77760484]
although i´ve not been to all parts of Bayern, i´ve met virtually everyone from all the regions here. cos of where i work of course.

Bavarians are fun, cultural and strong. most of their women are indpendent, old ones never tire...the landlady of a colleague is 88, this woman still does chores and voluntarily does their laundry.

Amazing! Danke for sharing this.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 3:49pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hadampson:

Boss, you can start by spicing the thread with Deutschland pictures smiley and also, tell us how you settled in

Bros I still dey naija oooo. So no pictures, lol
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by MrsInvisible(f): 3:59pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hi here are some informations about living in Dortmund, where I live.

Check out the different links

https://www.tu-dortmund.de/en/students/campus-life/?L=0

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 4:28pm On Apr 22, 2019
@IAmPhil, many thanks for sharing your experience, so nice of you. Nice to hear those encouraging lovely stories. Please help us spread the news of this recent thread to other peeps you are in contact with. Vielen dank.
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 4:43pm On Apr 22, 2019
IAmPhiL:

the notion that Germans are racial bla bla is not so here. these guys would kill you of love. once they get to know you, that´s all. trust me, patience is key. although sometimes it could take longer when you´re trying to set p...me myself still dey on hold, e no easy.

it´s amazing how my colleagues at work want me to learn their native dialect, Bayerische rather than Deutsch. thanks to them, i know a few words and sentences in Bayerische.

yh, they´ve been many instances where Nigerians here dgaf about a fellow Nigerian. it´s really bad. But i believe a few haven´t lost it.

one amazing thing some of my colleagues from different nationalities tell me is... i´m the best Nigerian they´ve met. it´s saddening to hear how some folks behave here, it´s really lugubrious

but we thank God, some of us still raise the flag high

We have been hearing alot of bad reviews about Bavaria states but thanks for clearing that up smiley

Well, we won't mind if you can post some pictures in order to spice up the thread smiley wink

Danke für das Update
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Hadampson(m): 4:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
Eldeee:

Bros I still dey naija oooo. So no pictures, lol

Like seriously shocked

I thought you dey Deutschland... But you are going there this winter, aren't you?
Re: Nigerian Students In Germany..how Do You Survive?? by Eldeee(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hadampson:

Like seriously shocked

I thought you dey Deutschland... But you are going there this winter, aren't you?

My brother na money issue sha, but hopefully by the grace of God we will be in Germany by winter.

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (118) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.