Stats: 3,153,449 members, 7,819,661 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church (16459 Views)

Why I Am Owing 13 Months' Salary - Okorocha / Obiano Donates Salary To Less Priviledge In Anambra / Why I Owe Osun Workers 5 Months Salary – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 8:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
Find Out!:
If it was a muslim Governor who donated his 23 months salary to a mosque for the same purpose as Imoke's, I'm quite certain CAN would have issued a statement condemning what appears to be a ''suspicious and callous gesture aimed at polarising the population and favouring the adherents of one religion above the other''. The move will be ''especially condemnable and insensitive going by the chaos being experienced in the country presently due to religious division '' and of course, they'll be ''wondering what the Governor hopes to gain from this move and what message he is sending to the people''.
Nairalanders too would have had a field day, informing us that the Governor was sponsoring a new generation of BH and that was it only his mosque members who voted for him? we would be bamboozled with statistics of the poverty and illiteracy level E.t.c.

Now its a christian Governor and most commenters are saying its his money so he can do what he likes with it. Of course the reasonable and non bigoted ones will always analyse and criticize constructively.

Personally, i feel that while it is truly his money and he can indeed do whatever he likes with it, that money(or gesture) could have gone into better programs not involving a closed group belonging to a particular zone, or religion.

dis beta dan buying arms and waging war against ur state, do u no d cost of a rocket launcher, AK47 and anti-tank weapon, were do u thnk Bk r getting their funding frm, since he have decided to use his salary 4 dis noble purpose, y nt applaud dis gentleman

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Policewoman(f): 8:45pm On Jul 10, 2013
His security vote alone can pay 10000 times his salary. Moreover, he still has his wife allowance, food allowance, dress allowance, travel allowance, assistants allowance, car allowance, generator allowance, diesel allowance e.t.c. His salary is just peanuts compared to these allowances.

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by digitite: 9:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
jim jones: at least he's not spending 1 billion naira(tax payer's money!) on food like jona-cassava and his fat ugly wife.

That was uncalled for; spread peace not curse.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by danchuzzy(m): 10:11pm On Jul 10, 2013
bishopjoe02: .

BUSTED
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 10:18pm On Jul 10, 2013
danchuzzy:

BUSTED
hw
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by IYANGBALI: 10:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
Na wetin madam and the shedrens go dey shop for the 23 years?
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by tushbobo(m): 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
After mismanaging $16 billion meant for power generation and distribution few years back.He would not be a governor in decent climes but behind bars.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by dekins: 10:32pm On Jul 10, 2013
Why not allow God to judge?
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by dekins: 10:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Why not allow God to judge than run into conclusions?Mind what u say about men of God to prevent attracting God's wrath.The end shall tell.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by talk2s(m): 10:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
LEvuls: Wetin de vex me be say most of these churches hardly donates to the poor and hardly visits the less privilege.
They always take, take and take and never gives...

Desist from saying what U don't know!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by SamuelAllu(m): 10:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
May God bless him and reward him.

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by SamuelAllu(m): 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=Policewoman]His security vote alone can pay 10000 times his salary. Moreover, he still has his wife allowance, food allowance, dress allowance, travel allowance, assistants allowance, car allowance, generator allowance, diesel allowance e.t.c. His salary is just peanuts compared to these allowances.[how did you know]
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 10, 2013
abbas2:
it is so unfortunate that we still have senile youth like you in this country.How can you give such expression in a public domain?Imoke will soon share allocation in the church
Senile? accepted. But as grown up and wise as you are. Pls tell this public domain what a mature fellow like you have done with your salary since you started working. Or are you too small?

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by 2real2befake: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2013
Oga Governor please do the rite thing and nobody 'll be @ you guys mercies before the youth in this country can realise their potentials.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by NOLONGTIN1(m): 2:39am On Jul 11, 2013
Find Out!:
If it was a muslim Governor who donated his 23 months salary to a mosque for the same purpose as Imoke's, I'm quite certain CAN would have issued a statement condemning what appears to be a ''suspicious and callous gesture aimed at polarising the population and favouring the adherents of one religion above the other''. The move will be ''especially condemnable and insensitive going by the chaos being experienced in the country presently due to religious division '' and of course, they'll be ''wondering what the Governor hopes to gain from this move and what message he is sending to the people''.
Nairalanders too would have had a field day, informing us that the Governor was sponsoring a new generation of BH and that was it only his mosque members who voted for him? we would be bamboozled with statistics of the poverty and illiteracy level E.t.c.

Now its a christian Governor and most commenters are saying its his money so he can do what he likes with it. Of course the reasonable and non bigoted ones will always analyse and criticize constructively.

Personally, i feel that while it is truly his money and he can indeed do whatever he likes with it, that money(or gesture) could have gone into better programs not involving a closed group belonging to a particular zone, or religion.

Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!!

You are definitely not objective as you claim. Do you know who my Neigbour gives most of his salary to? ASHAWOOO, i've never complained because he worked for it and he should do what he wants with it(Whatever brings him joy/fulfillment). This is his salary(Imoke) and he has the right to give his mother, church, mosque or a Mad man as long as they wont use it to constitute nuisance in this country. Also, if it was a muslim governor, he would have given/use the state's allocation to fund/promote islamic activities.

Have you ever thought of who sponsor the Sharia institutions in the North, Almajiris etc ??

#ThinkAboutThat before you start acting like a victim.

Now this is ME being objective

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by entaye(m): 5:00am On Jul 11, 2013
"Youths A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ the Leaders of Tomorrow" И̲̮̣̥̅̊ɑ̤̥̈̊ today we start τ̲̅ȍ hear that line? It have tayed we hear it.if truely it Ȋ̝̊̅§ us, y then A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ all D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ matured old men still fighting Ƒ♡̷̴̬̩̃̊Я positin n power.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Makapounse(m): 5:49am On Jul 11, 2013
bishopjoe02:
youth development indeed , is it supost to be only the youths in that church should b the beneficiary

The governor explained that the donation was out of his commitment and passion for youth development, a desire that made him to float the Bridge Leadership Foundation, a project dedicated to helping youths develop their talents as future leaders.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by FindOut(m): 6:30am On Jul 11, 2013
NO LONG TIN:

Wrong! Wrong!! Wrong!!!

You are definitely not objective as you claim. Do you know who my Neigbour gives most of his salary to? ASHAWOOO, i've never complained because he worked for it and he should do what he wants with it(Whatever brings him joy/fulfillment). This is his salary(Imoke) and he has the right to give his mother, church, mosque or a Mad man as long as they wont use it to constitute nuisance in this country. Also, if it was a muslim governor, he would have given/use the state's allocation to fund/promote islamic activities.

Have you ever thought of who sponsor the Sharia institutions in the North, Almajiris etc ??

#ThinkAboutThat before you start acting like a victim.

Now this is ME being objective

No need analysing your analogy. I believe I stated clearly that Imoke does have the right to spend his money as he pleases. I only made a suggestion as to what i felt he, as an elected official should do. I'm not playing the "victim", only stating a factual opinion which your post above has actually corroborated.

Now to your issues, is the north the only region of the country with muslim Governors and do we not have xtian Governors there?

@ Bolded, you are being objective indeed. undecided

Have a good day.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by blackbeau1(f): 7:17am On Jul 11, 2013
I'm joining this church immediately
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by sarutobie(m): 7:23am On Jul 11, 2013
Find Out!:

Oga nobody bats an eyelid when moslem governors sponsor youths from their own religion..gosh! Is it that nigerians are becoming mentaly lazy or what? They just can't think logically without sentiments again arrggh!..the comments I see above is so irksome..a governor decides to help the youths in his place of worship with his salary and people here are screaming blue murder?
Who told you he hasn't donated to the motherless homes? I have been to one in PH and was surprised at the churches that make monthly donations of foodstuff and toiletteries..most of you won't know this because you have NOT been to one sef!..
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by pat4love: 7:38am On Jul 11, 2013
23 month salary? Hmmmmmm! How much is even his monthly salary, do we know? And how is its going to impact positively to the lives of cross riverian?
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by jonexty(m): 7:49am On Jul 11, 2013
bishopjoe02:

The governor explained that the donation was out of his commitment and passion for youth development, a desire that made him to float the Bridge Leadership Foundation, a project dedicated to helping youths develop their talents as future leaders.
please how can I be a pastor in this church? I hav a flash 4rm angels... With tis kinda money, pastor go d come 4rm 7stars hotel in Dubai to attend service. All deacons go now drive 4 rangerover, fight go burst 4 pulpit. Y nt use d money and build skills acquisition center and empower d youths? Naija o
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by andyprez(m): 7:56am On Jul 11, 2013
Nigerian people (hypocrites) disgust me a lot. If it was reported that he bought the pastor a flashy car, they will say y not give it 2 d less privileged in church. He did that now, & there are saying y not build hospitals, development centres, or otherwise.
The point is this - you'll never satisfy the mind of people. Just do what u can & let ur own conscience be clear.

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by sarutobie(m): 8:35am On Jul 11, 2013
andyprez: Nigerian people (hypocrites) disgust me a lot. If it was reported that he bought the pastor a flashy car, they will say y not give it 2 d less privileged in church. He did that now, & there are saying y not build hospitals, development centres, or otherwise.
The point is this - you'll never satisfy the mind of people. Just do what u can & let ur own conscience be clear.
Even when you build a hospital or development centers,some will still say 'why are you people rejoicing as if he did you a favour' or 'isn't that what he was voted to do'..not even Christ himself was exempted.even though he fed the hungry and healed the sick free of charge.
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Lumyboi(m): 8:45am On Jul 11, 2013
U dnt rili v to broadcast it to d whole world if its CHARITY, otherwise I tnk its campaign. Funny grp of politicians. n sm peeps stil fal for diz crap...eh ya!
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by karpentar: 8:46am On Jul 11, 2013
How will he eat?
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 9:23am On Jul 11, 2013
jonexty: please how can I be a pastor in this church? I hav a flash 4rm angels... With tis kinda money, pastor go d come 4rm 7stars hotel in Dubai to attend service. All deacons go now drive 4 rangerover, fight go burst 4 pulpit. Y nt use d money and build skills acquisition center and empower d youths? Naija o
the governor set up a foundatn,bridge leadershp foundatn, its d foundatn dats giving d fund nt d govnor, try nd read d post again
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by betadaz: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2013
Any church would prefer 1 day loot to 23 months salary...
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by bishopjoe02(m): 10:50am On Jul 11, 2013
betadaz: Any church would prefer 1 day loot to 23 months salary...
u sound like a muslim
Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by JUDENOEL: 10:52am On Jul 11, 2013
I neva wanted to comment but since it concerns me directly i have to.We all come from a state and have Governors.If mine has decide to invest in youth development using the church where morality and respect to somum bormum is still held in high esteem should not be a problem.We cross riverians are nt annoyed with him{LIYEL} he has done us proud with peace in the state,good medical care,pipe borne water,rural roads and electrification etc. Or did you prefare he donates the salary to 2face for marrying from our noisy neighbors?

Re: Imoke Donates 23-Months Salary To Church by Teejay621(m): 11:28am On Jul 11, 2013
I am happy that the God we serve is not a Nigerian who could easily be swayed by these deceptive move.
Why choose one church when their are so many out there which he can spread this largesse with. I'm sure he wants to make the Church popular by attracting the jobless teeming youths of his State to become members.
I wonder why our leaders love attracting controversies. Leaders and prominent people of Sane countries would have simply donated this to a Charity organisation or an NGO...why Church?! Too bad.

Hoteliers Beg Aregbesola To Pay His Debts / Photos: Rivers APC Holds Peaceful Presidential Primaries Across 319 Wards / Buhari: How Nigeria Recorded Biggest Economic Growth In Six Years

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57