Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:06 AM

Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy - Religion (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy (95564 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
^Apparently Oladeegbu would have us believe the pix above is photoshopped too!!!

She was allowed to look beautiful whilst others looked liked wretched widows.

That Church is a Joke!!

You have to wonder how these fraudsters have the nerve to openly lie in public, yet using the same tone to say they are of Christ??

I mean that nonsense is just ridiculous. They still refuse to tell us why they were suspended when the evidence is open for all to see.

Shameless bunch would open other threads and write about righteousness. How is that possible?

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by debbleopto: 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
sheniqua:

So why was Love's father taken out as national overseer in Jamaica after this wedding?
Your answer makes no sense,stop defending double standards.
I remember when deeper lifers condemned TV,that practice has changed
The men condemned suits initially ,that practice has also changed
They wouldn't wear jeans (I Cannot fathom why),I don't know if that has changed
They would punish fathers for the sins of their kids,you tell us that has also changed
If those things you once condemned are now being allowed,what does that tell you?
Those things were never sinful in the first place but doctrinal issues
One day,if Christ tarries,deeper life just like the Assemblies of God will relax it's doctrines on certain outward qualities ,when they realize just like the afore mentioned,that those things do not a true worshipper make.
God's standards do not change

when ur father beat you for not doing ur school assignment thus that say u commit sin or crime? for the love father being disciplined does not say that he committed sin. God will even deal personally with the one that sin. If there is no discipline in the church there will be more corruption just like your country leaders. when you have a child, just leave him to do what he likes and expect a wise child.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 8:49pm On Jul 12, 2013
debbleopto:

when ur father beat you for not doing ur school assignment thus that say u commit sin or crime? for the love father being disciplined does not say that he committed sin. God will even deal personally with the one that sin. If there is no discipline in the church there will be more corruption just like your country leaders. when you have a child, just leave him to do what he likes and expect a wise child.

You are supporting two arguments at the same time
You tell us the act of punishing fathers was stopped then tell us a GO was punished for allowing the wrong wedding code

You wrote this earlier.

In 2006, pastor kumuyi mentioned it in the message that the father will no longer bear the discipline for the offense of the children. So the practice has stopped since then. The other g.o. discipline is based on negligence as overseer to monitor the sheepfold as to prevent going astray

Then now you are for punishments as a form of correction.
Then why was Pastor Kumuyi not punished since the Male offender in this act is his son?
You should be able to answer this simple question and sincerely too rather than beat about the bush.
Why is his offense milder since he ,the general Superintendent of the entire Church "allowed " the same exact thing a regional overseer is being punished for.
Who should bear more blame in this if any,Pastor Kumuyi the founder and highest authority in the Church or a man under his authority.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by debbleopto: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
sheniqua:

You are supporting two arguments at the same time
You tell us the act of punishing fathers was stopped then tell us a GO was punished for allowing the wrong wedding code

You wrote this earlier.

Then now you are for punishments as a form if correction.
Then why was Pastor Kumuyi not punished since the Male offender in this act is his son?
You hold be ale to answer this simple question and sincerely too rather than beat about the bush.
Why is his offense milder since he the enteral Superintendent of the entire hunch allowed the same thing a regional overseer is being punished for.

because he was not there in Jamaica during the wedding. the person you saw in the picture just resemble him. Imagine, how will the father of the bride groom stay far away and also be smiling at what he detest. the cameras would have zoomed on his face. Even Tai Dilating beat me when I did not report to the portion given me to clean when I was in secondary school.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 9:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author=sheniqua]Look at the sister on the left of this picture and the bride on the right
Many years ago,a deeper lifer couldn't wear that It had to be high turtle neck But today this blouse is common amongst deeper lifers It is still very decent and modest by all standards ,that is what I say about things changing. If this blouse was sin in 1988,it should still be sin today If it is not sin today,it was never sin in 1988 [/quote

The Nigerian Born Trinidad Nurse at the left side of this picture is not a member of Deeper Life. Thank you
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 9:06pm On Jul 12, 2013
debbleopto:

because he was not there in Jamaica during the wedding. the person you saw in the picture just resemble him. Imagine, how will the father of the bride groom stay far away and also be smiling at what he detest. the cameras would have zoomed on his face. Even Tai Dilating beat me when I did not report to the portion given me to clean when I was in secondary school.

This picture with the couple and their parents is a hoax?
So that man at the extreme left on your screen is not Pastor Kumuyi but a man that resembles him
LOrd please deliver your children from lies

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
sheniqua:

This picture with the couple and their parents is a hoax?
So that man at the extreme left on your screen is not Pastor Kumuyi but a man that resembles him
LOrd please deliver your children from lies

grin
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 9:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
debbleopto:

because he was not there in Jamaica during the wedding. [size=15pt]the person you saw in the picture just resemble him[/size]. Imagine, how will the father of the bride groom stay far away and also be smiling at what he detest. the cameras would have zoomed on his face. Even Tai Dilating beat me when I did not report to the portion given me to clean when I was in secondary school.

Stop embarrassing Bro Ola and the Deeperlife Church!!

These lies are just pathetic and degrading!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 9:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
[quote author=Deeper_danNY][/quote]

Really
What Church does she attend?
Love is also not a member of deeper life too
Hahahaha ha
YOu folks are funny
pastor Kumuyi's wife whose outfit is stylish and doesn't look like your typical deeper life style of old is also not a member of deeper life?
BTW see that sister again at the wedding proper

I would wear what she is wearing
I would also wear What the pastor's wife is wearing
Beautiful,stylish and modest
At least there are some women seeing the pastors wife that will be convinced that dressing well and in style is not sin
So you see
Things are slowly changing

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 9:50pm On Jul 12, 2013
dare2think:
Stop embarrassing Bro Ola and the Deeperlife Church!!These lies are just pathetic and degrading!

The GS was at the wedding and some very top ranking leadership pf DeeperLife and that was the place where the leadership corrected the couple. Do you you want to hear more, open you ears .....
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 12, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

The GS was at the wedding and some very top ranking leadership pf DeeperLife and that was the place where the leadership corrected the couple. Do you you want to hear more, open you ears .....

oh sssshhh, you have disgraced your church.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by dare2think: 9:57pm On Jul 12, 2013
Deeper_danNY:

Will you STFU and direct your post to the relevant person?

Was I the one lying and saying he was not there?
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 12, 2013
Legalism attempts to please God with man-made rules that are directly opposite to God’s saving grace in Christ. It is contrary to the principle of faith as it attempts to add to the work of the Cross by Law-like works and thus deny the sufficiency of Christ’s sacrifice. It undermines Christian assurance and joy and makes for a self-centred introspective spirituality.

Since it is spiritual and often respectable, it is subtle, deadly and dangerous. It is based on human pride in the obedience accomplished and in the works performed. It causes a man to adopt false priorities and values while at the same time he considers that he is growing in grace and holiness.

http://www.cultwatch.com/legalism.html
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 10:04pm On Jul 12, 2013
sheniqua:

Really
What Church does she attend? Love is also not a member of deeper life too Hahahaha ha YOu folks are funny
pastor Kumuyi's wife whose outfit is stylish and doesn't look like your typical deeper life style of old is also not a member of deeper life?BTW see that sister again at the wedding propeI would wear what she is wearingI would also wear What the pastor's wife is wearing

I said lady G standing next to brother J is not a member of DeeprLife and we presently not having a Church in the city where she resides. She is the same person with the traditional dress and I hope G you are not Sheniqua then I need to speak with you
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
we r nt allowd 2 use cap or hat,yet pas kumuyi's wife uses hats,women here ar nt alowd 2 use suit,yet she is using 1,hyprocrites!! wateva mde her diff 4rm d eva faithful former gs wife...rip Sis Abiodun Kumuyi! sad
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
m.esther96:
we r nt allowd 2 use cap or hat,yet pas kumuyi's wife uses hats,women here ar nt alowd 2 use suit,yet she is using 1,hyprocrites!! wateva mde her diff 4rm d eva faithful former gs wife...rip Sis Abiodun Kumuyi! sad

The next person for commendation and condemnation is Mama. OK o
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by mesther96(f): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Deeper_danNY: The next person for commendation and condemnation is Mama. OK o
wat is dz 1 saying?? mtchw
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 10:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
m.esther96:

Are you a member of deeper life?

You see what I am saying here?
Any rules not made by God will crumble with time
The watching of TV has proven that
The wearing of suits by men
The wearing of non turtle neck
Now hats and stylish suits are in
This wedding saga is not in vain,it is for a purpose
If Christ tarries,we will look back and see that John and Love Kumuyi started a trend that will forever change weddings in deeper life.
Let us watch and see

I know some die hards will think Kumuyi is slacking in the " holiness standard "
He is a man and just like us all,he is also a student in the things of God
God looks at the heart

@ Esther do not condemn the current GS wife
That is her style
Sister Biodun had her style,you copied her,now that there is a new First Lady in deeper life, you can also copy her style if you wish,the GS approves of it since you want his approval before deciding what to wear.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by DeeperdanNY: 11:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
sheniqua:

Are you a member of deeper life? You see what I am saying here? Any rules not made by God will crumble with time
The watching of TV has proven that The wearing of suits by men The wearing of non turtle neck [b]Now hats and stylish suits are in This wedding saga is not in vain,it is for a purpose If Christ tarries,we will look back and see that John and Love Kumuyi started a trend that will forever change weddings in deeper life. .

Shaniqua and mummy Esther (I guess you pick on GS wife name to deride her. Well done to both of you. Esther please staying in DeeperLife is not by force o. And Shaniqua you are free to make your Choice to come back or stay out there throwing stones. But one thing that might be more costly is to take a garb of wanting to return to come back to look for faults. We shall see how you can proceed to add to what you did in the past. Can you truly tarnish DeeperLife's name, I don't think so. Can you tarnish Pastor Kumuyi's reputation to pay him back for what you think he did to you guys in the past, Never! The Church of God is moving forward, the gates of hell shall never prevail against it
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 12:45am On Jul 13, 2013
sheniqua:

So why was Love's father taken out as national overseer in Jamaica after this wedding?
Your answer makes no sense,stop defending double standards.
I remember when deeper lifers condemned TV,that practice has changed
The men condemned suits initially ,that practice has also changed
They wouldn't wear jeans (I Cannot fathom why),I don't know if that has changed
They would punish fathers for the sins of their kids,you tell us that has also changed
If those things you once condemned are now being allowed,what does that tell you?
Those things were never sinful in the first place but doctrinal issues
One day,if Christ tarries,deeper life just like the Assemblies of God will relax it's doctrines on certain outward qualities ,when they realize just like the afore mentioned,that those things do not a true worshipper make.
God's standards do not change
i won't be so quick and assertive to say that Love's father was suspended or taken out. i'm not saying that he wasn't or that he was. But the only 'proof'i see(so far) to defend that statement is this thread. Its this same thread that says that the lady was putting on jewellery and that she permed her hair(two statements which might be exaggerated). Nonetheless, even if he was disciplined, that's deeper life leadership business, not mine, not yours. Every establishment has a right to hire and to fire. And not every church discipline is because of sin. Many decisions are purely administrative and permitted by God. These decisions do not in any way remove anyone's name from the book of life, neither are they eternal. They do not hinder any of the affected from fellowship with God and His people, neither do they hinder prayers, or giving or evangelism, or so many other important things that God is pleased that we do. It is a common thing in administrative decisions. i've seen a teacher sacked because of something that happened to one of her pupils. The teacher was not even there, and it was after school hours. i've seen a manager sacked because of one of his workers, i've heard of football coaches sacked because their players did not win(and the player continues to play in the club). i've seen an head of department sacked because one of his subordinates made a mistake(meanwhile the HOD was not even in the office when the mistake was made). There are many more examples of similar administrative decisions that are common place, so folks should simply stop straining at a gnat while they swallow camels elsewhere.
The church of God is a place where there is life, there has to be some flexibility. Rigidity is not a fruit of the Spirit. Most folks here are hypocrites who have changed viewpoints over severally in one year, but they insist that deeper life must be the way they know them forever.
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
God is most interested in our unity as believers, not necessarily in uniformity as good as that might be. Unfortunately, men want uniformity. Deeper looking at others as weird because they don't act like them and vice versa. All the (what you call) 'doctrines' of deeper life have been in sincerity, and in a willingness to please God, and be the best. And the more beautiful thing has been their circumspection(Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise) before doing new things, and their humility to change. These are two qualities many churches and christians do not have, sadly. It comes out today, they are already doing it tomorrow. That's not a good quality of a stranger, a pilgrim,a visitor. And sadder still is when something is clearly wrong but churches hold on to it forever and it becomes tradition. Life is constantly evolving and changing. TV is not what it used to be, neither is fashion. Most of what deeper life gives are actually the best advice they can give scripturally. But for you to call them standards, it means you do not know what standards are. Those are not God's standards, neither are they deeper life's standards. The standards are clear and unchanging, anywhere and anytime. Salvation standard remains the same, anywhere and time. The Bible teaching on Heaven, on Hell, on Judgement, on Baptism, on the inspiration of scriptures. These are the standards, these do not change anytime or anywhere. But to hold on to peskiness, talking about using TV, or using microphone, or using one cloth or gown, or using glass or wooden pulpit. Those ones are not standards. they are at best administrative decisions, and the Bible is very clear that there are different administrations. The whole church of God may not act the same way in such issues, and for all time. There is a time when church leadership has to be a jew to win the jews, be weak to gain the weak etc. There are stuff you tell one church that you cannot tell another but speak to them as babes. Its, not double standard, its divine wisdom unto salvation. The true standard remains unchanging.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Pygru: 1:52am On Jul 13, 2013
@ all, No further comments! angry angry angry

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 1:58am On Jul 13, 2013
One thing that remains pertinent than any argument and point to be made, is the coming of Christ. The important issue is, are you ready? Its easy to judge and criticize as evident, even those who do not believe in Jesus are here to run mouth and gnash teeth. But more important for professing believers, if Jesus is to come today, will you go with Him?
Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man traveling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

The Master has given His servants according to his several ability. It is not about double standard. Not all churches, locations, or believers have the same ability. Of course, we should cover EARNESTLY the best gifts, and the more excellent things(1Cor12 and Philippians1). It is same Master, different talents. And the Master will reward every one according to that. You will be examined according to your class. You can't have the same exams for SS1 and SS3. Its not for SS1 to forever remain in that class by the way, neither is it for SS3 to be complaining, jealous, and threaten to go to SS1. This is the way the Kingdom is like. And if you go and dig/lose your talent into the world, well, you know what happened to the man in that story.

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

This is another illustration of what is expected of christians who want to be ready for Jesus when He comes again. Jesus will reward them mainly based on how they treated Jesus'brethren i.e believers/the church. How did they treat Jesus'brethren?
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

When the brethren were hungry, they fed them. When they were thirsty and weak, they took care of them. When they were naked, they clothed them. What i see here are people who are taking joy in dissecting and breaking down the sheep. People looking for how to show the world the faults of God's children, an opportunity to mock and deride. Folks who do not care, and would probably be more satisfied if many people leave a church or if something bad happens to their shepherd. This is not the Bible love.
Pro 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
Pro 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
1Pe 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

This is what Bible calls love. That even if brethren have sinned, you are not gloating over it or seeking to n.aked them, like its a lifetime opportunity that you have been waiting for to present itself. This is what Christ will reward at His coming, and many people here are seriously failing the exam. They will ask in that day, When did we see you n.aked,or thirsty, or wounded or sick. Hopefully, folks will repent, or just silently mind their own business.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by sheniqua: 4:05am On Jul 13, 2013
Image123:
i won't be so quick and assertive to say that Love's father was suspended or taken out. i'm not saying that he wasn't or that he was. But the only 'proof'i see(so far) to defend that statement is this thread. Its this same thread that says that the lady was putting on jewellery and that she permed her hair(two statements which might be exaggerated). Nonetheless, even if he was disciplined, that's deeper life leadership business, not mine, not yours. Every establishment has a right to hire and to fire. And not every church discipline is because of sin. Many decisions are purely administrative and permitted by God. These decisions do not in any way remove anyone's name from the book of life, neither are they eternal. They do not hinder any of the affected from fellowship with God and His people, neither do they hinder prayers, or giving or evangelism, or so many other important things that God is pleased that we do. It is a common thing in administrative decisions. i've seen a teacher sacked because of something that happened to one of her pupils. The teacher was not even there, and it was after school hours. i've seen a manager sacked because of one of his workers, i've heard of football coaches sacked because their players did not win(and the player continues to play in the club). i've seen an head of department sacked because one of his subordinates made a mistake(meanwhile the HOD was not even in the office when the mistake was made). There are many more examples of similar administrative decisions that are common place, so folks should simply stop straining at a gnat while they swallow camels elsewhere.
[size=18pt]The church of God is a place where there is life, there has to be some flexibility. Rigidity is not a fruit of the Spirit[/size]. Most folks here are hypocrites who have changed viewpoints over severally in one year, but they insist that deeper life must be the way they know them forever.
Mat 23:4 For they bind heavy burdens and grievous to be borne, and lay them on men's shoulders; but they themselves will not move them with one of their fingers.
[size=18pt]God is most interested in our unity as believers, not necessarily in uniformity as good as that might be. Unfortunately, men want uniformity. Deeper looking at others as weird because they don't act like them and vice versa. All the (what you call) 'doctrines' of deeper life have been in sincerity, and in a willingness to please God, and be the best[/size]. And the more beautiful thing has been their circumspection(Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise) before doing new things, and their humility to change. These are two qualities many churches and christians do not have, sadly. It comes out today, they are already doing it tomorrow. That's not a good quality of a stranger, a pilgrim,a visitor. And sadder still is when something is clearly wrong but churches hold on to it forever and it becomes tradition. [size=18pt]Life is constantly evolving and changing. TV is not what it used to be, neither is fashion.[/size] Most of what deeper life gives are actually the best advice they can give scripturally. But for you to call them standards, it means you do not know what standards are. [size=18pt]Those are not God's standards, neither are they deeper life's standards. The standards are clear and unchanging, anywhere and anytime. Salvation standard remains the same, anywhere and time[/size]. The Bible teaching on Heaven, on Hell, on Judgement, on Baptism, on the inspiration of scriptures. These are the standards, these do not change anytime or anywhere. But to hold on to peskiness, talking about using TV, or using microphone, or using one cloth or gown, or using glass or wooden pulpit. Those ones are not standards. they are at best administrative decisions, and the Bible is very clear that there are different administrations. The whole church of God may not act the same way in such issues, and for all time. There is a time when church leadership has to be a jew to win the jews, be weak to gain the weak etc. There are stuff you tell one church that you cannot tell another but speak to them as babes. Its, not double standard, its divine wisdom unto salvation. The true standard remains unchanging.

So we do agree finally?
Isn't that the same things I have written here all along and Oladeegbu has called me names like permissive and jezebellian and hell bound and whatever judgmental crap he chooses to label fellow children of God,called into the same family of God he professes to be part of.
Praise be to God that not all deeper lifers buy into that doctrine of hate.
You have not said anything different from my post you quoted.
God's qualifications for those who are his remain the same,whatever we use or drop as our individual church doctrine cannot change that.
They will know we are Christians by our love ( not by our denominations)
God bless.
I agree wholeheartedly with your post above most especially the parts I highlighted.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 5:29am On Jul 13, 2013
m.esther96:

Please let us be careful . Nobody stops a DLfer from putting on hat in Nigeria or elsewhere . The problem I see is that some leaders under him have simply refused to change ! They continue to enslave their members in the name of righteousness . In some regions today , if you use hat as a woman , some members there will see you as a sinner . Can you imagine that ? Students in DL secondary school use hat . Who will say they cannot use hats thereafter ? Methink the level of exposure , poor reading habit or lack of it , level of understanding is a serious issue that has to be dealt with in DL. It is also important that leaders from a particular level upwards should go for management training outside the church to learn how to lead people and not see them as just numbers and tools again !
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by joiam: 5:40am On Jul 13, 2013
sheniqua:

Are you a member of deeper life?

You see what I am saying here?
Any rules not made by God will crumble with time
The watching of TV has proven that
The wearing of suits by men
The wearing of non turtle neck
Now hats and stylish suits are in
This wedding saga is not in vain,it is for a purpose
If Christ tarries,we will look back and see that John and Love Kumuyi started a trend that will forever change weddings in deeper life.
Let us watch and see

I know some die hards will think Kumuyi is slacking in the " holiness standard "
He is a man and just like us all,he is also a student in the things of God
God looks at the heart

@ Esther do not condemn the current GS wife
That is her style
Sister Biodun had her style,you copied her,now that there is a new First Lady in deeper life, you can also copy her style if you wish,the GS approves of it since you want his approval before deciding what to wear.

Thank you for this piece . Has anybody bothered to even ask whether the styles were from heaven or just what a particular
person likes ? Those women put on what they liked that is not offensive to God ! So a member does not have to copy someone's style just because she is a leader but only because you like her style or else you become a slave to that person's likes and dislikes ! A member is free to put on any style as long as it follows principles of Christian dressing . Pastor Kumuyi , from his messages I have heard have mentioned these things over and over but his leaders who are trapped by religion would have none of that and would also not want wiser members to be free either ! May God help His Church !

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:54pm On Jul 13, 2013
Image123:

The church of God is a place where there is life, there has to be some flexibility. Rigidity is not a fruit of the Spirit. Most folks here are hypocrites who have changed viewpoints over severally in one year, but they insist that deeper life must be the way they know them forever.
God is most interested in our unity as believers, not necessarily in uniformity as good as that might be. Unfortunately, men want uniformity. Deeper looking at others as weird because they don't act like them and vice versa. All the (what you call) 'doctrines' of deeper life have been in sincerity, and in a willingness to please God, and be the best. And the more beautiful thing has been their circumspection(Eph 5:15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise) before doing new things, and their humility to change. These are two qualities many churches and christians do not have, sadly. It comes out today, they are already doing it tomorrow. That's not a good quality of a stranger, a pilgrim,a visitor. And sadder still is when something is clearly wrong but churches hold on to it forever and it becomes tradition. Life is constantly evolving and changing. TV is not what it used to be, neither is fashion. Most of what deeper life gives are actually the best advice they can give scripturally. But for you to call them standards, it means you do not know what standards are. Those are not God's standards, neither are they deeper life's standards. The standards are clear and unchanging, anywhere and anytime. Salvation standard remains the same, anywhere and time. The Bible teaching on Heaven, on Hell, on Judgement, on Baptism, on the inspiration of scriptures. These are the standards, these do not change anytime or anywhere. But to hold on to peskiness, talking about using TV, or using microphone, or using one cloth or gown, or using glass or wooden pulpit. Those ones are not standards. they are at best administrative decisions, and the Bible is very clear that there are different administrations. The whole church of God may not act the same way in such issues, and for all time. There is a time when church leadership has to be a jew to win the jews, be weak to gain the weak etc. There are stuff you tell one church that you cannot tell another but speak to them as babes. Its, not double standard, its divine wisdom unto salvation. The true standard remains unchanging.

Salient points made here. Good job. wink
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:55pm On Jul 13, 2013
Image123:

One thing that remains pertinent than any argument and point to be made, is the coming of Christ. The important issue is, are you ready? Its easy to judge and criticize as evident, even those who do not believe in Jesus are here to run mouth and gnash teeth. But more important for professing believers, if Jesus is to come today, will you go with Him?
Mat 25:14 For the kingdom of heaven is as a man traveling into a far country, who called his own servants, and delivered unto them his goods.
Mat 25:15 And unto one he gave five talents, to another two, and to another one; to every man according to his several ability; and straightway took his journey.

The Master has given His servants according to his several ability. It is not about double standard. Not all churches, locations, or believers have the same ability. Of course, we should cover EARNESTLY the best gifts, and the more excellent things(1Cor12 and Philippians1). It is same Master, different talents. And the Master will reward every one according to that. You will be examined according to your class. You can't have the same exams for SS1 and SS3. Its not for SS1 to forever remain in that class by the way, neither is it for SS3 to be complaining, jealous, and threaten to go to SS1. This is the way the Kingdom is like. And if you go and dig/lose your talent into the world, well, you know what happened to the man in that story.

Mat 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

This is another illustration of what is expected of christians who want to be ready for Jesus when He comes again. Jesus will reward them mainly based on how they treated Jesus'brethren i.e believers/the church. How did they treat Jesus'brethren?
Mat 25:37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee hungry, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
Mat 25:38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
Mat 25:39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

When the brethren were hungry, they fed them. When they were thirsty and weak, they took care of them. When they were naked, they clothed them. What i see here are people who are taking joy in dissecting and breaking down the sheep. People looking for how to show the world the faults of God's children, an opportunity to mock and deride. Folks who do not care, and would probably be more satisfied if many people leave a church or if something bad happens to their shepherd. This is not the Bible love.
Pro 10:12 Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins.
Pro 17:9 He that covereth a transgression seeketh love; but he that repeateth a matter separateth very friends.
1Pe 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.

This is what Bible calls love. That even if brethren have sinned, you are not gloating over it or seeking to n.aked them, like its a lifetime opportunity that you have been waiting for to present itself. This is what Christ will reward at His coming, and many people here are seriously failing the exam. They will ask in that day, When did we see you n.aked,or thirsty, or wounded or sick. Hopefully, folks will repent, or just silently mind their own business.

Food for thought.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by truthislight: 1:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
In all, who tells this people what to do ?
God or men ?

"Howbeit, in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. " (Mark 7:7-8 ).

Same old rubbish the pherisees did and landed in trouble.

Teaching commandments of men as doctrine.

Smh for them.

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
debbleopto:

by your leanings, is it true that your name is also frosbabel. what do u understand by what Jesus said in John 17 "if you are of the world, the world would love it's. own " You are all ignorant of what actually is going on. In 2006, pastor kumuyi mentioned it in the message that the father will no longer bear the discipline for the offense of the children. So the practice has stopped since then. The other g.o. discipline is based on negligence as overseer to monitor the sheepfold as to prevent going astray. I know that all of you are youth, even if you are 40 years. so the youthful exuberance is traced in all your reasonning. But wait, as much u can argue have you prepared for eternity? look at how God took it serious with Moses that he couldn't get to Cannan. Do you think you, I mean you with this your present state of spirituality you can enter heaven and live with tri-holy God? Jesus Christ said "strive to enter into the kingdom, for many shall seek to enter and shall not be able to enter" will he say to you "depart from me, ye that work iniquity, I never knew you.

Thanks for juggling my memory. Do you by any chance remember the title of the message that was preached in 2006? It was revealed to him then that satan capitalised on it to hinder ministers of God.
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Image123(m): 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Salient points made here. Good job. wink
ohh sirrr, thank you.
i just go one deeper wedding today BTW.
satan has failed again.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Image123:

ohh sirrr, thank you.
i just go one deeper wedding today BTW.
satan has failed again.

It is well in the well my brother. cheesy
Re: Kumuyi Offers To Resign Over Son's Wedding Controversy by Belexy95: 4:04pm On Jul 13, 2013
It appears majority of d deeper lifers on dis thread are those dat joined d church btw yr 2K n now. They virtualy kws little abt d church. U argue on some stuffs u are nt sure abt. There's notin wrong in askin ur pastors some doctrinal issues. Pls,dnt come up here n vent ur ignorance of d church doctrines as wel as scriptures.tanx!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Adeboye Inscribes Redeem Logo On New $65m Private Jet!!! / Share Your Experience With Fetish Friends, Neighbor, Landlord, Co-worker Etc / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.