Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,828 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64707 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ibietela2(m): 6:11pm On Aug 23, 2013
slinkman: tecno is forever imcomplete.. imagine, i went to a mobile store to check current prices of tecno phones...

imagine d tecno dealer there, sells all kind of tecno phones, but uses a samsung galaxy 4....

kai.. even dealers sabi say tecno na ishhhh

You are one confused fellow

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2013
This "samsung feature" bros no come back ni?

Can u explain y i am running 4 apps on my screen at once and they are not using samsung framework?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
The ability to run more than one app at once either in the background or onscreen is an android feature.

Just because samsung implemented it and other oems did not does not make it a samsung feature. Individual developers can make apps that take advantage of it.

Even samsungs implementation does not work for all apps. But u can hack it to work for all apps. These are some of the strengths of the android platform which has made it so popular.

U should have d grace to admit u were wrong.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 12:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
4llerbuntu: The ability to run more than one app at once either in the background or onscreen is an android feature.

Just because samsung implemented it and other oems did not does not make it a samsung feature. Individual developers can make apps that take advantage of it.

Even samsungs implementation does not work for all apps. But u can hack it to work for all apps. These are some of the strengths of the android platform which has made it so popular.

U should have d grace to admit u were wrong.
which fone u dey use?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:23pm On Aug 24, 2013
Samsung, sony. And i also installed some of this for someone running the big T yesterday.

In my screenie only 1 app is a samsung app. The others are whatsapp+ floating youtube player, popup browser, floating browser.
It works on any droid.

Go to the market. Install popup browser, floating browser, popup youtube player etc.

Infact just type popup or floating in the search bar and you will see countless apps. Even google just updated the official youtube app with this feature...

On sony ericsson there are mini-apps that run like this.

Point is : IT IS NOT A SAMSUNG FEATURE. Infact samsung implementation is for two fixed windows side by side.

There are many features in android that dont get implemented just because its extra work for devs
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 3:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
4llerbuntu: Samsung, sony. And i also installed some of this for someone running the big T yesterday.

In my screenie only 1 app is a samsung app. The others are whatsapp+ floating youtube player, popup browser, floating browser.
It works on any droid.

Go to the market. Install popup browser, floating browser, popup youtube player etc.

Infact just type popup or floating in the search bar and you will see countless apps. Even google just updated the official youtube app with this feature...

Point is : IT IS NOT A SAMSUNG FEATURE. Infact samsung implementation is for two fixed windows side by side.

There are many features in android that dont get implemented just because its extra work for devs

i want to open 2 doc. Files & a pdf. File dsame time on my android screen 4 easy studies & references. Which floating reader do i use, since u said its not a samsung feature?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 3:41pm On Aug 24, 2013
4llerbuntu: Samsung, sony. And i also installed some of this for someone running the big T yesterday.

It works on any droid.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Koolmexxi(m): 12:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
emmysharp: Samsung Galaxy Tab VS Tecno Pad

www.tech.aabnigeria.com/tch/mobile/samsung-galaxy-tab-2-vs-tecno-phantom-pad-n9

which should I get?
Buy the one ur money reach simple

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
techfreak:

i want to open 2 doc. Files & a pdf. File dsame time on my android screen 4 easy studies & references. Which floating reader do i use, since u said its not a samsung feature?

sighs.....
dear lord. grant me grace to suffer fools gladly.

on which Samsung can u read a PDF and doc at the same time running stock touchwiz?

I will explain this one last time.

the feature is an android feature.

Samsung implemented it in touchwiz by default.

not all apps on touchwiz can be used in multi window. (u need a hack to do that, which means u will be rooted and install other things)

you need the application itself to support usage in that way... which is the job of the dev.

the dev can only make it possible by using android software code.

it is a feature of android code that can be used even without it being in the framework.

I run CyanogenMod and I run those things in the screenshot. Samsung did not make CyanogenMod.

houses are built with sand and cement.

a dome roof and a arch roof are designs possible from using sand and cement.

if u cannot understand the above then I give up.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 11:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
Smh. Guy! There is a diffrence btw running real apps concurently and running one app with pop up. The pop up works lyk notification stuff. Eg when ur re sent msg on whats app, u can reply the person in a pop up with out switching over to the whatsapp real app it self!!! Andriod does nt run apps concurrently on a screen. Except the ones with touch wiz! When i mean apps, i mean real apps! Nt pop up!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:09am On Aug 26, 2013
runzlord: When i mean apps, i mean real apps! Nt pop up!

ok
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 26, 2013
runzlord: Smh. Guy! There is a diffrence btw running real apps concurently and running one app with pop up. The pop up works lyk notification stuff. Eg when ur re sent msg on whats app, u can reply the person in a pop up with out switching over to the whatsapp real app it self!!! Andriod does nt run apps concurrently on a screen. Except the ones with touch wiz! When i mean apps, i mean real apps! Nt pop up!
just re-read ur post again, and check out how dumb it is... u mean real app not pop up ap... kai...

why in heavens world will i need two apps run together witout one being minimized?? ....

i av loads of touchwiz pop up apps.. and truth be told, it pisses me off somtimes..

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 10:18am On Aug 26, 2013
deejay_harry1: just re-read ur post again, and check out how dumb it is... u mean real app not pop up ap... kai...

why in heavens world will i need two apps run together witout one being minimized?? ....

i av loads of touchwiz pop up apps.. and truth be told, it pisses me off somtimes..
you watching a video and you get a whatsapp message minimizing and having to hold the home button to get back to an app could be pretty annoying. Thats to me...multiwindow comes handy there.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
caukerzee: you watching a video and you get a whatsapp message minimizing and having to hold the home button to get back to an app could be pretty annoying. Thats to me...multiwindow comes handy there.
ok picture dis, ur watchin a youtube vid.. and a msg just popz in on ur whatsapp... u dont want to stop ur vid or get distracted and u wanna leave d msg for later.. but the touchwiz just popz up d whatsapp and u are forced to answer d msg while d youtube video still plays...

pretty annoying mahn....
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Emekayoung(m): 11:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
So they dont want to close did thread abi?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 27, 2013
deejay_harry1: just re-read ur post again, and check out how dumb it is... u mean real app not pop up ap... kai...

U use small screen dat is why u think lyk that
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by adaye: 9:12am On Aug 27, 2013
4llerbuntu: i no understand y puskin just wont close this thread.

now i see people talking about assets.... strange.

if i may ask why do u not use a nokia torchlight phone then? what applies to u as a T user applies to the torchlight user too.

secondly it seems im missing something here. i see lots n lots of devices that have a resale value years after they were made. infact a whole market thrives on "london-used" phones.

i have never seen chinese phones in this way. maybe because they are not used in the uk cheesy and also maybe because they simply do not last that long...

if i buy a 65k s3 i know that next year i can sell it for 30-35k and add up just another 30k to buy another phone of that price range. over time i spend less because it has a resale value. moreover for a touchscreen phone with features like scratch resistant gorrila glass its gonna look good still.

if i buy a 35k china phone and subject it to the exact same use as d s3 it has no resale value. the screen would be long scratched up n gone. the low quality battery n parts dead.

who is being thrifty here? smh. u pple just dont get it

Its still the same thing. You can buy the 35k china phone as u call it and sell it for 15k a year later. U can then add another 15 k to buy another with improved specs. The so called China phones like techno, gionee etc are creating a favourable impression quality wise and performance wise and so retain some retail value. I believe the issue of no retail value can be said of the non certified/gray label brands.

Also note that should you sell or s3 for 35k you will need to shell out at least 50k for the current flagship as they debut at around 85k up. In all from a discerning buyer or budget minded perspective the recognized "chinko" brands have an edge.

Thank you.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 10:31am On Aug 27, 2013
deejay_harry1: ok picture dis, ur watchin a youtube vid.. and a msg just popz in on ur whatsapp... u dont want to stop ur vid or get distracted and u wanna leave d msg for later.. but the touchwiz just popz up d whatsapp and u are forced to answer d msg while d youtube video still plays...

pretty annoying mahn....
Its different strokes for different folks then.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 2:18pm On Aug 28, 2013
4llerbuntu:

sighs.....
dear lord. grant me grace to suffer fools gladly.

on which Samsung can u read a PDF and doc at the same time running stock touchwiz?

I will explain this one last time.

the feature is an android feature.

Samsung implemented it in touchwiz by default.

not all apps on touchwiz can be used in multi window. (u need a hack to do that, which means u will be rooted and install other things)

you need the application itself to support usage in that way... which is the job of the dev.

the dev can only make it possible by using android software code.

it is a feature of android code that can be used even without it being in the framework.

I run CyanogenMod and I run those things in the screenshot. Samsung did not make CyanogenMod.

houses are built with sand and cement.

a dome roof and a arch roof are designs possible from using sand and cement.

if u cannot understand the above then I give up.

I will digest dat happily, tnx
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by akinlolusewanu9(m): 4:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
Tecno Phantom N9 video review http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gJvkHRmNnoc#
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by bemi12(m): 8:35am On Sep 04, 2013
Fellow nairalanders pls where can I buy this tecno pad in benin city pls help
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by n9jaboy: 12:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
I am so sorry 4 derailing. Please i want to install Bible and dictionary on my samsung galaxy tab ii, can someone help with download link. Thank u
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 12:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
n9jaboy: I am so sorry 4 derailing. Please i want to install Bible and dictionary on my samsung galaxy tab ii, can someone help with download link. Thank u
playstore
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by n9jaboy: 1:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
physise: playstore
Thank you! Just saw it
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
n9jaboy:
Thank you! Just saw it
u r welcome
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Youngsage: 6:56am On Sep 05, 2013
smiley
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Solarpower(m): 10:38am On Sep 05, 2013
Godvilla: They are miles aprt 4rm each oda wen it cums to hardcore specs.
Tecno is just giving Sammy headace in price aspect.
Tell me, wuld u get dis Tecno ova Sammy if they were sold @ the same price?
y nt? Hpe u'r nt 1 of d samsung brainwashed nigerian. Lol
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Emekayoung(m): 11:34am On Sep 05, 2013
Solarpower: y nt? Hpe u'r nt 1 of d samsung brainwashed nigerian. Lol
Oga go and park well..
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by akinlolusewanu9(m): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2013
Detailed comparison. Tecno N9 Pad versus Galaxy [url]Tab 2 http://phonegist..com/2013/07/tecno-phantom-n9-pad-versus-samsung.html[/url]
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by whithawk(m): 1:33pm On Oct 07, 2013
Mehn I v never seen a "dumber" person
patmaine:

I think this will help

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2359281/
Exploding-Samsung-Galaxy-phone-leaves-teenager-
degree-burns-smelling-like-burnt-pig.html
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by DandyGill(m): 7:16pm On Dec 27, 2013
ciphoenix: none have come close to the nexus 10 by samsung

baba nexus 10 is a google product not samsung
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:18pm On Dec 27, 2013
DandyGill:

baba nexus 10 is a google product not samsung

Made by Samsung for Google.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.