Stats: 3,152,022 members, 7,814,496 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64627 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 9:45am On Jul 11, 2013
for those wanting to know what the tecno n9 has in stock this is a comparism from atutu bench marks

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 9:46am On Jul 11, 2013
with nexus 7

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:09am On Jul 11, 2013
3ace: I held the F7 yesterday and I wasn't too impressed with the looks of the interface. Other well known brands don't rely on the Google platform alone, they add their own tweaks to the operating system to give users a more enjoyable experience. You won't notice this if Tecno is your first android but I could easily detect this having used Sony android for a long time. To most Tecno fans, this might not justify the price difference but for me, it does. I can still spare additional N10 to N15k to get my taste at N50k. Anything above that is a no for me as I also don't like breaking the bank for a phone. No doubt, Tecno is doing fine but they can still improve. Someone asked a vital question that if they are being sold for same price, which one would I go for? I say Sammy.

UI customisation is not a very strong point for price differentiation or else free and premium custom launchers won't have a market. If the OEMs felt their UI offerings were all that they should put them on the market and let people choose with their money. However when it comes to hardware quality then you begin to understand were the price difference matters. One thing you should look out for though is the larger OEMs beginning to use budget chipsets made by coys like Mediatek as those chip sets become more powerful at lower price points. Sony for example has at least 1 phone that uses a Mediatek chip set.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 10:38am On Jul 11, 2013
30card: for those wanting to know what the tecno n9 has in stock this is a comparism from atutu bench marks
so antutu now recognizes the name. Interesting. This is still low end for a 2013 tablet.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: none have come close to the nexus 10 by samsung

Now you are the one making the mistake. Budget chipsets can't match exactly the performance of high end chip sets so there doesn't even need to be a comparison in the first place. That said I think sooner than we may think we may see these Chinese OEMs outputting very solid devices with chipsets like Snapdragon S4 and 600 and so on as those technologies become cheaper. ARMs tech too is getting cheaper which has given coys like Mediatek a good run at making solid budget chips that can give performance that was considered top notch less than 1½ years ago.

Do not underestimate the Chinese OEMs.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:49am On Jul 11, 2013
4llerbuntu:
unknown and unproven chipset.
unknown gpu. does it even have one?

Not unknown. See the above benchmark and here: www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=cpu&id=a8389&c=mediatek_mt8389
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2013
3ace: I held the F7 yesterday and I wasn't too impressed with the looks of the interface. Other well known brands don't rely on the Google platform alone, they add their own tweaks to the operating system to give users a more enjoyable experience. You won't notice this if Tecno is your first android but I could easily detect this having used Sony android for a long time. To most Tecno fans, this might not justify the price difference but for me, it does. I can still spare additional N10 to N15k to get my taste at N50k. Anything above that is a no for me as I also don't like breaking the bank for a phone. No doubt, Tecno is doing fine but they can still improve. Someone asked a vital question that if they are being sold for same price, which one would I go for? I say Sammy.
U just spoke my mind. Wen i try to let 'em knw in F7 thread, they fink am a bad belle person.
A 1st timer Android user wuld neva recognise this..............
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 11, 2013
akwunmi: I REALy tnk d poster 4 dis!!!
Evn wen TECHNO is trying hard to librat dem 4rm sam high fone prizes slavry,som stil de blind to c dat FACT.wetin concern normal fone user wit gorilla glass? Snapdragon chip? Ur sammy wit gorilla glass no go spoil again?..truly no kno d makers of f7 gpu or cpu chip bu wu CAREs!!wen it delivers wot ur so called snapdragon chipest do...f7 runs app smoothly n plays heavy hd games well..wot more can I ask 4? PRODUCTIVITY N DURABILITY Is Wot we wnt n techno has dat..som mumu go con de tlk make de no compar dem? Y de no go compar fone of 36k wit beta spec to a fone of 53k wit lesser spec It shows how sammy is just using name 2rub us but techno don open our eyes now...na u b baba 4 here now ooo...ALL HAIL TECHNO!!!!!
U sound funny.......
Errrmm... U wanna compare Adreno 302 to an unknwn old GPU chip in F7 dat cannot RUN FIFA 12 and other High graphics games?
The phone try play Gangstar vegas but the graphics display was blur.....
Dnt compare dis hardware/software specs...(High End-Low/Mid range)
does it ring a bell?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 11:38am On Jul 11, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Now you are the one making the mistake. Budget chipsets can't match exactly the performance of high end chip sets so there doesn't even need to be a comparison in the first place. That said I think sooner than we may think we may see these Chinese OEMs outputting very solid devices with chipsets like Snapdragon S4 and 600 and so on as those technologies become cheaper. ARMs tech too is getting cheaper which has given coys like Mediatek a good run at making solid budget chips that can give performance that was considered top notch less than 1½ years ago.

Do not underestimate the Chinese OEMs.
the nexus 10 wasn't an expensive tablet yet it had a cortex A15 cpu. All these OEMS are the same, some just dial down their cost of production and selling cost at the same time making them appear as saints.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2013
Well established Chinese OEMs use Snapdragon 600 and sum of dem are going the 800 chip way.
Low budget OEMS might take veri veri long time.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 12:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: U sound funny.......
Errrmm... U wanna compare Adreno 302 to an unknwn old GPU chip in F7 dat cannot RUN FIFA 12 and other High graphics games?
The phone try play Gangstar vegas but the graphics display was blur.....
Dnt compare dis hardware/software specs...(High End-Low/Mid range)
does it ring a bell?
we not talking about f7 here ,we talking n9
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 30card(m): 12:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: so antutu now recognizes the name. Interesting. This is still low end for a 2013 tablet.
now its if atutu recognize tecno and it can compete with a 2012 tab, pls try to be fair when having a debate , with d comparism we see the n9 outing the sammy tab 2 10.1 and standing a little toe to toe with nexus 7.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
30card:
now its if atutu recognize tecno and it can compete with a 2012 tab, pls try to be fair when having a debate , with d comparism we see the n9 outing the sammy tab 2 10.1 and standing a little toe to toe with nexus 7.

tell them oooo. I use the N9, and its woooooah!
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Anyi3(m): 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Click like if you foresaw this thread coming...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Frostyzone(m): 1:37pm On Jul 11, 2013
Once when I was a little boy, I compared my Terminator family-con with my big brother's Sega Genesis, even going as far as saying mine is better. It all stemmed from envy. We all know between the two, which video game console wins the fight.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Frostyzone(m): 1:41pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: They are miles aprt 4rm each oda wen it cums to hardcore specs.
Tecno is just giving Sammy headace in price aspect.
Tell me, wuld u get dis Tecno ova Sammy if they were sold @ the same price?

Only if I'm Stüpid, which I'm not. Can't say the same for Techno crazed mörons in this forum though.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Frostyzone(m): 1:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
Francheezy: hmmm

y must tecno always b compared with samsung wen deir r oda chinese tabs out dere

It's called insecurities pal. It all boils down to envy and Bitterness that is constantly exuding from Chinko Techno users.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by FKO1(m): 1:58pm On Jul 11, 2013
Brainrex:
hahaha I always laugh my ass out any time I see the Dude ranting when it comes to tecno devices, an average user doesn't care about the chipset, it's quad core Dude and I'm preety sure it'll beat the galaxy tab in benchmark score
The n9 wins (price and performance )

#teamTecno cheesy cheesy
I TIRE FOR D GUY SEF

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
Frostyzone:

It's called insecurities pal. It all boils down to envy and Bitterness that is constantly exuding from Chinko Techno users.
chinko na chinko all tecno phone carry d same specs with diferent upgrades.Bleep all tecno users make dey let person hear word very soon dey go start to dey compare dis tab with xperia z ultra smh
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Elxandre(m): 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
i hope it charges fast anyways..
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by toluernanes: 2:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
bottom line is, for those who are really into top end specs and really know what make a good tab tick, this isn't for you especially if you can afford better. However, I think Tecno are targeting a demographic that largely covers Nigerians that
(i) want to port to android
(ii) really don't know what difference chipsets and processors make
(iii)want something relatively pocket (price wise) friendly

And if you agree with me, that is a pretty large demographic. Majority of the people I know that own tabs use them for pretty petty things like taking pictures at public occasions (yes, believe me) or watching small videos and showing off.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
Elxandre: i hope it charges fast anyways..
yeah fast...like 2 and half hours.....i'm using d N9.... its sweet

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 2:07pm On Jul 11, 2013
30card:
considering it's a 2013 tablet, it's not so impressive. Android tablets has never been samsung's strength, else they would've produced a worthy competitor for the ipad. That tab 2 is old though
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
tolu_ernanes: bottom line is, for those who are really into top end specs and really know what make a good tab tick, this isn't for you especially if you can afford better. However, I think Tecno are targeting a demographic that largely covers Nigerians that
(i) want to port to android
(ii) really don't know what difference chipsets and processors make
(iii)want something relatively pocket (price wise) friendly

And if you agree with me, that is a pretty large demographic. Majority of the people I know that own tabs use them for pretty petty things like taking pictures at public occasions (yes, believe me) or watching small videos and showing off.

True Words
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by frainc(m): 2:08pm On Jul 11, 2013
I can nw see d way samsung ve enslave some of nigerian's mind, chai talkin abt chips, what do u knw abt chips?
Our mentality in dis country is dat anyth dat is expensive is d best and dat is what samsung and co capitalize on,
talkin abt phones, i ve used NOKIA, SONNY ERICSSON, SAMSUNG, TECNO infact for nw i'm using HTC and ASHA(nokia) so wen it come to battery, After nokia battery no other phone battery can be compare wit tecno battery

Thank u.

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by olawaletaiwo(m): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2013
teno too dey make noise joooor

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by FKO1(m): 2:11pm On Jul 11, 2013
f rain c: I can nw see d way samsung ve enslave some of nigerian's mind, chai talkin abt chips, what do u knw abt chips?
Our mentality in dis country is dat anyth dat is expensive is d best and dat is what samsung and co capitalize on,
talkin abt phones, i ve used NOKIA, SONNY ERICSSON, SAMSUNG, TECNO infact for nw i'm using HTC and ASHA(nokia) so wen it come to battery, After nokia battery no other phone battery can be compare wit tecno battery

Thank u.
10O LIKES FOR U

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
f rain c: I can nw see d way samsung ve enslave some of nigerian's mind, chai talkin abt chips, what do u knw abt chips?

Thank u.
true shall o

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by FKO1(m): 2:14pm On Jul 11, 2013
olawaletaiwo: teno too dey make noise joooor
THANK GOD SAY NA TENO U TALK

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 2baga(m): 2:15pm On Jul 11, 2013
Well it all boils down to your personal preference, but IMHO, I will still go for a tecno anytime, anyday grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by emmaliveth10(m): 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
Chaaaaaaaiiiii loving tecno all the way!still flexing my Q1 FULL TIME!

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 2:17pm On Jul 11, 2013
When will Nigerians learn to keep their noses out of others' business?

If I decide to get a mesh desktop of $3000 just because I want to play all my games at 1080p and ultra with more than 60fps it's my business. If I decide to go budget and get an Ankermann gamer which can play the same games at $800, it's also my business.

All these comparison of A vs B is just uncalled for.
They were made for different markets and each is thriving in it's market.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50