Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter (12134 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by MAYOWAAK: 10:06am On Jul 10, 2013
Segun Adeniyi wrote on March 2nd, 1997 in his weekly column, The Verdict According to Olusegun Adeniyi, then published in The Sunday Concord newspaper: "While Saraki is neither the Chairman nor Secretary of the CNC, his word is law just because he holds the nebulous title of a 'National Leader'. He calls meeting and issues statements on behalf of the party most often without recourse to the Chairman, Dr. Abel Ubeku. He has been able to do this because he supplies the funds for running the party." My take: Won't be wise to erase Saraki and write Tinubu, erase CNC and insert ACN, then erase Dr. Abel Ubeku and put Bisi Akande. Try it and you will see that the statement is still valid even now. The Progressives!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 10, 2013
tomakint:
Despite your political leanings and that of Jarus and Gbawe I am shocked you guys are still comparing Nigerian politics to that of United States and what obtained in European countries! So in ur wild dreams, a Tinubu-controlled party is the real deal for our 'emancipation' now, exactly the way Lagos has been 'liberated' huh undecided like I will always say, it's a free world!
Tomakint,

What exactly is ur point ?

Why do you think we don't need APC in this dispensation ?

Why should PDP remain the only dominant party in the polity of over 160million people ?

Do u think APC emerged at the inappropriate time simply cuz of ur love for GEJ/PDP ?

What do Nigerians stand to lose from the emergence of APC ?

How much disadvantaged would average Nigerian as a result of Mega-Competition between APC and PDP ?

How do U think we are gonna ''emancipate'' under PDP without equal competition from APC ?

What is the way forward in your own view with PDP but without APC ?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Kindly answer these questions one after the other for Objectivity and Clarity's sake !!!

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: APC is PDP's Refusebin, we all know that and we keep quiet and allow these mafioso to conglomerate with their 'no manifesto' ideology. I expect an opposition that is a clean break from the PDP, but that opposition is not APC, it is yet to come cos the worst of PDP and ejaculated arrogant personalities of other parties aggrieved by a biased sharing formula almost always get a standing ovation when they meander into the alliances of APC. Which makes APC worst that ceasepit. What can a party whose founding members are publicly known coup'e plotters and fraudulent acquirers do for the common Nigerians on the street ? The answer is nothing. I have no single sleepless moments, cos I know APC as a party will go the same way that APC the aspirin went.

Fresher Air come 2015 - Join the winning team, losers are always losers. It is written, So shall it be. Amen!
Aliko Dangote wannabe, what happened to your old moniker? another killer member displaying his foolishness. smh. cry
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 10:18am On Jul 10, 2013
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: APC is PDP's Refusebin, we all know that and we keep quiet and allow these mafioso to conglomerate with their 'no manifesto' ideology. I expect an opposition that is a clean break from the PDP, but that opposition is not APC, it is yet to come cos the worst of PDP and ejaculated arrogant personalities of other parties aggrieved by a biased sharing formula almost always get a standing ovation when they meander into the alliances of APC. Which makes APC worst that ceasepit. What can a party whose founding members are publicly known coup'e plotters and fraudulent acquirers do for the common Nigerians on the street ? The answer is nothing. I have no single sleepless moments, cos I know APC as a party will go the same way that APC the aspirin went.

Fresher Air come 2015 - Join the winning team, losers are always losers. It is written, So shall it be. Amen!
Yes and Yeah, let's give the refusebin a chance and see whether they have a change of Mentality against the business as usual style of PDP !!!

And your immaculate Aristocrats have boycotted politics and I do not see it a bigdeal if few leaders with reshaped Ideology,Progressives, who felt enough is Enough and are ready to salvage the remnant of our polity shouldn't be given chance or be heard !!!

Therefore,Dude, e no matter how much U tend to discredit APC, it has come to stay and make PDP run like a people's party or Phased out !!!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Paschal360: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2013
PointB: Fortunately, we know how this is all going to end.

Some people will waist their time and money, and come back to bite their fingers. Their principal will first descend on dogs and baboons, soaking them in thick blood, after which he will go to court.

When the court process is over, confirming him yet again as a serial loser, he will weep profusely. He will rave and rant at every given opportunity, establishing himself as nothing more than a sectional leader. This has been the story of Gen Buhari of ANPP, CPC. And that will be his fate in the APC, without any iota of doubt.

Nigerians know that APC is nothing but a 'power grab' initiative of Tinubu, who is preying on Northern 'born-to-rule' sentiment, and will respond accordingly when the time come.

So let these goons continue to waste their time and money on Tinubu and his schemes!
So on point.

I'm not even following this thread. Goodluck y'all! grin
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 10:42am On Jul 10, 2013
donroxy: Yes and Yeah, let's give the refusebin a chance and see whether they have a change of Mentality against the business as usual style of PDP !!!

And your immaculate Aristocrats have boycotted politics and I do not see it a bigdeal if few leaders with reshaped Ideology,Progressives, who felt enough is Enough and are ready to salvage the remnant of our polity shouldn't be given chance or be heard !!!

Therefore,Dude, e no matter how much U tend to discredit APC, it has come to stay and make PDP run like a people's party or Phased out !!!
Gbam

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Meritbaba(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2013
Where I dey since?...SAI APC
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by fkaz(m): 10:58am On Jul 10, 2013
I don port be dat
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 11:06am On Jul 10, 2013
Obiagelli:
Gbam
smiley Don't mind them, let 'em come in to hear am !!!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by tomakint: 11:36am On Jul 10, 2013
donroxy: Tomakint,

Why should PDP remain the only dominant party in the polity of over 160million people ?

Do u think APC emerged at the inappropriate time simply cuz of ur love for GEJ/PDP ?

How much disadvantaged would average Nigerian as a result of Mega-Competition between APC and PDP ?

How do U think we are gonna ''emancipate'' under PDP without equal competition from APC ?

Kindly answer these questions one after the other for Objectivity and Clarity's sake !!!
I thought we've passed through this road before and we both had a gentleman's agreement on my position regarding what I believed in partisan politics which is not my fancy! Don I have been objective enough with you! Jonathan need 6 more years to finish his good works and that he will accomplish! If AD/ACN had been in charge of Lagos since 1999 and Lagos is still in that state, then if you are a true political analyst, you will know that if APC succeeds with the calibre of politicians in its fold then the political future of this contraption can only be more gloomy because of divergent views from these desperate strange bed fellows. Leave it or take it, PDP is still more politically organized than the APC you guys are trying hard to sell! My political view has been 'a blend of rightist and leftist standpoint' and this is what Jonathan has shaped PDP to be!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by PointB: 11:41am On Jul 10, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Segun Adeniyi wrote on March 2nd, 1997 in his weekly column, The Verdict According to Olusegun Adeniyi, then published in The Sunday Concord newspaper: "While Saraki Tinubu is neither the Chairman nor Secretary of the CNC, his word is law just because he holds the nebulous title of a 'National Leader'. He calls meeting and issues statements on behalf of the party most often without recourse to the Chairman, Dr. Abel Ubeku Bisi Akande. He has been able to do this because he supplies the funds for running the party." [s]My take: Won't be wise to erase Saraki and write Tinubu, erase CNC and insert ACN, then erase Dr. Abel Ubeku and put Bisi Akande. Try it and you will see that the statement is still valid even now. The Progressives![/s]

Fixed.
And like you suggested, makes perfect sense. History has a way of repeating itself!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 12:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by talkmarkay(m): 12:33pm On Jul 10, 2013
I'M in for APC........ I cant wait till 2015, am going to start my door to door campaing from now.
By the grace of God Nigeria is going to be great come from 2015.. AMEN
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Katsumoto: 1:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
tomakint:
Despite your political leanings and that of Jarus and Gbawe I am shocked you guys are still comparing Nigerian politics to that of United States and what obtained in European countries! So in ur wild dreams, a Tinubu-controlled party is the real deal for our 'emancipation' now, exactly the way Lagos has been 'liberated' huh undecided like I will always say, it's a free world!

What is my political leaning? If you mean anti-PDP/failure, then you are correct. In any case, ACN being merged with other parties will give some balance to the party and provide a much needed opposition to the failure PDP. I don't understand why it is so difficult to understand that a solid opposition is always good for democracy. In what post did someone make comparisons between Nigerian politics and western nation politics?

Your PDP led government has been in power since 1999 and in that time, Nigeria has become more factional, a symptom of the failures of PDP. Corruption, Nepotism, brigandry are on the rise. Nelson Mandela is being treated in a hospital in SA but all PDP leaders, presidents and their wives, governors and their wives, etc are all still flying overseas for treatment. GEJ is building new universities when existing ones are decaying, lecturers are on strike. PDP democracy is equal to 16 being greater than 19 (NGF), 16 outvoting 19 (OGUN), 5 outvoting 27 (Rivers).

I mean, aren't you guys ashamed of your failures? Don't you get sickened by the rot in the system and the concomitant stench? I suppose you wouldn't mind as long as some bread crumbs are getting to you. I maintain that the only folks who wholeheartedly support PDP are
1. Those from the same region as GEJ
2. Those who are paid aka Reno, insincere 9gerian, Mr no shame (Abati), ever-present liar (Okupe)
3. Those who benefit from cronyism ala deziani
4. Those who have been fooled by lies about the opposition

which one are you Tomakint?

5 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 1:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
I must really praise the tenacity of APC. They have one of the most avid publicists which makes it seem like the party is gaining ground immensely but that's not the case. I see APC doing better than the last time(ACN, CPC etc) but it won't be enough to oust PDP. But i hope PDP is ousted but not by APC. As it stands there's no credible alternative to PDP. ACN and PDP are one and the same.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva: I must really praise the tenacity of APC. They have one of the most avid publicists which makes it seem like the party is gaining ground immensely but that's not the case. I see APC doing better than the last time(ACN, CPC etc) but it won't be enough to oust PDP. But i hope PDP is ousted but not by APC. As it stands there's no credible alternative to PDP. ACN and PDP are one and the same.

Where will the votes to keep GEJ in power come from?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 1:31pm On Jul 10, 2013
Aigbofa:

Where will the votes to keep GEJ in power come from?
Where did it come from in 2011? The same people who voted Jonathan in 2011 will most likely do it again. Jonathan won through the votes he got from the SE/SS, the middlebelt and some parts of the SW.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Where did it come from in 2011? The same people who voted Jonathan in 2011 will most likely do it again. Jonathan won through the votes he got from the SE/SS, the middlebelt and some parts of the SW.

As long as there is no rigging that is fine, but the outlook is not looking great for the PDP as far as I am concerned.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Aigbofa:

As long as there is no rigging that is fine, but the outlook is not looking great for the PDP as far as I am concerned.
Can you explain the bolded?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Sai APC 2015!

All haters should go jump into the lagoon.

Duh!! tongue tongue grin

To hell with the killer party!

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by honeric01(m): 1:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva: I must really praise the tenacity of APC. They have one of the most avid publicists which makes it seem like the party is gaining ground immensely but that's not the case. I see APC doing better than the last time(ACN, CPC etc) but it won't be enough to oust PDP. But i hope PDP is ousted but not by APC. As it stands there's no credible alternative to PDP. ACN and PDP are one and the same.

Small minded statement, if APC won't oust PDP, is it Afam4afam's party that is going to? apart from APC, is there any party that's close in terms of might and resource as PDP? which party in your own book can wrestle power from PDP? angry

BTW, even twin are not one and the same, it's only childish to say APC and PDP are the same! embarassed

Ok,lets toll your line, APC can't dislodge PDP, so we should all go to bed?

2 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by tomakint: 1:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
Katsumoto:

What is my political leaning? If you mean anti-PDP/failure, then you are correct. In any case, ACN being merged with other parties will give some balance to the party and provide a much needed opposition to the failure PDP. I don't understand why it is so difficult to understand that a solid opposition is always good for democracy. In what post did someone make comparisons between Nigerian politics and western nation politics?

Your PDP led government has been in power since 1999 and in that time, Nigeria has become more factional, a symptom of the failures of PDP. Corruption, Nepotism, brigandry are on the rise. Nelson Mandela is being treated in a hospital in SA but all PDP leaders, presidents and their wives, governors and their wives, etc are all still flying overseas for treatment. GEJ is building new universities when existing ones are decaying, lecturers are on strike. PDP democracy is equal to 16 being greater than 19 (NGF), 16 outvoting 19 (OGUN), 5 outvoting 27 (Rivers).

I mean, aren't you guys ashamed of your failures? Don't you get sickened by the rot in the system and the concomitant stench? I suppose you wouldn't mind as long as some bread crumbs are getting to you. I maintain that the only folks who wholeheartedly support PDP are
1. Those from the same region as GEJ
2. Those who are paid aka Reno, insincere 9gerian, Mr no shame (Abati), ever-present liar (Okupe)
3. Those who benefit from cronyism ala deziani
4. Those who have been fooled by lies about the opposition

which one are you Tomakint?
So all the problems you raised are the creation of PDP? The military struck in 1966 as a result of the problems you raised here, you seem to have forgotten that Nigeria's perennial problems are Nigerians and not PDP, ACN, APC etc It's a pity you failed to learn from history about the political structure of Nigeria which is still standing till date is 'godfatherism'. Your analyses, grammar here will not change that except their is a revolution! Jonathan as far as I am concerned had worked more than his predecessors within 2 years go figure that out! If at your level, a Tinubu led party, with the extreme radicality of Buhari, ineptitude of Tom Ikimi, chameleonic nature of Audu Ogbeh, and the likes are now your political leaning, I can only wish you safe journey!

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by hakanai(m): 1:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
APC need to start the progressive thinking and away with PDP. They are new and going national.I say they buckle up is going to be a bumpy ride as PDP will use all manner of Propaganda and staged differences to discourage the masses from voting.Nigerians Must vote and people must remember to sacrifice just one day to change there future for once in 15 yrs.They need to send a clear message they hold the mandate and only give to the people that cherish them.I salute you patriots.

Note: my comments are not for the haters and sycophants on the other side!!!!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Afam4eva(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
honeric01:

Small minded statement, if APC won't oust PDP, is it Afam4afam's party that is going to? apart from APC, is there any other party with close to the power PDP possess that can wrestle power from PDP? angry

BTW, even twin are not one and the same, it's only childish to say APC and PDP are the same! embarassed

Ok,lets toll your line, APC can't dislodge PDP, so we should all go to bed?
I don't see any unique traits that ACN as a party posseses that will make we choose them over PDP. Not that PDP is without stains itself but like the saying goes, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. The actions and utterances of ACN's top echelon even at their meager state gives me the impression that they'll be worse than PDP when they get to Aso Rock, so i drifted away from the support i used to give them. The fact that PDP is bad doesn't mean we must just get any alternative we see. The alternative have to prove themselves to the citizenry. Supporting them shouldn't be a default position. Wrestling power from PDP shouldn't be the target but creating a viable alternative.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
Can you explain the bolded?

Well, GEJ is now tested and his leadership style and competence can now be judged by Nigerians. The opposition also is now more focused and firmly united against his party.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jjcbuthot: 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
I am in guys...

APC all the way...
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Pataki: 1:52pm On Jul 10, 2013

When I read such comments like this from you, it keeps re-affirming that you are not entirely a smart man. What makes a party enough to oust PDP? You hope PDP is ousted, but not by APC? When 2019? or 2023? Your comments are simply playing to the gallery. You are neither here nor there. undecided

5 Likes

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jjcbuthot: 1:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
donroxy: Tomakint,

What do you expect as answers from a crude bigot who thinks leadership is all about having someone from his region or village in power? What sense will he make? He will still come back to you ranting and struggling to justify why it must be Jona and not anybody else.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by honeric01(m): 1:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Afam4eva:
I don't see any unique traits that ACN as a party posseses that will make we choose them over PDP. Not that PDP is without stains itself but like the saying goes, the devil you know is better than the angel you don't know. The actions and utterances of ACN's top echelon even at their meager state gives me the impression that they'll be worse than PDP when they get to Aso Rock, so i drifted away from the support i used to give them. The fact that PDP is bad doesn't mean we must just get any alternative we see. The alternative have to prove themselves to the citizenry. Supporting them shouldn't be a default position. Wrestling power from PDP shouldn't be the target but creating a viable alternative.

The bolded statement is for those who are okay with their misery, not for those who deserve a better life. so because ofada rice is known to be stony but manageable, we shouldn't try Agric that's unknown? how then do you intend knowing there's a better life out there if you insist on dying in your village?

impression and reality are 2 different things, how do you know if someone's going to be a performer? by his past, which past did JEG possess before millions of zombies voted for him? what is pdp known for in the past 15 yrs? can you same this is what PDP stand for in the past 15yrs? yet you wouldn't give a new party a chance?

What makes APC worse than PDP? likes for likes, can we do some comparison? using the worse in pdp for apc and the best in pdp for apc. this is what we should be discussing as matured minds and not some sentimental yadayada you've been pruning on this political board!

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by plaindealer: 1:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pataki:

When I read such comments like this from you, it keeps re-affirming that you are not entirely a smart man. What makes a party enough to oust PDP? You hope PDP is ousted, but not by APC? When 2019? or 2023? Your comments are simply playing to the gallery. You are neither here nor there. undecided

That was double talk and lack of personal convictions and sincerity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Gas Shortage Stalls 23,081MW, Despite Gencos N200bn Fund / NCC: We Don’t Have adequate Coverage For Electronic Transmission Of Results / Buhari, Gbajabiamila, Ugwuanyi, Sanwo-Olu Salutes Emefiele’s Services At 60

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.