Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:34 AM

You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. (29918 Views)

I Bet, U Dont Know You Are TRYPOPHOBIC!! / Would You Still Be Nigerian If: / You Know You Are An Americanized Nigerian If You Now Say: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Blueboy0402: 9:51pm On Jul 12, 2013
ItsModella:
haba, nobody says sure, it is called roll-on tongue
Kai!! una no go kill person wit laff for nairaland. Sorry I cant write that in "Americanised English"

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
Republican Party instead of APC

FEC instead of INEC

"My bad" instead of "no vex"

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Zico0(m): 10:03pm On Jul 12, 2013
La-di-da instead of shakara
freshman instead of fresher
sophomore instead of 200l student
college instead of university
transcript instead of report card
cab instead of taksi/kabu kabu
hail a cab instead of stop one motto
alight instead of come down
chess instead of draft
move out of the way instead of leave the road
breakfast/dinner instead of morning food/night food
pyjamas instead of sleeping cloth
do the dishes instead wash the plates
barbershop instead of barbing saloon
department of treasury instead of ministry of finance
federal reserve bank instead of central bank
county instead of local govt. area

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Lakayanah: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
tellwisdom: Please what will i gain reading this?? sad
commot for road.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by gigtom: 10:07pm On Jul 12, 2013
cigarette instead of cigar
marijuana instead of igbo
prostitute instead of asewo/ olosho
uncle instead of bros
kanye west instead of Dagrin

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Aedesmuskeeto: 10:08pm On Jul 12, 2013
dayokanu: EYE-RAQ instead of HE-RAQ(Iraq)
grin grin grin
The first day i heard obama say this shit, i was like WTF is eye-raq?
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by rabbit13467: 10:12pm On Jul 12, 2013
check instead of cheque
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Curb instead of culvert.

Lieutenant Governor instead of Deputy Governor

Roster instead of squad

Track and field instead of Athletics

Athletic trainer instead of physio

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Sirnokiopee(m): 10:22pm On Jul 12, 2013
Esin waju: Mothafuka instead of oloriburuku

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.... God save you say my fart/mess no smell (mistakenly drop some drone while laughing) you bleeping crack my ribs

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Esinwaju: 10:23pm On Jul 12, 2013
'you're cramping my style' instead of 'you dey fall my hand' '1mbecile' instead of 'dindinrin'

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by lawizle(m): 10:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
Puss.y instead of to.to..

3 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Waspy(m): 10:34pm On Jul 12, 2013
See them... WANNABEs.... They all want to feel among, even those that have F9 in Eng and those in Otuoke village .. Get ur self-esteems up abeg..... They all, even know the Arabic and Asian lingos and yet they can't pass Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa in their SSCE without mercheneries..... Live ur life, you only have 1!!! SMH.
crySee them... WANNABEs.... They all want to feel among, even those that have F9 in Eng and those in Otuoke village .. Get ur self-esteems up abeg..... They all, even know the Arabic and Asian lingos and yet they can't pass Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa in their SSCE without mercheneries..... Live ur life, you only have 1!!! SMH.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by readonenaire(m): 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Lwkmd! grin
ahhnn nah... Wetin I go piss for pata ohh cheesy =))
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Dammysk(f): 10:35pm On Jul 12, 2013
Concrete differs from cement jor! Two diff tinz entirely!
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by azpekuliar: 10:44pm On Jul 12, 2013
In addition;

You prefer 'Miles per Hour' to 'Kilometers per Hour'.

You prefer 'Trunk' to 'boot'.

You prefer 'hood' to 'bonnet'.

You prefer 'Hooker' to 'Ashawo' or 'Prostitute'

You prefer 'College' to 'University'.

You prefer 'doing time' to 'inside prison'.

You prefer 'O ma gawd!' to 'Jesus!' or ' 'Chineke!'

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Unkl(m): 11:10pm On Jul 12, 2013
Lol
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by deinmaafie(f): 11:13pm On Jul 12, 2013
guy bone, I still prefer the naija own. I rep naija till infinity cool
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by abujalapdog(m): 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
"Soda" instead of "Minerals"

most suitable is pop instead of all of the above
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by MrMann1(m): 11:18pm On Jul 12, 2013
Cum instead of release
Mobile instead of Fone

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jul 12, 2013
abujalapdog: "Soda" instead of "Minerals"

most suitable is pop instead of all of the above

Its "coke" in the south tongue

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Beey(f): 11:28pm On Jul 12, 2013
At the restaurant when you order they ask?Do u want for here or or to go, instead of take-away. Ketchup instead of tomatosauce.Will u give me a ride instead of lift.Flip-flops instead of slippers.Liquor instead of beer.Vehicle instead of car.I went to the store instead of shop.Gas instead of petrol.Bathroom instead of toilet/ladies or gents room.

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by ini4brandon(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2013
trekkie: ha ha grin funny
did not know wife beater is singlet. grin
me too o! confam omo naija
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Skmoda360(m): 12:12am On Jul 13, 2013
Lol
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by ini4brandon(m): 12:14am On Jul 13, 2013
me too o! sha,dis confirms my OMO NAIJA status.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by PStacks(m): 12:43am On Jul 13, 2013
I be Omo naija and I'm gon remain an omo naija for life, I don't need to Americanise..
Omo naija ni
Naija ni wan ti bi mi
Naija ni mo ti behre sini ka A B C.
Omo naija
Mio maga mio mugu..
Ti wan ba ri mi,
Wa'n ni pe o boy se u be Igbo, se u be Anambara abi u be Imo ..
Ma fi ye wan pe, I be omo - ogun
Am a soldier Boy, they call me AKOGUN.

You guys can Americanise all you want, we must c to this "One-Naija"

Long live the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by CALLMESTAR(f): 1:15am On Jul 13, 2013
25Calibre:

That is only in America, to the rest of the world, there is only one real football which is soccer.

America has their own very brute version of football that was borrowed from rugby.
Here in Canada they say soccer too. angry
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by dayokanu(m): 1:30am On Jul 13, 2013
Medication instead drugs/melesin

Trick instead of Ashawo

Mad instead of vex?

You mad? instead of you dey vex?

Aint tripping instead of "I no dey vex"

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by addicted268(f): 2:16am On Jul 13, 2013
ITbomb: When pronouncing 'anti-clockwise'
you say 'antai-clockwise'
instead of 'antii-clockwise'
So true.I hear that a lot.then when pronouncing Iraq(e-raq),they say "airaq";same with "itinerary",they say "aitenerary".
Others:"oops" instead of "chei"
;"ouch" instead of "aaaaaaaaahhhh";"duh" instead of "ntooor gi";"jeeez" instead of "chinekeme/osanobua lahor";"damn" instead of "oooooooooooh God!"
Anyway @op,I'm a Nigerianized Nigerian! cheesy

1 Like

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by adeduchess(f): 2:40am On Jul 13, 2013
When u say faucet instead of tap,
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by Nobody: 2:51am On Jul 13, 2013
'End line' instead of 'goal-line'

'Out of bounds' instead of 'out of play'

'Over-time' instead of 'extra time'.
Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by SimplyAlfy: 3:23am On Jul 13, 2013
Ur crazy bro! Rotflmao, men!.This came when i was having a really bad time, thanx man. U forgot
laundry instead of wash cloth
take a shower instead of baff
snitch instead of amebo
take a hike instead of ''abeg waka''.
Yea yea instead of eeehn.I try didn't i,i mean abi.

2 Likes

Re: You Know You Are An "Americanized" Nigerian If You Say Any Of These.. by delors(m): 3:31am On Jul 13, 2013
Idi Amin: bros, I have the two accounts in bank of america. Though I use one debit card for the two, I use chequebook for chequing and savings booklet for my savings account. Cash is moved from chequing acc.to savings every month at a customer's order. undecided
Yeah. Its like that in Canada. I use scotiaBank. whenever u paying at stores or whatever, most of the time, you pay from ur chequing accounts. Kinda serves as savings account here. The Savings serves the purpose of Nigerian current account...like u deposit ur money there n leave it for a long time...something like dat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of The Python Nigerian Soldiers Killed Today / 10 Most Precious Gemstones / Photos Of The Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.