Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,521 members, 7,819,879 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church (16462 Views)

Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha / Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Lilprincey(m): 5:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
My governor donates to the church hw is it a problem? Atleast he's promoting youth development. Team Imoke till july stops being a raining season.

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Proverb 17:8

New Living Translation (©2007)
A bribe is like a lucky charm; whoever gives one will prosper!

EFCC should order arrest to christians using New living Translation. It is promoting corruption and mismanagement of fund. This is the greatest reason our politicians go to church.

Proverbs 17:9
New Living Translation (NLT)
9 Love prospers when a fault is forgiven, but dwelling on it separates close friends.

^^^^the judiciary, executive and legislative arm of government covers offenses of this corrupt politicians cause they are friend, carry the deed and love stealing public fund......church has inherited from this too.

Proverb 17:23
New Living Translation (©2007)

The wicked take secret bribes to pervert the course of justice.

^^^^ The fake and dubious accept the bribe from politicians to fund his ministration. He is a wicked man. What the hell is he doing with politics money? Cant he advise and direct the money to motherless home or for tangible project in the state? The pastor that receive the donation (bribe) is a thief.

James 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Isaiah 58:6-10
New International Version (NIV)

6 “Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen:
to loose the chains of injustice
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
7 Is it not to share your food with the hungry
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter—
when you see the naked, to clothe them,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
8 Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you,
and the glory of theLord will be your rear guard.
9 Then you will call,and theLord will answer;
you will cry for help, and he will say: Here am I.
“If you do away with the yoke of oppression,
with the pointing finger and malicious talk,
10 and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your lightwill rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday

^^^ The bible didn't say people should give to church but less priviledge. The pastor see those verses but he ignore them for his own belle.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by FOLYKAZE(m): 5:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
Lil princey: My governor donates to the church hw is it a problem? Atleast he's promoting youth development. Team Imoke till july stops being a raining season.

The problem is you will drink the garri......
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by AbuMikey(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Make I hear word!!!

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by chuckdee4(m): 5:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
Wetin concern Naija church and youth
Another scam jare
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by AbuMikey(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2013
Billionaires: Nice. Liyel Imoke, humbler than that arrogant braggart called.........(fill in the gab).....
Yehhh!!! ENGlish Haff Dead!!! gringringringrin

3 Likes

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by donephi(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
All of u ranting rubbish becos of d donatn of d Governor to d church for the youth empowerment,u better be carefull about wat u say b4 u dig ur grave with ur mouth.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bonetalk(m): 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
bishopjoe02: Hw come nobody is praising he at all, pls let try and recommend he 4 his effort
[b][/ :ob]OMG, WTF
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by AbuMikey(m): 5:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
bishopjoe02: Hw come nobody is praising he at
all, pls let try and recommend he 4 his effort
You haff kill me finish bros!!

4 Likes

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Waspy(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
U go fear the attendance of that church next Sunday! .. Ushers and Stewards beware. But seriously, anoda religious bigotry! I'm cynical wen it comes to African politicians..This same Gov has a Min of Youths Dev

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Nobody: 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2013
FOLYKAZE:

The problem is you will drink the garri......
We in Cross River State don't Drink Garrì.

We are content and well feed with the lil allocation we have, as compare to other states.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by delors(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2013
Was he spending his salary before? The money he gets daily is more than what he makes quarterly as salary....and why church? Why not a motherless babies home or even somewhere else...Abeg we nor get tribal marks jor. If after the 23rd month he still has pot belly, he should be probed as to where he got money to feed himself and his household. 23 months salary? Na so e easy? undecided

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
Abu Mikey: You haff kill me finish bros!!
that's me doing my tin
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by mediainspired: 5:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
In as much as am a Xtian and ordinarily shuld applaud dis, I THINK THIS IS A VERY WRONG MOVE. why dat particular church? is dat d only church in d state? are those ones orphans or simply not 'favored' by d oga at d top? Wat wil others say? No matter how religious u want to project urself, a political leader must ensure he seperates religion and d state (in reality difficult, but shuld try). why not use d money to build youth skil acquisition centre, dat every youth in d state can benefit from. otherwise, dis is d height of bias by somone who shuld be for all in his state.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by ucluiz: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
43. delors(m): Quote Post
Was he spending his salary before? The money
he gets daily is more than what he makes
quarterly as salary....and why church? Why not
a motherless babies home or even somewhere
else...Abeg we nor get tribal marks jor. If after
the 23rd month he still has pot belly, he
should be probed as to where he got money to
feed himself and his household. 23 months
salary? Na so e easy?

U ar nt d one dat wl tel him where to donate his salary. Man grow up.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 6:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
delors: Was he spending his salary before? The money he gets daily is more than what he makes quarterly as salary....and why church? Why not a motherless babies home or even somewhere else...Abeg we nor get tribal marks jor. If after the 23rd month he still has pot belly, he should be probed as to where he got money to feed himself and his household. 23 months salary? Na so e easy? undecided
He is given his basic nt d gross, there r oda allowances attachd to d salary dats far bigger dan d basic.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by AGgal(f): 6:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
I dnt care wat he does wit his salary and i dnt care wat ppl think abt his decision. I'm just hapi dat news abt 'my governor' made frontpage 2day

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by tpia5: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
when i mentioned seun and his admin should make donations to a church in their vicinity, given the high traffic they're getting from christians, they assumed i was joking.

we shall see!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by DAMIGHT(m): 6:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
he know wetin he dey do o
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by PStacks(m): 6:37pm On Jul 10, 2013
The governor has done well by wanting to empower youths.. But my question is... Are youths only in the Church? Don't we have Muslim Youths? Not till we break this scourge called RELIGION, true progress can never be attained..
Bunch'a religious people but not one single godly person.

We can Abolish Religion.
Yes we can!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
Booked
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 6:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
P.Stacks:
The governor has done well by wanting to empower youths.. But my question is... Are youths only in the Church? Don't we have Muslim Youths? Not till we break this scourge called RELIGION, true progress can never be attained..
Bunch'a religious people but not one single godly person.

We can Abolish Religion.
Yes we can!
dis is his personal salary, he can do wateva he like wth it, if d govnor choose to donate it 2 d church, dat shld b his headache nt urs.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by 1Dray(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
wola44: Why not use your salary to build Good Health centre. Shame shame
You should be one the shame should go to. Are the one to tell him what to do with his salary?
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by 1Dray(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
alaoeri: Why not motherless home?
What stops you from give your own salary to motherless home?

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by okoolori(m): 7:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Ogbeni we R not moved by these cheap donation to church abeg... Last time I check its a peanut out of what he stole from our allocations.... Jaguda

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by AbuMikey(m): 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2013
bishopjoe02:
that's me doing my tin
you lie die!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Abu Mikey: you lie die!
y shld i, im a bishop!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Daniel058(m): 7:40pm On Jul 10, 2013
23 month salaries to 1 church?? Hm nwanne!!,aka azu may b there but that we may or not hear l8ter from FCCE, lol!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by FindOut(m): 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
If it was a muslim Governor who donated his 23 months salary to a mosque for the same purpose as Imoke's, I'm quite certain CAN would have issued a statement condemning what appears to be a ''suspicious and callous gesture aimed at polarising the population and favouring the adherents of one religion above the other''. The move will be ''especially condemnable and insensitive going by the chaos being experienced in the country presently due to religious division '' and of course, they'll be ''wondering what the Governor hopes to gain from this move and what message he is sending to the people''.
Nairalanders too would have had a field day, informing us that the Governor was sponsoring a new generation of BH and that was it only his mosque members who voted for him? we would be bamboozled with statistics of the poverty and illiteracy level E.t.c.

Now its a christian Governor and most commenters are saying its his money so he can do what he likes with it. Of course the reasonable and non bigoted ones will always analyse and criticize constructively.

Personally, i feel that while it is truly his money and he can indeed do whatever he likes with it, that money(or gesture) could have gone into better programs not involving a closed group belonging to a particular zone, or religion.

3 Likes

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Dubemkelly(m): 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
How much di involved? As it rgrds church matter*Lips r sealed* lipsrsealed
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by abbas2(m): 8:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
Enangson: For Those of you that are angry with what a man has decided to do with his Salary. The Good news is that you all come from a State with a Governor so just write a letter now to your State Governor telling him how you want him to spend his salary from now till 2015... Lets see the response.
it is so unfortunate that we still have senile youth like you in this country.How can you give such expression in a public domain?Imoke will soon share allocation in the church

1 Like

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 10, 2013
Find Out!:
If it was a muslim Governor who donated his 23 months salary to a mosque for the same purpose as Imoke's, I'm quite certain CAN would have issued a statement condemning what appears to be a ''suspicious and callous gesture aimed at polarising the population and favouring the adherents of one religion above the other''. The move will be ''especially condemnable and insensitive going by the chaos being experienced in the country presently due to religious division '' and of course, they'll be ''wondering what the Governor hopes to gain from this move and what message he is sending to the people''.
Nairalanders too would have had a field day, informing us that the Governor was sponsoring a new generation of BH and that was it only his mosque members who voted for him? we would be bamboozled with statistics of the poverty and illiteracy level E.t.c.

Now its a christian Governor and most commenters are saying its his money so he can do what he likes with it. Of course the reasonable and non bigoted ones will always analyse and criticize constructively.

Personally, i feel that while it is truly his money and he can indeed do whatever he likes with it, that money(or gesture) could have gone into better programs not involving a closed group belonging to a particular zone, or religion.

You are very correct on your assertion. Religious and tribal bias is one of the major problems of this country. Nobody holy pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PanamaPapers Exposes Enrico Monfrini, Nigerian Public Officers May Be Prosecuted / Buhari: How Nigeria Recorded Biggest Economic Growth In Six Years / Arrest Kidnappers Of Igbo Traders, Obong Of Calabar Tells Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.