Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,443 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. (29899 Views)

I Bet, U Dont Know You Are TRYPOPHOBIC!! / Would You Still Be Nigerian If: / You Know You Are An Americanized Nigerian If You Now Say: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by fakulty(m): 8:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
rest room/convenience instead of latrine
i beg your pardon instead of na me u dey abuse
social gathering instead of "o wa nbe"/party
cologne instead of perfume
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by gothrones(m): 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
ITbomb: When pronouncing 'anti-clockwise'
you say 'antai-clockwise'
instead of 'antii-clockwise'

Not true. Some Americans pronounce it as an-tahy, while others pronounce it as an-tee; and both are valid. See the pronunciation key on:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/anti
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
Braids instead of Bob Marley
Grocery store instead of Balogun market
Clothing store instead of boutique
Highway/freeway instead of express
"Go to the movies" instead of "go to the cinema"
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
dayumm kanu instead of dayokanu

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:09pm On Jul 12, 2013
fakulty: rest room/convenience instead of latrine
i beg your pardon instead of na me u dey abuse
social gathering instead of "o wa nbe"/party
cologne instead of perfume
Latrine ke? Dats posh! Na "shalanga". grin

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by fakulty(m): 8:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
sachet water instead of pure water/poor water
bottled water instead of ragolis water

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by 3ace(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
delors:
Price of garri has increased....Dem no get money buy again so their head never wake up.
oh, I see. What a pity.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
milky@:

no joor, it is 'pata' not paiyint
olodo

And you are ? undecided

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by kunlefox(m): 8:11pm On Jul 12, 2013
shymexx:

Boi, still trying to find out when "American" became a language. Those mofos speak a bootleg version of the English language. I was expecting words like: airplane, condo, chapstick, check, parking lot, the movies, parentheses etc..

Exactly...and them American just literalized the English words, nothing else...words like sidewalk, Railroad, counter-clockwise, Parking lot, and them words you've written.

They didn't change words with the Anti, Multi prefix..it's just pronounced differently.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
adaobi123:

And you are ? undecided
Lmao! Attitude!!! grin
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
Deodorant instead of sure

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
You forgot,
Fart instead of mess
Puke instead of vomit
Diss instead ignore/snub
Reek instead of smell/stink
Dude instead of guy/o boy
Fooling around. Instead of jonzing
A Slacker instead of a lazy person
A tip off instead of hint
Give me a hand, instead of help me
A strecth instead of limousine

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by dayokanu(m): 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
lucenzo: dayumm kanu instead of dayokanu

Lucenzo instead of oluseso
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
adaobi123: Deodorant instead of sure
haba, nobody says sure, it is called roll-on tongue
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
Damn instead of nawa oooo

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jul 12, 2013
ItsModella:
haba, nobody says sure, they call it roll-on tongue

Really ? My aunties do grin tongue
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Esinwaju: 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Mothafuka instead of oloriburuku

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Idowuogbo(f): 8:15pm On Jul 12, 2013
Esin waju: Mothafuka instead of oloriburuku
Lwkmd! grin

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jul 12, 2013
penalty instead of penarity

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by pingpong1: 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Verizon Wireless instead of MTN

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
voodoo instead of juju

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
Cream/lotion instead of pomade
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by sogah: 8:19pm On Jul 12, 2013
'Hey dude!' instead of 'chairman!" smiley

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jul 12, 2013
bottom instead of nyansh

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by pingpong1: 8:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Noodles instead of Indomie

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by pingpong1: 8:24pm On Jul 12, 2013
Soccer instead of Football
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by pingpong1: 8:26pm On Jul 12, 2013
Bribe instead of wetin you carry?
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by pingpong1: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Hommie instead of my guy
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
What's the problem instead of see me see wahala
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by emflex(m): 8:32pm On Jul 12, 2013
Bin Laden instead of Abu KaKa
Chris Rock instead of I go Dye
Tuxedo instead of Coat

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by 25Calibre(m): 8:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
ping pong: Soccer instead of Football

That is only in America, to the rest of the world, there is only one real football which is soccer.

America has their own very brute version of football that was borrowed from rugby.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by PetDancer(f): 8:36pm On Jul 12, 2013
kcjazz:
Woraa instead of Water

Compuraa instead of Computer

Movie instead of film

Fart instead of Mess

Tip instead bribe tongue
i don die 4 laugh o.woraa,compuraa...hahahaha

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Python Nigerian Soldiers Killed Today / 10 Most Precious Gemstones / Photos Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.