Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,111 members, 7,835,750 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64704 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by physise(m): 12:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
mods wetin una dey wait for
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by slinkman(m): 12:58pm On Aug 12, 2013
runzlord:
Windows! gringringrin
But among the three os, andriod lags the most
u havnt used an android phone yet...

get off tecno and go feel som real android...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 1:00pm On Aug 12, 2013
runzlord:
Windows! gringringrin
But among the three os, andriod lags the most
The only reason iOSand windows do not lag is because of the absence of true multi-tasking. But with iOS7, with true multi-tasking, you would hear about mor cases of lag.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 2:33pm On Aug 12, 2013
caukerzee: The only reason iOSand windows do not lag is because of the absence of true multi-tasking. But with iOS7, with true multi-tasking, you would hear about mor cases of lag.

lets watch and see
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2013
caukerzee: The only reason iOSand windows do not lag is because of the absence of true multi-tasking. But with iOS7, with true multi-tasking, you would hear about mor cases of lag.
Acttually andriod has the worst multitasking
https://www.nairaland.com/1312556/android-pretends-full-multitasking
Everyone knws windows has the best multitasking.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 2:04am On Aug 13, 2013
runzlord:
Anyone can believe or claim whatever they want, but even windows and iOS (before iOS7) admit not to offering true multi-tasking.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by caukerzee(m): 2:27am On Aug 13, 2013
runzlord:
I just read the article and the person that wrote it is a buthurt symbian fanboy trying to convince people to stick to symbian for its multi-tasking prowes. Its just ridiculous. If we were to give a droid app to a symbian, the symbian will crash instantly because it cannot meet the demands of the todays apps.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 10:24am On Aug 13, 2013
Apps are in 5 states:
1. Not running - terminated app or one that’s never been launched.
2. Inactive - in the foreground but not receiving events.
3. Active - the usual state of an app when it’s been used.
4. Background - the app has bn opened but is not on the screen,
but still executing code, onscreen notifications is under this category.
5. Suspended - the opened app is not on the screen, it’s still resident in memory but not executing code.

In true multitasking like android and webOs, u can have 1 active app and at least 3 background apps..

In pseudo-multitasking like iOS, u have 1 active app and few suspended apps, background app automatically becomes suspended.

Dnt knw about WP8 and BB OS.

Am yet to see a mobile OS on tablets (lemme not say phone) with more than 1 active app running at the same time not simultaneously e.g 2 VLC players + 1 audio player arranged on d screen just like widgets becoming active

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by slinkman(m): 10:38am On Aug 13, 2013
techfreak: Apps are in 5 states:
5. Suspended - the opened app is not on the screen, it’s still resident in memory but not executing code.

In true multitasking like android and webOs, u can have 1 active app and at least 3 background apps..

In pseudo-multitasking like iOS, u have 1 active app and few suspended apps, background app automatically becomes suspended.

Am yet to see a mobile OS on tablets (lemme not say phone) with more than 1 active app running at the same time not simultaneously e.g 2 VLC players + 1 audio player arranged on d screen just like widgets becoming active
go get an android..and run mobo player wit operamini or any oda app ...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 11:31am On Aug 13, 2013
techfreak: Apps are in 5 states:

Maybe you've not seen Samsung's multiwindow in operation.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 11:44am On Aug 13, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Maybe you've not seen Samsung's multiwindow in operation.

i mean tablets. and wch of d galaxy? is it an android feature or samsung added feature? and wats d max no. of split screen/window?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 11:49am On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: go get an android..and run mobo player wit operamini or any oda app ...

so u run mobo, mx player, operamini, camera at d same time all on ur android screen?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 12:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
techfreak:

i mean tablets. and wch of d galaxy? is it an android feature or samsung added feature? and wats d max no. of split screen/window?

You can run as many apps as possible in the cascade view of multiwindow.

I have seen it on the Note 10.1 and 8.0.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by slinkman(m): 1:06pm On Aug 13, 2013
techfreak:

so u run mobo, mx player, operamini, camera at d same time all on ur android screen?
i run mobo and operamini... i run mobo and google chrome.. i run mobo and ucweb... i run mobo and message at d same tym... and i even run mobo alone if i want...
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 9:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
All these thing ur aguing is just anoda reason why windows(nt windows phone) is still the best. But yet windows phone offers true multitasking. Cos its in the blood of windows. U guys need to do more youtube watching its nt nessaccery u use the fone. But as for tablet? The best option 4 me is still windows 8 or 8 pro tabs. I dont lyk windows RT cos it does nt run .exe apps. Here is a video on what i call true multitasking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG0yZLEPN_Y&client=mv-google&gl=US&hl=en&guid=
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 10:11pm On Aug 13, 2013
slinkman: i run mobo and operamini... i run mobo and google chrome.. i run mobo and ucweb... i run mobo and message at d same tym... and i even run mobo alone if i want...

lol! Mobo! I dnt want to download mobo na. I use my tablet for books and browsing, need to open 3 books at dsame time.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 10:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
runzlord: All these thing ur aguing is just anoda reason why windows(nt windows phone) is still the best. But yet windows phone offers true multitasking. Cos its in the blood of windows. U guys need to do more youtube watching its nt nessaccery u use the fone. But as for tablet? The best option 4 me is still windows 8 or 8 pro tabs. I dont lyk windows RT cos it does nt run .exe apps. Here is a video on what i call true multitasking.

lobatan....! Thats apple ipad!!!

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by techfreak: 10:19pm On Aug 13, 2013
d samsung galaxy eg note 10.1 does it all but with only two windows
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2013
techfreak: d samsung galaxy eg note 10.1 does it all but with only two windows

There is suppose to be an update that gives it the cascade capability.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2013
runzlord: All these thing ur aguing is just anoda reason why windows(nt windows phone) is still the best. But yet windows phone offers true multitasking. Cos its in the blood of windows. U guys need to do more youtube watching its nt nessaccery u use the fone. But as for tablet? The best option 4 me is still windows 8 or 8 pro tabs. I dont lyk windows RT cos it does nt run .exe apps. Here is a video on what i call true multitasking.

WP8 doesn't do true multitasking as you cannot run two different apps on screen concurrently.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
techfreak:

lobatan....! Thats apple ipad!!!
Would even nexus 10 do a diffrent thing?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lord_Reed:

WP8 doesn't do true multitasking as you cannot run two different apps on screen concurrently.
Which os does that?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by LordReed(m): 4:48pm On Aug 15, 2013
runzlord:
Which os does that?

Cascade mode on Samsung Galaxy series will let you run multiple programs side by side. I have tested it out on the Note 10.1 and know that the S3 (via update) and S4 also have it. Maybe its proprietary to Samsung but the fact that it runs on the Android platform means similarly capable droids can do it.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2013
runzlord:
Which os does that?

android os. touchwiz fork running on

note 1

note 2

s3

s4

s4 active

tab 3

note 10.1

note 8.0etc

its called multiwindow
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Onosy: 5:11pm On Aug 16, 2013
Hello guys, has anyone used Google chrome browser on this tab (Tecno N9)? some1 said it failed to install on his! with this msg (pakage file not sign properly)
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by slinkman(m): 5:35pm On Aug 16, 2013
tecno is forever imcomplete.. imagine, i went to a mobile store to check current prices of tecno phones...

imagine d tecno dealer there, sells all kind of tecno phones, but uses a samsung galaxy 4....

kai.. even dealers sabi say tecno na ishhhh

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 1:23am On Aug 18, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Cascade mode on Samsung Galaxy series will let you run multiple programs side by side. I have tested it out on the Note 10.1 and know that the S3 (via update) and S4 also have it. Maybe its proprietary to Samsung but the fact that it runs on the Android platform means similarly capable droids can do it.
4llerbuntu:

android os. touchwiz fork running on

note 1

note 2

s3

s4

s4 active

tab 3

note 10.1

note 8.0etc

its called multiwindow
Again! That is not andriod feature! thats samsung feature! Nokia could come up with the same multiwindow feature for lumia 2moro. It still does nt make windows phone run 2 apps concurrently! Unless ure also telling me nokia amber update is now a windows phone feature. Or lg g2 quick windows is now an andriod feature. The fact is no os except windows 8 and windows RT run apps concurrently
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by everyday: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2013
I just bought techno n9 tab after reading reviews on this thread.I can tell you that this machine is mind blowing.Its fast.have good battery and does not lag.Kudos to techno for doing a very good product this time
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:52pm On Aug 23, 2013
runzlord:
Again! That is not andriod feature! thats samsung feature!

err.... "samsung feature"?

The software is not android? its "samsung" OS?

what about the numerous "pop up" browsers and mini-apps that run on top of whatever it is you are doing?
lots of them are even in the playstore sef for any device.

Multitasking does not mean running more than one app on the screen at once, it means having more than one app "live" and running in processor and memory at once. most OS just cache into background and leave the whole processor and ram to the app running onscreen. thats why its not "true multitasking"

na u sabi o. i no get power for this one abeg smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:28pm On Aug 23, 2013
Like this

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by emmysharp(m): 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.