Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,914 members, 7,814,083 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 (64623 Views)

Tecno P9 Phantom PAD Mini Discussion Thread / Tecno Phantom Pad N9 - A Combination Of Phone And Tablet / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by EvilBrain1(m): 2:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
The Tecno is definitely better. I have both a Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0 and an Asus Nexus 7 and I got to play with the Tecno N9 for a while yesterday.

The build quality seem decent enough, though it doesn't have gorilla glass and the it's not as solid as the galaxy tab (though neither is the nexus). The screen is better than Samsung's though its not quite up to the nexus 7's quality. The aspect ratio is a little funny (similar to the iPads) but it has a slightly higher resolution than the galaxy. It also runs stock android 4.2.1 and it's very smooth and responsive. I don't know what chipset and GPU it's using, but its much faster than the galaxy. Samsung has already announced that the galaxy tab 2 won't be updated past 4.1, and they've apparently forgotten to push the last update to Africa 6 months after people in Europe got it. I can't vouch for the tecnos battery life though the Samsung's is mediocre.

The only advantage the Samsung has over the Tecno is the more sturdy build quality and the brand name. In all other ways, the Tecno is better. And its low price makes it a total whitewash.

The only fair comparison is between the Tecno and the Nexus 7. Both have quad core processors, both run stock jelly bean, and both are cheap. OTOH, both have questionable to rubbish build quality (every single Nexus 7 I've ever seen has a broken screen, including mine). The nexus probably edges it because of its higher resolution screen and it's guaranteed future updates, but if the Tecno can last more than 3 weeks without breaking, then it'll be a very close race.

I'm aactually thinking of selling my galaxy tab and getting a Tecno, just for the jelly bean alone.

6 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Ignatio(m): 2:22pm On Jul 11, 2013
Tecno giving Samsung headache? Wonders shall never end.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Wiseoldman: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2013
Im posting this with a techno smartphone...

fyi: i have used bb, iphone 4s, itouch, and i had a galaxy for two weeks...

If you want to make a statement (i.e keep up with the jones) dont use a techno...

But if you dont give a damn, techno smartphones provides you best value for money...

But i respect people with brand loyalty for not using techno, eg i for one only use LG laptops, and wear Movado timepieces.

*If you over invest you would sub-optimize ~Fola Adeola

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by FKO1(m): 2:24pm On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: When will Nigerians learn to keep their noses out of others' business?

If I decide to get a mesh desktop of $3000 just because I want to play all my games at 1080p and ultra with more than 60fps it's my business. If I decide to go budget and get an Ankermann gamer which can play the same games at $800, it's also my business.

All these comparison of A vs B is just uncalled for.
They were made for different markets and each is thriving in it's market.
NA COMPARISM DEM DO NOBODY THEY FORCE ANYBODY TO BUY THE TAB...SOME. PEOPLE CAN CARRY TECNO ISH FOR HEAD

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 2:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
F.K.O:
NA COMPARISM DEM DO NOBODY THEY FORCE ANYBODY TO BUY THE TAB...SOME. PEOPLE CAN CARRY TECNO ISH FOR HEAD
when folks start to rain insults on each other's ancestors and progeny, that's where the problem is
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by FKO1(m): 2:34pm On Jul 11, 2013
ciphoenix: when folks start to rain insults on each other's ancestors and progeny, that's where the problem is
I WAS NOT INSULTING U,ONLY MAKING A POINT, SORRY IF U FEEL OFFENDED

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by olanyte: 2:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
Francheezy: hmmm

y must tecno always b compared with samsung wen deir r oda chinese tabs out dere
poor thinking tecno is better.

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ciphoenix: 3:00pm On Jul 11, 2013
F.K.O:
I WAS NOT INSULTING U,ONLY MAKING A POINT, SORRY IF U FEEL OFFENDED
I didn't imply you did o cheesy was talking about them folks over there who are busy insulting each other
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Stormborn: 3:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Team tecno click LIKE

21 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Stormborn: 3:13pm On Jul 11, 2013
Team samsung galaxy click LIKE

7 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: They are miles aprt 4rm each oda wen it cums to hardcore specs.
Tecno is just giving Sammy headace in price aspect.
Tell me, wuld u get dis Tecno ova Sammy if they were sold @ the same price?
what about gettin d same sactifaction nd a little bit better @ a lower price?

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by blackweaver(m): 3:29pm On Jul 11, 2013
Stormborn: Team tecno click LIKE

Stormborn: Team samsung galaxy click LIKE

lol!

Team none of the above, click LIKE

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Stormborn: Team samsung galaxy click LIKE
take dat 2 fb
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2013
30card:
now its if atutu recognize tecno and it can compete with a 2012 tab, pls try to be fair when having a debate , with d comparism we see the n9 outing the sammy tab 2 10.1 and standing a little toe to toe with nexus 7.
Irrelevant debate.
Comapring a 2013 device with a 2011 device??
Yet there's a lil bit of gap between 'em!!!
Wht shall we say then, wen Sammy releases the upcoming Tab 3?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Leopantro: 3:36pm On Jul 11, 2013
Godvilla: Irrelevant debate.

you have a point there
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by nairaarea: 3:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
TECNO

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 11, 2013
manuell1021: what about gettin d same sactifaction nd a little bit better @ a lower price?
Definately not with Tecno cos they are still @ their infant stage...........
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by spoilerx: 3:45pm On Jul 11, 2013
comparing an old Samsung tablet to the latest techno tablet.
why not versus galaxy tab 3?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jul 11, 2013
4llerbuntu: YAAAY!!

so much for analytical reasoning smiley smiley

I'd like to ask u sm questions.. I'm assuming whatever device u use nw was measured ANALYTICALLY against some other device. So if I may ask,

1) what device are you using right now?

2) what other devices was it compared with when u embarked on purchasing it?

3) how did it compare when squared with the other devices?

4) what about your device influenced your decision to choose it above all others u pitched it against?

Thank you.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by segsinc(m): 3:48pm On Jul 11, 2013

Uve said it all.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by toluxa1(m): 4:01pm On Jul 11, 2013

When Samsung releases the Tab 3, it'll most likely cost 3 times the price of the Techno N9, so you see, I'll still go for the N9.

3 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Dovahkiin(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
smh ITT(In This Thread), broke niggas who cant afford a high end samsung/iphone/htc trying hard to justify it
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by toluxa1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 11, 2013
Evil Brain:
The only advantage the Samsung has over the Tecno is the more sturdy build quality and the brand name. In all other ways, the Tecno is better. And its low price makes it a total whitewash.

The only fair comparison is between the Tecno and the Nexus 7. Both have quad core processors, both run stock jelly bean, and both are cheap. OTOH, both have questionable to rubbish build quality (every single Nexus 7 I've ever seen has a broken screen, including mine). The nexus probably edges it because of its higher resolution screen and it's guaranteed future updates, but if the Tecno can last more than 3 weeks without breaking, then it'll be a very close race.

I'm aactually thinking of selling my galaxy tab and getting a Tecno, just for the jelly bean alone.

3 weeks ke? Haba bros, how screen go dey break in 3 weeks. If that's how yours is, you must be a careless dude (sorry to say)

1 Like

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 11, 2013
wow....this N9 is so sweet....!

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by yomez(m): 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Please I want to ask whether this tecno tablet is readily available in Nigeria? and if it is readily available, where can I get it and how much does it cost?
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Did you say iPad mini? #ifIhear. #tecnoCRAP
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by EvilBrain1(m): 4:19pm On Jul 11, 2013
toluxa1:

3 weeks ke? Haba bros, how screen go dey break in 3 weeks. If that's how yours is, you must be a careless dude (sorry to say)

I'm not careless. I treated my nexus 7 like an egg. I never dropped it or put anything on it or even sat down with it in my pocket. The thing still broke after the most trivial contact. I didn't even know when it happened, that's how minor it was.

Plus I known 2 other guys whose nexuses didn't ever last that long. One of them was on his second one. Atheists internet is filled stories of the nexus 7 and nexus 4 breaking at the slightest contact. Those things are flimsy as hell.
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by idlatest(m): 4:21pm On Jul 11, 2013
Ah tink y dis tecno dude re comperin wif samsung is dat, wen techno was no fone samsung dudes was lik "u aint gad level" wid odas dat re usin bb,nokia,lg,techno,etc

ah tink some samsung guys re jst bondage of d price

tecno gad it ol wif dier lil sprice

team nokia
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by ezehisaac(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
I used to be one of the most haters of tecno phones.but today,having tested their android version,i think they have really improved.
And at the rate they are going presently,i see them taking over africa.
Remember,africa is still a developing continent where the number of common masses far exceeds that of the aflluents.
take nigeria as a case study,how many nigerians can afford 50k and above just to buy a phone?
Do the calculations and tell me who will gain more..i'll be waitting

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by franklampard082(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
Comparing the tab that came out like a year ago within a tecno product that probably came out yesterday. Why don't u compare the tecno tab with the Samsung galaxy tab 3 which is the most recent Samsung tab
Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by frankobaba(m): 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2013
akwunmi: I REALy tnk d poster 4 dis!!!
Evn wen TECHNO is trying hard to librat dem 4rm sam high fone prizes slavry,som stil de blind to c dat FACT.wetin concern normal fone user wit gorilla glass? Snapdragon chip? Ur sammy wit gorilla glass no go spoil again?..truly no kno d makers of f7 gpu or cpu chip bu wu CAREs!!wen it delivers wot ur so called snapdragon chipest do...f7 runs app smoothly n plays heavy hd games well..wot more can I ask 4? PRODUCTIVITY N DURABILITY Is Wot we wnt n techno has dat..som mumu go con de tlk make de no compar dem? Y de no go compar fone of 36k wit beta spec to a fone of 53k wit lesser spec It shows how sammy is just using name 2rub us but techno don open our eyes now...na u b baba 4 here now ooo...ALL HAIL TECHNO!!!!!

1,000,000 LIKES
Of a truth, they re improving... come 2015 Techno wld take 9ja by Storm.
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Samsung-Galaxy Tab2 VS Tecno-Phantom Pad N9 by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
Even chinese people do not go for their own home made phones and tabs. They rather sell their kidneys to buy apple products and korean mobile device.

Should that tell us something regarding what they know about the quality of their own products? But here they are being praised up and down by Nigerians.

Making cheap android phones for a competitive market is good but trying to compare any nonsense they release with premium brands like HTC, Sam-sung and Apple is just tomfoolery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Xiaomi Surpasses Apple To Become The World’s Third Biggest Smartphone Brand / How To Check If Your National Identity Card Is Ready / Download PES 2016 For PPSSPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.